Upgrade from 2004 Student & Teacher Edition to 2008 Professional Special Media Edition

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

Hi,

I am currently using MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition and would like to upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition.

I wonder if i am qualify to purchase the upgrade edition?
0
mlok (2)

Yes: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/shop-now.mspx

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/8/09 4:03 AM, in article 59b73fa8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mlok@officeformac.com" <mlok@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Processor: Intel
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition and would like
> to upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition.
>
> I wonder if i am qualify to purchase the upgrade edition?

On 5/8/09 4:03 AM, in article 59b73fa8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mlok@officeformac.com" <mlok@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Processor: Intel
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition and would like
> to upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition.
>
> I wonder if i am qualify to purchase the upgrade edition?
I think you will find that the student & teacher version is not upgradeable.
You will have to buy a new copy. If you still qualify for the home and
student version, and don't need Entourage's Exchange features, you can
probably find a new copy at less than the upgrade cost.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
5/8/2009 11:24:21 AM
On 5/8/09 4:03 AM, in article 59b73fa8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mlok@officeformac.com" <mlok@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Processor: Intel
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using MS Office 2004 Student & Teacher Edition and would like
> to upgrade to Office 2008 Special Media Edition.
>
> I wonder if i am qualify to purchase the upgrade edition?
OOPS, my bad, I did not see Cybertaz's response, and did not check the web
site. It appears that you are indeed eligible for an upgrade.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)
5/8/2009 11:26:15 AM
On 5/8/09 4:26 AM,  "Bob Greenblatt" <bob@nospam.com> wrote:

> OOPS, my bad, I did not see Cybertaz's response, and did not check the web
> site. It appears that you are indeed eligible for an upgrade.

Again, consider if you need Exchange or not. The Home & Student version is
$110.49.

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

--
Diane

Hi Guys,

Thanks for writing in, i am glad to hear from all of you.

I might just go for the version with Entourage since i have got use to it.

Really thank you all for writing in.

Cheers
0
mlok (2)

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Vlookup edited
Hello all you wonderfulhelp, Is it possible to avoid "NA" when using "vlookup" function. I need info only where it brings results. Thank you -- smile =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B1,C1:D4,2)),"",VLOOKUP(B1,C1:D4,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200851 Example of using ISNA rather than ISERROR which hides all errors. =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(G1,$A$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP(G1,$A$1:$F$31,2,FALSE)) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 7 May 2009 09:26:02 -0700, israel <israel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all you wonderfulhelp, > >...

SBS 2008 migration
I have started a migration from sbs 2003 to sbs 2008 premium. I have done the basic load (everything up to starting the migration wizards on the new server) so far and had one installation issue. The issue was that I could not download updates. When I try to run the CTIW it errors. Says that it cannot connect to the internet. It cannot grab my router and make any changes (old router, not upnp). However, my router is working fine with the 2003 server. So, basically, no one on my network can connect to the internet and/or the old exchange server. The new server cannot con...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

WordPerfect on Microsoft Professional xp crash
11/04 I've been working on a large wordperfect document 125 pages,containing Outlines and Tables (word tables. It has crashed repeatedly today. I can't save it, print it, email it to someone else. I've tried splitting it in half and it still happens. Sometimes it just freezes. At other times the COrel Application Recovery Manager (CARM) comes on. At the screen which reads Application Recovery Manager Wizard, under available actions. Backup my documents and continue working on the application are both greyed. The note says If either option is unavailable due to the seve...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

How do I allow or disallow editing
I have a form (in MS Access 2007)that is used an an input form for updating linked tables. I want to change the property of some text boxes on the form to be editable based on the contents of another field. For example; if a field contains a date (delivery date)in it, I want to no longer allow the user to change the EquipmentName or EquipmentQuantity fields. I want the the field to still be displayed but no longer capable of being edited. Is there an easy way to do this? I prefer to do this without writing VB code, but I can if that is the best way. Thanks! In the current e...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

Is it OK to assign permissions to a group during ForestPrep of an E2K3 upgrade?
Hello, We're about to start an upgrade from E2K to E2K3. During the E2K3 ForestPrep, we want to select a newly-created group to assign Exchange full admin permissions to instead of an individual user; however, during our previous E2K ForestPrep a few years ago, we only selected an individual user. Could there be any conflicts in now giving Exchange admin permissions to a new group instead of the same individual user as before? Sorry if it appears to be a silly question but I'm paranoid. Thanks, - Alan. On 27 Oct 2006 05:35:52 -0700, "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wro...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

Event ID 9554
Hello, I"m getting the following error: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/11/2005 Time: 1:33:15 PM User: N/A Computer: !@#$!# Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 3b5b90b3-9fcd-4540-9858-d13d6498e9e1. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 3b 5b 90 b3 - 9fcd - 4540 -9858 - d13d6498e9e1 \b3\90\5b\3b\cd\9f\40\45\98\58\d1\3d\64\98\e9\e1 (msE...

Upgrade CRM 1.2 And Custom
Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several customization? I would like to know how CRM was after upgrade, and if you had any problem with custom? Regards, Sylvie Mondoux We had customizations and we had to change the isv.config and web.config file because those are replaced during the upgrade. Everything else was left in place in our case. "Sylvie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b7be01c43787$140ceac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Did somebody upgrade CRM 1.0 to 1.2 with several > customization? I would like to know how CRM was after > ...

M04 user looses auto update, prompted to upgrade to M07.
Well it happened. They stopped updating our quotes and transactions automatically as of 11/18/06, noting the number of excess days (over 100) since our 3-years of auto updating expired. I was curious to find out if (1) we could continue to manually update securities prices--YES. And (2) if we would be able to manually download statements and/or transactions from institutions providing that function--YES. So we are still in business, if not as conveniently. When we run Money Updates, it seems to indicate that Money proper's updating function is still doing something (at least ch...

OT...Free Trial...Digital Image Starter Edition 2006...OT
Announcing the availability of the Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006. This is a fully functional, downloadable trial version with all the bells and whistles of MS Digital Image Suite 2006. The program will revert to very limited functionality after the 60 day trial period. Microsoft Digital Image Starter Edition 2006 http://tinyurl.com/8x6ea Be aware that it's a 109 MB download.... BTW, this program includes Photo Story 3.1 and it has the capability to create VCDs. -- John Inzer Guess a dial-up connection might take a while, huh? ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Micr...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...

In-Cell Editing
When In-Cell Editing is turned off in a table view the last row of the table is selected. I have my contacts table sorted by Full Name/Ascending and the last contact in the table is selected!? Is this a normal behavior for Outlook or am I missing something? I would like the first row to be selected. I posted a similar question 2 days ago and it appears everyone is avoiding the post like a plague. Any help will be appreciated James Yes, this appears to be the normal behavior after each start of Outlook 2003. However, once I select a record (first, last, or somewhere in the middle), leave...

2008 group MIA?
I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a message I posted to it asking for confirmation has not appeared... (I.e. message headers, when opened, result in entirely unrelated messages appearing.) No other problems with other groups in the same client and mailstore. I just made a new test post to see if shows up.. In the mean time are you having an SBS problem or just wanting raise the alert of possible problems with sbs2008? Bill Sanderson wrote: > I'm seeing what looks like corruption in the SBS 2008 group, and a > message I posted ...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...