transferring office suite from desktop to laptop

Version: v.X
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have the product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my laptop using the product ID from the desktop?
0
dschray (1)

On 5/11/09 3:37 PM,  "dschray@officeformac.com" <dschray@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite
> to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have the
> product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my laptop
> using the product ID from the desktop?

No, there is no download for Office X.

The Product ID is given during the Setup Assistant process. The Product ID
will look like this: 11111-130-0001111-12345). It is used to register your
product for technical support which you are long past.

The Product Key also called CD Key is on a yellow or bright orange sticker
on the CD package. This is used to install Office.

If you don't need Exchange you can get Office 2008 very reasonably. $108.99

<http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>

If you need Exchange support, I suggest getting the Special Media edition.
It's actually cheaper right now than the standard. If you try to get the
upgrade edition it will require you to put in the old CD that you no longer
have or have Office X installed.

<http://tinyurl.com/45mygp>

Standard $252. Special Media edition $208.

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

After creating and saving a chart (a line graph) within a word document , I
cannot get back to the data to update the chart! Double clicking on the
chart only opens windows to modify the look, not the data. Advice please!

On 5/11/09 9:48 PM, in article C62E2372.21E1D%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
"Diane Ross" <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/11/09 3:37 PM,  "dschray@officeformac.com" <dschray@officeformac.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite
>> to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have the
>> product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my laptop
>> using the product ID from the desktop?
>
> No, there is no download for Office X.
>
> The Product ID is given during the Setup Assistant process. The Product ID
> will look like this: 11111-130-0001111-12345). It is used to register your
> product for technical support which you are long past.
>
> The Product Key also called CD Key is on a yellow or bright orange sticker
> on the CD package. This is used to install Office.
>
> If you don't need Exchange you can get Office 2008 very reasonably. $108.99
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>
>
> If you need Exchange support, I suggest getting the Special Media edition.
> It's actually cheaper right now than the standard. If you try to get the
> upgrade edition it will require you to put in the old CD that you no longer
> have or have Office X installed.
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/45mygp>
>
> Standard $252. Special Media edition $208.
>
> Hope this helps!

0
jopi (2)
5/13/2009 4:09:38 PM
Your message has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread,
so it should not have been posted as a REPLY.

Additionally, nobody can offer any suggestions without knowing what exact
version of Office & OS X you're using as well as what method you used to
create the chart - there are several possibilities.

Please post a NEW MESSAGE stating all the necessary particulars. I'm sure
someone will be more than glad to help.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

"Joseph Piasek" <jopi@awty.net> wrote in message
> After creating and saving a chart (a line graph) within a word document ,
> cannot get back to the data to update the chart! Double clicking on the
> chart only opens windows to modify the look, not the data. Advice please!
>

> On 5/11/09 9:48 PM, in article C62E2372.21E1D%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
> "Diane Ross" <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/11/09 3:37 PM,  "dschray@officeformac.com"
>> <dschray@officeformac.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office
>>> suite
>>> to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have
>>> the
>>> product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my
>>> laptop
>>> using the product ID from the desktop?
>>
>> No, there is no download for Office X.
>>
>> The Product ID is given during the Setup Assistant process. The Product
>> ID
>> will look like this: 11111-130-0001111-12345). It is used to register
>> your
>> product for technical support which you are long past.
>>
>> The Product Key also called CD Key is on a yellow or bright orange
>> sticker
>> on the CD package. This is used to install Office.
>>
>> If you don't need Exchange you can get Office 2008 very reasonably.
>> $108.99
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>
>>
>> If you need Exchange support, I suggest getting the Special Media
>> edition.
>> It's actually cheaper right now than the standard. If you try to get the
>> upgrade edition it will require you to put in the old CD that you no
>> longer
>> have or have Office X installed.
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/45mygp>
>>
>> Standard $252. Special Media edition $208.
>>
>> Hope this helps!

0
CyberTaz
5/13/2009 9:11:09 PM
Joseph Piasek wrote:
> After creating and saving a chart (a line graph) within a word document , I
> cannot get back to the data to update the chart! Double clicking on the
> chart only opens windows to modify the look, not the data. Advice please!
>

> On 5/11/09 9:48 PM, in article C62E2372.21E1D%EntourageHelp@gmail.com,
> "Diane Ross" <EntourageHelp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 5/11/09 3:37 PM,  "dschray@officeformac.com" <dschray@officeformac.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I am switching from a desktop to laptop and want to transfer my office suite
>>> to the laptop. Unfortunately, I can't find my installation cd. I do have the
>>> product ID number. Is it possible to download the program onlne to my laptop
>>> using the product ID from the desktop?
>> No, there is no download for Office X.
>>
>> The Product ID is given during the Setup Assistant process. The Product ID
>> will look like this: 11111-130-0001111-12345). It is used to register your
>> product for technical support which you are long past.
>>
>> The Product Key also called CD Key is on a yellow or bright orange sticker
>> on the CD package. This is used to install Office.
>>
>> If you don't need Exchange you can get Office 2008 very reasonably. $108.99
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/4ydu2u>
>>
>> If you need Exchange support, I suggest getting the Special Media edition.
>> It's actually cheaper right now than the standard. If you try to get the
>> upgrade edition it will require you to put in the old CD that you no longer
>> have or have Office X installed.
>>
>> <http://tinyurl.com/45mygp>
>>
>> Standard $252. Special Media edition $208.
>>
>> Hope this helps!

Hi,

Right click on the border of the chart. From the pop-up menu choose Edit
in Excel.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

http://www.agentjim.com/MVP/welcome.htm
0
goldkey74 (611)

Installing Office Mac 2004
I've tried installing Office Mac 2004 onto a new computer and when I try to open any of the Office applications I get an "Upgrade Verification" box saying, "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of the software. To continue installation, click Browse, and then select the folder that contains the earlier version of the software (Microsoft Office 2001 folder, for example). The folder can be located on either your computer or the CD-ROM from which you originally installed the earlier version of the software." Again, this is a brand new iMac, so there shou...

Small Office & Homeworker entrepreneur resources
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit CYBER D - SHOPZONE Online resources dedicated to the SMALL OFFICE & HOMEWORKER entrepreneur Featuring the most complete selection of E-BOOKS, AFFILIATE PROGRAMS and HOME WORKER RESOURCES on the web today! Click Here To Visit Us Now <http://www.1stpromotion.com/pro2/prosite1/index.php?id=cyberd> --------------050603080908070505000909 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Tran...

Office for Mac 2008 and 2004
Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for the Mac is compatible with Access? Gail@officeformac.com <Gail@officeformac.com> wrote: > Why doesn't this product ever include Access? What Microsoft product for > the Mac is compatible with Access? Microsoft was rather late to the game with Access. By the time they developed it for Windows, FileMaker was so well-entrenched in the Mac market that Microsoft decided not to try and compete. So to answer your question: look into FileMaker Pro. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Fi...

transfering data between sheets
I need a formula that says something to the effect of: IF the value in H=1 THEN transfer said row to sheet 2 IF the value in H=2 THEN transfer said row to sheet 3 etc. I need all the information in the row to transfer, and have no idea how to do it. More info needed but a macro like with sheets("sheet2") lr=.cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 rows(range("h1")).copy .cells(lr,1) end with -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Parker Jones" <ParkerJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:566197...

Out of Office Assistant #15
I am running Office 2000. I am trying to turn the Out Of Office Assist on but when i go to tools menu and select OOOA, i get a message 'This command is unavailable, see program documentation on to use this extension'. We are running the MS Exchange Server information service within the profile and i have tried recreating the Outlook profile but i am still getting the same message. Can anyone help please? Thanks Laura ...

A problem occur after changing OFFICE from C: to D:
Considering my C:\ is nearly full, I unstall my office from C:\ and then install my Office to D:\ After this, OFFICE runs well except EXCEL has a warning messege when I open it. The problem is: When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: [Unable to find C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library\Analysis\ATPVBACS.XLA] 1. Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem? 2. If I don't solve this problem, what will be the result? Thanks! Martin 2007-07-04 > The problem is: > > When I open EXCEL, it jump up an alert messege: > [Unable to find C:\Program Fil...

transferring signatures and rules
I've transferred my oultook.pst from one PC to another. I got my email messages and calendar entries, but I've lost my rules and signatures. How may I get them? (I need to send the first machine in for hard-drive replacement, but I'd like to get the rules, signatures and anything else that I'd set up on Outlook transferred over to my new machine first. Apparently copying the PST file does not suffice.) FYI, I didn't store my PST file in Documents and SEttings\etc on the new nor old PC, but in c:\MyOwnPathForOutlookPSTFiles\ From: "Excel@shoenfeltconsulting.com&qu...

Transfer a Publisher file to Word
I have made of a front page for a book in Publisher and want to copy it to the front of a Word document. It consists of a border, background, text and a jpg photo. I cannot save it as a *.pub and transfer to Word, so I am resaving in 'JPEG File Interchange Format' and transferring it that way. It goes across successfully but the text prints hairy edged. Any suggestions? -- B.Collin Transfer the images as images and the text as text. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "B.Collin" <BCollin@discussion...

Office:mac2008 Home & Student edition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When installing Office:mac2008 Home & Student Edition (which I have purchased new) the installation went OK. However, when I try to open any of the programmes (e.g. word or powerpoint) I get a window titled Create an Office Identity. After completing this form, and I select the continue tab, nothing happens: consequently I cannot open any of the programs. I have re-installed this programme, but the result is still negative. Any advice wld be appreciated. On 9/12/09 4:56 AM, in article 59b7c479.-1@webcrossing.caR9a...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

Office 2007 Connection to SBS 2003 via PPTP
We have an SBS 2003 server. We have a number of PCs running Office 2007. One of them is a notebook. When the notebook is in the office, Outlook connects to the server as expected. When we take the notebook out of the office and attempt to connect Outlook to the server thru PPTP, Outlook reports "Trying to connect to Microsoft Exchange" and never gets any futher. No timeouts. No failures. No nothing. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? Configure Outlook to connect over the internet using https/rpc. If you run the connect to the internet wizard and enable this it ...

Annualized Budget for MS Office Accounting Express 2009
How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to compare actual results on an annual basis. There is a group for accounting, they may also cover "accounting express" asidman wrote: > How can I create a budget using MS Office Accounting Express and use it to > compare actual results on an annual basis. ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 11-24-09
I can no longer access Microsoft Outlook since having ran out of memory on the C:\ After deleting some and letting the disk clean up porgram delete some other files I now receive this error message. "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window" Can anyone help me please - Thank you By memory I guess you mean hard disk space. If you have less than 15% of free space you will run into other win problems - time for a new larger disk? Try Run outlook.exe /resetnavepane (note space between exe /) "Rita" <Rita@discussions.micro...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

License Question: clarification of "non-commercial use" for Office

transferring macros from one PC to Another
Hi, I have some macros on one PC. The machine is very slow and I want to format it. But I want to transfer all my macros to a CD or another PC. Please help me in doing that. Tell me how can I do it. Thanks Much Suman Suman, to move to another computer you can export a macro and save it, to do this from your workbook, right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is to the left of the "File" menu this will open the VBA editor, click on the module you want to save and go to file and export file, then save it to a CD or what ever you backup to, then import it to the...

Office X Upgrade
I have Office X installed on PowerBook G4 17". Entrouge says it is=20 version 10.1.4 but the rest of modules Word, Excel & Powerpoint say=20 their version is SR1. =20 Powerpoint does not display PowerPoint 97 documents properly and=20 Entrouge acts very funny with Exchange 5.5. e.g. I dont see the=20 Exchange address Book, I dont see some of Inbox folders but see some=20 others, I can not get my hotmail account details, my out mails go=20 through the outbox on my computer and I can not move them to the=20 Exchange outbox and many more. The whole thing is gone mad, or may be its me ...

Exchange 2003 hosting or Microsoft Office Outlook Live?
Hi all, I'm starting on new business with a colleague. We will both have laptops and are likely to be in and out of the office and may need to work during the evening at home sometimes. We are both from a larger company with Office Exchange servers and are used to sharing calendars and contacts etc and accessing and using our office mail from home. Given that we are starting up we do not want to spend much of money on IT so we were looking at going for one of the online exchange hosting services such as Datagate's (in the UK). The other option is Microsoft Office Outlook Liv...

Will my Office XP install on Windows 7?
I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. Will Office XP install on Windows 7? Yes it will, but Outlook will not retain account passwwords Office 2003 and later is fully compatible "glouces" <glouces@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8699F413-1E85-4CC3-BD05-856A8ECC578B@microsoft.com... >I have Office XP. I need a new computer and need Outlook and Access on it. > Will Office XP install on Windows 7? ...

Wish to sync Outlook on my two laptops, how do I do this?
I have just set up Outlook on another laptop which I will use in another residence. I would like to ensure that whatever work I do on one, will be in sync and kept on the other. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. (Assume that would also allow contacts to be shared between laptops). Thank you. www.slipstick.com for third party solutions "Rarefind2009" <Rarefind2009@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62FDC6FB-6C35-42CF-B59C-A5EFCC18F2EB@microsoft.com... >I have just set up Outlook on another laptop which I will use in anothe...

choosing language in Office 2004
I want to use the Spanish dictionary to spell check documents, but can't get it to work. I have selected Spanish in the dictionary selection area of spell check, but it still uses English. <br><br>The Help instructions keep sending me to "Language" on the Tools menu, but "Language" isn't there. I have also installed Office on another computer I use, and there's no problem there, but on my new Mac Mini, I can't get the Language feature to show up. In article <ee89db2.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, nospamplez@officeformac.com wrote: > I ...

Can't open Outlook (Office XP Pro)
When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst." Any ideas on how to fix this? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181523 "Bob" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01f401c39f84$1e104cb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open Outlook (Office XP Pro), I get the > following error message: "Can...

OFFICE 2003 OUTLOOK and ENTOURAGE
Who can help me How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... Thanks Patrice "Patrice LEFEBVRE" <patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:C812C86E.2AE%patrice.lefebvre@bluewin.ch... > Who can help me > > How may I get back all my messages downloaded with Outlook 2003 on my PC to > my new Mac with Entourage ?.... It seems just an awful battle ??... See if this helps: http://entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/win_mac.html -- Brian Tillma...

Finding Outlook Express mails and transferring to WLM
I am following the instructions in WLM on how to import mails from OE6. It claims not to find any mails on the saved OE-file. ( The location is a harddisk from a previously CPU-crasched PC. All other files appear OK). Have also checked that the files are not protected, and opened up hidden files. What is wrong? Do you have the folder with all of the OE dbx files? Move the folder to your hard drive to eliminate any permissions issues. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDF71428-851B-435...

Office OL 2007 - Vista
Office OL 2007 and Vista I received a warning (when I tried to create and save a new OL contact) that my pst file is too large. I was prevented from saving the new contact. I checked the pst size (in c:\users\me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook), and see that a hair over 1.9 GB (and FWIW, the Archive.pst is over 3.4 GB. I thought the default max size is 20GB. I tried finding the Registry entries for max file sizes, and thought they were located at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook , but navigating down there to Microsoft, there's only Sy...