Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins

I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't
find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to
manually select mode and zoom.

Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants?

Thanks for your time.

=====
Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

Hi Edward:

Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in.

The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an
AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want.

Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zoom
you want.  Name the macro "AutoOpen" and make sure you save it in your
Normal template.

Make a copy of the macro and name it "AutoNew" if you want it to apply to
newly-created documents as well.

Hope this helps

--

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

+61 4 1209 1410,  <mailto:john@mcghie.name> mailto:john@mcghie.name

"Edward Lipsett" <translation@intercomltd.com> wrote in message

> I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and
> can't
> find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to
> manually select mode and zoom.
>
> Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants?
>
> Thanks for your time.
>
> =====
> Edward Lipsett
> Fukuoka, Japan

0
john7143 (1072)
4/9/2007 1:02:03 PM
in article #FKTIdqeHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, John McGhie at
john@mcghie.name wrote on 07.4.9 10:02 PM:

> Hope this helps

Sure sounds like it will.
I'll try it out... Thanks!
=====
Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

in article #FKTIdqeHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, John McGhie at
john@mcghie.name wrote on 07.4.9 10:02 PM:

> Make a copy of the macro and name it "AutoNew" if you want it to apply to
> newly-created documents as well.

Thank you, John.
The macro approach works just fine for new documents created manually, but
the default document opened automatically when Word is launched is still the
old default (200%, layout mode).

I presume there's another magic macro name to save the macro to?

=====
Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

Hi Edward:

Yeah, there is :-)  "AutoExec" :-)

AutoNew runs at new document creation.

AutoOpen runs at opening of any document.

AutoExec runs at the startup of Word.

AutoClose runs at the close of any document.

AutoExit runs at Word shut-down.

Don't go overboard with these, they'll all go away with the arrival of Word
2008 :-(

Hope this helps...

--

> in article #FKTIdqeHHA.1216@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, John McGhie at
> john@mcghie.name wrote on 07.4.9 10:02 PM:
>
>> Make a copy of the macro and name it "AutoNew" if you want it to apply to
>> newly-created documents as well.
>
> Thank you, John.
> The macro approach works just fine for new documents created manually, but
> the default document opened automatically when Word is launched is still
> the
> old default (200%, layout mode).
>
> I presume there's another magic macro name to save the macro to?
>
> =====
> Edward Lipsett
> Fukuoka, Japan

0
john7143 (1072)
4/10/2007 9:46:27 AM
in article eoL9fU1eHHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, John McGhie at
john@mcghie.name wrote on 07.4.10 6:46 PM:

> Don't go overboard with these, they'll all go away with the arrival of Word
> 2008 :-(

I have enough problems getting work done as it is without having to worry
about next year...

Thanks again, John.
It works... And now I see where all these commands are located, so hopefully
I can stop bugging you now.

=====
Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

Hi Edward:

Oh, please don't stop bugging us -- we need your questions far more than you
need our answers :-)

You see, for many of us, this is one of our most important hobbies.  It's
part of our lives.  If no-one asked any questions, then what would we do?
Our Significant Others are already threatening with the "Honey Do..." list:
you wouldn't want to leave us without an excuse, would you??

Cheers

--

> in article eoL9fU1eHHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, John McGhie at
> john@mcghie.name wrote on 07.4.10 6:46 PM:
>
>> Don't go overboard with these, they'll all go away with the arrival of
>> Word
>> 2008 :-(
>
> I have enough problems getting work done as it is without having to worry
> about next year...
>
> Thanks again, John.
> It works... And now I see where all these commands are located, so
> hopefully
> I can stop bugging you now.
>
> =====
> Edward Lipsett
> Fukuoka, Japan

0
john7143 (1072)

multiple flyers per page?

open two different Access reports

printing 2 charts on single page

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

.pdf save as settings

Web query timeout setting.

Setting up a new e-mail account

opening a .docx with word 2004

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Word 2004 overriding global prefs
Okay.. PMG5 running 10.4.6. I have a problem with the default page setup settings in two limited user accounts (my own, admin account, is fine). As I am in the UK, the global default paper size is set to A4. All applications respect this - bar Word. Every time it's fired up, and a new document selected, the paper size is always US Letter. This does NOT affect any other Office application. I have tried trashing prefs - I've even removed (using the supplied removal tool) and reinstalled Office. My mother uses Word extensively as she works at home a good deal. She wouldn't ...