Upgrade Office 2004 Student to 2008 Standart

As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the student 2004 to standart 2008.
On the box it says any 2001 to 2004 office suite or application is upgradeable but before I open the box I want to make sure this will work...
I need exchange server thats why I can't upgrade with the 2008 home/student version..

Thanks
0
srkerd (3)

On 3/6/08 1:13 PM, in article ee90031.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote:

> As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the
> student 2004 to standart 2008.
> On the box it says any 2001 to 2004 office suite or application is upgradeable
> but before I open the box I want to make sure this will work...
> I need exchange server thats why I can't upgrade with the 2008 home/student
> version..

Is the included CD an upgrade CD or a full installer? Normally, an upgrade
will look for the same type to upgrade. I'm not familiar with the 2008
upgrade CDs. I know S&T qualified for the promotions. Qualifying and
upgrading are two different things. All depends on what you were shipped.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/7/2008 12:31:02 AM
I have an upgrade CD for 2008 Standart...

Thx
0
srkerd (3)
3/7/2008 1:04:44 AM
On 3/6/08 5:04 PM, in article ee90031.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have an upgrade CD for 2008 Standart...

I would call Microsoft:

Toll free customer service number (888-285-6247)

Customer service hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST.

For email support, please email officemacTG@one.microsoft.upgrade.com and
allow 48 hours for a response.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/7/2008 1:19:10 AM
Thanks Diane, Just so it helps other people,
I have called microsoft and they said that I can upgrade Office 2004 Student version with a Standart 2008 Upgrade version.
I have done that and it works fine...

Thanks for help.
0
srkerd (3)
3/7/2008 5:13:58 AM
On 3/6/08 9:13 PM, in article ee90031.3@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks Diane, Just so it helps other people,
> I have called microsoft and they said that I can upgrade Office 2004 Student
> version with a Standart 2008 Upgrade version.
> I have done that and it works fine...

Thanks for the info.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

Assistants in Office 2004
In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants from the Gallery of assistants. I can't find the other assistants anywhere on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is available. I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred the simple puzzle icon. Is there a way to get any of the other choices back? Thanks in advance. --- Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined, ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM. Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome. That's t...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

CRM 4.0 records reverting to old state; caused by upgrade, rollup?!?
Hi all, A quick timeline before explaining my issue: - We installed CRM 3.0 a couple of years back. We imported old data from ACT! and used a custom drop down field with the value "Migrated from ACT!" to distinguish. - Users have put in a lot of work cleaning up those records, merging when necessary, assigning to right owners... - At some point we installed rollup 1 for 3.0 successfully. - Last year, mid-December, we upgraded to CRM 4.0 (I believe) successfully. - A month later, mid-January, we installed rollup 1 for CRM 4.0. - A few months later, some users were complaining about d...

how to remove beta 2008 for mac
I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that says it wont work and offers to relaunch- in order to ready mac for new 2008 install, is there a way to manually remove 2008 beta? thanks, ordway Yes, there is a way: Contact the beta team directly for this information (we are not allowed to publish it...) On 25/01/08 11:48 AM, in article ee8a618.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ordway@officeformac.com" <ordway@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that > says it wont work and of...

Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac. Since the iMac is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and installed it on my iMac. Everything was working fine until about a week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch). (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print from using any of the apps. I am able to print using other applications (Pages, etc.). Out of frustration I uninstalled Office and tried to re-installed it. I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004. Office 10 works (loads fast but does...

Office:mac 2004 language?
I live in Germany and recently purchased Microsoft Office:mac 2004 Student/Teacher version in German. I am primarily an English-speaker, however, and want to be sure that this German version will allow me to install it in English, and not German. Anyone know, so I can decide whether or not to unwrap it? Hello Heidi, unfortunately, Office is, as far as menus are concerned, monolingual, i.e. if you have bought the German version of Office 2004, all your menus will be in German, too, and there's no way to change them to English, or any other language, for that matter. Since English is yo...

Money 2004 Trial
Does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade to the regular version of Money 2004 from the Trial Version without having to be shipped a CD? is there a download option from the net? Yes, there is. No, it is **not** recommended by most of us who follow the NG. "Darrin" <deeemoneeey@msn.com> wrote in message news:144601c3919a$0d1b7440$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is an option to upgrade to the > regular version of Money 2004 from the Trial Version > without having to be shipped a CD? is there a download > option from the net? Yes there...

Incompatible version Money 2004 error when opening with Money 2005
I installed Money 2005, download the update, then try to use my existing money 2004 file. I have also make my money 2004 repaired. And success with no error in data structure. But the money 2004 still failed to open with 2005. It said incompatible version with Money 2005. Why? I also have tried using salvage as suggested by microsoft help support, but still failed to open with money 2005. Can somebody help my problem? Thank you. You must stay within region when upgrading UK > UK and US > US is OK but you can't do UK > US. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 -- Re...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

what is my server if my computer is vista and office 2003?
my computer is vista home basic with copy right 2007 service pack 2,office 2003 and internet explorer 8. Can I know the followings? 1. What is my server (enable to upgrade server) 2. What is my office 2007 or 2003? 3. Can office 2003 to upgrade to what grade without costs? 1. I doubt very much that you have a server. Are you on a network (home or office)? Why do you think you want to upgrade a server? 2. We have no idea what version of Office you own. You can either look at your receipt or open the program and look in the Help file. 3. Upgrades are not free. -- JoAnn Pa...

Windows Server 2008 Remote Application
Planning on running GP 10.0 on a Windows 2008 server as a Remote Application (not the full RDP client). Testing is going well, with the expection of Default Printer Selection. Dynamics is not successfully selecting the client's redirected Default Printer. This behavior seems fairly random and other applications that have been published as Remote Applications do not have an issue with printer selection. The goal is that Dynamics GP uses the client's re-directed (via TS EasyPrint) default printer. Clients are running XP SP 3.0, .Net 3.5, and RDP 6.1. Anyone experiencing simil...

installing sql server 2008 express or 2010 express
I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me plz? Thanks On Jan 5, 10:55=A0am, "eusclide" <e...@me.it> wrote: > I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me p= lz? > Thanks 1. This is not the appropriate discussion group for SQL Server issues. 2. If you expect any response at all, you need to indicate the exact errors you are getting. More specifics. "eusclide" <eus@me.it> wrote in news:Ouk449hjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,...

Windows 2008
Hello, I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster. We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server. Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question. Can anyone help me? * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks * can you give me some Examples Thaks for your help Franz-Josef Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets. For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use cluster.exe. There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or COM (I can't ...

move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008
Hi I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows server 2003) to a new sql server 2008 on a new windows server 2003 R2 box. What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc. If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be transfered. dbdba -- ontario, canada db There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D3A184-9888-4ABA-9A2F-AF2363302950@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to move/upgra...

Upgrade to Outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000
I have attempted to upgrade to outlook 2002 from Outlook 2000 at least 5 times! (1)Each time I get a message unable to open default email folders. (2) .dll file could not be found (3) Unable to load PSTPRX.dll (4) I have to accept opening default folder or the program will not open. (5) I am unable to open any folder, (inbox, Sent mail, Contacts etc) (6) I can look up the .pst file I need and it is there and will work fine when I reInstall Outlook 2000. (7) Outlook 2003 does not pickup accounts, profile. I see the names of folders Imoved to the outlook bar in Outlook 2000 but they cann...

Office 2004 Demo
Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it were. Thanks, Chris In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>, cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote: > Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? > Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts > about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it > were. ...

Outlook 2003 & Office 2000 together
Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to work with Outlook 2003? D David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 > on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other > programs. One of my users...

Stoopid Office Assistant
I may have asked this one before but cannot find ref. to it. I'm running Office 2003 but Publisher 2000. I asked Pub for help with paginating yesterday...and now I keep getting messages to install at least one office assistant. I CANNOT stand the stupid office assistants and besides I already have one dumb one installed in Office 2003. How, can I kill this popup error? or should I ask this in Office ng? You receive a "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant" error message when you run an Office 2000 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221354/en-us "T...

office 2010 beta-outlook
am trying to sync hotmail and outlook 2010. Tried OutlookConnector 12.1, does not recognize 2010. I set my account using IMAP, can only send but will not recieve or retrieve from live.com -- Chingow! You must use Outlook Connector 14 BETA for Outlook 2010 BETA. It got released as a separate download for the BETA testing. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "DP" ...

Upgrading Win2k to Win2003
Say it's a box with more than 1gb physical RAM, running an Exchange 2003 SP1 mailbox server, my top 3 questions are 1. Does the /3gb switch have to be added 2. What to do about the custom registry entries to SystemPages and heapDecommitfreeblockthreshhold for memory optimization 3. Does ASPNET have to be added I know how to set them up from scratch, but not to transition from one Windows platform to another on the same server. Thanks a bunch for any real world experiences 1. Yes 2. Run Exchange Best Practices Analyzer 3. Yes Obviously you'll be doing this in a maintenance wi...

migrating windows Server 2003 to windows 2008 with Microsoft Dynam
Hi, Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack? Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jorge" wrote: > Hi, > Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows serve...

Word as email editor is unavailable after upgrading the Outlook 20
I have a few computers on my network that the option to use Microsoft office Word 2003 as e-mail editor is unavailable. I need this option available so the company logo can be on the signature. the computers were running an earlier vertion of office I upgraded the outlook to 2003 to work with the SBS 2003 we installed and exchange. I also upgraded Word to 2003 thinking this might fix it. but the option is still greyed out. any suggestions? I'm thinking I need to install office 2003 instead of just word 2003. ...

Remove Office Doesn't Work!
Hi- We have a situation where no Office 2004 programs work -- all generate an error situation. I went through the process of removing selected Preferences files and disabled all fonts and relaunching and still get the error condition. I finally made the decision to use the Remove Office program to start over. When I first tried it, leaving the Remove Office program in its original location in the Microsoft folder, all it would allow me to delete was the preferences files. Then I thought to move it to another location and rerun it. This time, it did let me delete all of the Office program...