Someone please help me! Word Document

I am a student at college and I am behind on my work but I promised my tutor
that I have dne the work but I didn't so I hve changed the dates and she has
asked me to hand it in on USB for the IT services to investigate. Is there
any way they can ind out when it was created?
--
Mwah x
0

I'm sure there is a way to change the date so that even the IT department
doesn't know but I'd say if you're turning in a college paper the more
serious problem I see is the lack of grammar spaelling and punctiations I
mean I'm just saying you know...

On 6/7/08 11:13 AM, in article
1F790228-2EFB-4BF9-856B-0AF22485D5C2@microsoft.com, "Suzy"
<Suzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am a student at college and I am behind on my work but I promised my tutor
> that I have dne the work but I didn't so I hve changed the dates and she has
> asked me to hand it in on USB for the IT services to investigate. Is there
> any way they can ind out when it was created?

0
cheese1 (5)
6/7/2008 8:33:22 PM
Hi Suzy:

Ooops... :-)

Yes, IT Services will know in about 5 seconds when you created that file,
when you edited it, how long you edited it for, and when you saved it.

If you pay strict attention in your BSc course in Computing Science, they
will teach you how to change those dates so you can't get caught.

But it requires special tools you won't have at home, plus a fairly exact
knowledge of binary file formats :-)

Cheers

On 8/06/08 3:43 AM, in article
1F790228-2EFB-4BF9-856B-0AF22485D5C2@microsoft.com, "Suzy"
<Suzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am a student at college and I am behind on my work but I promised my tutor
> that I have dne the work but I didn't so I hve changed the dates and she has
> asked me to hand it in on USB for the IT services to investigate. Is there
> any way they can ind out when it was created?

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Word and Word:Mac
Nhulunbuy, NT, Australia.  mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

help with log file
Got a database in SQL2005 that is basically a download of a daily flat text files and creating tables from them. The log.ldf file is frikkin huge. It's over 146GB and I don't need this, I have storage issues. How do I shorten down this file and keep it small forever? Hi Rocketman Have you read about managing the transaction log in the Books Online? How big is your database? What recovery model are you in? What kinds of backups are you doing, and how frequently? If you are not in SIMPLE recovery, and you don't back up your log, it will continue to grow. Even...

Slow Printing vs Word
I am creating a 4x4 label as a report in Access for Inventory Control. When I print the report out of Access it pauses between label prints. So if I print 4 copies it pauses for about 2-3 seconds between prints. If I create and print that exact same label out of Word it prints all copies consecutively without any pauses. I'm using 2003. Any ideas? ...

Auto-Transfer of sales documents with eConnect
Great Plains eConnect should be enhanced with an object that will allow for the transferring of sales documents from one type to another (i.e. Order to Invoice). This feature would greatly improve efficiency for clients doing high volumes of transactions using the Great Plains distribution modules. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microso...

using if function..please help
i am trying to use the if function in the following manner. A B apple red apple red grapes purple grapes yellow star n/a if(B1:B5="n/a",0,countif(A1:A5, "star") I want to use this formula not only for 'star' but also for 'apple' and grapes' and many more such fruits which might have n/a later. But, everytime I use this formula it returns a 1..should it not return a 0 for when the value in B is n/a? Please help.. Thank you Are you trying to say that if any c...

Tabbed Document Style ?
Hello NG First of all I want to thank, all the nice people that reply to questions and try to help others. I want to create an MDI program with a “Tabbed Document” style like the default style of Visual Studio itself. I could not find any VC programming information on tabbed documents, maybe my keywords were not good enough. I thought about using CProperty Page and CTabCtrl class and capturing events, but I’m not sure that it is a good idea. I really appreciate your help and tips Regards, Ebrahi Hello, I think this will help to you, http://www.codeproject.com/docview/tabbedmdi.asp http...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

My mail merged document won't save the mailing info.
I have created a postcard in publisher 2002 and performed a mail merge. After Step 3 of 4 in the mail merge wizard, my addresses appear in the publisher file. Step 4 of 4 asks me to print. I want to save the file to upload to OfficeMax's website. So, I have tried both saving the file and also Pack and go..., however both options, when I save then reopen the file, my merged addresses do not appear. All I have is the templated post card or a blank file with the letters MSCF at the top. Help! Erin This can only be done with Publisher 2003 unless you choose to print your mailm...

Add Word and change format
1) Let say colomn A is a product codes, such as "PK0021", "UQ05P8", etc...Now I want add a "Z" in front the codes. To be "ZPK0021, ZUQ05P8". What's the faster way in case I got thousand of codes? 2) In my colomn B is such code as "18-521-65, 18-81-84, 18-1112-65" and etc. Now I would like to make it to be standard to 4 digit for the middle number to be "18-0521-65, 18-0081-84, 18-1112-65" ... As the same senario as above, I got more than thousand of such codes... What's the faster way? Kelvin The first could be done wi...

SPAM Please
fred.brown@maps.lss.bc.ca wilf.tannenbaum@maps.lss.bc.ca david.mathews@maps.lss.bc.ca ...

Select Case help needed
I'm using a Select Case statement to check the value of 24 checkboxes on a form. If true for each case, run the related query. It seems to be running the first query it comes to and not continuing to check the rest. Below is sample code for the first 4 checkboxes. Can anyone help? Select Case True Case Me.chkQCT01.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessMWapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT02.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSEapp", acNormal, acEdit Case Me.chkQCT03.value = True DoCmd.OpenQuery "AccessSWapp", acNormal...

How to set right margin in the Endnotes in Word?
I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. If you want the notes to have a different margin from the page, you can apply an indent (positive or negative) to the Endnote Text style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ounbbl" <Ounbbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:826849B3-FED1-411D-906E-489FB29F1A00@microsoft.com... >I need to set the right margin in the endnotes in Word 2007. > ...

Quick Campaign "In Progress" HELP
I have a Quick Campaign that shows as "In Progress" for over a week now so it must be hung. How do I restart or get it going again? It sends out approx. 3000 emails each time. It got approx 2000 emails out and is now hung. I hace rebooted the CRM server itself but this had no impact. I'm afraid that if I do another Quick Campaign before resolving this it will just hang also. This has been working great for months until now. HELP! -- Dennis ...

Help with VBasic in Excel 2003
I'm using Excel 2003. I am working in a master worksheet named "SHPG RCVG RPT" which is on my desktop. After I enter all of the information and create my hyperlinks, I need to protect the worksheet and then save it to a different folder. The new name of the worksheet is determined by the purchase order # which is in cell D3. I need a macro which will: Protect the worksheet --> Name the worksheet using the purchase order # in D3 -->Save the worksheet in: F:\SHIPPING RECEIVING REPORT. I can't do this using the macro recorder because it won't let me click on the ...

Importing Word to Excel
Hello! I have a list of names and adresses in a word document that look lik this: Doctor John Smith Director Hospital of Hurt People 4556 Bittersweet Lane Town, State xxxxxx I am now compiling another list of names and adresses and entering th data immediately into Excel (file attached). What I would like to do is merge the two lists into one and eliminat any duplicates. The goal is to print mailing labels. Could someone point me in the right direction? Also, should I be using Access instead of Excel -- Project ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pr...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

How do I get a checkbox to check in Word?
I have a Word document form with numerous checkboxes. I did some updates to it and now the boxes won't check. What can I do to get them to check and un-check again? Protect the document for forms. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Danieldh" <Da...

Need help with Access report
I designed an access report with a facility and a buch of contacts for that. I created a group on the facility ID. I want only a certain type of contact to show up in the facility group header and rest of the contact types in the details sectio. Before some takes a wag at answering this, could you provide a little better description? Individual contacts normally would display in the detail section, not "in the facility group header". Maybe you should type in some significant records/fields and how and why they should display in your report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access M...

Forms Help
I have a form, the form has an ID that goes through many test/parameters. All the test/parameters associated with the ID remains on a sub form for viewing. I would like to develop a series (a-z) for each ID,were repeating information for the id is carried throughout all ID's and the one test paramter that differed, thus changing the Series Letter will be changed. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks LA -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:04:05 GMT, "misschanda via AccessMonster.com" <u36612@uwe> wrote: >I have a form, the for...

vlookup problem please help
Hi experts, I have a problem in using vlookup function and have not been able to resolve for a year+. Hope I can find some help in this great forum. Many thanks in advance! An example as below. When I vlookup Material2 to Material1 for the Project No, I get the result 222-56 for all the duplicate Material1 values. In this case of having duplicate values in Material1 but associated with different Project Numbers, how can I have vlookup function to match the Project No. containg "AA" as 1st priority ? (and if there is no Project No. containing "AA", then vlookup to look f...

Help Please #8
Thanks For The Info : -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26424 ...

Help with Expressions
We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste when we are cutting the poles? At one time, we may be cutting 10 to 30 peices in differing lengths ranging from 18" to 160" or larger. On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:42:01 -0800, LeLe <LeLe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We inventory wood poles in 19' lengths which we then cut into smaller pieces >for our customers. Is there an expression I can use to help me reduce waste >when we are cutting the p...

Word documents are re-formatted to an undesired font on opening
I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the styles have Times New Roman and different font sizes. How did you change the styles? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "KeithCC" <KeithCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C7387D1-C9F8-4E37-AF7F-7CD79CAC2042@microsoft.com... >I have saved documents with an Arial based style but on re-opening the >styles > have Times New Roman and different font sizes. ...

Function Help Please
Tuesday, April 14, 2009 That data above, once imported from a tab delimited file, is interpreted by Excel as General format. This is a couple of years worth of this data. I'd like to shorten the date while removing the day from the beginning. Highlighting the cell then manually changing the format to Date does nothing. I think my only option is to use a function that keeps all data after the first space. Thanks, AJ Select the column with those "dates" in it, then click Edit/Replace on Excel's menu bar... type these four characters (without ...