Temporary files (directory files?) all over hard drive

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
stickman67

pst files #12
I just read that pst files should only be stored on the user's hard drive and not on a network drive. Does it make a difference if the network drive is a mapped drive? Mary Gudobba wrote: > I just read that pst files should only be stored on the user's hard > drive and not on a network drive. Does it make a difference if the > network drive is a mapped drive? You can certainly store a /backup/ copy of your pst file on a nretwork drive: - the theory about storing pst files that are in use is that Outlook requires read/write access to the file and if the network connec...

Opening excel files
Hi We have a problem that when a user opens up a file from the desktop or toolbar he gets an error message unable to open file or one of its components. Yet if he opens excel then opens the file from within excel the file open OK. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Shona Go to Tools > Options > General (tab) and make sure "Ignore other applications" is not checked. Other possibility... Go to Start > Run and type in this command: Excel /regserver (note - there is a space before the forward slash) If you receive an error, you may need to browse to Excel.exe and incl...

file deletion in money 2003, windows xp home
Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted or are they securely deleted by wiping? -- mel They're just deleted. -- "mel" <mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:84BCCE6A-643D-4742-97ED-2D7B29F0636F@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how money handles file deletions, are they just deleted > or > are they securely deleted by wiping? > > -- > mel ...

Reference constant cells in different files from a master workbook
We need to have master spreadsheets that summarize value from different sets of identical excel spreadsheets. We have a multi-tab template spreadsheet that gets filled in with the data for each shipment and saved. The layout is exactly the same for each shipment and only item serial numbers change. We then generate another summary spreadsheet report periodically that consolidates the serial items and numbers from the individual shipments. Right now we are just pasting the serial numbers from the individual shipment spreadsheets into the summary spreadsheet. I know I can refe...

Cannot delete word file
Using Word 2007. I have a .doc (old style) file that I have been editing and it got caught in a quick power blip, but enough of one to cause my Windows 2007 system to reboot. Suprisingly Word 2007 recovered the text when I opened the program. I immediately attempted to save the document but Word would not do so and I was forced to save the document under a new name. After exiting Word, I attempted to delete the old document, but that failed with a message that the file was still open in Word. It was not. Even after a reboot I was unable to delete the file never having opened Wor...

Corrupt PST file
Hello, Is there anyway to "un" corrupt a PST file? Thank you! In article <e9C00tYRDHA.2408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, jdaw@stantonstreetgroup.com says... > Hello, > > Is there anyway to "un" corrupt a PST file? > > Thank you! > > > Run scanpst.exe -- (I may be wrong...I usually am....) Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Run the repair file scanpst.exe against the pst file You can run a search on your C drive and should be able to find it. Good Luck >-----Original Message-...

Outlook File Attachment Based on Contact Name
I'm an Access developer and have limited experience with Outlook development, so hoping someone can help here. I'll Try to explain this as best as I can. When the client selects a a contact to send a message to, I need all information pertaining to that client to be displayed in the e-mail or as a file attachment. The information will come from an outside file that will be generated from a database. I thought of a few possible ways of doing this but I'm really not to familiar with Outlook, so if anyone has better suggestions, I'd love to hear them. First I thought if ...

Output data to file in Fortran 6F10.3 format
I'm a new to writing Excel macros and have hit a bit of a wall. I'm using Excel to pre-process data for an old Fortran Application. I requires a .dat file containing a preamble and then data in a 6F10. format. The Excel data I want to write to the file is formatted as Number wit 3 decimals (+ or -). I have a macro that creates the file and preamble I can read all the data, but I'm having trouble getting the 6 column of F10.3 to format properly. The blank spaces are 'space' (Chr32). Th negative sign is left of the most significant figure, not to the lef of the field. A...

GP 9.0 Integration Manager sample case files
Can anyone help me get my hands on the sample data for the case labs? I was able to download the manual (from Microsoft Dynamics PartnerSource – Home – Training Materials – MBS Training & Certifications Link is https://mbs.microsoft.com/CMS/Templates/site/DLPP.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7b4C1D48FA-4A70-4F7F-8A28-1D1C8B2F149D%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fpartnersource%2fcommunities%2ftraining%2ftrainingmaterials%2fstudent&NRCACHEHINT=Guest) but no one can figure out how to get the sample data. If I can't download it, do you know if I buy the Instructor Manual, would I ...

word/excel file in public folder can't access via owa2003?
Hi, I have directly placed some word/excel files into a PF and can open them fine in outlook2003. In OWA2003 however i get a HTTP 403 (Forbidden) error "You are not authorized to view this page" Has anyone come accross this before and is there a resolution for this, except from "right click save the file to local"? Many thanks! P.S. Exch2003sp1 in FE+BE settings, both on w2k3 server (no sp). It is blocked by the urlscan.ini. See the below link: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823175 Cheers, Raymond "Leemutpo" wrote: > Hi, ...

Microsoft 2000 saving a file
I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either receive one of two messages. (1) Word cannot continue the save do to a file permission error or (2) file or directory cannot be created. I can save to the hard drive not to the traveldrive. HELP Sure doesn't sound like a Microsoft Access Database issue. HTH -- -Larry- -- "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5F7576EA-1F48-45F7-BCF7-39F7BE5954FC@microsoft.com... > I cannot save a file to my E: drive or portable thumb drive. I either > receive one of two messages. (1...

Custom Entity
Hi, I have a custom entity and I need the ability to be able to input a file location on a server and make it link to that file. Is it possible to have links to file in a custom entity? P.S. (CRM 4.0) Regards Ian The only method to attach file to CRM records using customization is by using notes. If you want to have a file upload box on the entity form you will have to create a custom aspx page which handles the file upload and retrieval. This page can be integrated into the entity form using an IFrame. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) CRM/.NET Consultant Aviva IT Tools for CRM Dev...

Byte[] and File
Hello, I am saving some data on a XML file (txt, jpg, ...) in byte[] format along with other information. To avoid having a XML file to big can I create individual files for that data? I mean, when I insert some binary data on the XML file that data, whatever it will be, would be saved in a file. Then when I retrieve that node on the XML file I will get the byte[] data from the individual file associated with that node. I could have a Key value (Guid) on each node of XML file to reference that individual file which filename could also be that Guid value. And what would be this...

directory service mailbox
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - how do you open the directory service mailbox? Mine is recording 82 meg with 12,000+ messages. My directory replication has stopped and a queue article said to remove the messages but did not really explain how to open the mailbox. Can someone help me out with this? Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 sp4 - how do you open the directory service mailbox? Mine is >recording 82 meg with 12,000+ messages. My directory replication has >stopped and a queue article said to remove the messa...

Outllook 2002 pst. data file retrieval problem
I was backing up my data file and when I returned to outlook all my emails for the past week had disappeared. I then went to open the pst. file and it won't let me open it - I am advised to go to the microsoft website (useless) or use another program to open it - none of which work. does anyone know how i can retrieve the lost emails or get into the pst. data file? Thanks, Katie Where did you store the backup? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my perso...

Money 2004-unable to export OFC file upon installation of Money2004 Deluxe
We have used a trial version of Money 2004 and were able to export our bank's account information into an hbexport.ofc file prior to importing it into our Money program. Since installing Money 2004 Deluxe since our trial version ended we have not been able to save the exported OFC file. We will submit the export history information as usual, but then a dialog box flashes rapidly on the screen and closes before we can tell the program where to save the file to be imported into our money program. We believe it is a changed configuration problem, but haven't been able to correct the di...

Corrupted PST file
situation as follows; 1. from notebook, copied PST file to CD (using Nero) 2. open PST at home PC, using open PST file...; error msg "not valid PST file" 3. use scanpst.exe utility ... same msg "not valid PST valid" 4. tried import command in Outlook... same msg "not valid PST valid" what gives? TMT You either burned the data too fast (PST files don't like to be burned above 4x) and/or you didn't check the option to remove the ";1" from the file names in Nero's options dialog. -- Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account w...

xls file blown up?
Hi, I have an xls file that has become very large. When I saved the file 2003-12-09 it was approx 350KB. When I saved it the 10th it was over 3MB. I have NOT added anything put a small amount of text and numbers to the file between those two dates. Does anyone know if it is possible to shrunk the file again? Regards, Tobbe G�rdner Hi Try to save it to another name (Save As) -- (When sending e-mail, use address arvil@tarkon.ee) Arvi Laanemets "Tobias G�rdner" <tobias.gardner@ericsson.com> wrote in message news:br94fj$ofv$1@newstree.wise.edt.ericsson.se... > Hi, &g...

Importing text files with mathematical characters
I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quantity of something.) Excel will not allow these characters as it thinks they are mathematical. Is there any way of stopping this happening? Thanks in advance "The Beckster" <The Beckster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07D6533B-0C29-4287-9ECE-A337DE39DB8D@microsoft.com... > I am importing text files to Excel and they contain mathematical operators as > part of the data. (For example "++" to denote a quant...

jpeg files in excel
I bought a new computer and now when I click on a hyperlink to a jpg file it opens in MSIE. I prefer the way it worked on my old computer where the file was opened by Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. How can i change this? Thanks Andre wines@sasktel.net Andre kind of Off Topic ? Ah well. If you are using XP, go to Explorer and select Tools | Folder Opions... | File Types tab | select the .JPG extension in the list of "Registered file types" and in the "Details for" section Change the file it is opened with. You should get a list of programs with the recommended p...

Adding phone numbers thru a CSV file
Is it possible to add all my organizations phone numbers through a CSV file? I keep getting errors when I try it and it is getting frustrating. Please help - running Exchange 5.5. Andres "Andres Perales" <andres@andresperales.com> wrote: >Is it possible to add all my organizations phone numbers through a CSV file? Yes. >I keep getting errors when I try it and it is getting frustrating. Please >help - running Exchange 5.5. What sort of errors? Can you post the header record and a couple of rows of data from that file? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP M...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

Single File/Filegroup Restore Failing
I'm missing something here but haven't figured it out so, I could use some help. I have a test database (TestDB1) with four filegroups, each filegroup has just one file. If I take full backups of the primary and remaing filegroups and then restore as another database with different name (TestDB2), that works. Here's the problem: I insert new data in TestDB1 ... one row added to filegroup #2, for example ... and then take a diff' backup of filegroup #2 and then a log backup. Now, I have a full, diff, and log backup of filegroup #2 of which when I go to resto...

Excel VBA: Reading data from HTML-file
Hi I have several cases, where I need to read some data from client table (delivery prognoses), and create a text file based on those data. For every such project, I create an Excel table where some parameters are defined, and a macro is started, which asks for source file, opens it, reads data, creates or opens a text file, and writes a new table into it. So long I had Excel, text, or SCV files as source data, and Office 2000 on all users computers, and there were no serious problems fith reading data in. Now 2 major changes occurred. In some computers, Excel 2007 is insta...

restoring system data from external HD .bkf files
Hello My OS is Windows XP Media edition 2005. I recently reformatted my HD and now I am trying to restore my Office Outlook files (.pst) plus system settings. I have been only able to access personal files and folders. I really need the ..pst files. When I run the backup - restore wizard the check marks appear on the two "C" drives, out of 14,471 MB on the external HD, only about 350 MB are restored, the field "processed" reads "0" How can I restore the rest of my system from the external HD? Thanks -- Zubenelshamali On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:53:4...