Spanish proofing tools

The Spanish section at my institution is looking to enhance the
Spanish proofing tools for Office X (for Mac OS X).  The localized
English version that we have can check spelling but cannot check
grammar and does not have a dictionary or thesaurus for Spanish.  For
those of you with OS X, what solutions have you found for providing
these tools?  Is purchasing the localized Spanish version of Office
the only route?  I'm wondering if there are less expensive options or
other solutions you have discovered.

Thanks
0
mconner (1)

micon <mconner@gac.edu> wrote:

> The Spanish section at my institution is looking to enhance the
> Spanish proofing tools for Office X (for Mac OS X).  The localized
> English version that we have can check spelling but cannot check
> grammar and does not have a dictionary or thesaurus for Spanish.

No matter what version of Office you use (or what localization). I don;t
think you'll find what you need.
Office only comes with an English dictionary (no other language) and the
grammar tools are simply not available even as an option.
Unfortunately, I don;t quite see what you can do. You'll probably need
to use a thrid party software for grammar proofing and for the
dictionary :-\

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Tools -> Rules and Alert issue
I'm Using MS Outlook 2007. I setup different 'Rules' from Tools -> Rules and Alert -> 'New Rule' to transfer different types of message to different folders (based on either specific person domain name or specific word in the subject etc.). But the 'Rule' does not automatically work unless I click 'Run Rules Now' or check the box in 'Run this Rule.. <Rule name>' to run in manually. How do I make this Rules effective 'Automatically' (without my manual interaction) to Run the Rule ...? -niladri What type of ma...

exchange update tool doesnt work
Hello everybody . i ran the exchange update tool using the Msextmzcfg.exe but it had no effect on my users. i checked that those users were in the Mailbox_1.txt files and they are but still their calendars were not changed. ( i set the tool to modify only recurring appointments. Users' appointments are still one hour off. Helpp!! i dont know what else to do. Here is the order of my updates: ( i followed the article preparing for daylight savings time ) 1updated Win servers (all 2003) KB931836 2updated OS workstations KB 931836 3updated Exchange server DST update KB92666...

Find tool does not show modified contacts
Hello, I have an issue for you. Everytime a delegate updates a contact (actualy makes a change and saves) on the delegated contacts folder, afterwards, the "Find" tool in Outlook is unable to find said contact. The contact is still there, when viewing the folder and scrolling through them. Using Exchange Server 2007 and Outlook 2003 on the client. What can i do to stop the contacts from vanishing? Any help is welcome... Best regards. ...

Is Publisher the right tool for my book?
I want to write a beginning piano method. It will have a lot of graphics. Most of them will be examples of music from a few bars, to scales, to complete pieces. I will be creating the music in a notation program called Mozart. I am also creating some line art (keyboards, circle of fifths, etc.). I am currently using Visio for that. Both Mozart and Visio can export images in a variety of formats. I am currently using EMF. I have a good start on this using Word (2000). I have used Word for a long time and am fairly familiar with it. I am having some trouble managing the graphics. Someone sugg...

How do I add accents to Spanish words?
I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Hi, Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � Regards Leif "syssupspe" <syssupspe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:707F012F-3607-4F01-AAE8-999EC22B06B5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add accents to Spanish words. Any suggestions. Thanks Leif What is AltGr? Thanks, Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 14:01:19 GMT, "Leif" <leifhy@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Use AltGr+the accent (~), release AltGr, press n and you get � >Regards &...

SK Hand Tool 92141 3/4-Inch Drive ProGun Impact Wrench
Price:$699.99 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000IJNRIU Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000IJNRIU 3/4" Drive Pro-Gun Impact Wrench TWIN-HAMMER mechanism provides more power and smooth balanced blows. COMPOSITE pistol style housing provides superior comfort from its strong, lightweight, even balanced and compact profile. Ergonomic soft grip provides firm comfortable holding for long periods of time. Handle exhaust directs air away from workpiece and operator. Energy efficient motor for maximum performance & long life. ...

Yikes! I deleted Tools/Customize! Now what?!
Dear Folks, I inadvertently deleted the Customize...entry in the Tools menu! Any suggestions on how to get it back? Many thanks, Tom There are fortunately many other ways to access the Customize dialog. The easiest (to me) is to double-click any empty area of any toolbar. If you don't have empty space, right-click on any toolbar (or the Menu Bar) and choose Customize... In the Customize dialog (Commands tab) scroll down to Built-in Menus in the Categories list. Select Tools in the Commands list and drag it to the Menu Bar. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsof...

Tools bar
I found my tools bar. It was hidden. However, the file "excel.xlb" dated back in 11/05/2001. I made some changes on the tools bar in 12/06 (added in macro, removed the unused ones....). Should the file be dated in 2006 rather than 2001? When I clicked on the excel.xlb above, all my new changes in 12/2006 were gone. I then made some changes on the tools bar again. When using Explorer to find the excel.xlb, the file still shows the date 11/05/2001. How can I find the file which contains the new changes I just made? I truly appreciate all the help I can get. In the Search wi...

Modules for Remote Tools
Hi all, which WinCE 600 modules I need to put in the image to have Remote Tools running? Now i have the ActiveSync (File Sync) and CAB File installer + KITL. If i run Remote Registry i have as connection types: - ActiveSync + Active Sync - Error: Unable to load device side components - TCPIP + ActiveSync - Error: Unable to load device side components - KITL Transp + ActiveSync: Error: Unable to load device side components ActiveSync (on USB) is connected with the host.... Thanks -- SteM Don't try to do that. The pieces needed for remote tools connections are not li...

Tool Bars
Hi, I am nearly finished doing my database, and the only thing i have left is to try and get rid of the "boarder" around the database (not sure if that is what you call it). I want the "microsoft button" and the home tool bar to disapear so that the user can just see the "database" and not the boarder around it? Not sure if that makes sense or not? So then they can only use the database and not go "looking" for things to play with. I have managed to get rid of all the other toolbars execpt the home one? Could someone please help? Th...

Please proof this script for me
Can someone tell me if this looks correct? ---------------------------------------------------- On Error Resume Next Const olDistributionListItem = 10 Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objNamespace = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set objFolder = objNamespace.GetDefaultFolder(olDistributionListItem) Dim i As Integer Dim objRecip As Outlook.Recipient For i = objDL.MemberCount To 1 Step -1 Set objRecip = objDL.GetMember(i) objDL.RemoveMember objRecip Next MsgBox objDL.MemberCount Set objRecip = Nothing Set objL...

Free Online Financial Tools
Cashmain ShareWatch (http://share.cashmain.com) Cashmain ShareChart (http://chart.cashmain.com) ...

Hyphenation is not under Tools | Language in Pubisher 2007. Why?
I upgraded directly from Office 2000 to Office 2007. I now want to use hyphenation in Publisher 2007 but it does not appear under Tools | Language. I went to Control Panel | Add or Delete Programs and selected MS Office Pro 2007 and Change. Hyphenation did not appear under Publisher but it did under Office Tools so I selected Continue. The system appeared to update Office Pro but hyphenation was unavailable when I re-started Publisher. I re-booted the computer but still no hyphenation so I decided to go through Control Panel again. However, Hyphenation was no longer on the list un...

PDF to Excel conversion tool
Can anyone recommend a good, hopefully inexpensive, program to convert a PDF file to an Excel spreadsheet? I only need to do this once, and the source file is about 15 pages. TIA, Bob Try OmniPage Pro. I've not used it specifically for spreadsheets, but I've use it for other PDF files with no great problems. -- Ian -- "Bob V" <transition@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4h9vofF1ptb7cU1@individual.net... > Can anyone recommend a good, hopefully inexpensive, program to convert a > PDF > file to an Excel spreadsheet? > > I only need to do this on...

Confused
Can the Exchange Calendar Tool be run from a client, so long as the requirements are met, i.e., Windows XP SP2, Outlook 2003, .NET 2.0, and Outlook Zone Data Tool? If I run it from a client, do I still need to change the PickLogonProfile registry key to 0? I found this key on the Exchange, but not on the client. Next, do the users need to be logged off their Outlook when running the tool? And finally, I read the MsExTmz.ini file and I am now extremely confused. I don't know which parameters to change. I would like to be able to choose which mailboxes to update. Can anyone off...

Lost tools menu in Outlook
My tools menu went missing in Outlook 2000. How do I get it back? I am using Internet Mail service and PST file for profile. Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost!!! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Andy Harlan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e56001c43c71$6c527210$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My tools menu went missing in Outlook 2000. How do I get > it back? I am using Internet Mail service and PS...

Exchange Calender Update Tool
Exchante 2003 SP2. After I ran Exchange Calender Update Tool, I got a file "conflictuser.txt" with 2 of the users in it. What does it mean and how can I resolve it? TIA Those are users for which a time zone could not be determined. You can insert those 2 users in the input file and specify a time zone. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D283D5E4-5A76-421A-9C13-BDAC5C5CBB67@microsoft.com... > Excha...

Windows XP Snipping Tool
There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp Home Edition. Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. http://microsoft-snipping-tool.software.informer.com/ Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. Why are you trying to install a program that was written for Windows Vista and Windows 7 into Windows XP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool There are LOADS of free screen capture utilities...

Budget tracking tool
Hi, I've been working at using excel to build a budget tracking tool. I having a few problems and was wondering if anyone knows of any useful web resources where I might be able to get some fresh ideas on ways of doing things. Basically, I need to track planned spend against budget, actual spend against planned spend, and actual spend against budget. Any help appreciated! Regards Alan MS has a bunch of templates at: http://office.microsoft.com/templates/default.aspx You may find something that you like. Alan S wrote: > > Hi, > > I've been working at using...

Exchange 2000 (Admin tools) on W3K
I am currently in the process of upgrading all our Windows 2000 Domain Controllers to Windows 2003 Domain Controllers. I do not plan to upgrade our Exchange 2000 servers to 2003 anytime in the near future. I had Exchange 2000 installed on the Domain Controllers for adding users with mailboxes, but if I understand correctly I can not install Exchange 2000 on the W3K box. Do I need to install the W3K Admin tools and Exchange 2000 on a workstation and use that for AD user administration, or is there another solution? -- T On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 08:26:04 -0800, "T" <T@discuss...

how to show the stander tool bar??
Greeting, how to show the stander tool bar ?? such as File, Edit....Tools?? they just disppears?? if you are able to see the shortcut icons (i.e. new, open, save, etc.) that are normally under the main menu bar, right click in that area and click customize. a window will pop up and in the toolbars tab look for menu bar and check it's box if it is not checked. "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:448A2535-394F-42C8-8E53-087D0DED7224@microsoft.com... > Greeting, > > how to show the stander tool bar ?? such as File, Edit....Tools?? >...

how do I restore the pdf tool bar to excel?
I have PDF converter 2 software and had the pdf creator tool bar available when using excel spreadsheets and even though I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software the tool bar is still not available when I open excel, it is however, when I open word files. How do I correct this problem? Thanks for any assistance. I can make my PDF toolbar come and go using View|Toolbars and clicking PDFMaker 6 -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:295E1162-175F-4483-BEEC-757DF68517CD...

CRM and Sharepoint Integration Tools / Field Level Security
I am reviewing two tools by c360. One is Field Level Security and the other is their SharePoint integratioin with CRM. Is anyone aware of any comprable tools to these from other vendors? Thanks ...

'Accounts' option not appearing under 'Tools'
I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and the option to create 'accounts' to configure my internet mail to my ISP does not appear. This only happens on my laptop. Desktop has the option. Both are running Windows 98 SP2. Can anyone help? JiimB <jmb4664@prodigy.net> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6.0 and the option to > create 'accounts' to configure my internet mail to my ISP > does not appear. <snip> Can > anyone help? If you ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup, probably. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1...

Broken tool tips in multiple MFC applications (including Developer Studio). Office 2003?
I have a situation in which tooltips in our MFC-based application (and others) simply quit working. Even those in Developer Studio 6.0 quit working. Rebooting the machine brief restores them, but they will eventually go south again. I can roughly pinpoint this occurrence to the installation of Office 2003 on the machine (machine OS is Windows XP SP1). Has anyone else seen this (or even better, know of a fix)? Thanks, Rb Yep, seen this many times. I gave up using Microsoft tool tips, and wrote my own. "R Baker" <nospamx@nospamx.com> wrote in message news:uFsEfWycEHA.363...