Same image/every page

Hi
I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
Word.

Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
Word?

TIA
mw

0
maxxwitt (1)

maxxwitt wrote:
> Hi
> I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
> automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
> further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
> whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
> a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
> Word.
>
> Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
> Word?

Could you not put the image in the header?  Place the picture in the
correct place on the page (it doesn't have to be in the strip at the
top of the page).  Set the header to be different on odd and even
pages.

PhilD

--
<><

0
phildeaves (51)
7/18/2006 3:00:48 PM
PhilD wrote:
> maxxwitt wrote:
> > Hi
> > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear
> > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to
> > further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on
> > whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with
> > a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in
> > Word.
> >
> > Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in
> > Word?
>

> Could you not put the image in the header?  Place the picture in the
> correct place on the page (it doesn't have to be in the strip at the
> top of the page).  Set the header to be different on odd and even
> pages.
>
> PhilD

You could also consider using a watermark.

0
jeduffy1 (2)

Best way to store image, voice, text file?
Hello there, Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or text file? If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064 bytes limit, is it better to store it in a directory, and just save the location of the file in the field? Thanks, Ben On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 07:19:54 -0700, Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello there, > >Is it possible to define a sql server field to store image, or voice, or >text file? > >If the size of the file is very big, thus exceeding the max row size 8064...

GAL web page
How can I create a web page listing names and phone numbers (possibly couple other fields from AD). I have ran across several CDO or ADSI samples for Exchange 5.5, but w are running Exchange 2000. Does anyone have ideas or code for me? It must be out there. Ideally, I would like to expand it to an in/out checkboard type o thing. For now, just publishing the phone list will work - cgraham158 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread...

Cannot "Page Setup" feature
Good morning I have been editing a book of ca 170 pages. Up until last Thursday I could access "page setup", the "Column" feature of the "Index and Reference" etc. I do not know what I might have done; however, now the Table of Contents show only 20 pages even though the entire book is present, the "Page Setup" is grayed out and I cannot access it, and other features suich as restoring the two column format for the indices at the end of the book no longer function. Can you tell me what I may have done and how to fix it. I tried just copying ...

Autofill spreadsheet of images
Hope I've got the right thread.... I have a folder of 120 images that I wish to "insert" into to a spreadsheet. I wish to create a file where the first collumn is the file name and the second collumn is the actual image. Being a naturally lazy person (who isnt?) is there a way of "auto" inserting the file names of a folder and the images? Google is your friend excel:insert images macro http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GFRD_en___US219&q=excel%3ainsert+images+macro -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sale...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Bitmaps' Page Display
How would small bitmaps be displayed on a page of a tab control. The bitmaps would need to be printed out similarly to text, line by line. Each line would contain at least ten small bitmaps.And there could be enough lines to continue past the end the visible tab page. Then a scroll control would be used. Is it possible to do this type of thing. ...

Opening Page format
Using MS Publisher 2002, I want the opening page to show only a blank page, not a graphic showing - in a third of the screen - a selection of "scheme - options - designs" Help/advice will be appreciated. If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - UNBELIEVABLE Go to menu Tools > Options tab General second item down - DE-select -- On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:44:07 +1000, "���MS�Publisher���" <donotknock@nobodyhome.com> wrote: >If it takes up a third of the page you must be using 640 x 480 - >UNBELIEVABLE I'm not. > >Go to me...

Disappearing Page tabs
We recently had office 2007 installed on our XP computers. We save many spreadsheets on a network drive. Since the installation occasionally when we open Excel it will not show us the page tabs. We have hid and unhide the tabs using the options box. Is there a way to fix this? Lets hope we get a reply, I have same problem and asked again. Opened book with tabs, ran a macro to sort and print and tabs disappeared and I cant find. SG <cyclingmerlin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ff562108-d923-4f8f-8ac9-bf34d9c5cb76@f47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > We recently had office 2007 insta...

replace manual page breaks WITH section breaks
Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and replacing them WITH something else, but there seems to be no way to do the reverse -- there is no Section Break choice in the Replace With pop-up window. Typing in ^b just produces an error. Is there a way to do this? Thank you all, -Lynne Please ignore question, folks. I just found a workaround here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/136260 -Lynne Here it "Elessvie" wrote: > Hello everyone -- There is no problem searching FOR section breaks and > replacing them WITH somethin...

Summing in page footer
In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is "NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is = [NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or will be entered on teh form... THanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:41:10...

Publisher 2007 will not open my old files
What to do? All of a sudden, my Publisher 2007 will not open any of my publisher files, even others done in publisher 2007. It crashes EVERY TIME. I have run Office Diagnostics twice, with no result. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2007 TWICE, still no change. Do I just abandon it and go back to Publisher 2003? I've run virus scans, defragged, tried other versions of these files, tried files done by others - NOTHING works. it will start a new project, but will not open an old project without crashing. Can I install Publisher 2003 and use it even though I have Office ...

Downloaded transactions must be re-accepted every time
I bought Money 2005 last week and got it all set up. But when I turned on the auto-reconcile downloaded transactions option, I found that every transaction it pulled from my bank servers for the last month had to be re-accepted even though it had been downloaded, accepted, and reconciled. Turning this option off didn't fix the problem. It is very frustrating because I can't tell what's new and what's not now. It treats all my old dowloaded and reviewed transactions as something new. Anyone know why or how to fix it? In microsoft.public.money, BASIC since TRS-80 wro...

Center on Page

Memory for rendering a report page
Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? If so, is it possible to increase the default? Type a question (i.e., Access specifications) on help filed of access window. -- HTP Adnan If I have helped and/or answered your question, please let me know by replying or clicking question answered (below positioned ‘Yes’ button). "anthony" wrote: > Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a report page? > If so, is it possible to increase the default? > anthony wrote: >Does Access limit the amount of memory needed to render a r...

How do I get Front Page 2003 to work with Windows7
I have been using FrontPage 2003 to update our website. Last month I updated my computer to Windows7 and Office 2007. Several days later I try to log on to Front page and receive the following message : " The operating system is not presently configured to run this application. Load failed Cannont load MSO.DLL" Has anyone had a similar experience? Or any advice? Change the compatibility to Windows XP. (BTW, if you search this newsgroup, you'll see this issue has been addressed many times._ -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 -----...

insert multiple page Word document into Excel
How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the Word document? Hi this is IMHO not the way Excel will work (and I doubt this is possible) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S.W." <S.W.@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D7087D76-A4F3-46BB-90A9-FEB054B24AEB@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a multiple page Word document into Excel so that I can view > the pages by scrolling down the spreadsheet without opening or editing the > Word doc...

Epson Stylus NX515 does not print, not even a Test page
I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not print. Not even a test page. Here is a link to Epson trouble shooting site. Make sure when you want to print you pick your printer if there is a list of printers. "Ritter197" wrote: > I use Windows 7 and the Epson Stylus NX515 is on and the wireless light is > also on. But it does not print. The documents are in the queue but do not > print. Not even a test page. > > . > http://www.epson.com...

How do I autodate(excel) every 7 days ex. 1/1/06-1/31/06?
Enter 1/1/2006 in A1 In A2 enter =A1+7 Drag/copy down. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 11:36:03 -0800, "tlk1214" <tlk1214@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY BODY
HAVE A HAPPY AND A SAFE NEW YEAR MSW ...

Hi, Do someone have in their archives a function that pulls bitmap images from a toolbar image? Somthing like: HBITMAP = GetToolbarImage(UINT nToolbar_resource_ID, UINT nImageIndex, ButtonCx, ButtonCy); So if the images were (from left) (0)Cut, (1)Copy, (2)Paste, then GetToolbarImage(ID_TOOLBAR, 2, 16, 15) would fetch the Paste image (zero based index). Like the LoadBitmap(..) function, but from a toolbar image. If not, can somone hint how i can get started on performing this function? joe # OK, i solved my problem, well almost..., i have 2 questions... (1) Is there any way th...

USB RNDIS image is not downloading in wince 5.0
Hi, Thanks for all ur great support. Now I got bootme message from my device and my device is detected in PB (target->connectivity options->Ethernet settings). But when i give Target->AttachDevice, the image is not downloading, at that time bootme is transferred to host. i set ip address both side by manually. ping and ipconfig is working perfectly in PC side. Any idea. Regards - D. your device IP address and your PC IP address must be in same subnet. Means if your device IP address is 192.168.0.<some unique value > then your PC IP is also 192.168.0. <...

Publisher is opening with Adobe EVERY TIME
I have to open publisher by selecting open with.. then choose publisher to get into my publisher program. It automatically tries to open with Adobe. Have you checked your file associations? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy" <Amy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3BCF171-0DEC-4DD0-804C-F13680688F1C@microsoft.com... >I have to open publisher by selecting open with.. then choose publisher to > get into my publisher program. It automatically tries to open with Adobe. Right-click any Publisher file, properties, opens with.... change...

Continue page numbering from previous document while Indexing
Hi! I have a very long document that I have split into several smaller documents to work on and consequently, I have set the page numbering for each subsequent according to the last page of the previous document: "Document #1: Page 1-500" "Document #2: Page 501-750" "Document #3: Page 751-900" However, when I do Indexing in Document #2, regardless of the page number I have set up, it reverts to Page 1 when updating the Index and resets the entire page numbering in that document. How can I 'force' the Indexing to recognize the subsequent pag...

if a cell has a value greater than 0, then atomaticaly goto a seperate page for addit
Dear Help forum, I'm trying to set up a formula that will automatically move me t another sheet if a value greater than 0 is entered in certin cells. Thank you Fran -- Franks ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Frankso's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3011 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49797 A formula returns a value to the cell that holds it. It can't move you. But maybe you could use a =hyperlink() formula that would allow you to click the link and go to the ...