Update problems with Office 2001 on OSX Panther

I have updated MS Office 2001 on my machine twice. Both times Word
does not open after the upgrade, it unexpectedly quits. All other
Office applicatins work fine.

How can I fix this problem, or go backward to the unupdated version of
Word without effecting all the other applications. When you load Word
again, you drop and drag all the files for everything. How do I
replace only the files for Word?
0
hkerker (1)

In article <52b5891b.0402171734.328b7041@posting.google.com>,
 hkerker@earthlink.net (Harry) wrote:

> I have updated MS Office 2001 on my machine twice. Both times Word
> does not open after the upgrade, it unexpectedly quits. All other
> Office applicatins work fine.
>
> How can I fix this problem, or go backward to the unupdated version of
> Word without effecting all the other applications. When you load Word
> again, you drop and drag all the files for everything. How do I
> replace only the files for Word?

When it quits, what is the error type?

Have you allocated enough memory to Word? Using File/Get Info/Memory,
I'd give Word at least 48MB of "preferred" memory if you have enough
available. Leave the "minimum" setting as it comes - something less than
10MB IIRC.

Have you rebuilt your desktop (restarting the machine, holding down the
OPT and CMD keys until you're prompted to rebuild your desktop)?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Publisher2002 layout problem
I am making a 4 page flyer.. 11X17 foled in half to make a standard 8.5X11. How do I get page 2 and 3 to be a poster with no margins?? i have tried to reset the guides but when I print the margin is still there?? This is the limitation of your printer. Look at your printer's documentation. Unless your printer supports full bleed, you will have a margin. Your largest margin will be on the right in landscape mode. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cumberlandfamily" <cumberlandfamily@discussions.micro...

Sorting problem #5
I've got 3 columns I want to sort based on the middle column, something I've done many times. When I try to sort on this particular spreadsheet, I get an error message I've never seen: "This operation requires merged cells to be identically sized." I don't have any merged cells. I tried copying these columns to a new spreadsheet, got same error message. I'm using an iMac, os X, and Excel (for the Mac) 2004, v. 11.3.7. Thoughts, anyone? Ed Highlight all the cells in the sort range and Format | Cells | Alignment tab and ensure that Merge Cells is completely em...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

[ANN] Office for Mac 2008 prices announced
Microsoft has released prices and packages for Office 2008 for Mac scheduled for release in January 2008. In addition, Microsoft announced a "technology guarantee program," As of September 25, for anyone who purchases Office 2004 for Mac between now and March 15 will get an upgrade to the 2008 equivalent for the cost of shipping and handling when the final version ships. <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2007/09/prices_for_office_for_mac_2008_annou nced.html> -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org...

Update Query with Parameter
I have an Update Query that asks for 3 fields with parameters. The first parameter [ID] is the criteria in the query to identify which record we are updating. The second and third parameters (city and state) are sending the new information to the table. However, sometimes I only have a city that needs to be updated where the state needs to stay the same as what is already in the table. If I don't fill in the 3rd parameter, the state is deleted from the table. How do I get around this without having to type the state in when the parameter prompts me? Thanks in advance....

Update
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Office Outlook and Outlook Express
Good Morning I am attempting to use 2007 Office Outlook and Outlook Express is also installed. Somehow emu's were coming thru Express to Office. My provider (Windstream) had me make a correction in Office to by pass Express. This AM Office is NOT working saying personal folder wasn't closed properly, also 2 messages in Inbox of Office you can't delete stating another file has it open and ref's Outlook.pst. Alsonow Expresse is overflowing with emu's and Windstream is advising that my box is filled at the server. Called Windstream to no avail!!! Twice I talked w...

Where is create new office document command in Office 2007?
We recently migrated to 2007 from 2003 and I cannot find the commands to "create new office document" or "open existing office document" from the taskbar/start menu. Does anyone have any idea where these commands are or how I can add them to my taskbar? Thank you! I have XP Pro and Office 2007. If I select "All Programs", it appears at the top of the list. If you do as well, you can right-click and select Pin to Start Menu. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

Simple problem importing a file using a macro
Hello Everyone, I am very new to Excel programming, but I have written a few simple macros before. However, I have never really worked with loading information out of a file and then saving it back. I have a series of text files which contain data that I want to import. I ran the macro recorder to import one file that I wanted where I wanted it, but I am now trying to automate the process. All the files end in .PRN. I write the name of the file that I want in the "A" row of an Excel spreadsheet, minus the ".PRN". The files are always on a floppy disk in the &...

Attachment problem #5
Hi, I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the attachment. They still can get any other attachment though. Any ideas why? Thanks "Shammu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:298e01c3e108$931a53f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > I'm trying to send e- business attachment from Outlook > 2000 to Outlook Express, they get the email but not the > attachment. They still can get any other attachment > though. Any ideas why? > > Thanks It's highly likely you are...

automatically update data validation selections
I've restricted user enter for certain cells to a named range. Fo example, the named range includes: Apples, Oranges, Bananas. Let's say a user selects "Apples". Then, the list is updated so tha "Apples" becomes "Green Apples". I want what the user selecte ("Apples") to now automatically reflect "Green Apples". I canno figure out how to accomplish this without using a combo box - but really don't want to use a combo box - just keep the user entry area a cells. Any suggestions with no code or a minimum of code are much appr...

Office 2011
Hi, I have read multiple posts about the issue Entourage has sometimes with deleting Exchange mail yet it can be viewed in OWA. I have that issue with the beta version of Outlook still.....it is such a brilliant application but now have this issue. I am connecting to Exchange 2010 but have run Entourage EWS against it and it worked perfectly. I am sure this is not a Beta a issue because this is an issue in 'old' Entourage and others are using the Beta perfectly. Any suggestions? Thanks On 27/04/2010 13:39, iFoggy wrote: > I am sure this is not a Beta a issue...

OPOS Problem to read codes Magellan 8100
Hi I'm trying to configure a Scanner Magellan 8100 on IBM SurePOS 700. I have install OPOS Version 1.96 and Tested the scanner from OPOS and this have comunication with the IBM SurePOS 700 I did correctly the configuration for the barcodes I download for the Magellan websites www.datalogic.com the manual to configure this scanner to read theses codes UPC/EAN and Codes 39 and 128. But when I finished setting up. This not read the Codes 38 and 128. this just read the UPC/EAN. every time when I restart the POS SurePOS 700 it's looks like the OPOS is resetting the setting of the scanner ...

Out Of Office #6
We have Exchange 2003 and Outlook XP. Is there a way to set the Out Of Office Assistant, and have it kept on, even when you check email through Outlook Web Access (The Outlook XP Client will remain at work). Thanks! -Blake Once the OOOA has been configured, it will continue running until you turn it off, even if you are checking your email. When the user opens their maibox, they should be prompted as to whether they want to keep their OOOA or not. "Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387501c4a628$5fca90b0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We have ...

Repost
Using VBA does anyone know how to retrieve the latest Forefront updates date? -- Steve ...

Money 2003's Internet Updates corrupt causes shares transaction
Since Monday (20 Aug 2007), when I do a Internet Updates, my shares transaction records appear to get corrupted. I observed that this seems to happen to shares with a "split". I never have this problem all these years until now. I would appreciate if someone can help. -- Sitt Sen This is the same problem that I am enquring about, and it started on the same date. I do not think that it is corruption. I saw somewhere that it has something to do with "Tickers" having dots or no dots.... But I can't seem to find much more info, yet. "sittsen" wrote: ...

Problems copying from PDF file
When I copy an object from an Adobe Reader file and paste it into a Publisher file, I have two problems: object loses its sharpness and when I print it out, it prints out in a solid black block. What am I doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you. What happens if you copy and paste into an editing program and save and then insert into Publisher. What happens if you select "paste special" and designate a specific format? What is the resolution of the picture? Where did you get the PDF? Do you have an URL? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http...

problem with SetTimer()
Hi All, I've a problem with SetTimer function. I've wrote this code: class myClass { void CALLBACK TimerProc( HWND hWnd, // handle of CWnd that called SetTimer UINT nMsg, // WM_TIMER UINT nIDEvent // timer identification DWORD dwTime // system time ){ //some code.... } myClass() { SetTimer (1, 1000, (TIMERPROC) TimerProc); } } the compiler returns a conversion error for 3th parameter of SetTimer (TimerProc) help me, what's wrong ?? System info: - Visual Studio 7.0 - Windows XP SP2 Make TimerProc() static. class myClass { static...

DST update
Hi, we have updated all servers and exchange servers with updates 926666 and 930241 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930241) Since all servers are ok except for the main cluster we use. It has two Mailboxe stores, one is mounting ok and the second one not. When i try to mount it manually i receive that error: You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the Information Store. ID no: c1041723 Of course i use a domain admin account enabled that has never had issues before mounting stores. The very strange thing is that it is possible for mailboxes contained in that m...

bcc problem
I have a Mac (snow leapord) with entourage 08 and when I change the "from" address, I can't send to anybody using bcc. If I leave the from address as me, and put in a destination address via bcc, it works fine. If I put an email address in the To: field and one in the bcc field, and change the from address- the email goes through to the To recipient, but not the bcc recipient. If I open the sent message in the sent folder, I can see the bcc address. Summary: I can't send any email bcc if the "from" address is changed. Anyone seen this? Goes throu...

I lost all of microsoft office when my computer got the "Blue Scre
My laptop was running XP when something happened and the blue screen of death popped up and I had to reinstall xp. I got this computer as a christmas present one year, and it came loaded with Microsoft Office... but i'm not sure if it was office XP or 2003. I don't have the software disc that it came on to reinstall it... Does anybody know how to get it back? The person who gave you the laptop should have the programs = it is required to supply the software CDs for all installed programs when selling a computer. Ask them for the disks. -- Milly Staples [MVP - O...

Office 2003 Publisher
I designed a web page with frontpage several years ago. I would like to use office publisher 2003 to edit it now. How do I do this? When I try looking at page at a time the text is in lines instead of under the picture it should be. Help! Thanks for your time and help Are you working with the .pub files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "mike r." <miker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DD378A3-6353-41DB-8926-B50D99AA03C9@microsoft.com... >I designed a web page with fron...

OWA
When my OWA clients go to reply to an email....the new reply window opens but can not type a reply..instead there is a box with a red "X" like there is a picture missing. Basic login works just fine....seems this problem is only with the Premium client Any ideas? THanks Steve [Exchange 2003/Win 2000] Check the Windows XP installation if the is in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit\ a triedit.dll and if they registred. After you do this i think your problem is solved. br Michael Formann "Steve-O" wrote: > When my OWA clients go to reply ...

Problem with Acresso Software Manager Agent
Hello Everyone, I m new to this forum but found it very interesting. I am facing a problem with my HP pavilion laptop.....the prob is whenever I start my lappy a window pops up with the message that Acresso Software Manager Agent has stopped working.. I am unable to find solution for the problem can anyone help me.. to find out the agent updates or download file or any recommended solutions?????????????? Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused::confused::confused: -- ji_anjali_ji Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com "ji_anjali_ji...

Updating linked files
I have Excel 2003 workbooks that are linked. The files are located in the same directory but I do take them home and work there with the files on a USB jump drive. When I copy them back to the work PC and open one, it asks me if I want to update. When I click update all my vlookups and such return #values. When I open the parent? file, the values are updated. Is this normal that all files need to be open in Excel to do the update or is the copying back and forth messing with something? Thanks, -- Lee Coleman ...