Unable to Connect to Server

I have just installed Office 2004 Student and teacher edition on Tiger,
and I am unable to connect to the server to get any updates or use
Entourage.
I am connecting to the internet via my universities wireless service
and I have set up the proxy settings in the network configure in Systen
Preferences and i can browse the web fine using safari. Is there
something similar I have to do in office itself? I have configured to
HTTP proxy in messenger and that works fine.
How do I get it to connect?

Thanks for any assistance

MsExchange 2003 Server problems
Please anyone help me out i'm in a jam.. I installed a server running Windows 2003 server and ontop of that Exchange 2003 server.. I did the automatic updates and I installed Trend Server protect and Trend Scanmail for Exchange... I moved users from Exchange2000 to the new box fine.... All of a sudden now the machine restarts itself atleast once a day and the errors I get in the eventlog are Error initializing session for virtual machine FIJI. The error number is 0x80040111. Make sure Microsoft Exchange Store is running. Then when i restart the box, all the stores mount fine but the actu...

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Hi, I setup CRM Router on Exchange 2007 server. We are using email forwarding rule for incoming email. For all users and CRM mailbox I am getting this error when I am running test after “Load Data”: Name: CRMSystemMailbox-CRMRouter Incoming Status: Failure - The remote Microsoft Exchange e-mail server returned the error "(401) Unauthorized". Verify that you have permission to connect to the mailbox. The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. What I'm doing wrong? Thanks! This may not apply but it worked for me with Exchange 2003. I had the same error unt...

Frontend Server
Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange 2003 SP2? Just fishing to hear what other people have to say. Thanks here is front end back end topology guide http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=E64666FC-42B7-48A1-AB85-3C8327D77B70&displaylang=en and exch 2003 client access guide http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123645(EXCHG.65).aspx -- Dhruv Raj "Nik" wrote: > Any ideas or best practices for setting up a Frontend Server in Exchange > 2003 SP2? > Just fishing to hear what other peop...

More than One Exchange Server
Is it possible to access two separate exchange e-mail accounts using one Outlook 2003 client? I use a hosted exchange solution for my personal e-mail and of course my work uses its own exchange server. I want to be able to access both using the same client. Is this possible Thanks. No, not within the same profile. You can only connect to one Exchange server at a time. If available you should connect to the other Exchange server by IMAP instead. Otherwise you'll have to create a separate profile; Control Panel-> Mail-> button Show Profiles... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook....

Unique Identification of a database server
Hi All, I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be unique for each installation. Is such a number available? (In sybase it was @@nodeid) Thanks Marcel schaf (dlocke@mysunrise.ch) writes: > I'm looking for a unique identification of my MS SSQLServer 2008 R2. > The DB_ID() is not enough, because I would like to have a unique > number/Id/GUID/MACAddress or similar of my SQLServer. This Id must be > uni...

Unable to find mailbox TZ
If the update tool can't find the mailbox timezone, because they've never (a) been logged in to or (b) never accessed the calendar or (c) whatever, then would it matter if those mailboxes were "stripped" from the list before actually running the update? In my case I've got more where the TZ info couldn't be found that those where it could. Thanks in advance for any conjectures! Bob You can manually insert the timezones in your input file or have MsExTmzCfg.exe do it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ...

Terminal server support
I got a notice from Microsoft support that explained that CRM 3.0 is not supported in a Terminal Server enviroment when roaming profiles is used. (And there is no plans that it will be) Has anyone succesfully deployed the "Microsoft CRM Desktop Client" in a multi TS enviroment using roaming profiles? If so, How? Regards Jakob Hi Jakob, I have sucessfully installed in a TS environment and it has worked fine for many months without issue, but that wasn't using roaming profiles. I installed on the server from the client disk while logged in as the required user. This...

rule out ODBC connection?
Hi all, windows 2003 sp2/xp sp3 Is there a way to push out group plicy to users? I did the registry key odbcini in the HKLM\Software\ODBC. But, we use the customized port. It looks like that I can not specify the different port other than 1433? Any way to do this? Thank you. If I understand you correctly, see: http://www.sqledit.com/odbc/ Setup one machine correctly then export and import the settings to the other machines that need them. hth DDS "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E82290-DCC4-4982-BD19-7D165271C0E9@mi...

Access and Team Foundation Server
I have an Access application (adp) that is under source control at work using TFS (Team Foundation Server). When I check-out the application I can use it in any way I want (to modify it). However, I need to bring the .adp file at home to study the code on my free time. I managed to duplicate the SQL Server database it's connected to. But when I try opening the adp file at home, I get the "lock" icon next to all my access objects (forms, modules, etc). I'm no expert in TFS but we use it at work to manage our Access applications with the rest of the team. How can...

Install DPM 2007 in a 2 server setup
I need to install the dpm server using an external sql server. the sql server instance is available using the name of the server (it's the default instance) but the reporting services is accesible using a host name. sql: SERVER1 rs: reports.SERVER1. the dpm setup only asks about the sql server instance name, but not aboutn rs url. how can i install in this setup? i've managed to install dpm in my configuration registering a new spn for http/server1 so that the dpm setup see the reporting services server. "Catalin Adler" wrote: > I need to install t...

Users cannot change password in win2k8 terminal server
We only have one win2k8 server in our domain and it is a terminal server. If I set a users account to require password change after first logon, the user gets a "username or password is incorrect" error. The user has no problem changing their password from an xp workstation. I've checked the common gpo's and I cant see anything that is preventing them from changing passwords while rdp'd in terminal server. Thoughts? ...

How to extract mailbox from EDB on a server that does not have exchange installer
hi all, has anyone ever been able to extract a mailbox (via a PST file) from an EDB file on a server that does not have exchange server installed? What are the files that I need to have locally in order to run exmerge.exe on that box. I know that exchmem.dll, libxds.dll are needed, but I want to find out what else is needed for a successful extraction. Any hacks out there :-) thanks a lot, Mike Have a look at this link http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchangeserver/index.htm "Mike" <michmike@cs.stanford.edu> wrote in message news:9978dd46.0404291626.60bfa58b@posting.g...

Sharing a money file on a server
Money 2004.... I have my Money file on a shared folder on a server. I have two client computers that I wish to be able to access this file from. I have Money 2004 installed on both clients. The trouble seams to be that if one computer is running the Money fike is locked even if Money 2004 is not running on that computer. Thus the second computer cannot acces the file. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Kevin Maybe. You're lucky you haven't corrupted the file outright. Money was not designed for simultaneous access to the data file from two apps. It can get ugly. Consider yoursel...

unable to send mail 09-07-10
i get this message. i did not have a problem til 3 days ago. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'address', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being obtained from Verizon? I'm not sure if Verizon supports it, but try changing port 25 to port = 587 for the outgoing server. If you need more help, tell us ...

Is it Possible to run MOPS2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 ?
Ist it possible to run a Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 - in a farm installation ? The SQL Server and WSS-Project Server are on one maschine - the AD-Controller is another maschine. If you are talking about SQL Express, the answer is yes it will work-but with limited functionality. SQL Express databases are limited to 4gb in size, also you cannot build OLAP cubes for data analysis Hubert K?ppen wrote: Is it Possible to run MOPS2007 with a free SQL Server 2005 ? 29-Nov-09 Ist it possible to run a Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 wit...

Exchange server/OL problem after creating site/subnet
One domain. Total of 5 win 2k DC's in the organization, 2 in the main office, 1 each in the other branch offices. The main office is 10.91.x.x while the branch office is 10.31.x.x, 10.51.x.x, and 10.85.x.x. So far we can't seem to figure out this problem which has happened twice already when we try to do this: In AD sites and services, create a site for one of the branch office, create a subnet associated with that branch office, associate the subnet with the site, move the DC of that branch office to the created site. A few minutes after the above is done, either: 1. People who...

Front-end server matters
I would like to know if a front-end server can "hold" the emails flow in the case of failures for the back-end servers ? Secondo, I'm looking for a "how-to" install doc for a front-end server for an organisation that have an existing Exchange 2003 server running IIS for the OWA service. Thanks On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:04:16 -0400, "Gillies" <easternguy@hotmail.com> wrote: > >I would like to know if a front-end server can "hold" the emails flow in the >case of failures for the back-end servers ? > >Secondo, I'm lookin...

Looking for help with "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error
Please help anybody . . . I have been able to post messages via microsoft's news server but when I try posting to those same newsgroups via titannews.com (for which I am a paying subscriber) I always get a "440 Posting Not Allowed" server error. This wouldn't have anything to do with needing posting privelages for the newgroup would it? If it's a server error then it's not even getting to the intended newsgroup? Or may this type of error result from other causes? Maybe there's a seasoned news server user who can point me in the right direction for resolving t...

HELP! Where do i find incoming and outgoing server information?
Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server information? PLEASE HELP! lizzie 13 <lizzie 13@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi im trying to add my first account to outlook and i get as far as > it asking me for server information. Im using an MSN email account > but dont kno whwere to find the incoming and out going server > information? Is this MSN account a POP account (for which MSN would have sent you server det...

Unable to insert electronic address to print envelope in word
In Word 2007, I am trying to use the "insert address" button when printing an envelope. The error i receive is that I need to log into "microsoft exchange". I'm guessing this function does not work unless I have Outlook installed on the computer and that word is unable to conect to "windows mail" address book. That is correct. The only address books Word can use are MS Exchange (on networks) and the Outlook Contacts. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Brian&qu...

Exchange Server 2003 not allowing message forwarding to external e
Using SBS 2003 with Exhcange Server 2003. Using Outlook 2003. Created a rule for forward a copy of all mail to my hotmail account. When I process the rule, the mail is not sent. Wondering if by default Exchange blocks forwarding of mail to external accounts. If so, how can I open this up for a specified address? Yes, Exchange 2003 blocks forwards and replies to the Internet by default. Your Exchange admin is a very wise person to leave it this way. Company mail should never end up in Hotmail, Yahoo! mail, or any ISP mail. Let's not get started on mail loops. --� Milly Staple...

exchannge 2003 server on another server
dear all , I have one Server running on windows 2003 server standard with active directory and another new server plan to deply exchange server , my problem is when i install exchange server 2003 , setup /forestprep it unable locate to AD , please help , thank you . Check your DNS settings. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ys" <ys@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0909D69D-AEE2-41FA-BD45-C96C46DB64B1@microsoft.com... > dear all , > I have one Server running on windows...

Second Exchange server as OWA
Hi. I have at server 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP2. Besides Exchange I use it as DC and for OWA with SSL. Now I have added a new Exchange server. It is a member server. When I move a mailbox to the new server, Outlook works fine and connects to the new server. The OWA on the new server works fine with the mail boks I have moved. But I want to log in to the SSL OWA on the first server. This does not work. I get at "the page can not be displayed" on the url https://mail.mydomain.dk/exchweb/bin/auth/owaauth.dll when I logon with the mailboks I have moved. All other mails bokses ...

Unable To Add Records Via Form
Hello, I'm fairly new to Access so I'm not sure if this is an easy one for all of you... I'm running Access 2003. I have two tables and created a relationship between 1 field in table1 and 1 field in table2. The type of relationship is to only display rows where the fields are equal. I created a form using fields from table1 and table2. The data displays correctly in the form, however when I try to add a new record the add record arrow is greyed out. Also, if I try to edit any existing fields, it does not allow me to. No error, just unable to edit the fields. Is ther...

Cassini server
From a couple of postings, I have come to know that the sales for outlook works under Cassini web server. Absolutely no idea what it is. Could anyone please explain me as to what Cassini is and how it works? Also, I was surprised to see that the web pages in CRM sales for outlook are published on localhost:2525. But I donot see any virtual directory created under IIS. And finally, supposing if I want to add a custom form in outlook CRM, then what is the process in sales for outlook? Do I need to create a virtual directory for this custom form? Otherwise, how would SFO identify the location ...