Slow Typing in PowerPoint when using Bullet format

We have a user working in PowerPoint 2008 on a MacBook Pro 2.6GHz with
2GB of RAM. She began noticing very sluggish typing and I decided to
investigate. I found several things listed in forums to remedy the
situation, but none seemed to apply. In working with her computer, I
noticed that this behavior appeared if the text being typed was
formatted using the Bullet and Number feature. If I simply typed my
own bullet (option+8) typing speed was normal. I tried this on my Mac
Mini and a G5 in the office just to see if it was a fluke and I had
the same issue. Has anyone seen this behavior or know what might be
causing it?
0
bphillips

0
jfaughnan
4/6/2010 2:57:50 PM
I can only TRANSIENTLY clear the type lag. As soon as I create a slide with graphics and text on the same slide (from layout) the app basically becomes unusable.
0
jfaughnan

Outlook 2003 HTML formatting problem
After upgrading clients to Outlook 2003 we've started to experience a strange problem with emails formatted in HTML. The scenario goes like this. 1. A local user creates an HTML formatted email and sends it to an external recipient. 2. The external recipient replies to the original message. 3. Originator replies to the reply 4. The external recipient receives the HTML formatted email with portions of the text grossly enlarged. 5. Upon review, it would appear that the external HTML client dropped a (.) changing the font size from 10.0 to 100 causing the enlarged text. Editing the HT...

Excel Date Format of MMM/YY
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I enter a date in the format of MMM/YY it saves ok but if you then look in tools and calculator I have found that it creates a formula of 2004 and when you copy this over to a Windows based PC it displays incorrect dates. How do I turn off this apparent formula creation. I live in UK and have settings to UK Don't let the info in the Calculator mislead you. It's simply confirming that the workbook you're in is employing the 1904 Date System which is the default in Mac Excel. Dates in Mac Exce...

OWA, access meeting types
Hello: We are looking for a way to modify meeting labels (the color of the meeting entry in the Outlook Calendar) in Outlook Web Access. We have been looking around for 3rd party products that may support this, but so far we have not found anything. Does anybody know of any products, that will give users access to the "label" attribute for meetings in Outlook Web Access? Thanks in advance.... -- Chris ...

formatted values from single equation
I would really like to have a Excel spreadsheet with two worksheets, the first sheet has raw data (16 across, 100's down) and what I would like to do on the second sheet is add to the first row, 16 equations (lets say for now y=x). then underneath this the formatted data where x is cell A1 on the first worksheet and y is on the second worksheet. Obviously you would just normally in each cell on worksheet 2 type the equation in (='worksheet1'!A1), but I would like to show people the equation being used. Is this possible, does this message make any sense?? Nice -- mr_nice! ---...

Formating in a Report, the highest 3 records
How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... Can you help me? Look in Access Help for "TOP". HTH -- -Larry- -- "Luis Marques" <Luis Marques@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F467B234-EA95-4F79-91B0-EDC12E61FD00@microsoft.com... > How do i can format the hightes 3 records on an Access Report? > > Unfortunately the Access doesn't have the Excel have the function "Large"... > > Can you help me? Try writing your ...

Could Excel be used as accounting software?
If so, any tutorials. (I don't want to learn or bky quick books) I jus want to keep tabs on business expenses and I would rather not do it o paper -- Freddy_Kruge ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Freddy_Kruger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2962 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52382 Theoretically yes but practically no. There a lot of other softwares particularly databases that could do a lot than Excel. These include SAP,Oracle etc., Are you saying that excel wou...

Filtered Rows using Mode Function?
Hi Excel Forum, I am using numeric "filtered" data and I need to find the most frequen / re-occurring values (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc.) from the visibl filtered rows. The Mode function seemed likely, but I cannot get it t work with filtered rows. Can you assist with working examples, please: Formula based input direct on worksheet. VBA Macro using Formula. VBA UserDefined Function. Thank you QT -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I would use one of 2 methods :- 1. Formula in another column and sort descending :- =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$20,A16) Need to sort out dupl...

Add item using HTML Status Bar
I want to add a bunch of pictures of items to the HTML status bar and have the item added to the transaction when the cashier clicks on the item. Is that possible? I have the customization guide, I can modify the status.htm file to display the pictures, but I just need the code to add to the HTML file to trigger the adding of the item (again, if possible). P.S. I don't want to use the custom POS buttons (I already know how to add items that way). I almost have it figured out. I added this code to the Status.htm file: function addit() { qsBridge.FireEvent("PerformAddItem...

Trouble with contacts backup using Windows Mobile Device Center.
(Also posted in old thread relating to the subject) Hi, I joined the forum specifically for this problem and this is my first post. I'm just going to spare you all the introductory bs and get down to my concerns. And I didn't bother reading past the first page of this thread even though it is apparently like four years old and a solution has probably already been found. Forgive me, but I'm really frustrated because I'm pretty good with computers and I've been at a standstill trying to fix this for about 5 hours now. I'm running Windows Vista Home Editi...

File Formate
I have five Excel files which contain the records of my previous 4 years Business matters. Suddenly yesterday when I opned one of my files I received the following messege. --------------------------------------- The file is not in recognizable formate. if you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Excel, click Cancel, then open the file in its original application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the file is damaged, click help for more information about...

Change a cell's value using a button
Hi - I know its possible but have no idea how to do it - How do I set up a cell with two buttons attached to it that increase and decrease the value in the cell? I.e. if I have a cell with 10% in it and hit the "up" button, the number goes up by 0.5% and down by the same amount if I hit the "down" button? I am pretty good in Excel but dont know anything about macros - but Im really not sure where you find this function. Thanks for your help in advance anyone! -- Ashley No macros required. Use a spin button control rather than 2 buttons. Follow these steps: 1. Go to...

problem with fonts using Word as editor #3
All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What is one to do? Leo Leo Kerner <l.kerner@sympatico.ca> wrote ... > All new messages come up with a superscript font. I remove the check > mark and go into default, but new msgs keep coming up in superscrip.What > is one to do? Since you keep asking, I'll reply with my first reaction to all word-as-email-editor problems: don't use Word as your email editor. It's a simple and 100% effective solution to this and a whole host of ot...

Different formats within the same cell
Hello, i want to enter a word in a cell but only have one of the letter fomatted bold, eg - "wo*r*d" Is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Yes. Enter your word into the cell, go to the formulae bar, highlight th letter you want to have in bold and then click on the bold icon. This will format just that letter to bold -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sure. Just edit the word>highlight the letter(s) and change the font,bold,color etc. will NOT work withing a formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "...

Number formats and fields
Hi All! I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the default A, B, C… numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add another equation in the middle of the document. Doe...

Transform using DoCmd.RunSQL fails
Hi, my transform is failing with ERROR 2342 , How can I redo this... basically I want my "detect" to be the column headers and "values" as rows.. This run fine in query window but I am trying to automate the transform process DoCmd.RunSQL "TRANSFORM First(test.value) AS FirstOfct_num SELECT test.Sample, test.user FROM test GROUP BY test.Sample, test.user PIVOT test.detect;" data below.. Sample User Detect Value 5442 img Test 1 Undetermined 5442 img Test 2 27.7402 5442 img Test 3 33.0166 Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster....

Formatting a date in client report
How do I format a date field in a client side Microsoft report (rdlc)? I'm using VS2008, 9.0.30729.1 sp Windows forms project. Unformatted, the dates in my report are displayed like this: 11/19/09 00:00:00 I want to display just the date, not the zeroes. If I enter an expression in the value property for the report textbox like this: =Format(Fields!StartDate.Value, "D") (as shown in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms251668.aspx) the report will display "D" instead of the formatted date. The same thing happens with other format string...

Problem with Executable File generated using Debug Build
Hi All, I am facing a really wierd problem. I am working on a project in which I have implemeted a GUI for controlling laser microscopes. Everything was going fine till I added support for Filter Wheels. The program compiles perfectly fine. Runs perfectly fine if I run it using Microsoft Visual Studios. But When I try to run the program by double clicking on its icon in the debug folder, the program shows that main frame and then hangs. The problem was not there before I added the code for filter wheels. I am placed all the DLL files in the debug folder. Could any body help me out. Regard...

Conditional Formatting #84
I would like to use conditional formatting in a number of cells. The condition I would like to highlight would be if the cell contained text. ie. 1Y Can anyone help me with this as I am fairly new... Thanks!! Mike 1. Select your range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting. 3. Select "Formula Is" and insert the following: =COUNTIF(INDIRECT("rc",0),"*1Y*") 4. Press the Format radio button and format as desired. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I would like to use conditional formatting in a number of >cells. The co...

Why use GetSafeHwnd?
Hi I have a pointer to a window. I need to get the HWND of this window. I can do both: HWND hWnd = pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); ASSERT(hWnd); or simply: HWND hWnd = pWnd->m_hWnd; ASSERT(hWnd); What's the difference? GetSafeHwnd() returns NULL if m_hWnd is not initialized, while accessing m_hWnd directely on an unattached window would be undefined? Surely this is not the case, because a constructor of a window class initialized m_hWnd = 0 I'd think. So what's the difference then? Lisa "Lisa Pearlson" <no@spam.plz> wrote in message news:O7hfidKtEHA.3152@TK2MSFTN...

Anyone used or know about SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT32 ?
I use IOCTL_SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT. In the SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT structure, the Data Buffer pointer is defined as PVOID which MS says is a "Pointer to any type". In Vista's ntddscsi header there is also a structure named SCSI_PASS_THROUGH_DIRECT32 for "Win64 (thunking)". In this structure, the Data Buffer pointer is defined as a VOID * POINTER_32. MS defines these newer (to me) pointer types as follows : Pointer_32 = 32-bit system native pointer Pointer_64 = 64-bit system native pointer Pointer_32 on 64-bit systems is a "truncated" 64-bit ...

PivotChart will not preserve series formatting for some charts when reopening workbook
I have a WB with 4 PivotCharts. When I close and reopen the WB, 2 of my PivotCharts have slightly skewed formatting. Can somone help determine why? Details: PTable 1 / PChart 1, PTable 2 / PChart 2 all based on static data in Sheet 1. PTable 3 / PChart 3, PTable 4 / PChart 4 all based on static data in Sheet 2. All PTables were created from a new PCache object. I'm using any single data cache for more than 1 PTable. When I reopen, PChart 1 and PChart 3 have the following problem: - Series order goes back to the default order. - Series colors remains in the old order. 1. I know that...

Opening "Works Spreadsheets" using Excel 2000
I have received a file written with "older" Microsoft "Works" spreadsheet software. I do not have MSWorks software on my computer. The file I received had a ".wks" extension. Using Excel 2000 I tried to open this file and couldn't. What am I doing wrong? Generally you would normally open the file in WORKS and then save it down as a file that Excel can read. .xlr is a native Excel format, or .txt, .csv, dbaseIV are all formats it can read. You can also find a converter here if you don't have WORKS. http://www.rl-software.com/indexjs.htm?/conver...

Mobile Phone # Format
I want to save a phone number as 0418 99 99 99 Outlook saves it as (04) 18 99 99 99 How can I fix this? Thanks ...

Using command button to pull up form
I would like to have a command button pull up a form that is linked to the main form. The main form displays milestones and I would like to command button to pull the progress notes form with the record that is linked to the corresponding milestone. The expression that I have tried (which I know is wrong) is: [tblMilestonemthprgntes]![strID]=[tblMlestnes]![Progress Notes] I would like to eliminate the user's need to enter a parameter value to pull the corresponding progress note record. I was going to have a subform inserted on the main form but I was having a hard time linking the in...

connecting 5.5 to Windows 2K3 using ADC
First off, I have a PDC running Windows 2K3 Server with AD. My Exchange 5.5 Server is a member server on Windows 2K, not with AD. In order to use a new anti-spam device, I now need to use ADC to connect my 5.5 mailboxes to the respective user accounts in AD. Do I install the ADC that comes on the Windows 2K Server disks? Thanks, Roger Yes. That version won't be any good if you upgrade Exchange but it should work for you. Nue "Roger S" <rog@nunna-u.bus> wrote in message news:nKednfem4NW_7wbZnZ2dnUVZ_t-dnZ2d@centurytel.net... > First off, I have a PDC running ...