Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

What is Happening?
This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing
newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums.

Why?
As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the
traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the
past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding
solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites.  This
move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier
for active contributors to retain their influence, mitigate redundancies and
make the content easier to find by customers and search engines through
improved indexing.  Additionally, forums offer a better user and spam
management platform that will improve customer satisfaction by encouraging a
healthy discussion in a clean community space.  To this end, Microsoft will
begin to progressively shift available resources to the forums technology
and discontinue support for newsgroups.

In addition to offering a compelling online browser experience, for those
users who prefer to use an NNTP (newsgroup) reader to participate in the
newsgroups community, we have developed a solution called the NNTP Bridge
which allows a user to connect a variety of supported NNTP readers to the
forums they would like to participate in and continue having the NTTP reader
functionality.  You can find instructions on how to download and set up the
NNTP Bridge here: http://connect.microsoft.com/MicrosoftForums/

Which Newsgroups Are Affected by this Shutdown?
All public newsgroups will eventually be closed between June 1, 2010 and
October 1, 2010.  Microsoft will be closing newsgroups in a phased approach,
starting with the least active newsgroups and moving eventually to more
active ones throughout the course of the next six months.

When will this Happen?
Effective June 1, 2010 this newsgroup will be closed.

Where Should I go with the Closure of this Newsgroup?
Microsoft has a large selection of forums, many of which cover either the
same or closely related technologies to the ones found in the newsgroups.
The forums have seen amazing growth and are an excellent place to continue
the discussion.  We recommend that you start with
http://www.officeformac.com/ProductForums/Office/

Should you want to visit the other Microsoft Forums, please go to
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/forums/default.mspx

Who Should I Contact with any Questions?
Send any questions about the process, recommended forums and timing to
NNTP@microsoft.com

0
nntp

microsoft money #10
I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was replaced by Microsoft. How did this happen? How to I get my original files? What "original page"? What makes you say it "was replaced by Microsoft"? Have you tried opening your original files? (Money File|Open or double-click on them from Windows Explorer.) "DR support" <DRsupport@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB8D2DDB-8EA1-4665-A875-D19A468B19AA@microsoft.com... >I tried to open Money on my computer (version 2003) The original page was > replaced by Mi...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

Could Microsoft create a MSPOS user manual?
My customers are asking for one. Guess we were spoiled by RMS Store Operations having one available after Microsoft updated the SMS Commerce manuals. Makes me expect one for MSPOS even though most software no longer has printed manuals. -- Jeff Faul Merchants Solutions ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Cannot Start Microsoft outlook. #2
Dear friends, This is the first time I join this community. My purpose join the community is to look for an answer. I got problem with my computer running windows XP with the XP office application. Just a view moment ago, I cannot start my microsoft outlook. Why this is happend? The pop up screen shot saying: 1. It say I must create profile. I don't want to create new profile due I already had it. then I click cancel button. 2. Then the next pop up screen say: 'No profile has been created' 3. Then the last pop up screen say: 'Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. The server...

Microsoft Query #4
I receive message SQL0104 when changing a column heading in Microsoft Query while using the Client Access ODBC driver to connet to an iSeries 400 server. I have been informed by IBM that this is a problem with Microsoft's Query in that it incorrectly quotes the new Column Heading name before sending it to the ODBC Driver . Is anyone aware of a update or solution? Thanks Nick Thanks everyone, I just located the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 298955, I followed the procedures below, and the SQL0104 error went away. 1. Quit all Office programs.. 2. Click Start, and ...

Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense Software Compon
I'm interested in the time and expense functionality (called "Business Portal Project Time and Expense") that is described under "Dynamics GP" domain. However, I do not readily see the relationship between "Dynamics GP" and "Microsoft Business Portal Project Time and Expense." What Microsoft products do I need in order to reach my goal of operating "Business Portal Project Time and Expense"? Many thanks. In terms of what you need to purchase, the answer depends upon what you have an what licensing method you are using: The Time and...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Microsoft query returns no data, Office 2000, Excel
I run a query in Microsoft excel, with Microsoft access as the data source This spread sheet is accessed throughout our company, and works fine on all PC's but one The query returns no data on this particular PC In addition it does not return any errors Could someone assist me regarding this quandary ...

Microsoft Outlook
I need to insert my company´s contact details in every email I send out without having to type it out every time I write an email. How can I do this? Can anyone help please? Create a signature. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maria Helga Muscat" <Maria Helga Muscat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:516483E8-B4AF-4E06-AA4C-59A3ED65CB80@microsoft.com... >I need to insert my company�s contact details in every email I send out > without having to type it out every time I write an email. How can I do > this? Can anyone help please? ...

caching tool for Microsoft CRM
I saw "caching tool for Microsoft CRM" at the website : http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/default.aspx?p=2 Anybody tried this tool before? any troubles or does it really worth to try? thanx. Yes, I had used, it depends on your requirements to use this tool. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "ismail" wrote: > I saw "caching tool for Microsoft CRM" at the website : > http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/default.aspx?p=2 > Anybody tried thi...

Microsoft security essentials
If you can help I'd appreciate it. I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,does that mean it takers the place of an anti-virus programme? I have AVG installed and I'm happy with it. I'm not sure if the above will conflict with AVG as it says MSE it is a virus and spyware scanner. thanks if you can Old Mariner wrote: > If you can help I'd appreciate it. > I have just installed the above and updated the latest definititons,and > as someone who knows, not a lot re.computers,doe...

How do I import e-mail files into Microsoft Publisher 2003?
I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into Publisher? How do I get Word files into Publisher for editing? Thank You Copy/Paste. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Publisher Fan" <Publisher Fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94B237A1-C5C9-4E51-9AAF-37DC119EFBB2@microsoft.com... >I receive files thru the internet that I need to get into publisher and > change the size, or add data. How do I save them to get them into > Publisher? > How do I get Word files...

Case 'Actual Duration' not getting updated in SQL
Knowledge Base article 913391: The "Actual Duration" field displays an incorrect value when you view the "Resolve Case" dialog box in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 This article corrects the time when you resolve a case by adding some script to an onsave event. Here is where it doesnt work: Lets say you go back and change the time from 2 hours to 4 hours on a Service Appointment. The form shows your updated time by running the onsave event but when you resolve the case, you original time displays and not the updated time. I looked in SQL and the ActualDuration and Sc...

Microsoft Security Bulletin Release for January 2004
Follow up set to microsoft.public.security... Today Microsoft released the following Security Bulletins. Note: �www.microsoft.com/technet/security and �www.microsoft.com/security are authoritative in all matters concerning Microsoft Security Bulletins! ANY e-mail, web board or newsgroup posting (including this one) should be verified by visiting these sites for official information. Microsoft never sends security or other updates as attachments. These updates must be downloaded from the microsoft.com download center or Windows Update. See the individual bulletins for details. Because some m...

"configuring Microsoft Office small business 2007"
Every time my microsoft outlook 2007 opens it says "configuring Microsoft Office small business 2007" and takes about two to three minutes to start. What's wrong with this as I have done repeated repairs etc.... and it doesn't fix it. I upgraded my computer from Vista 64 bit to windows 7 64 bit. Had to reinstall everything on my computer and this has been doing this since then. Any answers? ...

Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. #2
When I start outlook. It says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook windows. Then, I go to Mail Setup under Control Panel. I press "E-mail Account" but no respond. I press "Data Files" but no respond I press "Show Profile" and remove the profile. Then, I open office outlook, it can me to create a profile. Then, I press the name but it says "There was an error accessing your system registry" Then, it says "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The server is not available. Con...

How to update absolute MDB file paths in Excel worksheet
Dear All, My Excel worksheet contains many queries to a single Access-MDB-file. When I send the worksheet and the database to a colleague in another network Excel can't update the queries any more because it doesn't find the Access file. Obviously Excel stores the links to the Access file as absolute paths (like "X:\something\database.mdb"). How can I change alle the links to the Access file without creating every query again? Is it possible to store relative links to the Access file instead of absolute links? Unfortunately the Edit->Links tools does not work for data...

Problems while updating W2k3 + Exchange 2k3
Hello, I am experiencing a couple of problems with my windows 2003 and exchange server. I wanted to install the service packs for my windows 2003 and exchange 2003 server and noticed that both of the setups got hung up during the first step. I let the setup run for a couple of hours (>5) in the hope of the problem solving itself. So after forcefully terminating the setup of the service pack I decided to see if everything was working fine, so I tried to stop the exchange server services and noticed that I was not able to do so. I just received an error message saying that the servic...