upgrade from mac office to pc?

Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
and buy a new PC?

(I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)

0
cshea2 (13)

In article <1191937383.931978.3920@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
 "Charles T. Shay" <cshea2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
> lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
> Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
> and buy a new PC?
>
> (I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
> or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
> cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)

MS doesn't offer a cross-platform license/upgrade, so you'll have to
purchase a new version.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/9/2007 4:26:11 PM
Thanks. That's what I assumed, but I would have felt foolish if I
hadn't asked and was wrong.

Appreciate it.

On Oct 9, 12:26 pm, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote:
> In article <1191937383.931978.3...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Charles T. Shay" <csh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
> > lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
> > Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
> > and buy a new PC?
>
> > (I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
> > or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
> > cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)
>
> MS doesn't offer a cross-platform license/upgrade, so you'll have to
> purchase a new version.

0
cshea2 (13)

Blank E-mail After Upgrade to Outlook 2003
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 and now many of my e-mails (it appears that many are html) are coming across blank. Additionally, many of my messages are being downloaded twice. Any suggestions on how to fix these issues? ...

CRM 1.2 upgrade to CRM 3.0 Worst case scenario
I am trying to upgrade CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 in SBS 2003 but encountered problems: 1. We're having a hard time to resolve the problems mainly because of the CRM 1.2 being saved and in the CompanyWeb container/site. 2. The Default website is also being used by the Company's corporate website. 3. Can't set the Authentication to "Authentication,NTLM" even after following: 215383 How to configure IIS to support both Kerberos and NTLM authentication in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215383. It just doesn't seem to take effect even after IIS rese...

Mac Word 2008: How can I tile a background or watermark?

Outlook will not start
So I try to start outlook and get the hourglass but nothing. Task manager shows nothing, but something MS Office Application Recovery shows it is running - twice! Whatsup with that? Ron Check the processes tab... are there two entries for DW20.EXE? Try starting Outlook in Safe mode -Select Start | Run -Enter outlook.exe /Safe (note the space between ".exe" and "/Safe") -Select OK Does it do the same thing? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook vers...

next office version...when?
Does anyone know if there is going to be a next version of Office soon? Like possibly next year when Longhorn is expected out? Peggy Oh never mind. I found the answer. "Peggy" <No@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23PWWg9OpFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if there is going to be a next version of Office soon? > Like possibly next year when Longhorn is expected out? > Peggy > > http://excel12.blogspot.com/ Biff "Peggy" <No@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23PWWg9OpFHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does anyon...

Office 2003 Pictures not compatible with Office 2008 Mac #2
I'm using MS Office Mac 2008. Rest of company using PC/Windows and MS Office 2003. When I view corp documents (PowerPoint, Word), some of the pictures in the document are formatted incorrectly. I don't know the source of the picture but it is some sort of bitmap image (jpg, gif, bmp). Displays correctly on PC and Office 2003. When I open these files with MS Office Mac 2008, some of these pictures display properly, but many others are zoomed/cropped. Happens with both PowerPoint and Word. I can right click on the picture, and choose "format picture" so Office sees it as...

Works Publisher 2000 to Office Publisher 2003
My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is not recognizing my 2000 files. How do I correct this. Ditto for Works "generic" database to Office Access 2003 You mention Works which makes me wonder if you are thinking that Home Publishing is the same thing as Publisher. It isn't. Could this be the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tutu" <Tutu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4BA0555-0DB4-42F2-B8C2-F0F08F29999A@microsoft.com... > My old computer had the P2000, I now have the 2003. The P2003 is no...

Out of Office Assistant Auto Reply not working
The out of office assistant does not send a note to anyone outside of my network. Using Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server. Auto Reply is sent to anyone that is local on my network but does not send outside. Any suggestions? Automatic replies to the internet are disabled by default in Exchange 5.5 and later. Check wth your Exchange administrator to see if he/she is willing to change this. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:0a6f01c3d3b4$300761b...

strange error message on start up: Office 2004
HI Everybody, I just installed MS Office 2004 on my new iMac. When I open a new word document I get a dialogue box saying: "An unexpected error occurred while trying load Microsoft Framework Library." Is there any way I can get this message to stop? Thanks!! Your installation of Office needs to be updated. Locate the AutoUpdate app that was installed into your Applications folder & run it to download/apply the updates beginning with 11.3.5 on through 11.4.0 - Did you not get a prompt about updating during the installation? -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <gr...

MS Project for Mac
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. However I cannot seem to locate where I found this information or the link, etc. Has anyone else seen this? Does this exist or is the Entourage 2008 version now have "MS Project" type features? Thoughts? On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 12:12:11 -0400, nprefer@officeformac.com wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I saw something recently about MS Project for Mac now if you use Entourage. > However I cannot s...

outlook office 2007 email problem
I am sitting in my hotel room in India and connecting to my email provider in the UK. I can receive email using Outlook Express 6 or Office Outlook 2007 but can only SEND using outlook express. Task 'Christopher Lamb - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.' The settings seem to be identical and this did not happen with Office 2003. As a further, less important point, is there any solution to only having French as the spell checker on OE6 ? What is the complete error massa...

Pocket PC Outlook
How do you change the work week start and finish times? Try microsoft.public.pocketpc Don wrote: > How do you change the work week start and finish times? ...

Has exchange taken most of the resources?? Is it time to upgrade????
Hi everyone, I have an SBS2000 server running SQL2000 and Exchange 2000. For the last 2 weeks after the exchange implementation my server has becomes short on memory. I came back today from a 2 week vacation and got this surprise with a message on the health monitor a warning from Paging file.The % Memory Available is 11MB from 1GB that's too low, why is this happening and what can I do to solve this?? My C drive space is 4.2gb with 38% of free disk space and my E (share Drives) drive is 32 gb. with 56% of disk space. When I go to the System properties in the performance options this is ...

Issues after upgrade to Exchange 2007
After upgrading to Exchange 2007, we are experiencing these issues: 1. E-mails sent from CRM are not routing thru Exchange to the Internet (we use a forwarding e-mail, and all lights are green within the Router Config Manager) 2. Incoming CRM-related e-mails in Outlook are not automatically tagged with the CRM icon Specific to item #1, we are seeing this error: #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox crmadmin@domain.com. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse(...

READ BEFORE INSTALLING OFFICE 2007 B2TR
The B2TR patch has some nasty surprises for users in store. The most important one being that Word 2007 Beta 2 files saved in the new file formats (extensions docx, docm, etc) might not open at all once B2TR has been installed. Excel files in the file formats (extensions xlsx, xlsm, etc) saved in B2 should open in B2TR. PowerPoint files saved in B2 in the new file formats (extensions pptx, pptm, etc) seem to at least open, but seem to have issues with font size, text placement, and other minor issues. Before installing B2TR therefore, you should save all your files in the 97-2003 file f...

Office SP 2 Installation Creates Warning in Outlook
I installed Office SP 2. Now when I create a new message in "Outlook", I receive a warning , "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpercted, it may be a virus and you should choose "No"." I am allowed the option with a check box to allow access for a time period from a drop down list. Buttons are YES, NO and Help. I click No and my Contact list appears. When I click Help, the following is presented: A program is trying to access your Address Book A program is trying to access ...

Hard drive in another PC
My PC is going out and I wonder if the hard drive with the operating system will work in my other computer? The one going out is an HP with 512 RAM and the other is a Compact (older model) with about 200 RAM. -- milkman "milkman2283" <milkman2283@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:147B8F98-092A-4EB9-9D2C-04FC670CAB6D@microsoft.com... > My PC is going out and I wonder if the hard drive with the operating > system > will work in my other computer? The one going out is an HP with 512 RAM > and > the other is a Compact (older model) with about 200 R...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

Changing default language of office X or v.X : a successful case from french to english
I post it because I failed to find this information here. I'm an English user working in France(bad situation). My company provided me French office 2004 for Mac(version 11.0) and license key. My french is really basic level and my english is much better than french, so I wanted to change all the menu bars and options marked in english. I downloaded update files for office2004 from Mactopia. At first, install a FRENCH version of 'Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service pack 1 (11.1.0). And then, install ENGLISH version of 'Microsoft office 2004 for Mac 11.1.1 Update'. It changes...

Problem showing full category list after upgrade from Money 03 to
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to 2007. When I select : Microsoft Money Settings -> Category settings -> Show Full Category List I receive the following error message: Money encountered an error and must cancel this operation. Please try again later. Is there any way to find out more about what is going wrong? ...

Office Upgrade
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am moving from PC to Mac and have for years used Office and have a Pro version of Offce 2007 (PC). Can I purchase an Upgrade copy of Office 2008 for Mac or do I have to start again and buy the full version? Peter R Hawkes Sorry, but there is no "cross-platform" upgrade. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <PeterRHawkes@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b7afb5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I am moving from PC to Mac and hav...

Procedure for upgrade to Office 2004 Professional
I bought Office:Mac v.X Professional in March. I want to get the = Office:Mac=20 2004 Professional upgrade. Should I send in the paperwork now (before = it's=20 released) or wait until it's available to file for my upgrade? I don't think it matters on the paperwork, I'm pretty sure lots of people sent theirs in long ago, so long as you make the ending deadline--but it seems like they won't send you anything until VPC is ready, just note. On 8/12/04 8:57 AM, "Alton" wrote: > I bought Office:Mac v.X Professional in March. I want to get the Office:Mac > 2004...

disable office X formatting palette genie animation
How do you disable the genie type animation that takes place when you show or hide the formatting palette in Word/Excel/Powerpoint v.X? I have done this before, and am looking at a system where it is disabled, but I can't figure out where this option is so that I can control it on another system. ...

PC Charge Processing Very Slow
I am running PC Charge Pro with RMS 1.3 and I have been experiencing very slow processing times when I swipe CC's, I'm talking like 30 seconds each. The internet connection is not the problem. Settling batches is very fast and the ability to browse the 'net is also very fast but for some reason, swipes are taking a very long time. I did some digging in RMS's Administrator and found a possible problem, but I'm getting a little beyond my comfort zone. What I found was, under the EDC tab in Administrator, the software that is selected is not PC Charge, but rather Preferr...

POS
I am trying to upgrade to new hardware. What's the best way to migrate existing database and system releated information to new hardware? I tried to install POS on new hardware and copy databases, but that didn't work. Thanks, Hello Jay, It is not a copy of the database that you have to do but a restore. You actually need to do a backup of your store database from the old workstation and restore it on the new one. You do just as a brand new installation but instead of using the rmsdb.bck file from Microsoft you use your store backup. Hope it helps, "Jay Lee" wro...