Translate Word Perfect Files

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

Hello -

Mac Word stopped including WordPerfect filters/converters several versions
back. However, if you have access to a PC running Word you can probably open
the file there & save it in .doc format - depending on which version of WP
created the file. If the current versions of PC Word don't have the
necessary equipment there are additional filters available from:

http://gmayor.com/downloads.htm

You may also be interested in a product from DataViz called MacLink Plus
Deluxe which will not only do those conversions but many more as well:

http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/index.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/4/08 11:18 PM, in article 59b56117.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"bossanovabassets@officeformac.com" <bossanovabassets@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

If you just need to do one file, not a whole set, the free AbiWord may
meet your needs.

bossanovabassets@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Is there any way to open a word perfect file, and then save it in Word format?

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
8/5/2008 12:37:09 PM
Thank you both. I had never heard of AbiWord before. It did the trick. I will use the other PC filters on my work computer.
AbiWord worked for me also. It allowed me to open a word perfect document and then save it as a .doc.
0
Philbb

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

word count
my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type Please help Gary Does this happen with a particular document, only, or with any document that you open in Word? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "raider23" wrote: > my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type > Please help > Gary ...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

How do I Restore old save dbx files back into OE store folder
I have some old dbx files that I saved into a folder in 'My documents' some time ago during earlier OE back ups. I now wish to re-import some of these saved dbx folders back into OE in order to assess some of these emails again. I've been looking at the wed sites 'Inside OE' and 'OE help'. But can't seem find or see the part that will give me directions on how to do this. Some of these saved dbx folders have the same names of existing folders that I'm currently using in OE. So presumably, I'm going to have to do some folder renaming or s...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

Open excel file
Hi, I want to open excel file using a commnad button placed in a form. I have read the other questions to this to use runapplication. But, what I am looking for is as follows: i have tax database which contain the taxpayer name, taxyear and the Taxid number. I have placed this table in a form. The tax caluclations are made in excel and stored in a particular folder say named, Tax_comp and with filenames Taxpayer_year.xlsx. I want to place a command button on the form, and when the user clicks the command button, i want the particular tax payer excel tax computation file sto...

File folder info. in Excel workbook?
Good day all. Excel 2007. XP Pro. Is there a way to have all available excel files in a particular folder listed (updated in real time) in an excel spreadsheet where the user can click on one or more of them to open those files or at least retrieve specific data from them? I have a situation where files representing cost centres and each month of the year need to present data into a worksheet used for reporting purposes. So potentially 5 x 12 = 60 files. But these are only created as the months pass. so at the end of month1 there would only be the 5 files, month 2 there would be...

How do I populate the "Find" dialogue in Word with the contents of the clipboard?
Hi I tried, and failed to create a macro. (I do a procedure hundreds of times every day so wanted to automate it) I press Control-F (to open the 'find' dialogue) and then press Control- V (to paste the contents) into the dialogue. As you can see from the code below, when I recorded the macro, it used '2022' (which is what happens to be in my clipboard right now) but I want it to use the clipboard. Is this possible? I hope I've explained the problem properly. ==================================================== Sub FindWhatsinClipboar...

Slow Open of WORD
I am running MS Office XP Pro under Windows XP Pro. After downloading a Word file from the Internet and openning it with Word, Word began openning very slowly and giving the message "requesting virus scan ..." at the bottom of the Word screen. Excel started doing the same thing. All other programs on my computer continued to open normally. I run Norton Systemworks with Antivirus. I also began to notice that Windows would boot slowly and Systemworks would also open slowly. I ran a virus scan (with latest definitions) on my computer and no files were infected. After r...

How do open a scanned doc with Word?
The scanned doc shows up when I launch My Pictures or when I am attaching a doc to send in an email with Outlook, but when I jsut launch word and go to the folder the scanned docs, whether JPG's or PDF's, do not appear. Thanks. You'll need OCR software so that you can convert the document into a format that Word can read. You may find such software on the disc that came with your scanner. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "vwj" <vwj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED74F5BD-3241-411D-AF93-1846E14BABC7@microsoft.com... > ...

MM from Word in HTML Format
I am using MS Office 2002. When I do a mail-merge from MS Word to email, it works fine as long as I use 'Plain Text' as the format. It accesses Outlook and sends the messages. However, if I use HTML format, it acts as though it is sending something, but the messages never get sent. Does anyone know what my problem might be? Brian, I seem to have the same problem in Offic 2003. When I do an email merge from Word, the screen flickers at the end but there is no record of the emails having been sent in Outlook, i.e., they are not in the Sent folder. I've tried looking around...