the difference bewteen Student Version and Full version

Other than the price,
 whats the diff. between these 2 versions?
is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features
in word 2004 version?

0
jwhkan (1)

In article <1161537708.952063.91530@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 "jay" <jwhkan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Other than the price,
>  whats the diff. between these 2 versions?
> is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features
> in word 2004 version?

Hi Jay!

Basically, the price, yes. But also student versions are typically not
eligible for upgrades. That means if you buy Office 2004 now and want to
upgrade when the next version of Office is released you will either have
to buy another Student/Teacher version at full price (if you're still a
student or teacher) or pay the full price of the new version.

And, of course, the Student/Teacher version includes three license
codes. It will not include Virtual PC.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP - Mac/Windows)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 10/22/06 1:21 PM, in article

CyberTaz wrote:

> The only differences are in the licensing - the content of the package and
> the versions of the applications are the same. Only the Professional is
> different in that it includes Virtual PC 7. The subtle difference (a part of
> the license) is that the S/T package is typically *not* eligible for upgrade
> to future releases, but if you qualify it's always cheaper to repurchase the
> new S/T version anyhow.
>
> Regards |:>)
> Bob Jones
> [MVP] Office:Mac
>

> On 10/22/06 1:21 PM, in article
> 1161537708.952063.91530@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "jay"
> <jwhkan@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Other than the price,
>> whats the diff. between these 2 versions?
>>is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features
>>in word 2004 version?

I will be getting Star Office from Sun to run on WinXP on parallels

Hugh W
In article <OFuTWpi9GHA.4740@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>,
 Hugh Watkins <hugh.watkins@gmail.com> wrote:

> CyberTaz wrote:
>
> > The only differences are in the licensing - the content of the package and
> > the versions of the applications are the same. Only the Professional is
> > different in that it includes Virtual PC 7. The subtle difference (a part of
> > the license) is that the S/T package is typically *not* eligible for upgrade
> > to future releases, but if you qualify it's always cheaper to repurchase the
> > new S/T version anyhow.
> >
> > Regards |:>)
> > Bob Jones
> > [MVP] Office:Mac
> >

> > On 10/22/06 1:21 PM, in article
> > 1161537708.952063.91530@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "jay"
> > <jwhkan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Other than the price,
> >> whats the diff. between these 2 versions?
> >>is student version could open a wrod file normally, with all features
> >>in word 2004 version?
>
> I will be getting Star Office from Sun to run on WinXP on parallels
>
> Hugh W

Hugh -

You can also use NeoOffice as well.  This has all the features of Office
and  of Star Office and runs on both g5 and intel macs.

Fred.
0
not1184 (41)
10/30/2006 8:32:15 PM
Hi Fred:

On 31/10/06 7:32 AM, in article
not-5D1824.12321430102006@msnews.microsoft.com, "Fred" <not@here.com> wrote:

> You can also use NeoOffice as well.  This has all the features of Office
> and  of Star Office and runs on both g5 and intel macs.

People are dreaming of miracles if they think NeoOffice or Star Office have
"all the features of Office".  They just plain DON'T.

They MAY have all the features they need, but that's a very different
statement, and needs to be carefully tested.  The fact that NeoOffice can
make an attempt at opening a Word document does not mean it can edit one and
return it in a state acceptable to its originator :-)

All I'm saying here is that you need to carefully test the alternatives on
real-world documents of the kind you expect to be handling, before making
your purchase decision.

I can even think of one or two features *Office* doesn't have :-)  Whether
or not you need them is the question -- buying business software is a very
complex task, if you do it properly.  Approach it carefully, spend the time
to get it right, and you won't get any nasty surprises :-)

Cheers

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)

Have to scroll to see full list of attachments in Outlook 2007?
A colleague of mine keeps sending me HTML emails in Outlook with multiple attachments, but the full list of attachments does not appear all at once on the screen. There is a scroll bar on the FAR right next to the attachments, and you have to scroll down through the list of attachments to see all of the attachments (I can send a screen shot to better explain this). So for example, if an email has four attachments, I only see the first three on the screen, and then I have to scroll down to see the fourth attachment. This is very confusing as I can easily "miss" an attach...

Automatically filling in "full name" field
I would like to add the "fullname" field to the Contact form. Is there someway to make this field automatically fill in with the information from "firstname" + "middlename" + "lastname" + "suffix"? If this can be automatically filled in, could the field later be manually changed? You will find that if you add the fullname field to the form, it will be greyed out, you can't type into it. It will be populated after you create a new contact and enter the first and last names and save the contact. And it will change if you change the f...

more versions of .dbx file
I've noted this strange behaviour on my Windows XP SP3 domain client configured to use Outlook Express 6 to send and receive mail: many times in the last months the inbox folder was suddenly empty. Looking at the local oulook storage folder I can see many versions of the Inbox.dbx file: -inbox.dbx -inbox(1).dbx -inbox(2).dbx -inbox(3).dbx ..... If I delete the last inbox.dbx file and rename the previous version I can see all my inbound mails. I don't know why this happens and if is it any way to fix this issue. Thanks in advance. Ing. Cosimo MERCURO The Inboxes h...

Disable SMTP Version in Greeting
Hello All: Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can someone point me to a resource. Thanks "DOUG" <no@spam.com> wrote in news:eIuA1NA8DHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Is there an way to prevent Exchange 5.5 from disclosing SMTP > information, version etc during the initial handshake? If so, can > someone point me to a resource. You can modify it in Exchange 2000. For 5.5 I'd recommend either a third-party gateway product or a firewall. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange ...

Hyperlinks in 2003 version #3
My workplace just upgraded to Microsoft Office 2003. Can you insert a hyperlink to a pdf file, or does it just work for office files. I linked to a pdf file and it opens adobe for a split second then closes. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Thanks, Mike -- Cbravo212 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cbravo212's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25615 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390311 Try downloading some updates from Adobe's web site. I use 7.0 and experie...

Office versions
Hi there, Could anyone give me the difference between Office X for Mac and Office 2004 for Mac, teacher and student editions? I have the Office X version. Thanks. Doug Hi Doug - The list would be far too long to post here, but the 2 main distinctions - at least to my feeble mind - are: 1- Office 2004 is far more stable & reliable, and 2- Office X is no longer as current (supported) version. You might want to take a look at the Mactopia web site for what Office 2004 has to offer & compare to what you now have. The demo highlights many of the differences & you can still downloa...

set tab or enter keys to automatically move to different cells
I'm working with an invoice document that someone created on Excel 2003. It's a great document, but we want to program either the TAB key or the ENTER key to move to a different cell within the worksheet. Example: After typing the Date, enter automatically to Invoice Number, then enter automatically to Company Name, and so on. Is there a way to start at cell N1 ,then program the Enter key to automatically go to cell N7 after that, then C9 after that and so on. Any information is GREATLY appreciated! You won't be able to move in the order you quoted in your post, but yo...

sending mail to different people
How can I send a message with an attachment and selectively select who should receive the message and the attachment and who should receive only the message but no attachment? This is very usual when some people are traveling and check their e-mail through slow connections. Any help is appreciated. Luis >How can I send a message with an attachment and >selectively select who should receive the message and the >attachment and who should receive only the message but no >attachment? You can't. You can approximate this behavior, though. After composing the message but ...

different footer for each page on one worksheet
Hello: I have a workbook with one worksheet. The one worksheet is 240 rows and prints on 7 pages. From a format perspective, each page is identical; however, each page represents a different entity and thereby has a different name and #s in it. How can I make each printed pages footer include the unique name of each entity? Thanks! You could make each page a separate worksheet within the workbook, but still print them together by selecting all the worksheets (right-click on any one of them). By having seven worksheets, you can make the name and numbers unique to each one. To create the six...

Windows Live Messeger latest version login interface
After install the username and password fields are grayed out so i'm not able to enter anything in those fields. Have Windows7 professional on a Fujitsu-Siemens U9200 Laptop. Greetings Kris, Could you supply a screenshot? That may yield some clues from exactly what you're seeing. -- Jonathan Kay Microsoft MVP - Windows Live Messenger MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger MessengerGeek Blog: http://www.messengergeek.com Messenger Resources: http://messenger.jonathankay.com (c) 2009 Jonathan Kay - If redistributing, you must include this signature or citation -- "...

Read data from cells in different worksheets
Hi! I have a problem with my VBA code when I try to read values from cells in two different worksheets. When I run the macro the program tells me that I=B4m out of bound. But everything works when I save the data in the same worksheet. How shold I write the code so that this simple thing could work? The data should be read when the user makes a buttonlick and then it will be used later on. The code is simple like this: Public Sub Button1_Click() A =3D Worksheets("Page1").Range("N8").Value B =3D Worksheets("Page2").Range("I8").Value I want to save the ...

Different style in Word Art between Excel 2003 in PC and 2008 in Mac

Full file path in the header / footer
Hi, I have just started to use Visio 2003 but I am unable to insert the full path name to the drawing. I go to View->Header and Footer but there are no options for full pathname. Only filename can be inserted? The file is on a network drive so would like its ful path displayed so I know where to find it later! I would be grateful if someone could tell me how I could do this. Many thanks Paul Headers/Footers are slightly different than H/F in other MS products. Headers/Footers were added to Visio to address a specific problem (printing a large drawing over multiple pages and bein...

Any new version coming out?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3205250761_1028060 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi, Is there any news about a total update to Office 2004 for Mac?? Thanks. Frank --B_3205250761_1028060 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Any new version coming out?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT FACE=3D"Comic Sans...

how to add numbers from different areas in chart and importing forms from word
can someone tell me how to add numbers from different places in a chart i.e. lets say 10 numbers are in different places and I need the tota of these ten- is there a way of obtaining this by selecting the without putting in all the numbers separately somewhere to arrive at total. Can a table be imported from word into excel. i.e a multi row tabl with 2 o r 3columns and it visually will look like its in normal vie word but in excel. can someone tell me -- carol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- carole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

Different queries in different worksheets
Hi everyone! Got a tough one - for me, that is. I have a workbook that has two worksheets in it - Summary and Detail. The data I want to put in each is related, but different. Is it possible to have a query that pulls in external data for my Summary worksheet and another different query for my Detail worksheet? I can put one query in, but when I switch worksheets, I don't seem to get the option to put in a different one leading me to believe that a workbook can only have one query. Any help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! SJ Hi Simon, I'm assuming you are...

You must install the new version of the exchange administration to
Hi, I'm using Windows 2000 with Exch 5.5. ADC wasn't installed in this enviornment before, I just installed it for less administration. ADC installation and configuration went just fine with no errors. However, now when I go to the users properties and try to see the exchange tabs or try to creat an email address it gives me an error. " Your exchange system was upgraded to a newer version" "You must install the new version of the exchange administration tool" If Its looking for E2k's admin tools, then its dumb cause obviously i don't have it, otherwis...

"search" a different sheet with multiple criteria
I would like to know if its possible to use a formula like VLOOKUP using more than one criteria in Excel 2007? For example, say I have Sheet 1 that includes A :: B :: C :: D BUS 280 :: SU2009 :: online :: Art BUS 340 :: FA2009 :: online :: Mike MGT 240 :: FA2009 :: hybrid :: Steve MKG 344 :: SP2010 :: online :: Terrance MKG 401 :: SU2009 :: online :: Art On Sheet 2, I want to have three drop down boxes in A1, B1, and C1, so the user can select the criteria on which to search. (A1---Choose a course ID, B1---Choose a first run date,...

How-to upgrade the trial version of MS Money Plus deluxe?
After upgrading to the full version of MM+ deluxe, both Money and Insight can't start - "Money has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify your if a solution is available"´. Anyone seen this before or has a pointer where I should check? I have re-installed after [de-installing, restarting, shutting down One-Live-Care and installing]. Same result. My system is: Dell XPS 1710, runs Vista Ultimate (US-EN), German Keyboard, OneLive care, IE8, 2GB RAM -- Daniel Kutchin In microsoft.publ...

Exchange 2003 Full Text Indexing via a web based search page?
I am attempting to locate a web based search page that I can use with an Exchange 2003 full text index. Has anyone come across something like this? Thank you in advance. Sam OWA has a "Find" page that will leverage a Full-Text Index if one exists. Is that what you are looking for? --Chris ============================================================================ ==== This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. Please d...

Version 3.0c with Update Rollup 2
Hi all According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927751/en-us the updated files in the CRM client with Update Rollup 2 should have a datestamp of 15-Mar-2007. I have been testing deployment of the rollup on a PC which initially had the "compatibility update" version of the client installed (CRM_V3C_CLIENT.ISO) and the updated files have a datestamp of 1-Jun-2007. Is this normal? Thanks - Adam PS The file version of the updated files is 3.0.5300.1558, as expected. ...

Can't activate trial version #2
I ordered a trial version and I've tried 3 times to activate it and I keep getting the error message that I used the wrong product key to install it. I double checked it 3 times. HELP! ...

How do I open a file with "too many different cell formats" messa.
I was recently sent a large excel file with several linked spreadsheets. I inserted one column of a simple formula (converting monthly to bi-weekly rates) and printed the results. I saved it as a 97-2000 workbook (extension ..xls). When I try to retrieve it now, the message "too many different cell formats" flashed on the screen and the file does not open. How can I get it to open and what should I do once it is open (assuming it can be done) to prevent it from happening again? Hi for dealing with too many cell formats have a look at the following KB article http://support...

How do I read Pub XP version on Pub 2000 version?
I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publisher for Windows XP and would like to open it on my husbands computer shere he works to access his colored laser printer. He has Windows 98 and MS Publisher 2000. Tried but box ays "publisher cannot open in different version". You need to do a "Save As" and save it as a Pub 2000 file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "skibbydo" <skibbydo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D35BC07-C38B-404D-A7B8-69E1D7BB3721@microsoft.com... >I have created a 7 page newsletter on MS Publi...

How do I get hyperlinks, from previous version of excel, to work .
Since I have upgraded to a new computer, and Excel 2003, I cannot get my existing hyperlinks to work. Additionally, I can create hyperlinks, but when I click on them, I get a message that states that the specified file cannot be opened. ...