Should I keep OFfice 2004?

Processor: Intel

I just bought new Mac Snow Leopard. I installed Office 2008. I don't use Visual Basics and I don't write scripts. Migration Assistant brought 2004 over; any reason I don't know about for keeping 2004 on the new computer? <br>
Thanks!
0
Truly_Scruptious

Thanks, Diane.  If you can help me out a bit more, are you saying the &quot;Remove Office&quot; would be in the Office 04 set, and would it remove only 04?  Or it's in the 08 set and I should make sure it only finds 04 files?  (Not that it'd be the end of the world if it removed the wrong one, but just so I don't waste time and effort.)
0
Truly_Scruptious

Office 2003 or 2007
Which is better to use Office 2003 or 2007 the one you own "Rodney" <Rodney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA09601-99E0-40C4-B1A7-43AD678A2F0D@microsoft.com... > Which is better to use Office 2003 or 2007 In article <9EA09601-99E0-40C4-B1A7-43AD678A2F0D@microsoft.com>, Rodney wrote: > Which is better to use Office 2003 or 2007 The only one you can buy is 2007, so the question may be moot. If you somehow have access to either one and need to choose, then give us more to work with. What Office apps do you use? Ar...

2004 trial, how do I get rid of it?
My trial is over, and I want my Money 2002 back. Does anyone know how I can do that? The easiest way is to use control panel->add/remove programs to remove the 2004 trial pieces (there are two programs to uninstall). Then reinstall 2002 and use the backup file created when you first installed Money 2004 - it'll be named something like My Money.M10. Any transactions entered in the trial which you want to keep will need to be re-entered into the 2002 version, as you can't downgrade a file from 2004 to 2002. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.co...

Budgeting problems in 2004 deluxe
Almost every budget group that has recurring bills in it is screwed up. There are three kinds of problems: 1.) The budgeted value is correct when viewed in "Edit your budget" but is doubled in reports and "Review your current budget status". 2.) The budgeted value is correct when viewed in "Edit" but is 0 in reports and "Review". In some cases, the category fails to appear in the pie chart at the end of the Edit wizard, although the other percentages appear to be calculated correctly (and only add up to 95% or whatever). 3.) The budgeted val...

Office 97 on Windows 98 compatability with Office 2007 on Windows
Could anyone advise is it possible to transfer the following Office 97 docs on an old computer running Win 98 to a new computer with Office 2007 running on Windows 7 - 1. Word 97, Excel 97 & Powerpoint 97 2. Outlook Express (v.6) e-mails & e-mail addresses Any advice appreciated ( by a dinosaur) Word 2007, Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 97 all have an option to save files in 97-2003 format, so it would be a pretty good guess that they can read files in that form. That it is running on Windows 7 should not make a difference. For OE you should ask in an OE newsgroup, as...

Office Tools in 2010
I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools quite often. Are they included in any version of 2010? Thank you. Some are. Which specific tools are you looking for? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJG" <not@anwhere.com> wrote in message news:ODvL4$76KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools ...

Microsoft office purchasing question
My trial is coming to an end next week. I would like to purrchase the Office Suite that includes Outlook. I found a site on-line, www.firstpickstore.com. They offer Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus for $135.00 compared to purchasing from Microsoft at $329.95. How can this be? Is firstpickstore legit? Thanks, Scott scott m wrote: >My trial is coming to an end next week. I would like to purrchase the Office >Suite that includes Outlook. I found a site on-line, www.firstpickstore.com. >They offer >Microsoft Office 2007 Professional Plus for $135.00 compared...

Installation of Office 2010
I get error 1935 when installing Office 2010, I have tried 3 times now thew same error, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32. Even tried from a fresh boot. Some of the instances refer to .net framework 2.0, tried that but get a message saying it is installed. Any Ideas? See the following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Skylab55" <Skylab55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Office PC 2003.... Aarrg
That's it ! I received my first company memo created in Office 2003 for PC with those stupid security management function. Can't open it in Office X. Any work around? No, Office for Mac applications cannot open Office 2003 documents protected with IRM <http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/technologies/irm.mspx>. If you want to see support for IRM in a future version of Office for, it is essential you formally submit your request. In any Office X application, go to Help -> Send Feedback. Otherwise, click on this direct link to enter Mac Product Feedback: <...

My Office 2007 spell checker is not working.
For some reason, Office 2007 is not finding my spelling errors (in Word or PowerPoint). It is not auto-correcting, highlighting errors, or finding errors when I manually run spell check. When I go to Word options, the dialog boxes indicate that it's on and that auto-correct is also on. What's happening? ...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Very slow email downloads in Beta 2010 Office
I am trying the Outlook Beta 2010. My emails take forever to download, it says processing for the longest time. I can open Office 2007 and they will come fast, like normal. Any ideas out there? Thanks I assume this on a different system since you can only have 1 version of Outlook installed at a time. How does it perform in Outlook Safe Mode? Start-> Run; outlook.exe /safe (note the space in the command) If it works correctly now, verify that you do not have any 3rd party add-ins installed; most of them will require an update for full compatibility with Outlook 2010. ...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

files corrupted after installing office sp2
after installing office sp2 I cannot open old excel files. all files that created before installing sp2 are corrupted. help!!! Can you copy them and open them on other machines? -- kevindmorgan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kevindmorgan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32232 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=519909 Yes "kevindmorgan" <kevindmorgan.24blam_1141769401.2421@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kevindmorgan.24blam_1141769401...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Using scrolling textbox on wks for keeping notes
I've been playing around with using a control toolbox scrolling textbox for keeping client notes on a wks form. It seems to be working ok - I'm wondering if i'm using the textbox in a way it's not designed for and will have problems with it down the road? Thanks Richard -- rgarber50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rgarber50's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11350 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393519 ...

Preferred Stock in MS Money 2004
I own a couple of preferred stocks. I can get their symbol but Money doesn't recognize it. How do I do this? Does a more current version of Money support preferred stocks? L. Go to Money Central, http://moneycentral.msn.com/home.asp , input your symbol. If it is not recognized there it will not matter which version of Money you have. "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F42D78D0-8C59-4D93-B432-EA985876FF71@microsoft.com... | I own a couple of preferred stocks. I can get their symbol but Money doesn't | recognize it. How do I do this?...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

Is Money 2004 any faster?
Has MS done anything to improve the performance of Money 2004? Nothing obvious here. "C.B. McCoy" <Radio-Man@msn.com> wrote in message news:e5Nc1ljaDHA.1940@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Has MS done anything to improve the performance of Money 2004? C.B. McCoy wrote: > Has MS done anything to improve the performance of Money 2004? > > I see no difference between Money 2003 and Money 2004 ... nor do I see any performance problem at all. Recommend you ensure that you have sufficient memory for your operating system, e.g for XP 256 is the absolute minimum, 38...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

visio pro 2002 keeps crashing trying to open an org chart
have installed, repaired, and re-loaded visio pro 2002 on numerous occassions and still it falls over when trying to load a previously saved organisation chart ...

Calendar 2003 to 2004
I am trying to convert a 12 month calendar from 2003 into 2004 i.e. the infor on Jan 25 would stay the same, just the day of the week would change Have publisher 2002 Noooooo such luck. Life was not meant to be easy!!! -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. Hi Linda D E (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to convert a 12 month calendar from 2003 into 2004 || i.e. the infor on Jan 25 would stay the same, just the day of the || we...