I meant .doc instead of .docx
0
dbdbdb (17)
4/23/2008 11:50:53 PM
Word> Preferences> Save, choose Word 97-2004 Document (.doc) from the Save
Word files as: list - just keep in mind that you'll be constantly working in
Compatibility Mode which will prevent the use of some of 2008's features.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/23/08 7:50 PM, in article ee99690.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"dbdbdb@officeformac.com" <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> How do i do this for all new documents?

How do I set up a running subtraction column in Excel?
NEWBIE: Can you please help me? hi, you need to be more specific. describe your data. >-----Original Message----- >NEWBIE: Can you please help me? >. > Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > NEWBIE: Can you please help me? Thank you for your response. I want to set up a checkbook in excel. When I create a withdrawl in one column, I would like a running balance to appear in another column. TIA Arthur "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > hi, > you need to be more specific. describe your data. &g...

default directory change for full text search
Hi Would like to know how i can change the default directory for full text search. Does anyone know how to do this in SQL Server 2008? Regards, Rikard ...

Fix Bug: Resources Defaults to Selection Rule in Service Activitie
Hello, From time to time, when selecting a resource for a Service Activity, the resource reverts to "Selection Rule" in the Service Activity Scheduling View. The resource is properly assigned and shows up on the calendar. Has anyone else seen this. Is there a fix for it out there? Hi we have the same issue in a new customer instance (Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Rollup 8). Did you find any solution to the problem? "Nangard" wrote: > Hello, > > From time to time, when selecting a resource for a Service Activity, the > resource reverts to "Selecti...

how do I set up pages to write music scores,please
Can someone help me to set up Publisher pages to represent music pages, which will enable me to write songs in tabulation form. The free program "Graph Paper Printer" will create music sheet paper; all you add is the notes. It also can create many other graph papers. You can get version 4.20 at, http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000008486 -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Terrence John Dean" <Terrence John Dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74383EAB-5867-4494-95AC-A169DF6F6B0C@microsoft.com... > Can someone help me to set up P...

open save default for attachments
the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks if i want to save or open the box must have become unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore This is done via Control Panel > Folder Options > File types > scroll to the file type and then either Edit or Advanced and check confirm after download "RON" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1106a01c3f557$75476940$a101280a@phx.gbl... > the open save prompt for an attachment no longer asks > if i want to save or open the box must have become > unchecked and i cant find hoe to restore ...

Lost all settings
I'm trying out Outlook 2010 beta, running Win7Pro. I've liked what Microsoft's done with Outlook but overnite my computer hung up; don't know why so I had to force a restart. Reopened Outlook and all my settings, mailboxes, and mail are gone. It wanted me to start from scratch with the setup wizard, which I didn't do because I want to reacquire my settings and mailboxes. Any ideas before I panic? -- DeDub http://forums.slipstick.com If you go to control panel, mail, do you see your profile? is the old pst in your Documents, Outlook folder? -- Di...

Setting Column Views for Contacts (or anything for that matter)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Using the View, Columns menu, you check or uncheck what you want your list to look like. After checking or unchecking one list item, the menu closes immediately. Then you have to open it again, check or uncheck, then repeat. Is there a way to keep the view-column check list open to check and uncheck items without having to repeat the process of opening and closing the menu each time? ...

Time Zone Setting in CRM 3.0
I am assigned to the adminstrative role. The option for time zone does not appear under tools ... options ... general as it does if I login as CRM Admin. How do I enable the time zone setting. I am having synchronization problems with outlook. Michael Hi Mike, Have you found a solution for this behaviour? We're experiencing the same problem. BR, Saku "Mike from MA" wrote: > I am assigned to the adminstrative role. The option for time zone does not > appear under tools ... options ... general as it does if I login as CRM > Admin. How do I enable the time zone...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Backup of Default Outlook Profile
Two issues, sort of. 1) I am still having issues migrating successfully and COMPLETLY away from ex5.5. In June we migrated to Ex2003. everything seemed to go well except for a serious lack in documentation on Microsoft's part about how to finish up dismantling the old 5.5 server. There's plenty on how to move over to the new mail server though. It seems that for the past 2 months there has been one thing or the other that has caused us to go back to the server room and reconnect our old 5.5 server. I am having yet another issue this morning. It seems to have first appeare...

How to: Set default value for common control in custom form
I've created a custom journal form, and added the Entry Type control. I'd like to set the default value to 'Note', but the control's properties don't allow me to change the default text value from 'Phone Call'. I've tried adding the control by dragging it from the Field Chooser as well as creating a new combobox but had no luck. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Try setting it in the Item_Open event handler: Function Item_Open() If Item.Size = 0 Then Item.Type = "Note" End If End Function FYI, there is a newsgroup speci...

How do I set up a distribution list?
I NEED TO SET UP A DISTRIBUTION LIST. I ATTEMPTED TO DO IT AND I RECEIVED THE MESSAGE 'THE PERSONAL DISTRIBUTION LIST(S) THIS MESSAGE IS ADDRESSED TO MUST CONTAIN RECIPIENTS. ADD AT LEAST ONE REDIPIENT TO EACH LIST'. I AM USING OFFICE XP PROFESSIONAL EDITION. Did you populate your distribution list with the addresses of the people who belong in the list? If you're connected to an Exchange server, you can only create personal distribution lists. Any distribution lists kept on the server must be administered by the IT staff. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purpos...

Problem setting up formulas
Hi folks, I'd like a simple table, that I've spent four days attempting to create using "More" Excel 5 for Dummies. I do believe this book has caused me more confusion than I had before opening it. Grrrr. A B C D Date Amount Balance Total Spent 1 $500.00 2 4-1 $10.00 $490.00 $10.00 3 4-2 $95.00 $395.00 $105.00 4 4-3 100.00 $295.00 $205.00 I went to the Microsoft site and looked at templates available for download, and I found one that's a check register, but, unfortunately, I must have the information that you see in Column-D above (t...

How do I set up more columns beyond column IV?
You don't, that is a limit in Excel. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ClematisMichelle" <ClematisMichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3766F8D1-4867-47C7-B57C-2996DF11A7C3@microsoft.com... > Hi not possible in Excel! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ClematisMichelle" <ClematisMichelle@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3766F8D1-4867-47C7-B57C-2996DF11A7C3@microsoft.com... > ...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

linking an excel object to a word doc
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel linking an excel object to a word doc I get a very small narrow frame insert. Not the whole preset print area as I have usually obtained before this incident. <br><br>How to solve this please? Exactly what did you to this linking? Please give each step. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 31/01/10 10:48, Oscarwing@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > linking an excel object to a word doc I get a very small narrow frame &...

Currency field default
I have an unbound currency field that defaults to $0.00. I need it to default to Null. The issue is that there are times when I'm interested in whether or not there is a value, not necessarily what the value is, so having it default to $0.00 creates a problem. Thanks in advance! On Fri, 25 Jan 2008 07:58:05 -0800, Tara <Tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an unbound currency field that defaults to $0.00. I need it to >default to Null. The issue is that there are times when I'm interested in >whether or not there is a value, not necessarily what the...

How do I set up a yearbook?
I am creating a church directory with photos and addresses. Any suggestions? What version Publisher? If you are using Publisher 2003, look into the catalog merge. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sally" <Sally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C3CF0C8-86D6-4750-BBDA-07F28A95CD47@microsoft.com... >I am creating a church directory with photos and addresses. Any suggestions? Sally, Make sure you get the correct address with each picture? :-) Mike Sally wrote: > I am creating a ...

OE Default Reset under WinXP
Since I set up my (fully updated) WinXP desktop machine 2 yrs ago, the OE (both 5.5 & 6) default for "Leave a copy of messages on server", which I always want to be checked, is periodically unchecked every few weeks, not be me. What application (or OE itself, or worm or virus) would uncheck this default, which I want checked in order to retrieve email using one of my other machines, sometimes remotely? My WinME laptop running OE 5.5 has never reset this default... Would appreciate any suggestions--Doug Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlo...

Setting up a Limited Partnership
I recently purchased an interest in an Oil and Gas project and am trying to figure out how best to set this up as an investment. The investment actually begins as a negative amount and then both tax benefits and income begings to accrue aganist the investment. And, hopefully, over time, the investment "pays for itself" and becomes positive. Any suggestions??? ...

Setting Font to source window in Visual Studio
Hello Everyone, I want to add Fonts to Visual studio environmaent, other than its default fonts. I want to add "Verdana" font to source window, but i am not able to see that font in the Font combo box. Tools > Option > Format > Font(combo box) > (I need to set Verdana) How should i achieve it ? Regards, Kishor. (Posted On : microsoft.public.vc.language , microsoft.public.vc.mfc ) KC++ wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I want to add Fonts to Visual studio environmaent, other > than its default fonts. > I want to add "Verdana" font to source windo...

New page set to wrong percentage size
Hi, I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default back to 100% for new windows? Many thanks, Dave On 15 Nov, 07:30, Dave <enquir...@photographybyward.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > I usually view my pages at 100%. I wanted to show a separate, > additional window at 75% which worked fine. However, every time I open > a new window, it resorts to 75%. Is there a way to set the default > back to 100% for new win...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

Query set-up not using cross-tab
Hi, I keep running into this same problem when I’m building my query and I’ve tried several different approaches. It could be that it is beyond my knowledge but I don’t know what direction to take to find the solution. What is the "cleanest" way to build the following query. I have a table (I simplified the example): Empl Type THours Joe Billable 60 Joe Indirect 100 Mary Billable 160 And I want my query to look like this: Empl Billable Indirect THours Billable% Indirect% T% Joe 62 100 162 39% 63% 101% Mary 160 0 160 100% 0% 100% I tried a cross-tab query b...

setting up "find and delete row" macro?
I'm using Excel 2000. I've been trying to set up a macro to perform a loop function: 1) "find next" the occurrence of a specific text string 2) finding the text string in a cell, select the entire row 3) delete the entire row 4) find next occurrence of specific text string and repeat the process. So basically, I want to search an entire worksheet for every occurrence of the string "abc" for example -- and delete every row with "abc" in it, but leave all rows that do NOT have "abc" in them. I've been trying to set up a macro for tha...