Upgrade office mac

Version: Older version

I just bought a new iMAC computer with Snow Leopard; on my old Apple computer, I was using office mac 2001.  This new computer will not let me install office mac 2001.  Can I install an upgrade program for office 2004 on it; will that work?  I really would rather not go to 2008 office.  Thanks.
0
maddydeh

Why does Mac change PC dates?
I'm running Excel 2004 for the Mac (version 11.1). When someone sends me a PC-created workbook with dates, I read the dates fine. But if I copy and paste them into a new workbook, each date advances by one (ex: 10/16 to 10/17). Anyone know what's going on? The date is probably being advanced by four years, because the Mac uses the 1904 date system, and Windows uses a 1900 date system. There's information in the following MSKB article: XL: The 1900 Date System vs. the 1904 Date System http://support.microsoft.com/kb/180162 walter4e wrote: > I'm running Excel 20...

Out of Office
Does Windows Mail have an "out of office" feature like Outlook? No. You can create one but...... If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have WinMail open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an endless loop of bounces. Your ISP may offer this servic...

Too many unwanted blank documents in Office applications
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Word, Excel, and Powerpoint all open with new blank documents. I typically close these, open existing documents for revision, and close the revised documents. The problem is that when I move to another application and then come back to an Office application, the application opens still another new blank document when I want to open another existing document. I have to close these unwanted blank documents many times a day. I can not find a way in Word/Excel/Powerpoint to stop the applications from creating these blank doc...

Upgrade GP8 to 9 and multicurrency access
After upgrade databases, some users reporting about troubles. I check this and found error message while accessing to "Transaction -> Sales -> Sales transaction entry" menu item. Error message displayed "Your multicurrency registration status has changed. Please check links on the Mutlicurrency Setup table". For another databases error message different: "A functional currency does not exists for this company. Transaction cannot be entered." What I can do for error correcting? Thanks. PS Sorry for may be simple questions, but I only DBA and not very ...

Provide a better upgrade path with Business Contact Manager
Hi, my suggestion is to provide a better upgrade path between Business Contact Manager and MS CRM. Small business owners that use BCM will want to upgrade to CRM as they grow. Looking at the blogs and postings, there seems to be a lot of problems migrating data from one to the other. I thought it would be great if I could just drag and drop a contact from BCM to the leads folder or contacts folder and have it add a record automatically. I was able to use the data migration tool to get my accounts to migrate over but not my leads and even so, not all of the information came through such ...

NT4 SUPPORT OF MS OFFICE 2003
hi, please give the list of operating systems supported by microsoft office 2003 is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? PLEASE HELP BY ANIL After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ANIL <anilkumar@asianetindia.com>... > please give the list of operating systems supported by > microsoft office 2003 Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 and later Microsoft Windows XP Gold and later > is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? It is not supported and will not work. I suggest upgrading to Windows XP (or 2000 at least) ASAP -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publ...

Upgrade to GP10 trans log errors
I recently ran a GP company DB upgrade on SQL05 - 5 companies made it - one did not. I tried 2 more times and ran into this error each time: transaction log for company ID full. To find out why the space in the log cannot be re-used see the log_reuse_wait_desc column in the sys.databases? How do I open that table in temp DB to view that column? and it also states to remove the temporary table at the database level. I opened a case with MBS to assist but still have no answers on how to get past these errors - has anyone run into this who can help me? (The database was res...

Automation object in office template
I’m not sure which area to post this in. Anyway, I’m trying to use an Access 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft’s site, but in 2003. I downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on my computer. Right off the bat I get a “The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘IsTrusted’” message. I have no idea what this means and how can I fix it or get rid of it. Any ideas? Thank you! If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not b...

Office 2007 frustration
Hi, I'm sure this has probably come up before, but I could use some advice. I recently got a laptop with office 2007 (at my home desktop and at work I use excel 2003), and trying to use excel with the dreaded ribbon is driving me crazy. I am very comfortable with keyboard shortcuts in 2003 (I have accessibility issues that make it especially important), but 2007 seems ridiculously more complicated. Can anyone suggest any help sites or reference books that would make 2007 a bit more friendly? TIA Jim You really will get to like it Tyr this transition help http://www.microsoft.c...

WDS not returning Office 2007 emails on Windows XP
I Installed Office 2007 Pro Plus (RTM) on Windows XP I installed WDS 3(RTM) as advised. Searching Outlook items worked for a while, then stopped. After rebooting, it worked for a while and then stopped. It has not worked since. I have tried to rebuild indexes, etc. It does find my Outlook Express newsgroup postings from my OE sent items folder. Could it be that it can only parse on Mail application, and is choosing OE instead of Outlook 2007?? -- -- Steven http://www.glimasoutheast.org My "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applicati...

MAC OS Excel 2008 Visual Basic Programming
Hi All I have designed a application in MS Excel 2008 on Windows XP using Visual Basic Application (VBA). Each and every thing is going fine on my side. My client is using MAC OS and MS Office for MAC. When i deployed my application to Client end one serious problem comes arise. The problem is that when my client is opening this project he is getting it into the Design Mode. He is unable to select from drop downs, enter values to text boxes........ Please help me guys. I put my all the efforts. I think now its the time to put your efforts. ...

ANN: MathType 5.1 for Mac Now Shipping
MathType 5.1 for Macintosh is Now Shipping New version supports Microsoft Office 2004 LONG BEACH, Calif. -- July 26, 2004 -- Design Science announced today the release of MathType 5.1 for Macintosh that works with Microsoft Office 2004. MathType is the full-featured, professional version of the Equation Editor in Microsoft Office, AppleWorks and many other products, and is used by math and science educators, research scientists and publishing professionals to include mathematical notation in printed documents and web pages. In addition to providing support for Office 2004, MathType 5.1 is b...

Office 2004, MDI files?
When I installed Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows XP, it installed the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver. I can print to this printer to create documents in the Microsoft Document Imaging Format (*.MDI). In Windows this file format is only readable through the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program installed with Microsoft Office 2003. Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version install the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver like the Windows version? Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version be able ...

XP Office outlook personal folders
Through some technical glitch, i lost all my personal folders months ago - all emails, contacts etc. After some fruitless weeks of revovery efforts, i simply started all over. now, the original set of personal folders, all of them, have reappeared and are fully accessible. i need to know how to merge all the email folders, contacts, etc, but since XP office does not appear to contemplate this possibility, i am unable to find hints on how to merge. Any ideas?? Thanks. ...

office 2010 beta programs very slow to startup
Office 2010 beta Word and Excel spend ages saying they are downloading before they will start up. Office 2003 loads in about a quarter the time. The Office 2007 apps load almost instantly for me. The Splash screen should indicate what is slowing the process. As they start, do you see something such as "Loading <some file name> add-in" in the Splash screen? If so, that's what's causing the delay. Also, for future Office 2010 questions you may want to post in the applicable newsgroup found here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/of...

2.0 Upgrade
Just upgraded my 1.2 version to 2.0. No problems encountered during the upgrade. However, when trying to display my purchase orders none of them is displayed. I selected "Show All" and selected my date range. Nothing is displayed. Going back to my 1.2 system shows the purchase orders for the time period selected. Anybody else ran into this problem? did you upgrade the database in the administrator application to 2.0 as well? "Gerd" <gerd@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:u3XJTa5VHHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Just upgraded my 1.2 version to 2.0. ...

Reports.dic needs to be upgraded
Hello, History: Great Plains server went kaput. Rebuilt. Now, the workstations reports.dic says it needs to be upgraded even though everything has been running on v8.0 for some time. Looked through the KB and archived Google messages and did the following: Imported reports_old.dic (which is really the active reports.dic) and then saved it, and it created a new reports.dic. I copied this reports.dic to the clients and they run okay at startup now. However, users say the Cheque Stub is the old one (how can that be?. When going to print an Invoice under Transactions, Sales, Transaction by...

Out of Office Assistant #5
It was suggested that I post my question here, my appologies if it looks like a cross post. My users make use of the Out of Office Assistant consistently. Lately we have noticed it will only send out of office notices internally and not externally outside of our network. Going through our change-log for the Exchange server, all that has changed in the past few months is some CU's and a Relay rule allowing our Internal IIS server to relay messages through our Exchange server. How can I get the Out of Office Assistant to send to all email, internal and external to our network? thanks i...

Does anyone reccommend CRM for Real Estate offices using Exchange.
I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. CRM does work with Exchange. in fact, Exchange is the only way to send/receive email with the rpoduct. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:19:03 -0800, "Art Luciano" <ArtLuciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. Ar...

MS Office
I'm having problems with MS Office including Outlook. The user is on a Win 2k machine using MS Office 2000. Whenever the machine tries to open word, excel, etc etc a 'Windows Installer' box appears and it is trying to find the installation CD? This keeps appearing over and over again, I have tried to put the CD in the drive. I've tried to reinstall the software but nothing changes. Please help Thank you ...

Form running very slow after upgrade
the Office has been upgraded from Office xp to Office 2007. the Access 2007 performance is very slow after upgraded from Access XP. the database is then upgraded from share file to SQL for faster performance. i still find the Access 2007 with SQL is still slower than Access xp running on access file. The database is just less than 10m size. the performance is much more slower after adding back some codes, like the following code sometimes, i can see the input to the database 1 character by 1 character. could anyone advise me whether my config or code is bad? does Access 2007 need hu...

Office: mac missing box with CD key
I purchased Office:mac a few years ago but since then the box has been lost. I have the original cd, and the product key. When I try to open the software after installation it requests the CD key and no number I enter works. Is there anything I can do to obtain my CD key and use it now? If you have the CD & the Product Key is the the one that came with it you should be able to install. If you're having a problem simply obtaining a new key will most likely not resolve the issue. There must be something more at play, but to determine what you'll need to supply much more specific ...

Transfer Microsoft Office to a new Computer
I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software. If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If not, no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com... >I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer m...

Office 2008 Speed/Issues: Post SP1
We've had SP1 for a bit now, and I was wondering how it's treating everyone. For me, all the apps seem much more stable once they are up and running, but getting them there (i.e., launching them) still seems to take longer than it should: Excel is the fastest, Word is the slowest, with PowerPoint in the middle (don't use Entourage). Relaunching seems to take less time than initial launch, but the speed at which relaunch happens seems to vary greatly for no reason (but faster than pre-SP1). Word (my mainstay) seems to appear on the screen faster than it did, but there is still a la...

Can not open .xls with office 2007
Anytime I receive a .xls file I have to have somone convert it to .xlsx before I can open it. Very odd. Anyone????? Quite odd. Excel 2007 should open files from 2003 and earlier. What exactly occurs when you try to open an *.xls file? Error message or ??? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, jfaletra <jfaletra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anytime I receive a .xls file I have to have somone convert it to .xlsx >before I can open it. > >Very odd. > >Anyone????? ...