upgrade from mac office to pc?

Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
and buy a new PC?

(I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)

0
cshea2 (13)

In article <1191937383.931978.3920@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
 "Charles T. Shay" <cshea2@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
> lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
> Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
> and buy a new PC?
>
> (I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
> or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
> cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)

MS doesn't offer a cross-platform license/upgrade, so you'll have to
purchase a new version.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
10/9/2007 4:26:11 PM
Thanks. That's what I assumed, but I would have felt foolish if I
hadn't asked and was wrong.

Appreciate it.

On Oct 9, 12:26 pm, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimp...@mvps.org> wrote:
> In article <1191937383.931978.3...@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
>  "Charles T. Shay" <csh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Can you upgrade from Office 2004 for Mac to Office 2007 for PC for the
> > lower upgrade price? Or do I have to basically start over and buy
> > Office again for $250 - $300 or whatever it is, if I switch from Mac
> > and buy a new PC?
>
> > (I have Office '04 on my iMac. I'm weighing buying either a new iMac
> > or a new Dell. The cost of buying Office again makes the inferior-but-
> > cheaper Dell almost as expensive as a new Mac, alas.)
>
> MS doesn't offer a cross-platform license/upgrade, so you'll have to
> purchase a new version.

0
cshea2 (13)

Office 2007 SBE OEM
Where can I find Office SBE 2007 OEM with the Media kit? Not the one with out the media kit. Must be purchased from an authorized Microsoft OEM Distributor: http://oem.microsoft.com/script/DistributorPage.aspx David Barnes wrote: > Where can I find Office SBE 2007 OEM with the Media kit? Not the one with > out the media kit. ...

How can I check my office e-mail from home?
I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! This would be a question for your IT department. -Peter "youth minister" <youth minister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD1D090-B3D7-45E1-A0BB-5F828592F8FB@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. > I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! ...

Which Upgrade Do I Need? #2
I thought I posted this an hour ago, but it didn't take. I am trying to help someone upgrade their copy of M/S Office. They are running OS 10.3.6 Their M/S Office Apps all say they are version 10.0.0 When I downloaded what I believed was the correct Updater, version 10.1.6, I got the alert message that Office X 10.1.6 Update cold not locate the correct version of Office on your machine. Please see the requirements on the download page to ensure that you are running the correct Update for your version of Office. On the Macopia page, Office 2001 is for OS 9 and they don't have O...

Office 2010 beta question
I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true? Not true. Word to PDF, yes. PDF to Word, no, unless you count copy/paste, which is imperfect, at best. Herb Tyson MS MVP Author of the Word 2007 Bible Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com Web: http://www.herbtyson.com "redbobo" <redbobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B424063-492A-40E0-99FC-ADE1BDE760F7@microsoft.com... > I heard that the new word has a conversion from PDF to Word is this true? redbobo;614764 Wrote: > I heard that the new word has a c...

CRM for Pocket PC?
Hi all, Does anyone know if there is any software available to run MSCRM for Pocket PC? Thanks. Rob Check out MSCRM feature pack at the microsoft site, it was just released June 1 (i think) , it supports Pocket PC deployment. =) > -----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >Does anyone know if there is any software available to run >MSCRM for Pocket PC? > >Thanks. > >Rob >. > Rob, have you checked out Mobile Portal from Dynamic Methods? It runs on Pocet PC, SmartPhone, RIM and Palm. (http://www.dynamicmethods.net/) MBS will also release a mobile solution...

Exchange 2003 sp2 upgrade
I reciently upgrade my Exchange 2003 server with SP2 and did it by accident when I should have upgraded my Front-end Exchange server first. Now when I try to update the Front_end server it doesnt not take and tells me to check the errorlog. Plus now my Front-end server will allow users to check there mail via the web also. Is there anyone who may help may help me in this matter or advised me on what I should do to fix this problem? thanks Uncheck "Frontend" checkbox on the FE server and try again? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ---------...

office 2003 conflict?
Hey all Our company is currently running exchange 5.5 and recently we started having problems with the Internet Mail and the Information Store services periodically stopping (okay, it's more than periodically). This seems to have started happening once we began to install Office 2003 on all new machines for new users, may be a coincidence, maybe not I noticed an article on CNET about Office 2003 causing problems, but couldn't really find anything on the Microsoft website. Does anybody have any ideas or ways to possibly fix this Thanks in advance! Hi Gary, Maybe this article apply...

Office programs not saving files intermittently
I just upgraded to Office 2007 a few months ago, and since then have noticed that any changes I make to existing files aren't saved properly. Specifically - at random times after making changes and saving, the program shows the file is saved but when I open the file it has the previous time stamp and none of the recent updates. This happened yesterday in ppt, but it has happened in Word and Excel too. This happens maybe 10% of the time, but I can't possibly check my hard drive every time to make sure my changes save as I work in multiple files at a time constantly. No...

Re: out of office assistant
Unable to activate out of office assistant in outlook 2002. in spite of selecting the add- in functionality it does not appear on the tools menu. Also unable to activate the blind copy field as a default pop up on every email. ...

Upgrading to Leopard, but saving Office 2008 that's already on my disc?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I was fortunate enough to get Office 2008 for around only 20 bucks from my University but the way they did it was they only had one install CD and many licenses (I think)so I did not actually get my own CD. I now want to upgrade to Leopard but want to do a full clean and sweep of my disc before loading the new version of OS X instead of just doing an Upgrade (or that other option: Archive?) just so I don't mess up my system stability. Is it possible to just drag the application folder for Office onto an external an...

I lost the key numbers to my Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business
I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Is there any way of retrieving the numbers or openning the program without the key numbers. I have the program on the computer but unable to open it On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:12:03 +0100, mike wrote (in article <CA51CD7F-0F06-4E66-9DA8-7706546C6F2A@microsoft.com>): > I lost the disk cover that the Microsoft Office 2000 Small Business program > disk that contained the key numbers needed to open the program. Did you? That was bloody ...

Exchange 5.5 -> 2000 Upgrade
We currently have 3 domains (3 forests). One domain with 3 sites (corp), and 2 smaller domains which we trust. We currently have Exchange 5.5 to provide all messaging needs. All domains are Windows 2000 (mixed mode). Am I correct in thinking the 2 domains need to be in the same forest (corp) or can we still have (like we do now) Mailbox: Mike (User: corp\mike) and Mailbox: Jason (User: domain1\jason). domain1 being the domain in the trust. domain1<--trust--->corp<--trust--->domain2 Thanks, Mike Smith All Exchange 200x mailboxes must have a user account in the same forest. How...

from IP-to-Country Database to Office 2004
A friend in CA told me to download IP-to-Country Database; but after downloading, I could not open it on my OSX Imac because of what Apple Tech Support said was a non-supportable csv file. But, the Apple gal added, that possibly Microsoft Entourage might solve the problem, but she was not sure. So I downloaded Office 2004 11.3.5 and 11.3.6 update; but found none of these major downloads opened either. And when I tried to open Office from Application, I got an exclamation message indicating: The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See ...

Can't launch Office X 10.1.4 Updater
Updated Office X to 10.1.3 and just tried to launch the Office X 10.1.4 Updater by double-clicking on it and got this message: Application Launch Failure The application "InstallerVISE" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "C<BaseInstallerCarbon><BaseInstallerCarbon><CarbonLib><GetSysNont>" Any idea how I fix this? Reinstall Office and then the cycle through the updates? G4 450MP, OS X 10.2.6, Office X 10.1.3. TIA On 9/5/03 9:41 AM, in article e068ce62.0309041641.168cea9e@posting.google.com, "balatwo" <baltwo@san...

digital certificates in Word Office 2008 for Mac
Dear Sir: My question is about digital certificates in Office 2008 for Mac. Is possible sign a Office for Mac document whit a digital certificate ? Digitally signing a document has many benefits. A digital signature on a file is an electronic, cryptographic-based, secure stamp of authentication. When you add a digital signature to a document, you are supplying a verifiable signature that can vouch for the authenticity and integrity of the file. The certificate used to create this signature identifies the signer. Readers of your document can be assured of the document creator's iden...

How do I read a .dat file on my PC?
I received a .dat file and I need to access it urgently. Is it possible to access this in Microsoft Office? Not with Office. Problem is that a .dat file can be created by a number of applications, each one creating it in a different and incompatible format. You need to ask the sender of the file what was the app that created it. -TedMi "KirstenLord" <KirstenLord@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58012148-83B6-4582-BCD7-08F9F5A5C73F@microsoft.com... >I received a .dat file and I need to access it urgently. Is it possible to > access this in M...

Is there a textbox that will work for Excel Mac?
I'm looking for a textbox that will work for the mac excel. Let me know if anyone knows. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Anyone? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by...

Preparing to Erase and Reinstal OSX, concerned about reinstalling Office X
I am backing up files in preparation for an erase and reinstall of OSX, and I realized that Office only lets you instal it so many times. This is the second computer I have used it one, so if I instal it again in a few days, I will be unable to put it on my next computer which I plan on buying in a month or so. How can I get around this? I mean, I bought it for like $150, and basically I will be unable to use it after this. That seems pretty dumb... Anyone get what I'm talking about? Any solutions? Thanks, Sean In article <1106966503.102700.86140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...

How to rip a DVD on Windows/mac with DVD Ripper and Mac DVD Ripper
Do you want to rip your DVD to play it on your portable players? such as iPhone/ipod, PS= P,Zune,Sansa, Archos, Windows Movie Maker, etc This guide will show you how to rip and edit your DVD to all other video and audio format= s for all the portable players. = It includes two parts. Part 1:how to rip DVD to MP4, AVI, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPG, RM, 3GP, etc by using Aiseeso= ft DVD Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/as-dvd-ripper.html)(For Windows) Part 2: how to rip DVD to popular video and audio formats on Mac with Wondershare Mac DV= D Ripper(http://www.5idownload.com/wond-dvd-rippe...

Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac
Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? On Jan 20, 9:41 am, curtp...@officeformac.com wrote: > Can I simply delete my old copy of Office X by dragging its folder in the Applications directory to the trash after installing the new 2008 version? Any other files elsewhere that need to be trashed? Have you already installed Office 2008? It should find Office X and offer to remove it for you. Otherwise for the most part, you should be...

Bullet Indent Office 2007 from Office 2003
Had a document saved on a flash drive in 2003 (XP).Trying to add to this but now running Windows 7 and Office 2007, however, when I use a bullet point, it is at a different position to the previous bullets.Even clikcing on 'reduce indent' it moves closer to the postion, but still not aligned properly. Is there any way of correcting this or can I change the whole document? ...

Remote Desktop in Microsoft Office 2004 folder
I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design and use a Apple G4 Laptop running OS X 10.4. While I was looking through some folders recently I noticed a folder called "Remote Desktop" buried in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder. Has anyone ever seen this folder when they installed Office unto their system? I checked it out on the web and it seems Remote Desktop is made by Apple as a way to manage computers linked on a server. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. College Professor wrote: > I work at a community college in Canada. I teach Graphic Design ...

3/4 In Dr SAE Impact Hex Driver Set
Price:$93.64 Image: http://discountadvisor.info/image.php?id=B000SOSEYC Best deal: http://discountadvisor.info/index.php?id=B000SOSEYC 3/4" Drive SAE Impact Hex Driver Set - 5-Pc Forged from the toughest steel, chrome molybdenum alloy. Blow molded case for storage. Lifetime warranty. Includes Sizes: 3/4", 7/8", 1", 1-1/8" and 1-1/4". ...

Upgrade to Publisher 2002 will not open files in Publisher 98 Ve.
Have important files (in Publisher 98) going back several years that I need to access. My recent upgrade to Publisher 2002 will not allow me to open those files. Message comes up "Publisher cannot open file". Cannot do "save as" because file will not open at all! Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc., disable "Office Plug-ins." If you have any other anti-virus software, disable it while you try to open the Publisher files. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

No Office 2004 applications will run
So far I have not had any luck solving this problem and Microsoft wasn't sure of a fix. If I log in under any pre-existing account (other than root), no Office applications will run. When I try to start Entourage or PowerPoint I get the following error message: Application Launch Failure The application "Entourage" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<Microsoft Entourage><><><>" Word and Excel start but when I try to work on a document the application quits and that error comes up. I have run the Remove Office program o...