Update Office 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Hi all,
can I update an older Office version (like 98) in German to a Office 2008 English. Means can the language of previous and update version can be different?
Many thx
D.
0
Deko1 (5)

Assistants in Office 2004
In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants from the Gallery of assistants. I can't find the other assistants anywhere on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is available. I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred the simple puzzle icon. Is there a way to get any of the other choices back? Thanks in advance. --- Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined, ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM. Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome. That's t...

cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4
When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is automatically launched. Then I get the following message: "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install will be cancelled." I have no trouble with other installs. Hi It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that possible? -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Googl...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

how to remove beta 2008 for mac
I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that says it wont work and offers to relaunch- in order to ready mac for new 2008 install, is there a way to manually remove 2008 beta? thanks, ordway Yes, there is a way: Contact the beta team directly for this information (we are not allowed to publish it...) On 25/01/08 11:48 AM, in article ee8a618.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "ordway@officeformac.com" <ordway@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't make the remove 2008 (beta version) work- I just get a message that > says it wont work and of...

Installing Updates
I keep trying to install these updates, but they continue to fail to install. I have disabled my McAfee, but it still wont install. I am at a loss. Any suggestions? Security Update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB982308) Security Update for Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007 (KB979441) Security Update for Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007 (KB982158) Security Update for Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 (KB982124) Security Update for Microsoft Office Word 2007 (KB982135) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB982312) Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft O...

Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac. Since the iMac is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and installed it on my iMac. Everything was working fine until about a week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch). (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print from using any of the apps. I am able to print using other applications (Pages, etc.). Out of frustration I uninstalled Office and tried to re-installed it. I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004. Office 10 works (loads fast but does...

Office:mac 2004 language?
I live in Germany and recently purchased Microsoft Office:mac 2004 Student/Teacher version in German. I am primarily an English-speaker, however, and want to be sure that this German version will allow me to install it in English, and not German. Anyone know, so I can decide whether or not to unwrap it? Hello Heidi, unfortunately, Office is, as far as menus are concerned, monolingual, i.e. if you have bought the German version of Office 2004, all your menus will be in German, too, and there's no way to change them to English, or any other language, for that matter. Since English is yo...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

Signature Removes after Office Updates
All clients have signatures setup with disclaimers. However, after applying Microsoft updates via WSUS, the settings for the signatures are removed and are not automatically showing on new mail and replies. Can anyone provide some direction on what to look into to get this corrected? This client must have the disclaimers show on every new mail and reply coming from within the network. Thanks !!! ...

Update Prolbem
I got Money 2005 Delux ( Web ) and it will not Update. I used the same passport account that i got money with.. I have a cable connection and its been on all night and still only says 1%. I have tryed makeing a new user account and making a new money file and it still would not download. ...

eConnect: Difficulty updating SHIPMTHD
I am having trouble getting the SHIPMTHD field to update when I update existing sales orders. No matter what I set this field to, it does not update the original SHIPMTHD that was passed in when the order was created. Has anybody had success updating the SHIPMTHD field for existing sales orders? Thanks, Bryan Bedard Windsor, ON Bryan - I do it all the time. The biggest issue I found was the methods being set up exactly the same on both ends. -HTH - Mark "Bryan Bedard" wrote: > I am having trouble getting the SHIPMTHD field to update when I update > existing sales ...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

what is my server if my computer is vista and office 2003?
my computer is vista home basic with copy right 2007 service pack 2,office 2003 and internet explorer 8. Can I know the followings? 1. What is my server (enable to upgrade server) 2. What is my office 2007 or 2003? 3. Can office 2003 to upgrade to what grade without costs? 1. I doubt very much that you have a server. Are you on a network (home or office)? Why do you think you want to upgrade a server? 2. We have no idea what version of Office you own. You can either look at your receipt or open the program and look in the Help file. 3. Upgrades are not free. -- JoAnn Pa...

Windows Server 2008 Remote Application
Planning on running GP 10.0 on a Windows 2008 server as a Remote Application (not the full RDP client). Testing is going well, with the expection of Default Printer Selection. Dynamics is not successfully selecting the client's redirected Default Printer. This behavior seems fairly random and other applications that have been published as Remote Applications do not have an issue with printer selection. The goal is that Dynamics GP uses the client's re-directed (via TS EasyPrint) default printer. Clients are running XP SP 3.0, .Net 3.5, and RDP 6.1. Anyone experiencing simil...

installing sql server 2008 express or 2010 express
I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me plz? Thanks On Jan 5, 10:55=A0am, "eusclide" <e...@me.it> wrote: > I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,,,,can anyone help me p= lz? > Thanks 1. This is not the appropriate discussion group for SQL Server issues. 2. If you expect any response at all, you need to indicate the exact errors you are getting. More specifics. "eusclide" <eus@me.it> wrote in news:Ouk449hjKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl: > I get always errors and im not able to continue,,,...

Windows 2008
Hello, I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster. We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server. Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question. Can anyone help me? * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks * can you give me some Examples Thaks for your help Franz-Josef Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets. For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use cluster.exe. There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or COM (I can't ...

move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008
Hi I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows server 2003) to a new sql server 2008 on a new windows server 2003 R2 box. What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc. If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be transfered. dbdba -- ontario, canada db There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D3A184-9888-4ABA-9A2F-AF2363302950@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to move/upgra...

Problem after MS Update KB978207
Hi All, After installing KB978207 we found we had no network connection and IPSec eventId: 7023. Has anyone else installed this yet or found a solution to this? Thanks, Nick My guess is this is that old DNS reserved ports issue that can happen randomly on any reboot and has nothing to do with KB978207. Make sure you add the DNS reservation patch to fix your IPSec booting issue: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/03/11/sbs-2003-and-dns-patch-issues-revisited.aspx -- Allan Williams Nick wrote: > Hi All, > > After installing KB97820...

cell format update problem #2
say, c1, c2 is formatted as text. and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 and I entered c1 =a1+b1, c1 shows =a1+a2 as it is, not 3. I drag the corner of c1 and copy c1 to c2, c2 is a2+b2, So I have to F2 and enter all the cells, c1, c2. Is there a way other than "F2" and "Enter"? Consider formating c1 and c2 as general. Good Luck. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > say, > c1, c2 is formatted as text. > and a1,a2,b1, b2 are formatted as general. > > a1=1,a2=2, b1=1, b2 =2 > > and I entered c1 =a1+b1, > c1 shows...

Office 2004 Demo
Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it were. Thanks, Chris In article <5c6d721e.0405171418.7f9ba736@posting.google.com>, cjohnnelson@yahoo.com (Chris) wrote: > Is there a trial version to see if we like the changes to the suite? > Based on what I have read, I am very interested, but I am not too nuts > about buying two copies for my Macs without "kicking the tires," as it > were. ...

Outlook 2003 & Office 2000 together
Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other programs. One of my users, bless him, inists on using the "the Genius" office assistant, this is not available as standard on Outlook 2003 and clashes with the other Office programs. Is there a fix where i get The Genius to work with Outlook 2003? D David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Due to a recent hardware upgrade I am running Outlook 2003 > on a server but the still using Office 2000 for the other > programs. One of my users...

Updating Values and X Axis Labels
Thanks for your help. This response by XP wasn't expected. When ever I update the chart value range and X axis labels the chart (line graph) doesn't update. I click and drag to update the Value and Categoty X axis labels. Do I have the axsis formated incorrectly? Under the format labels, Right now I have "base unit" checked. And the Max and Min dates are entered. In previous versions of excel I know you could just update the cell range and the chart would update. This should be so elementary. Thanks - Tom -- Sony Luvy If the min and max are not set to au...

Updating Share Point list from within Excel
I have the need to update an existing SharePoint list within Excel using VBA code. Is this possible? Can somebody point me to some reference that can direct met on how to do it? I'm able to save workbook and create dashboard from that workbook. However, now I need to update custom fields in an existing list. Regards, OMER ...

Stoopid Office Assistant
I may have asked this one before but cannot find ref. to it. I'm running Office 2003 but Publisher 2000. I asked Pub for help with paginating yesterday...and now I keep getting messages to install at least one office assistant. I CANNOT stand the stupid office assistants and besides I already have one dumb one installed in Office 2003. How, can I kill this popup error? or should I ask this in Office ng? You receive a "There was a problem starting the Office Assistant" error message when you run an Office 2000 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221354/en-us "T...