Uninstall Mac Office 2004

How do I remove Office 2004 and reinstall it so I can use
a different registration number.  I have installed it
under the same number twice on a LAN in error and I need
to change the registration number so I don't get a
conflict.  This is the Student/Teacher Edition on a
student network.

Budge Harvey <budge.harvey@techtotems.com> wrote:

> How do I remove Office 2004 and reinstall it so I can use
> a different registration number.  I have installed it
> under the same number twice on a LAN in error and I need
> to change the registration number so I don't get a
> conflict.  This is the Student/Teacher Edition on a
> student network.

You can use the uninstaller on the CD. Alternatively, you'll achieve the
same result deleting the (invisible) OfficePID file in the
/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office folder along with the Office
Registration Cache 11 located in your pref folder.
When you launch Office again you should be asked for the serial number.

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html

In article <14ef01c47bad$a10a4520$a601280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Budge Harvey" <budge.harvey@techtotems.com> wrote:

> How do I remove Office 2004 and reinstall it so I can use
> a different registration number.  I have installed it
> under the same number twice on a LAN in error and I need
> to change the registration number so I don't get a
> conflict.  This is the Student/Teacher Edition on a
> student network.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Import gif to Word or PowerPoint 2004
After inserting a gif-graphic into a Word or PowerPoint-file, then saving, closing and opening the file again, I get instead of the graphic a black box. Any hints? I use MacOSX.3.4 and I just updated my office to mac-office 2004. In mac-office X I did not have this problems. Thanks Florian ...

CRM & Office 2007
Hello I was wondering if there is any way to synchronize CRM and Office 2007 programs, more specifically Office Accounting 2007. I read something about a rollup 2 for CRM, but I am not sure if that is what I need. If it IS what I need, could you provide the link to the download site please? Thanks, S.R. Hi SR, There is nothing regarding office accounting 2007 sycronization in Rollup 2. And I dont think there is any built in sycronization tool from Microsoft for this purpose. There may be some addons from third parties like one of them is: http://gurangosoft.com/default.aspx Or you may ...

Trouble Restoring Backup of Money 2002 to 2004
Let's continue the conversation on restoring backups a little bit. My HD crashed so I decided to upgrade to Money 2004 on the new disk. But now I can't restore my old data that goes back years. When I double click on the old mny or mbf files Money 2004 locks after trying to convert for a few seconds. Even the floppy backup I had will not work becuase the floopy can't be read for some reason. Am I screwed? Your thoughts are valued! Bob Can you copy the backup floppy to your hard disk? Try that and then try restoring from there. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP -...

Office 2007 Suite
I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. All this, of course, is for my home use. I have two desk tops and one lap top at home. Out of the two things I purchased I received one key number. Can I load what I purchased on all three machines and be able to have them activated? Thanks. Nope, ONE machine is all the Home Use program provides for. Penny wrote: > I purchased Office 2007 suite through my compnay home use program. I > purchased a download and a disk to be sent to my home. A...

Can't Uninstall 2004 to Install 2005
I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. When trying to install 2005, it recommends that 2004 be uninstalled and offers to do it for me. The uninstallation stops when it cannot find the money.msi file anywhere. I don't have this file on my computer anymore (not sure if I ever had it). I would like to cleanly uninstall 2004 to install 2005. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Ted Medler wrote: >I installed 2004 Deluxe via web download. I have bought >the 2005 Deluxe installation CD. > >When trying to install 2...

5.5 uninstall after 2k3 upgrade
After migration from 5.5 to 2003. I went to the 5.5 box, put the cd in and unistalled. It is still showing in 2k3 system manger and now im getting errors in app log from ldap, ad connector looking for the old box. Do i need to reinstall 5.5 on my old box and use 5.5 admin to delete? I installed 5.5 admin on my new 2k3 box but dont know where how to use. I am 5.5 newbie..only know 2k3 There are a number of steps to take prior to decomissioning a 5.5 server in your type of upgrade/migration. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/Ex2k3DepGuide/d91c2065-99af-405...

2004 to 2005
2005 created alot of bogus duplicate accounts with negative balances and e-pay and a-pay are not an option any longer in pay bills even though billpay is active. Been on the phone with tech support 4 times in the last week last time they said they'd call back with an answer--it's been 3 days. Anyone have any ideas? I'm a longtime user of money and like it but 2005 has really messed things up. Tech support has created alot of backups on my comp. hard to tell if I have any good ones anymore. Thanks Sorry for the duplicate but error came up on posting and said to "try...

OWA and ISA 2004
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We have about 150 Users of which only 80 are in the main office and the rest work from home/on the road. Many of them were useing OWA in Exchange 5.5 for email. In the new envoirnment we are considering putting an ISA 2004 server in our DMZ and connecting this directly to our Exchange server on the Internal LAN. (No Front End Exchange Server) Is this option recomended from a security/performance perspective? We do not really want the expense of an additional Front End Exchange server if it is not really needed. The alternative wou...

Money 2004 Install Wizard won't come back :(
I need to find out how to get the initial setup wizard to run. I was going through the initial set up of accounts, but had to stop. I closed Money, assuming that it would save to that point and re-open to where I was. But now when I start money, it does not give me the wizard. It opens to the program home page. I tried uninstalling the program (not that much was entered, so it was no big thing), but it still opens on the money home page when I re-install and open it again. What do I need to do to get it to start fresh???? Please help. Thanks Remove the "FOUR YOU" in my emai...

How do I set up an out of office auto response?
Hi: I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help me out? Thank you so much. JenniferC <JenniferC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi: > I'm a new user to Outlook and I was trying to initiate an "out of > office response"/auto reply for one of my colleagues. Can you help > me out? Thank you so much. http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Brian Tillman Yet another stupid question what is the OOA & how do I enable it? "Brian Tillman&qu...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

office 2003 #2
I recently installed office 2003 on a network for a company. When trying to insert a picture into an excel file, and then printing, the picture will be distorted. Instead of one picture it becomes 4 small, stretched out pictures as if it smeared, but it didnt. It looks like it skipped 4 times. I've printed out different pictures from different computers from different printers and there is usually one or more distorted pictures. I wouldnt have emailed you in this type of categorie if i didnt think it had to do with the recent installation of office 2003, because these problems ...

Office XP icons missing on Windows 7 Pro x64
I installed Office XP on a PC running Windows 7 Pro x64. The icons for the various office programs exist, but are blank. When I look at the shortcuts, it doesn't allow me to choose the location of the icon - it's greyed out. I've run windws explorer elevated, but I still can't change the icon location. If I navigate to the Winword.exe location, it has an icon. If I create a new shortcut, that new shortcut also doesn't have an icon. If I try pinning one to the start menu or taskbar, I get the same problem. I also have Outlook 2007 installed, but the icon for thi...

Word 2004 Filenames as autotext
I frequently place file names in footers using AutoText. Suddenly Word is adding "FILENAME" before my file name. There are also a grayed-out box before and after the text. So "file.doc" is now "FILENANE file.doc." How do I get Word to just add the file name without "FILENAME" and these boxes? I've been using Word since it was first introduced. Sometimes I think that this program has just become far too cumbersome. Thanks for your help. E. Volchok In article <1180564378.495744.312060@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, edvolchok@nyc.rr.com wrot...

Excel addon for Mac
For my marketing college class I had to buy a textbook that comes with Excel addon software. However, the software is Windows only. I own a Mac with office, Excel included. Does anyone know if there if a copy of the software for Macs? Textbook: Basic Marketing Research: Using Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Software: XL Data Analyst OS: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Office: Mac office 2004 Teacher/Student Edition I have also contacted the publisher of the book and they said they could not find a Mac version of the addon. A search of google leads to http://xldataanalyst.com/Basic/ -- Regards, Tush...

How to run Office:Mac on a PC?
For better support of Mac users, I want to run Office:Mac on a PC. Though I know about PearPC http://pearpc.sourceforge.net, I did not yet give it a try. Are there other solutions available? Many thanks for all hints and explanations, Thomas Hi Thomas, as far as I know, there aren't that many solutions to run Mac OS X on PCs. I have heard of PearPC, but I don't think that you can legally run Mac OS X on a non-Apple computer; if I remember correctly, the license agreement states that you are supposed to run OS X on Apple hardware only. Also, since you can only buy Mac OS X for Power...

Damaged Fonts with Office 2004?
When I run FontDoctor or Extensis Suitcase's font diagnostic/repair program, six fonts that come with MS Office 2004 are reported to be damaged. The message indicates that the resource fork for the following fonts is damaged: MS Gothic.ttf MS Mincho.ttf MS PGothic.ttf MS PMincho.ttf PMingLiU.ttf SimSun.ttf These fonts come this way on the Office 2004 CD. Are these fonts actually damaged, or is this just some quirk of FontDoctor and Suitcases' diagnostic treatment of Windows Truetype fonts? ...

Microsoft Excel 2007 to Mac Excel 2008 Issue regarding Macros
I have created worksheets on my PC using MS Excel 2007. I transfered them to a Mac user and when open the excel worksheet on his computer it tells me &quot;Excel 2008 for Mac can't run the Macros&quot; <br><br>Can someone maybe please help me to a way around this ???? Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? > Is there a version that does support macros ? Or...can the macros be re-created &amp; run ? <br><br>Mac Excel 2004. ...

How Can I tell which product key is on which Mac?
I hve 30 Mac's at my location and 30 coppies of Office. One hard disk has failed and needs to be rebuilt. My predicessor did not record which Product key goes with which machine. How can I match the product keys to the computers so I know which license belongs on the rebuilt machine? ...

cannot turn on out of office assistant
does anyone know how to get the out of office assistant to work in outlook 2002? i have followed all of the troubleshooting and have downloaded all the available updates and nothing works. I would really like to get this to work before i go on vacation! please help!!! Are you connected to an Exchange Server? If not you will not have that option. If you're not on Exchange you can emulate it. See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;248830 OL2000: (IMO) How to Emulate the Out of Office Assistant http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260987...

how to copy and paste office 2007
new to office how do I copy and paste This works the same as in previous versions. Just select the contents, press Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. For more options when pasting, use the Paste Special dialog box (click Home tab | Paste Special). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jamiejames" <jamiejames@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E818A730-B744-4D98-8065-9D627B41279E@microsoft.com... > new to office how do I copy and paste There are several ways, but the way I find easiest is to define the text you want to copy, press...

Money 2004 #6
I experienced a problem using Money 2004 that I thought I would check and see if anyone else has experience. Last week, Money 2004 automatically entered bills for August 2004 into my register approximately 1 month ahead of their due date. I tried deleting them to bring the account balance current, and when that didn't work, I tried disabling and re-enabling online services. I only fixed the issue when I actually restored my data from a back up disc from a few days prior to the issue. I just was curious if other users have experience a similiar issue. Thanks! ...

Money 2004 #33
Hi, Please advice. Can I run Money 2004 with Pentium 133 Classic? I've checked that system requirement is at least Pentium 166. What will happen if I decided to go ahead? Thanks, Riglin Nothing disastrous - it will just be very slow. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Riglin" <Riglin@quanyin.com> wrote in message news:3ff520dc_1@news.tm.net.my... > Hi, Please advice. Can I run Money 2004 with Pentium 133 Classic? I've >...

Front-End Server? and ISA 2004
Hi Quick question - we are upgrading two exchange 2000 servers to 2003. At the moment we have no front end server and OWA is published for each server seperately through ISA 2000. This was done to avoid the cost of another Exchange server for a front end. I would like to have a single page using Forms Authentication for OWA - I have been told that ISA 2004 does this - or does it? Does ISA 2004 act as a frontend server? will I have to configure a front-end exchange server for this to work or have separate OWA login pages for each server? On 25 Nov 2004 18:47:07 -0800, ajmarriott@xtra.co.n...