Reinstalling Office v X after reinstalling all software #2

The hard drive crashed/broke (Mac mini). Got new hard drive. Installed
OS (10.3.7) and applications, etc. from system disk. Went to reinstall
Office v X and I find out it's an UPDATE disk and wants the original
application folder! I must assume that Office for Mac .."TEST"? was
it?... came installed on the Mac, but it doesn't show up after the
re-install. How do I get Office v X back on my computer?
Thanks for any help.

0
clongest (2)

Quicken Import #2
I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking, investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1) When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore? I have a considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts. Thanks, Marty In microsoft.pub...

Unable to Open "Outlook Today" in Office 2000
Several users at our company are having a problem with MS Office 2000 (SR1) v9.0.0.3821 - the "Outlook Today" main mailbox. Although every user can click on this folder/option along the left hand tree they are unable to click/open the "customize Outlook Today" icon. The icon is present, not greyed out or anyting, but no matter how many times you click on it nothing happens. - So far we've deleted all temp/temp internet files, cleaned/optimized the registry, uninstalled and reinstalled Office (Outlook), installed all options in Outlook, & deleted the word &...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

MacFixIt Special Report on Office slow to launch
How about some comments on what others have done ----------------------------- Title: Mac OS X 10.5.2 Special Report: Microsoft Office applications slow to launch Date: Wednesday, February 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM PST Read the full article at http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080227123853596 ------------------------------ MacFixit calls it a "Special Report"???? Must be a slow news week - this "fix" has been in circulation for nearly a month now: http://bbold.com/blog/apple/speed-up-microsoft-office-2008-for-mac/ Works for some, not for others, and many don'...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

newbie, missing OWC11 and Office WEb Components on install
I had a configured instance of SQL SErver Express 2005 and am trying to install to the sql server express advanced edition onto this first instance as well as the toolkit. I follow the instructions for getting the right instance it goes through the install but I get an error in the log regarding the OWC11 doesn't get installed and it wants something more than OFfice 2003? It wants the office web components. What am I missing to get this installed? I have IIS running. thanks, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 9.00.4035.00 ============================== OS Version : ...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

Hidden tabs #2
I am using Excell 2003 If I have a file with several tabs hidden is there a way to unhide them all at once, rather than using Format, Sheet, Unhide for each tab? -- CWH One way .. Roger Govier gave me this sub a few years ago .. The following will carry out the unhide for all sheets within the workbook Sub ShowSheets() Dim s As Worksheet For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets s.Visible = True Next End Sub -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

Active X Control in Outlook
I have a user who is using Outlook XP and when he goes to send an email he gets the following error. Your current security settings prohibit running Active X Control on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly. The title bar of this window says Microsoft Internet Explorer. I tried disabling under the custom button in I.E. his Active X controls but no go. Where is the setting to disable this restriction. The user has some images or graphics on his emails that I believe is causing this error. Thanks. Sounds like a default signature to me. Tried recreating the (HTM...

Software copy-protection strategies involving unlock codes
I would like to learn about strategies for protecting my software against illicit copying, by supplying users with unlock codes which they have to use to unlock the program's full functionality. Does anyone know of any good books on this topic, or other sources of information on it. TIA Simon I don't, although I've done a bit of work in this area myself. The first issue you need to deal with is how to stop a customer that has the code from being able to give it to someone else. I simply have the code tied to the customers name and company, if any. This way, they can st...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

Entourage won't switch when MS office and messenger are already closed!
When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband and I switch our email acounts we get get a message to close all MS office programs including messenger. NONE of these programs are open! When I force close the program I still get the same message when I reopen it. I must restart my computer to fix this problem. Is this a bug? Any once else have this problem? On 1/31/07 5:19 PM, in article 1170292740.191794.90830@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "aebaron@earthlink.net" <aebaron@earthlink.net> wrote: > When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband ...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Blank pages #2
My worksheet has 47 pages, but only data on 9 pages. In print preview it's showing hundreds of empty rows. I have deleted them, saved, closed the file, but they are still there. How do I get this crazy thing to print down to the last row where there is data, and no further? I don't want to set the print area because then I have to reset it everytime I add more rows of data. Thank you Connie Mississauga, Canada If you didn't delete the rows using the row number on the left, try that. Be sure and save. I have heard that one some versions you had to leave quit Excel and co...

importing from netscape 7.2
Hello I have Outlook 2003 I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that Thank you K kurb wrote: > Hello > > I have Outlook 2003 > I want import all my my files from Netscape 7.2, how may I do that > > Thank you > > K Transferring Email from Netscape 7.1 to Outlook/Outlook Express http://home.att.net/~cherokee67/ns7mailtoOEorO.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk The easiest and fastest solution is to use Aid4Mail. It can export your Netscape mail directly into MS Outlook....

Mass Email #2
Hi all... another fun question. Is there a way to setup and email so that when it recieves an email it will re-send it to every other email in a list? Like a Team email account? Thanks for the help all. Er... distribution groups? everyone gets copy of an email to a common email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF71F1E4-4B5C-4AF0-8DA1-7BF34BC3B703@microsoft.com... > Hi all... another fun questio...

Remove account from online update #2
I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online update? TIA, Joe R In microsoft.public.money, bdog wrote: >I had two Citbank credit cards which I updated through Money(2007). I have >cancelled one of the cards. How do I remove that account from the online >update? If both the same login credentials, I would just mark the cancelled card as Closed in Money. ...

R1C1 reference style #2
I know how to get rid of it now - maybe not permanently, it seems to come back as a default at times. But does anyone know what it's actaully used for? Tools|options|General Tab|check/uncheck R1C1 Reference style. Believe it or not, some people like working this way! (It is a nice way to compare formulas that should be the same, though.) And excel picks it up from the first workbook you opened that session. You may just be unlucky enough to open a workbook that was saved (by someone else???) in R1C1 reference style. Peg P wrote: > > I know how to get rid of it now - maybe ...