Student Office for Mac Woes.....

First, thanks in advance to all those who help

Next, I must admit, Mac is TOTALLY different. I'm being straight forward
about this, Mac is tough for me to get use to in order to help my daughter
since I'm so use to Windows etc.

We installed Student Office for Mac in her new laptop she bought last week
for college. We did NOT uninstall the Demo, thanks to M$ being so inept by
not providing a pop up warning of some sort during install.

What must we do now? She installed her college Student Office for Mac, used
it before she learned about the required deletion of the Demo version?

Also, my daughter put Word etc into the trash thinking this deleted the
program,  but she did NOT empty the trash yet. Am I correct that we should
restore these files and do an uninstall somehow?  Another item which I'm not
familiar with being an old dos person from the cave man days.....  how do
you do a multiple restore from the Trash?

Thanks

On 9/1/07 2:45 PM, in article jamdnRs6uuD7QETbnZ2dnUVZ_o-mnZ2d@adelphia.com,
"Rich" <Youmustguess@forgettit.com> wrote:

> Next, I must admit, Mac is TOTALLY different. I'm being straight forward
> about this, Mac is tough for me to get use to in order to help my daughter
> since I'm so use to Windows etc.

I'm totally lost in the Windows environment so I understand.

> We installed Student Office for Mac in her new laptop she bought last week
> for college. We did NOT uninstall the Demo, thanks to M$ being so inept by
> not providing a pop up warning of some sort during install.

The test drive should be renamed nightmare from MS.  :-)

> What must we do now? She installed her college Student Office for Mac, used
> it before she learned about the required deletion of the Demo version?
>
> Also, my daughter put Word etc into the trash thinking this deleted the
> program,  but she did NOT empty the trash yet. Am I correct that we should
> restore these files and do an uninstall somehow?  Another item which I'm not
> familiar with being an old dos person from the cave man days.....  how do
> you do a multiple restore from the Trash?

You'll need to use "Remove Office" so don't worry about the trash. You'll be
installing everything again. For help removing the demo see this page:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/demo.html>

Items in the trash can be dragged back to their original location. No
restore needed.

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

office publisher #3
ola gostaria de saber como passar um texto do office publicher para word. http://office.microsoft.com/pt-br/publisher/FX100649121046.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "moshe" <moshe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02509527-47BE-4F29-8494-232CC5A13AF3@microsoft.com... > ola gostaria de saber como passar um texto do office publicher para word. ...

Import saved (Office Data File)
When I reinstalled Outlook I saved my Contacts to a Office Data File, how do I import them back into My Outlook? Thanks for any Help...Bob You never import a native outlook data file. In Outlook, = File->Open->Outlook Data File. Copy what you want to your current = default .pst file and close the old one when you are done. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bob Vance asked: | When I reinstalled Outlo...

OFFICE MAC 2008 and Language Interface Pack

New office
Hi, When is a new Office due out? Frank In article <C2BCBAF3.93E%fjs0808@gmail.com>, Dr. Frank Stefanec <fjs0808@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > When is a new Office due out? Microsoft Mac Business Unit has publicly said things like "end of 2007" Have a look at the blogs at http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo and form your own opinion. -- To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$ PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810 E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248 ...

Versions of Office products
Hi all, I am trying to find versions each of the products of Office for Mac. Like the versions of the following : Office 98 for Macintosh Microsoft Excel 98 for Macintosh Word 98 for Macintosh Microsoft PowerPoint 98 for Macintosh Microsoft Excel X for Macintosh Microsoft PowerPoint X for Macintosh Office X for Macintosh Microsoft Excel 2001 for Macintosh Office 2001 for Macintosh Word 2001 for Macintosh Word X for Macintosh The version would be found on Help--> About XXXXX. The version number could be: a.b.ccc(major.minor.build). I would not be able to install the products. So reques...

Office 2003 Excel calculation is slow?
Using Win XP Pro and Office Professional 2003. When calculating a large macro driven linked workbook on the network server - the calculation is very slow. When I sign on with my roaming profile and calculate the same workbook - using Office Standard, the calculation is very fast? Any thoughts or recommendations? Anyone ?? "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:uYVKBZEJHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Using Win XP Pro and Office Professional 2003. > > When calculating a large macro driven linked workbook on the network > serv...

mircosoft office clip art
I can't seem to download any clip art off the new site. I guess you are supposed to be able to right click and then chose copy, there is no copy choice for me. Can't click and drag either. Help! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jeanne <neecol@twcny.rr.com>... > I can't seem to download any clip art off the new site. I > guess you are supposed to be able to right click and then > chose copy, there is no copy choice for me. Can't click > and drag either. Check the box, and then when you're finished, go to ...

Opening Excel files that were created on a Mac in Windows
The other day I tried to open an excel file that I had created on my mac on a Windows computer. When I went to do this all of the formatting I had done on the Mac was lost and everything was set to the Windows Default. I had the font, sizing, and placement of everything different and it all went back to the Windows Default format. Does anyone know how to get around this?? So for when I send an Excel file I created on my Mac to a Windows computer it LOOKS exactly the same as far as formatting. Thanks Neil What format are you saving it in on the Mac? It should be "Excel Workbook"...

Gradebook woes
As Eeyore says, "here we go" I am implementing a gradebook with excel. How can I three assignments weighted differently and still give me an average in one cell? I also would like to have columns open to add assignments and to have those assignments automatically pick up the formula for the average. My problem now is that I cannot get an average as I go along. All of the Internet sites have gradebooks that are complete with all the grades and everything but I would like to add them as they are assigned. Is there a formula that would state "If J5 is empty, do not inc...

Out of Office Assistant #11
Is it possible to prevent the Out of Office Assistant within Outlook 2000 from replying to certain email addresses? yes just set a rule up that tells it not to >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to prevent the Out of Office Assistant >within Outlook 2000 from replying to certain email >addresses? >. > ...

Office 2007 With Frontpage
Bought new pc ready loaded with above 3 years ago from supplier no longer trading. Getting message saying Office sold to corporate owner, now about to stop working. Son in middle of GCSE coursework - what can i do please. URGENT Its a legal copy but appears with a limited lifespan. If its a volume License its not a legal copy, which is why you are getting the msgs from 'Genuine Advantage' You would need to uninstall Office, then purchase a version that suits your needs eg Office Home & Student? "Vix H" <Vix H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Moving tool/format bar on Mac word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, folks. I had a little Mac in the '90s and loved it, then went to PC for a while, and now I just got a new iMac. While some things are great, there are certain things on the current Word 08 that seem a step backward - or maybe I just don't know how to do them right. I would love your help on two things. I'm a novelist and I do a lot of typing. 1. When I'm working in word and I want to bold something, cut and paste, or anything else, I have to drag my mouse all the way across the screen to the left hand corner...I real...

Installing Office 2000 Pro
I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I want to install my Office 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version. I have the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't install Office 2000. How can i work around this since I really need this. -- Fran Fran wrote: > I just bought a new computer with Windows 7. I want to install my Office > 2000, but it was purchased as an upgrade to an even older version. I have > the registration code, but without a office piece already installed, it won't > insta...

Revert to Office 2004
I acquired Office 2008 for my Imac and have been dissapointed with its inability to handle my Macros. If I am able to obtain a full retail version of Office Mac 2004 is there any problem in installing and using it? -- Michael Q On 6/30/09 2:16 PM, in article 883C304D-DD9D-4260-952A-230572B0DB21@microsoft.com, "Michael Q" <Quincon@tnet.com.aunilspam> wrote: > I acquired Office 2008 for my Imac and have been dissapointed with its > inability to handle my Macros. > If I am able to obtain a full retail version of Office Mac 2004 is there any > problem in instal...

Tip of the Day woes
I added the Tip of the Day component to my project. Easy enough. I run the project and the tip of the day dialog comes up and then completely greys itself out. There is nothing in the OnPaint handler to do this so I am completely stumped. Does anybody have any ideas..... Dominic ...

upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office
Is there an upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office? I'm a licensed Word 10/XP user and am planning to switch from Windows to a MAC. Thanks, Kyle Kyle, There is no upgrade path from Windows to Macintosh versions of Office, nor from Macintosh to Windows. The most current version of Office for Macintosh is Office X. If you purchase Office X now, you will be entitled to Office 2004 for free when it is released later this year. This is called the "Technology Guarantee". You can find more information about it at the following web address: Technology Guarantee http://...

Office versions
I have Microsoft Office 2003. Will the 2007 version of publisher work on my computer??? -- Claudine Yes but you will not be able to create a file then email it within Publisher. You need matching versions of Publisher and Outlook/Outlook Express. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "cmontes" <cmontes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F470B7BB-578D-4A18-B042-35CA50FE0B0E@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office 2003. Will the 2007 version of publisher work on >my > com...

Uninstalling ALL Office products
We had 2003 and 2000 running on one computer fine. Then, one day last month 2003 stopped working properly. So, we uninstalled it, and then 2000 stopped working properly. We can not find the disks for the 2003 programs, but I have the disks for 2000. I need to totally uninstall ALL Office products and updates, and start over again. How do I uninstall Word, Excel, and PowerPoint? I don't want to lose Outlook. See the reply to your previous post of the same question. Posting the same message every 10 minutes does not make responses any quicker or any better. Be patien...

PDF Maker not working in Office 2004
I have tried the PDF maker in Word and Excel 2004 and it seems to be = very=20 slow and the status bar stops about 1/4" short of being "done" and will = go=20 no further. I don't want to use the Print PDF file in the print = fucction as the=20 master digital file output can be several times larger than the input. Any ideas? Adobe Acrobat 6.2 Pro just says go to the PDF maker in the=20 word/excel application when you try to open a word document to PDF it. John Wiles <jwiles@nmsu.edu> wrote: > I have tried the PDF maker in Word and Excel 2004 and it seems to be v...

Compatibility between Excel 2003 and 2008 (Windows & Mac)
My company uses both Macs and PCs and there is a need to use Shared Workbooks. We have come across a few issues with doing so: Data loss (2008 & 2003), unable to save over existing file(2008), and out of memory (2008). The issue does not always occur, but occurs more often than not. The most prevalent issue is not being able to save over the existing file. I have instructed my users to Save As, and then rename the file as a workaround. I have not been able to provide any support to them for data loss or for the memory issue. Many times they will lose multiple hours worth of wo...

Charts in 2007
I just did my first charts using Access 2007 and was very disappointed to see that Access 2007 does not have the same chart engine (graphic standards etc) as Excel 2007 ? Am I missing something here or should Access 2007 still have the old Office 97 style charts ? Thanks Hi Andre, you can manipulate the chart object the same way in Access as you do in Excel -- the right mouse button will be your best friend! The real trick to getting what you want on the chart, though, is to modify the RecordSource yourself -- I always change what the wizard does... Warm Rega...

Can't find Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' dll
Hi, I am new to sharepoint. We only have WSS 3.0 at work; we don't have MOSS yet. I am trying to work with VS2008 to do workflow (perhaps more later). I installed VS2008 on our server that runs WSS. I was able to start a sharepoint workflow project using the VS2008 template. I did get that first screen you get with the canvas and the "onworkflowactivated" component. When I tried to run the workflow I got messages telling me that the project couldn't find 'Microsoft.Office.Workflow.Tasks' could not be found. I tried including that dll in the using...

Payee Name Woes
In trying to figure out why I had so many payee name mis-matches I deleted all my payees and started over. However all the old "User Altered Payee Name" to "Payee Name Variations" still seem to be there though I have no way to see what they are. For instance I transactions as "Subway" in the register, but no longer listed as a Payee. If I look at the "Preferred Payee Name" screen that shows the known matchups from the "Payee Rules Manager", nothing is listed. I then download and accept a transaction for "Subway". 1st, off, i...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

is there a downloadable TRIAL of Office 2008?
I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for home use without a trial. Would iWork 08 be just as good for my imac? <br><br>Thanks In article <ee89192.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, poopsie@officeformac.com wrote: > I can't seem to find a trial of this package. I am unwilling to buy even for > home use without a trial. There are rumors that a downloadable trial version may be available "shortly", though that hasn't been confirmed anywhere that I can find. Check back at MacTopia.com occasionally. In article &l...