Same image/every page

Hi
I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
Word.

Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
Word?

TIA
mw

0
maxxwitt (1)

maxxwitt wrote:
> Hi
> I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
> automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
> further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
> whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
> a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
> Word.
>
> Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
> Word?

Could you not put the image in the header?  Place the picture in the
correct place on the page (it doesn't have to be in the strip at the
top of the page).  Set the header to be different on odd and even
pages.

PhilD

--
<><

0
phildeaves (51)
7/18/2006 3:00:48 PM
PhilD wrote:
> maxxwitt wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
> > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
> > further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
> > whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
> > a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
> > Word.
> >
> > Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
> > Word?
>

> Could you not put the image in the header?  Place the picture in the
> correct place on the page (it doesn't have to be in the strip at the
> top of the page).  Set the header to be different on odd and even
> pages.
>
> PhilD

You could also consider using a watermark.

0
jeduffy1 (2)

customize the page size
How to cutomize the page size for printing ? Try exploring this site - http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/excel101/ss/excel_printing.htm?iam=momma_100_SKD&terms=excel+printing "SW" wrote: > How to cutomize the page size for printing ? Go to File - Page Setup OR Go to File - Print Preview "SW" wrote: > How to cutomize the page size for printing ? ...

insert html page directly ?
Hi, How do I insert an html file directly into an outlook message so that the html appears when the user reads the message ? The following methods don't work: o Highlight the html code from browser and paste it into the message. This method fails because various styles from the html header don't get applied. o Use the "insert file" menu choice. This method fails because the html gets inserted as an attachment rather than in-line. What is a simple way to do it ? Thanks. ericosman@rcn.com 7/17/03 If you open the file in IE, can you use Send Page? Eric Osman...

Cannot send page by email (Outlook 2003 & IE) problem
Hi--my problem is if I open a webpage i.e. www.google.com using Internet Explorer 6 (XP SP2), click on 'File', 'Send' and then 'Page by Email...', Outlook (SP1) opens a new email with the webpage inside (okay so far), when I type the email address to send the page to I click then on 'Send' (Outlook makes a click sound as I have the Office Sounds installed) but nothing happens--previously, clicking 'Send', the email would close after sending, then send the webpage. Have I accidentally altered a setting? Also trying to send link by email does not ...

Header image jumps
Hi all, I have a background image inserted into my page header. However, when I insert several pages of text, my header page background jumps to the 4th page. has anyone experiences anything similar or have any advice? Thanks in advance, Claire What you are describing suggests that there is a section break somewhere at the beginning of the document. If you double-click on the header with the picture to activate the header/footer area, what does the "label" on the bottom left of the header say ("Header -Section 2-" perhaps)? -- Stefan Blom Microsof...

OWA Intermittent page not found
Running Exch2003. OWA has been working fine for months, however a couple of weeks ago OWA users from the internet complain of "page not found" when using the URL. OWA is working fine internally, so this isn't an Exchange/IIS service issue. Are you using NLB with multiple FE servers? Nue "FR" <FR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A925BE9F-5431-4238-AA2C-21CEDDE7BE4B@microsoft.com... > Running Exch2003. OWA has been working fine for months, however a couple > of > weeks ago OWA users from the internet complain of "page not found&...

How do you make a two page purchase order?
I am using a Purchase order template, and the order needs to be 2-3 pages long. How do I continue the page on to another page and have the ending total be correct? If the sheet formulas are working correctly, then just put page breaks at the spots you want the new pages to begin. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 ...

MOSS : Issue when searchnig for draft publishing pages
Good morning, here is my question : in my authoring site collection, when we're searchnig for publishing pages within the search engine, only approved publishing pages appear in the results. Each page that is on draft state do not appeaar in the search results, where as I'm a site admin and I can read and modify these pages. Is it normal that ONLY approved publishing pages appear ? Thank you -- Romain D. Hello Romain D., Yes, it is. Margriet Bruggeman Lois & Clark IT Services web site: http://www.lcbridge.nl blog: http://www.lcbridge.nl/rss/spptrss...

Please! The product release page filters are not working!!
After changing selection criteria, the result list does not honor those criteria. I select Great Plains New Releases for v8.0 and end up with all kinds of irrelevant items in the list. This is very frustrating! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

RE: Publisher 2002 to 2003 Ruined Images
I just upgraded from Publisher 2002 to 2003 I noticed right away that my collection of publisher 2002 files --- all the images are blurred --- real awful. These took me months to accumulate all my pubs --- now I have to go back and re-process each image per file? THanks! I have files that have gone from Pub 2000 to 2002 to 2003 and haven't noticed a decrease in clarity. What format were your images? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "caj@earthlink.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:486c01c49077$7fe02340$a301280a@phx.gbl... ...

Word 2003-Page Orientation
I have a long Word 2003 document with all pages in portrait orientation except one. That page contains a table the size of which requires landscape orientation. I have always done this by inserting section breaks before and after this page. But now for some reason I can't get the orientation to change either on-screen or in my printer. When I check the page orientation in that page (section) it is set to landscape. Suspecting typical Word corruption (this document was made from previous versons of the same stuff) I did the usual copy-and-paste all but the last few empty ...

footers and page numbers
Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to occur lower down. (pub 2007) Thanks. lindalou wrote: > Can you change the place at which a footer occurs on the page. I want mine to > occur lower down. (pub 2007) The "Footer" (just like the "Header") is merely a construct that Publisher creates to make Word users feel more comfortable. It is in fact a text box on your master page, movable and resizable just like any other object. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Moving Images Up or Down More Subtly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In using Word 2008 for Mac, I'm running into a challenge I had previously with Word 2003 for Windows: I'll add a small image and designate it as Square or Tight. Often then, when I try to move the image vertically, using either the mouse or up/down arrow keys, I find it impossible to line it up around where I really want it. The images will seem to want to move up/down in larger increments than I'd like them to. Is there some way to adjust this so I have more control over the vertical elevation on...

How can I e-mail only one page of an excell spreadsheet?
I need to e-mail a one-page spreadsheet, but what gets sent is thousands of blank pages after the data page. ...

Prints in small corner of page
WHEN Ii PRINT A SPREADSHEET, IT PRINTS A MINISCULE TABLE IN ONE CORNER OF THE PAGE. ALL SETTINGS SEEMS TO BE FINE. Except for your broken caps lock key! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "Zona Infinity" <Zona Infinity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB98674C-7A31-495C-A427-C6D0D6F128E8@microsoft.com... > WHEN Ii PRINT A SPREADSHEET, IT PRINTS A MINISCULE TABLE IN ONE CORNER OF > THE > PAGE. ALL SETTINGS SEEMS TO BE FINE. But they obviously aren'...

[Q] Page File
I am trying to allocate classes "A" by using "new" operator. I already know how large of A ( by using sizeof(A)) and the number of allocations "n". I expected that the memory requires should be n * sizeof(A). But when I observe the value of Page File(PF) used in "Performance" tab of "Task Manager", the number looks so bigger than n * sizeof(A). So my questions are as follows. [Q1] "What does the Page File stand for?" [Q2] Is there any tip to reduce the page file required when allocating memory ? For example, reduce the n...

Why is printed page different than print preview?
I have a newsletter that I mail merge with an Excel file. Last month it printed fine but this month several things change when I print. I previewed one of the merged newsletters and it still looks fine. But when I actually print SOME of my indentations have increased causing me to lose wording. Since everything looks fine in Publisher program I don't know what to do to correct, changing spacing won't help. Any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you ar...

view web pages in outlook
I have outlook 2002 SP1 and trying to view web pages with in the Outlook. For some reason I can view all of the pages but one. It works fine if viewed in Explorer but wont work if assigned to a Public folder as home page. I have created many public folders and and most of them use webpage as home page on our intranet server. This is internet site and it just displays unable to display the folder. Permissions are ok. Any ideas? It works fine on other machines. Exchange is 5.5 SP4 on win2k server. George ...

Text overflows manually placed on pages
Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Explain how text overflows are manually placed on other pages. No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

How to enter Page Breaks In a changing range???
I need some help! I have an excell speadsheet that each month changes according to our inventory. Each month I have to manually reset page breaks and headers as the range grows or shrinks according to inventory in stock being entered or deleted. How can I arrainge it so this task is done automaticaly? Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks! -- Ed Lawrence Hi is there a logic where to insert these page breaks (e.g. after a specific text, etc.) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ed Lawrence" <EdLawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag new...

How do I manage vbscript between compose and read page
Hi, I have designed a custom Outlook 2007 email form with a separate compose and read page. It's using vbscript to automatically compose the subject line on sending, based on selections the user makes from several comboboxes. The read form does not have these comboboxes. When opening the mail on a machine with the vbscript debugger installed, the debugger kicks in and reports an error because the vbscript refers to objects that don't exist on the read page, only on the compose page. You can ignore the error and the mail will still open fine (users with no debugger insta...

How to send just one page of a multi-page workbook?
Is there a way to email just one page of a workbook? Recently, I was asked to do so and I ended up selecting that page, copying it, and pasting it into a new workbook which I then sent as an attachment. Is there an easier way? Thanks for your help. -- Alan The only way i'd suggest would be to right click the worksheet tab you want to send and select move or copy. Then select make a copy and a new book. "*alan*" <in_flagrante@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2aOHi.3448$Sd4.1283@nlpi061.nbdc.sbc.com... > Is there a way to email just one page of a workbook? Rece...

Summary Page
Hi All, I need an overview page at the front of a report! I can do the overview report separately but is there anyway to insert it at the beginning of the main report. Situation is complicated a bit, I think, because the main report uses sorting and grouping. Ta. Bill. I would try using a sub-report in the Report Header and use the overview report as the source for the sub-report. -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "Bill" <bill@bill.com> wrote in message news:u...

Recurring activitiy appointments (ie phone call every week)
We've implemented a CRM deployment and just realised we cannot do this. It's a serious shortfall in an account handlers daily duties not to have a reminder which accounts to maintain. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busi...

How to create a duplicate page
I can't believe that there is no way to do this but, I can't figure it out. How do you create a copy of a page? I'm looking for a feature similiar to the one in Excel where you can make a copy of an entire sheet. I realize you can grab all of the shapes and copy/paste however, if some of the objects are proteted, the paste doesn't go smoothly. Even if shapes have select lock on they still can be selected unless the document is protected. Try unprotecting the document before copying all. You can also write some VBA code to select the shapes. Ray "bdavis" &...