Upgading Office -- will I get VPC 7?

Hello all-

I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was
planning to get VPC 7 w/Windows XP.  However, I notice that for only
$60 more I can get Office 2004 for Mac Professional Upgrade, which
include VPC 7.  If I buy this upgrade, will I be able to use VPC 7 even
if I don't already have an earlier version of VPC?

Thanks in advance,
jf

In article <1129607198.334577.174130@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 google@jfruh.com wrote:

> Hello all-
>
> I currently have Office v.X for the Mac; I don't have Virtual PC. I was
> planning to get VPC 7 w/Windows XP.  However, I notice that for only
> $60 more I can get Office 2004 for Mac Professional Upgrade, which
> include VPC 7.  If I buy this upgrade, will I be able to use VPC 7 even
> if I don't already have an earlier version of VPC?

Yes. See

    http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=upgrade
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

any problems getting msnhotmail messages through outlooK?
I'm going away and want an out of office feature. I'm thinking of setting myself up through outlook but have msn hotmail. Are there any problems with doing this? Sandy Hirsch If you're a new hotmail 'customer' you wont be able to get your messages with Outlook. If you've had a hotmail account for at least a few months you should be able to get all your email with outlook. Its real simple, even easier than setting up a regular account. -James "Schwartz" <Schwartz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B7EA122-7661-4350-8709-0376C1885EAC...

where do I get a supscription?
I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Ask your local pharmacist http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "need help" <need help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E174AC64-45B6-43FC-BF51-889821AA4B75@microsoft.com... >I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Surely that a perscription? "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBKGdZDkHHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... Ask ...

latest version of ms office for mac?
This is a repost as the last one got lost: I'm trying to find out what is the latest version of ms office for mac (OS X v 10.3.5). Anyone? TIA In article <e7dd3a52.0410060104.35b39f43@posting.google.com>, captainwow@hotmail.com (C.Wow) wrote: > This is a repost as the last one got lost: I'm trying to find out what > is the latest version of ms office for mac (OS X v 10.3.5). Anyone? Office 2004 ...

Outbox messages get stuck with Scansoft PDF Converter Addin
If your Outbox is acting funny and changing messages from waiting to be sent (Italic Bold) to draft status (Normal Bold) and you have Scansofts PDF Converter Addin installed, you need to disable the Addin. This is from the Scansoft KB: Problem: When sending messages to Microsoft Outlook Outbox in off-line mode, the message is converted to a draft instead of a sendable message. Cause: The PDF Converter Com add-in for Microsoft Outlook XP causes messages in Microsoft Outlook Outbox (off-line mode) to convert from sendable messages to draft messages that cannot be sent when Outlook ...

how could we create an e-mail account in Microsoft office outlook?
while using office outlook i am unable to send and receive e-mail because of the email account so want to know the procedures to open an e_mail account in MICROSOFT OFFICE OUTLOOK. Thanks You must have the information given to you by your ISP. Since you didn't state your version, you must open your Outlook program, then press the F1 key (it hasn't broken anything yet!) and search on "email accounts." Follow the instructions. "Dron Giri" <Dron Giri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F298D057-740C-4BB3-9C64-62146B90046D@microsoft.com... ...

Office 2007 Desktop all in one icon
how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? "Alice" <sweetalice79@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:BE9EE1A2-E398-496E-9CA5-F10E1946791E@microsoft.com... > > how do i restore the msofice task manger thet opend all the msoffice programs??? you cant it isnt in msofice 2007 so theres nothing to restore http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822573 i thaught ther was a icon that u cold click and open any the programs. i know how to find out im gona uninstall and reinstall it. ill let u know how it goes alice ...

how do i get missing rows back
My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline in between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? Hi Select from rows 36:59>right click>Unhide -- Regards Roger Govier "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EDE73AB-87DB-43DB-B9DB-E7E82C7D39D9@microsoft.com... > My excel worksheet is missing rows 37-58. There is a heavy gray gridline > in > between rows 36 & 59. Where did they go? How do I get them back? "dkresch" <dkresch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Investment Transactions Report Will Not Show Anything
I use Money2005. When I view the report "Investment Transactions" it does not show any transactions at all! No matter what I choose the report is always blank. All the other investment reports work. Any suggestions Scott In microsoft.public.money, Scott Thomson wrote: >I use Money2005. When I view the report "Investment Transactions" it does >not show any transactions at all! No matter what I choose the report is >always blank. All the other investment reports work. > >Any suggestions I see Performance by Investment Type and Performance by Investme...

Windows 7 64 bit and shortcuts problem
Sometimes when I install a program, I try to make a desktop shortcut, but it wont appear on the desktop. I try to create one myself, but when I drag it to the desktop it seems to go into never, never land. What could cause this? Tony Tony, Please describe exactly what happens when you drag the exe file to the desktop so that we can think of a creative answer. I assume you are "right" dragging the exe to the desktop and choosing "create shortcut", right? What happens then? :) Carlos "Anthony Lisanti" wrote: > > > Some...

Thai support in Office 2004

Rows to repeat getting cut off on 2nd page
I set rows 1-3 to repeat on all pages, but on the second page, it is getting cut off a few columns in.any suggestions? thanks! ...

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components´┐Ż documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Office Outlook 2003 won't work!
I have tried every help program I could find and followed each step and still get this message when trying to send or receive email...."The operation failed. An object could not be found." That's it, then I click ok and its gone, try to send again and the same message comes back up. Its configured to my ISP comcast, I tried everything, any ideas anyone? Have you searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base for that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the ...

Can't get to resource description info
We recently moved to a Citrix environment and seemed to have lost acces to the Resource Description utility. I can launch it and see the choices for tables, fields, and windows, but when I pick one the trouble begins. If I pick tables, I get an error message saying: An open operation on table olfd_files failed because the path does not exist When I click ok, I get another dialogue message: Scrolling window link table not on form Next I get what looks like a VB error: Unhandled form exception: Form load failed EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MEMORY SCRIPT_CMD_OPENFR If I try to get to field d...

Deleting a large email that will not send
Hi, I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it, only to bounce up against the limitation, and then kicks back an error. Then, a few minutes later, it tries again -- and the same thing happens. I want to find this unsent email to delete it and stop the madness, but am having no luck. Any ideas? thanks jeff On 3/25/10 2:04 PM, jeffo wrote: > I tried to email a 50MB+ audio file with Gmail via Entourage for Mac > 2008, not realizing the size limitations. Entourage tries to send it...

how many email addresses will outlook 2003 hold?
I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will Outlook 2003 hold?? Assuming you mean Contacts, they are part of the data file, which assumming a unicode format has a theoretical unlimited file size. In any case I assume you backup, otherwise your Q has no basis "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90AEB1B6-7961-4F96-91E2-E237057FC2E9@microsoft.com... >I can't take a chance on losing ANY of my email addresses....How many will > Outlook 2003 hold?? ...

Changing ISP / email address
My friend is about to change ISP and get a new email address. He doesn't use webmail only Outlook. He has many folders containing emails he wants to keep, and also all his contacts. Can someone please tell me, if he changes email address will all the folder contents and contact details remain in Outlook? Are they on his hardrive or not? Thanks! Outlook data is stored locally. If he uses the same data file all his information will be there. -- Russ Valentine "Alfa Mum" <Alfa Mum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54C0F148-C087-4A8A-A25C-A...

[ANN] Office 11.5 and 12.1.1
Hi All, The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> They are not yet available through auto-update, but they'll probably be in a few days. The respective release notes for these updates are on <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953824> and <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953822> The Office 12.1.1 udpate for Office 2008 fixes the double-click issue apparently. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.suppor...

get CPU usage (like in task manager) and FreePhysicalMemory
Hi, I've no experience in csharp and i search for scripts over the net for find the current cpu usage like in task manager (for all processors ) when i run it and another script that show the current Free Physical Memory. THX you can use wmi... for example Win32_OperatingSystem offers some useful information: using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Linq; using System.Text; using System.Management; namespace memory { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { var query = new ObjectQuery("SELE...

Getting ASSERT on one machine but NOT the other
I have VS2k5 (MFC, C++) installed on two computers. I have a project checked into version control (StarTeam). I checked it out and compiled it in "debug build" on two PC's. On one PC it exits just fine when I click the 'X' on the banner bar. However, on the other PC, I am getting an ASSERT in: BOOL PASCAL CWnd::WalkPreTranslateTree(HWND hWndStop, MSG* pMsg) at: ASSERT(hWndStop == NULL || ::IsWindow(hWndStop)); Any idea why it behaves differently on two machines? Jim Well, this suggests that the window is NULL or invalid. So, without knowing what window is involv...

program will not close
When I close money, either using the X or file close, the program appears to close but gives an error 'unable to close, then appears to close.. However, if I try to open again, I get a message that Money is already running, though Task Manager shows it isn't. ??? In microsoft.public.money, Bob wrote: >When I close money, either using the X or file close, the program appears to >close but gives an error 'unable to close, then appears to close.. However, >if I try to open again, I get a message that Money is already running, though >Task Manager shows it isn'...