Uninstallation of V.x after install of 2004

After doing a complete erase and reinstallation of OS X on my G4, I
learned that I could not install my upgrade of Mac Office 2004 without
my previous version of office installed on the machine.
I did, I have, and it's done.
Now I have 2 versions of Mac for Office installed on my machine.
Can I now uninstall the previous copy?
and if so...HOW?

Thanks in advance,
Morris

Yes, you can uninstall the previous copy.  Do so by using the "Remove
Office" tool, located in /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional
Tools/Remove Office/.  You can then choose to remove a previous version of
Office.

Note that after this is complete, you may still need to drag the old
Microsoft Office folder to the Trash and empty it.

On 2/4/06 8:19 AM, in article
1139062756.299012.100510@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

Thank you!

Mickey fixed the problem, but please all note:  you shouldn't need to
install Office X to use an upgrade copy of Office 2004.  Others report that
it works fine to just point the upgrade installer at the Office X CD in the
cd drive, when installing and asked to verify that you own a previous
version.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

Dynamics GP 9.0 Install for Client workstations
Very Disappointed. I created the msi file to send to the workstations. The client launched the file, it loaded Utilities, but needed the sa password to continue. I still had to go to the client's workstation to put this in. I also had to change the OLE notes and the Shared location of the reports.dic I was misinformed by Microsoft back in October 2005 that the installer package handled all of this information, thus making it a true client pushdown/pull. If it's a brand new install on a workstation, you must also create the ODBC client. Also, I cannot put anything from dis...

Excel 2002
....I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the Chart Wizard, I can easily select the filtered data range but it doesn't seem possible to select the (filtered) headings as the X-axis (time period). Any ideas or workrounds? Thanks in advance, Amanda when you set up your autofilter range leave the row you want to use for your axis out of the range. "Birmangirl" wrote: > ...I have a large amount of amount to produce multiple charts from, so using > Autofilter is a bit of a necessity. Using the...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

SP2 Post-Installation Problem
I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, or externally. Any e-mails sent from outlook clients simply reamin in the outbox and refuse to move. All services seem to be running ok. Can anyone offer any help or pointers for which direction I need to look in ? Thanks I guess you already tried reboot? SkySurfer wrote: > I have just updated our exchange server 2003 to SP2 and have now lost the > ability to send and receive any mail - either internally across the network, > or ...

Newbie
I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of Windows Server 2003. When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exchange Management System - EMS) I navigated to Servers - Exchange1 - Protocols - SMTP There's no default SMTP server listed in there. How can I get one in there? -Fran- Did you have IIS installed already? <Fran> wrote in message news:vmrpu1h04d06lpot07kbqu78lnsflpqcaa@4ax.com... >I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of > Windows Server 2003. > > When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exch...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

Slipstream and still Repair Install?
Hello, Can an XP Home (original version) be slipstreamed with SP3 and then used at the time of a Repair Install? I.E. If a box has SP2 now and is experiencing issues that might call for the Repair Install, can one use a slipstreamed SP3 and kill two birds or more with one stone? Thanks "inoldc" <not@atall.com> wrote in message news:r5OdncwaYeaelBHWnZ2dnUVZ_v6dnZ2d@giganews.com... > Hello, > > Can an XP Home (original version) be slipstreamed with SP3 and then used > at the time of a Repair Install? I.E. If a box has SP2 now and is > ...

Installing the CRM Laptop Client error message
"The user id associated with the current record is not valid" is the error message that shows when starting Outlook. We have installed the laptop client on numerous laptops, this has only appeared on one laptop which is a tablet type and the only other difference is that it is running outlook 2003 where all the others are running outlook 2002. The operating system is windows XP on all the laptops. Anyone got any ideas, can't seem to find any other help on this. ...

Windows Installer Cleanup Utility will not update
I am running Windows XP SP3. Each time I try to update the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility by running �msicuu2.exe�, which was downloaded from Microsoft, I get the message, �The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package �msicuu.msi� in the box below.� If I locate the �msicuu.msi� file a message indicates that,� �msicuu.msi� is not a valid installation package for the product Windows Installer Cleanup. Try to find the installation package �msicuu.msi� in...

DPM 2010 RC
BUG REPRO: When installing Agents using the Wizard, if any of the selected target systems are offline the Wizard Freezes, then reports it cannot access the systems and provide a listing of the systems it cannot Access. Once the error is recognized (click on 'OK') the wizard Halts and does not go forward. Issues: 1. Selected Systems must all be online or Wizard fails to install online systems. Instead the Admin must document the systems it reported were offline, and then go back in the wizard and deselect the systems that are offline. Expected Result: Expect t...

How to verify if Service Pack installed in Exchange Server
I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? Thanks in Advance.. -- Regards Sanjay Kumar On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:46:31 -0800, Sanjay Kumar <SanjayKumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am not able to find if Exchange Service pack installed in Blackberry >server through ESM, Is there any way to check if SP is installed ?? > >Thanks in Advance.. Look in ESM, go down to "Servers" and look in the right pane. You will see all the servers there, together with what t...

Clean Install
Could someone post the uninstalation and clean install instructions including patching it to the latest version? Thanks very kindly Milan You can find an article with instructions here: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/howtoarticles/ Leslie Wagner [MSFT[ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Milan" <Milan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90223C9C-689C-48EF-BC22-32D5DB8FE291@microsoft.com... > Could someone post the uninstalation and clean install instructions > includi...

MS Publisher 2000 continually installs
installed Office 2000 disk 1 and then MS Publisher from Disk 2. After I installed Publisher, it wants to do another install every time it is executed. What can I do to resolve this? You can get a program from the MS website called "msicu.exe" and there is a second one required for Disk 2 of Office. Read the instructions with these files carefully, and fully understand how they work, but they will/should cure your ills. Windows Installer cleaner Cd2Cleaner http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q247/6/74.asp http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q239/9/3...

Installation Woes
Hi All, In all my years, I swear - I have never found a more difficult program to install than CRM 3.0! I have CRM installed and running on my Small Business Server. The web application is running and available at www.mydomain.co.uk:5555. I am trying to install the offline outlook client on various laptops. The installation goes fine, however - when I start outlook I get: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM Server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, etc etc" Then: "An error occured loading Microsoft CRM functiona...

Setting x-axis crosses with VBA
I have a chart that at the moment has a vertical range from -70 to -92. I'm trying to set the horizontal axis to cross at the minimum value, in this case -92. Using With ActiveChart.Axes(xlValue) .Crosses = xlMinimum It crosses at -70. If I use xlMaximum I get the same thing. Using .Crosses = xlCustom .CrossesAt = -92 it crosses at -92. however, I need it to be dynamic so the x-axis labels stay below the data field. Am I using xlMinimum in a place it cannot be used? Any help will be appreciated. In the format axis dialog, there is no way to specify tha...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Auto Empty Deleted Items on Exit OR after X days or X Items accumulated?
In Outlook 2003 is there a way to Auto Empty the Deleted Items Folder, either on Exit OR after X days since deletion or when X number of Items accumulated? -- "J. J." Go to "Tools" : "Options" : "Other" First option is "Empty Deleted Items folder upon exiting" You can set it to delete after x number of days for certain e-mail account types. Go to: "Tools" : "E-Mail Accounts" : Select, "View or change e-mail accounts" Select account to chnage and click "Change..." : Click "More Settings" Se...

Windows CE R3 installation
Hi I post here yet another question about the WindowsCE 6.0 R3 instalation. I encountered the fact, that a library is updated during the R3 installation, but the corresponding source file not. I then had a look at the installer file and saw that there the source code file is missing. Well the library i am talking about is the bthci.lib and the (only one) source code file is \PRIVATE\WINCEOS\COMM\BLUETOOTH\HCI\BASE\hci.cxx Does anybody know about this inconsistency? ...

Allow active x controls to run in RMS POS
Hi there. When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS computer, I get the error message "Your current security settings prohibit running active x controls on this page", and it doesn't work. It works fine on my back office pc, and I can't find any difference between the IE settings on the two pcs. Where would I find the setting to allow active x controls to run? Cheers Problem solved, windows automatically blocked it because I sent it as an email attachment from my office pc Mheill wrote: > Hi there. > > When trying to run drilldown.htm in RMS on my POS co...