Revert to Office 2004

I acquired Office 2008 for my Imac and have been dissapointed with its
inability to handle my Macros.
If I am able to obtain a full retail version of Office Mac 2004 is there any
problem in installing and using it?
--
Michael Q
0

On 6/30/09 2:16 PM, in article
883C304D-DD9D-4260-952A-230572B0DB21@microsoft.com, "Michael Q"
<Quincon@tnet.com.aunilspam> wrote:

> I acquired Office 2008 for my Imac and have been dissapointed with its
> inability to handle my Macros.
> If I am able to obtain a full retail version of Office Mac 2004 is there any
> problem in installing and using it?

Yes!

Use "Remove Office" found in this location to remove Office 2008.

"/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office/Remove
Office.app"

Manually remove these items that "Remove Office" in Office 2008 does not
get:

/Library/Receipts/office2008....
/Library/Fonts/Microsoft folder with fonts
/Library/Automator workflows
/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Folder (contains MERP,MAU)
/Library/Spotlight/mdimporter

~/Library it does not remove any Microsoft .plist files or the Microsoft
folder in the Library folder containing files and prefs. There could be some
old Microsoft 2004 files. It does include your dictionary file.

Install Office 2004. Restart then run this one combo updater:

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.5 Update released June 09, 2009. 59.2 MB.
This is a combo updater and contains all previous updates!

<http://tinyurl.com/klxgnq>

Restart your computer and you should have all your macros back.

Note: your Entourage Identity cannot be imported into Entourage 2004. You
will have to manually export the data and import it into Entourage 2004.

How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move
to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>

Lastly, You can run both Office 2004 and Office 2008 at the same time. You
might select to run Entourage 2008 and Word 2004.

Hope this helps!

--
Diane

Diane, thank you very much.
--
Michael Q

"Diane Ross" wrote:

> On 6/30/09 2:16 PM, in article
> 883C304D-DD9D-4260-952A-230572B0DB21@microsoft.com, "Michael Q"
> <Quincon@tnet.com.aunilspam> wrote:
>
> > I acquired Office 2008 for my Imac and have been dissapointed with its
> > inability to handle my Macros.
> > If I am able to obtain a full retail version of Office Mac 2004 is there any
> > problem in installing and using it?
>
> Yes!
>
> Use "Remove Office" found in this location to remove Office 2008.
>
> "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office/Remove
> Office.app"
>
> Manually remove these items that "Remove Office" in Office 2008 does not
> get:
>
> /Library/Receipts/office2008....
> /Library/Fonts/Microsoft folder with fonts
> /Library/Automator workflows
> /Library/Application Support/Microsoft Folder (contains MERP,MAU)
> /Library/Spotlight/mdimporter
>
> ~/Library it does not remove any Microsoft .plist files or the Microsoft
> folder in the Library folder containing files and prefs. There could be some
> old Microsoft 2004 files. It does include your dictionary file.
>
> Install Office 2004. Restart then run this one combo updater:
>
> Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.5 Update released June 09, 2009. 59.2 MB.
> This is a combo updater and contains all previous updates!
>
> <http://tinyurl.com/klxgnq>
>
> Restart your computer and you should have all your macros back.
>
> Note: your Entourage Identity cannot be imported into Entourage 2004. You
> will have to manually export the data and import it into Entourage 2004.
>
> How to manually move your data. (when import fails and/or you need to move
> to a new Identity same version or revert to an older version)
>
> <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/manual_install.html>
>
> Lastly, You can run both Office 2004 and Office 2008 at the same time. You
> might select to run Entourage 2008 and Word 2004.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --
> Diane

0
Quincon (11)

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

Reverying back to Office 2004 from Office 2008
I need to revert back to Office 2004 because Office 2008 Student Edition won't access my Exchange Server. How would I go about this while keeping my identitry? From the last several posts in this thread, under "how to go back" http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage/browse_thread/thread/64543d7f938c0c09/5b9cd43909f48421#5b9cd43909f48421 2 options: 1) use Entourage 2008 to export an archive of your identity. Entourage 2004 should be able to open that archive. (File Export and File Import) 2) Your Office 2004 identity should still be in username...

Excel and Open Office #2
I have made a Excel file with many worksheets. Of which i have protected and hidden some of the worksheets. I works fine in the windows. But in Open Office (Linux) all the hidden files also gets opened. which is a security breach. any workarounds? not to display the hidden worksheet in Open office. Kindly help This was a duplicate thread, the original was posted twelve minutes before this thread was started. Please refer to your original posting/thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=6D8216FA-78F8-4212-8B74-1465897492F5%40microsoft.com Don't know if the link will ...

Ultrasoft MoneyLink for Money 2004?
Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to work with Money 2004? If so, any word on when that might be available? Thanks... --Tad I expect to see a version for 2004 -- and think it will come out shortly after the official Money 2004 release. -- Will you sponsor me in the Tour de Cure? http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1058&px=1626087 "Tad Price" <tadprice@bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:003b01c34fb1$6781c770$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Do you know if Ultrasoft MoneyLink will be updated to > work with Money 2004? If so, any word on...

Office 2007 expiration
I'm using the Office 2007 beta and I know the beta expires sometime early next year...March, maybe? I had always thought of myself as fairly typical but now find that, according to Microsoft, if I'm a typical home user, I have no want or need for Outlook but, instead, I want some sort of note taking program or whatever the heck one gets with "home" Office along with Word and whatever else is included. I can certainly afford to pay for one of the higher end Office setups so that I'll get Outlook but it bothers me and I'd prefer to simply buy Outlook which bri...

how do I install templates into office 2003 publisher
I downloaded CD Label and Jewel Case Inserts from Poly Line. My problem is I find no way of installing them in MS Office 2003 Publisher. I also downloaded their templates for Word 2003 and they install fine but Word doesn't work like Publisher. I ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I A...

Microsoft Office 2000 Professional
My computer currently uses Microsoft Windows 98 as an operating system. On this Computer , I succesfully manage a website for a Snooker League using Publisher from Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional. As well as using many other aspects of the Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional , programme. As my computer is now nearly ready for replacement, my question is : - If I purchase a new Computer with either XP or Vista as the operating system , will Microsoft Office 2000 proffessional work on the new computer and will I be able to continue managing the website. Regards, sarnia I have no exp...

Using Office 2004 and Office 2008 on the Same Computer
Hello all, Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on the same computer? Alternatively, can I buy a Apple Script recorder so that I can easily create Apple Macros? Then I wouldn't care if I had Word and Excel 2004... Regards to all! JP On 4/30/08 10:57 AM, in article 3f85aac8-1b31-44b6-9fd9-9f383cae765d@k13g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "jpensuisse@gmail.com" <jpensuisse@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello all, > > Is it possible to install say Word 2004 and Excel 2004 and Entourage > 2008 and Powerpoint 2008 on th...

My password don't work on my MS Money 2004 Business edition
Hi everyone, I am panicing.My Microsoft Money Small Business Edition password is not working. Somehow my password changed. All my business data and personal financial data is on there and i don't know what to do. About two days my password does not work. I did not change anything. I wanted to print an invoice and it wouldn't allow me to. It would not allow me to go further without a password. Is there a solution to this problem or I am just doomed. Please do a search... if you did a very little superficial search, you will notice MANY people having the same problem. >-----Or...

2008 upgrade didn't remove 2004
The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is still there. Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? Delete 2008 and start over? Thank you, Charles In article <NoSpam-FCD6DE.10104517012008@sfo.news.speakeasy.net>, Charles <NoSpam@NoSpam.tld> wrote: > The Office 2008 upgrade seemed to install fine (OS X 10.4.11) but it > didn't offer to remove my previous Office 2004 installation, which is > still there. > > Should I just delete 2004 from Applications? ...

2 CDs in my Office Professional 2007. What is second cd for?
I have 2 cds in my case for MS Office Professional full version. What is the second cd for. No instructs to tell me what it is for. I have up to 3 computers to install to. But only 2 cds. Anyone know what the second cd is for? The 2nd CD is for Microsoft Office 2007 business Contact Manager. You don't need to install this if you are not likely to use it. Its purpose is to create a database of your business customers to include details like Name, Address, Business telephone numbers, Mobile/Cell phone numbers, Faxes, emails etc etc. Its size should be 253,502 KB. ...

Converting to Money 2004 from Quicken2002
I am trying to decide whether to stick with Quicken or move to Money. TaxCut and MS are offering a good rebate but I cannot convert my data with the trial edition of Money. It provides the very useful message,"Your Quicken file could not be converted." I sometimes wonder if they pay people to think these up. Checking this group suggests that this is not an isolated incident. If I cannot convert, I cannot switch. There is too much to enter. Is there a log file somewhere that might tell me more? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Otis Bricker wrote: >I am trying to decide whe...

Office Update 10.2.3 kills network connections to shares.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Don't ask me why, but I witnessed this myself. I just did a clean install on a 27&quot; iMac updated the OS to 10.6.2 set up several SMB shares and ran the final office update 10.2.1.(which I had disk images of) I left the clients place telling him to use the software update on MS Office for the remaining updates. He updated his Office to 10.2.3 and it killed the ability to connect to the shares I had already set up. I went back and tried to reconnect the shares and the &quot;Connect to Server&qu...

How to open Word and Excel files in Office 2004?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Even though I have Office 2004(O4) installed, when I click on the individual files, they still open up in Office for OSX (OX). How do I get them to open up in O4 instead of OX?? I�d hate to delete OX and not have access to any of my Office files. Thanks. Frank --B_3188235263_964481 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1&qu...

Out Of Office
Can anyone advise how to do the following. Say for example you have a employee who only works Mon, Wed and Fri is there a way to set up automatically an out of office message that will only activate on them given days ? rather than having to go in and enable it every night to say your not in the next day. Its a common thing for people to work part time so i would imagine something can be done automatically somehow Duncan You might be able to use something like this: http://www.cdolive.com/outofofficecalendar.htm Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower ht...

Can't sign into Money 2004
I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. I called HP and they said uninstall and reinstall, but it didn't work. I have no choices except to enter password; the only selection is File - new, restore, backup, close. I tried to uninstall and install Money 2005 trial version -same problem. What can I do? -- Diane In microsoft.public.money, Diane wrote: >I tried to use Money 2004 installed on my HP laptop, and it asks for a >passowrd. My .netpassport does not work. Did you successfully use Money 2004 on...

Sounds, PPT 2004 11.3.5 ICONs show during slide show
I need help with sounds and not being able to hide the SOUND ICON from showing during the presentation. I have a large presentation and about 20 slides have sounds (bird songs, music clips) to go with the photos. I have used the same presentation and the sounds worked flawlessly many times over the last few years. I now have a problem. Unlike before, the sounds do NOT play for several of the slides, (except as explained below) On those slides for which I have wave files indicated by the icon that looks like a speaker (with a blue circle in the middle) the sounds work fine. I hide the icon by p...

Virtual accounts in Money 2004. Good idea or not? Opinions?
I am a firm believer in the general financial lessons taught by Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. One of his techniques is the envelope system. You have different envelopes setup for rent or mortgage, groceries, clothing, electricity, etc; whatever you have on your normal monthly budget. Each paycheck you insert into each envelope however much you need to have enough to cover that bill at the end of the month or whenever the bill is due. This works great if you work with only cash but I usually don't cash my paychecks nor do I want to start keeping a bunch of cash lyi...

ALOT of fonts are missing from my newly installed Office XP!
I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was horrified to realise that I had hardly ANY fonts!!! I knew that Publisher would usually give out the most amount of fonts but even this had a very small number of fonts. I know that these programs are supposed to come with a lot more so what can I do to fix it?!!! Is there somewhere specific I can go instead of searching all those sites to find out where to get this and similar fonts or what? Please help!!! Alessandro wrote: > I recently installed office xp and after starting up a few documents I was > ho...

Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style- Office 2003
Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. Leila Hello Leila, mmh, which name? Your name on the top? You could change it in the Account Options under Username. >-----Original Message----- >Cannot Omit or Change Name When Printing in Memo Style by >outlook 2003. Any help is appreciated. >Leila > >. > No, printing is pretty limited... You could hit forward or reply and print, then close the message. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vis...

60 day free MS Office 2007 installation issues
until I receive my new copy of MS Office 2007 I want to use the free 60 day trial but when I try and register the trial key I get a error message that says a communication error has occured try again later??? I need this now and it has been giving me this error all day? HELP!! Was the Trial preinstalled or did you download it from MS? Did you purchase Office on line, and are using the key mailed to you? "HollyZ27" <HollyZ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D287919-F72A-467F-8018-8C0C2063275F@microsoft.com... > until I receive my new co...

how can i open a .mdb file made in 2000 with office microsoft 97
my mom made a .mdb disc and i seem unable to open it. she has office 97 on her computer and not sure what is on mine. how can i open this file for it has important info to which i need. i can't ask her for she died recently. please can someone help me? First of all you need to see if you have Access installed on your computer. Go to Start, Programs, and look for something like Microsoft Office. See if Access is listed. If not you probably don't have Access and can't open the file. You also check by opening up another Office product, say Word, and then going to Help, Abo...

Help Please revert file
I am running Excel 2000. I opened a file up and did modifications. I then wanted to save as another file unfortunately I hit the save button. Is there any way I can get my old file back. Ron Hi Ron, The unfortunate answer is that unless you have a backup copy or suitable recovery software installed, you will not be able to undo the changes. -- Regards, Norman "Ron Gibson" <aspexpert@comcast.net> wrote in message news:%23x0nLYW$EHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I am running Excel 2000. I opened a file up and did modifications. I then > wanted to save as an...

ms office 2004 power point
Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an attachment to a pc? delwald <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone else having trouble sending power point presentations in an > attachment to a pc? Nope. Any specific problem you'd be experiencing ?? Make sure you don;t includ Mac specific media in the presentations though (eg PICT or .mov). Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP...

Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000
Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? "Trooper" <Trooper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C9799F5-84A5-4A8C-AA6B-646F66FAC021@microsoft.com... > Excel Programs developed in Office 2000 on Windows 2000 System are dreadfully > slow when used in Office 2003 on a system running Windows XP. What the heck? Can you be more specific please. What does these programs do? /Fredrik The program to which I referred to earlier is one I develope...