Registering multiple MS Office product keys

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

I have home & student Office with 3 different product keys on the back of the DVD sleeve - so I'm assuming 3 licences. The product key i find in About is different from any of the 3 on the back of the and this product key is the only one that is accepted when I register. Hence I cannot seem to use the product on more than one mac at the same time. Any thoughts? Thanks
0
anniee (1)

In article <ee98108.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
 anniee@officeformac.com wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> I have home & student Office with 3 different product keys on the back of the
> DVD sleeve - so I'm assuming 3 licences. The product key i find in About is
> different from any of the 3 on the back of the and this product key is the
> only one that is accepted when I register. Hence I cannot seem to use the
> product on more than one mac at the same time. Any thoughts? Thanks

You don't need to *register* at all to use the product on multiple Macs.
The only thing registration is good for is signing up for an
eNewsletter. Getting one of those a month is probably more than
sufficient.

The keys on the disk sleeve are CD Keys, one for each license, and are
different than the Product ID which is generated when you enter the key
when you first run Office.

Just make sure you use a different CD key for each machine and don't
worry about registering at all.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

ms money trial, converting from quicken, missing categorie
i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken 2005. all seems well. except i have 11,000+ transactions with missing categories i've tried removing all categories in money 2006 before the conversion, same number of transactions missing categories i've tried loading all the categories in money 2006, and doing the conversion. same number of transactions any help? this is definately a show stopper :-( jd In microsoft.public.money, john dekker wrote: >i downloaded the ms money 2006 trial, and did the conversion from quicken >2005. all seems wel...

out of office messages
i have an outlook 2002 exchange on my windows 2000 and i am trying to figure out how to attach an out of office message to another computer on my network. ...

MS Money 2005 and the internet
Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a file? Can I make it not do this? What about users that aren't connected? A1) Apparently because Microsoft thinks Most Users Prefer(tm) it this way. A2) No that anybody knows of short of disabling the network. A3) It fails to connect. "pickle" <pickle@comcast.net> wrote in message news:SrKdnaq2IfCqKZvfRVn-pQ@comcast.com... > Why does MS Money insist on connecting to the internet when you open a > file? Can I make it not do this? > > What about users that aren't connected? > ...

MS Word 2001(for Mac) Error
Trying to resolve an issue where MS Word give a dialogue box saying that the document is "in use" although there is no other computer with it open. We restarted the computer, disabled our security software (FoolProof) and I have not been able to get the documents in question open. ...

motion paths for Office V. X
I am using Microsoft Office V. X for Mac OS X, specifically Powerpoint. I notice that there is no support for the following: - motion paths - limited customization of the timing of graphic effects (for example, you cannot insert a pause after an effect is displayed, only before) - customizing the order of effects (once you "insert" an effect, it can only be added or removed, not re-ordered) Is there a way to gain access to these features? Is there an update I can install? Am I missing something? Thanks, Eric Jaffe I see that you have found the Mac.office.powerpoint group. T...

What is the best way to create a Product Inventory in office 2007
I am new to this and I have noticed that the templates are available in various places. I don't know if I use access or excel or word .I also want to do a sales brochure, a purchase order and a web page Can anyone help me to understand which is best for each of these. Access for your inventory Publisher for your sales brouchures Excel for your purchase orders Expression Web for your website -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "New User" <New User@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Product evaluation business logic?
Hi need an advice again. i'm thinking about the way to implement product evaluation business logic in mscrm. we sell software and sometimes we give it out for evaluation. some companies buy our software after evaluation, some simply return it. in some cases evaluation is not for free. I guess i need to use opportunity with some special status option for evaluation and attach an invoice if evaluation costs something. will this work? or should i use salesorder with order cancelation (if evaluation has no result) to support standard rules of invoicing, product shipment? please correct me w...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

Entourage won't switch when MS office and messenger are already closed!
When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband and I switch our email acounts we get get a message to close all MS office programs including messenger. NONE of these programs are open! When I force close the program I still get the same message when I reopen it. I must restart my computer to fix this problem. Is this a bug? Any once else have this problem? On 1/31/07 5:19 PM, in article 1170292740.191794.90830@a34g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, "aebaron@earthlink.net" <aebaron@earthlink.net> wrote: > When using Entourage every once in a while while my husband ...

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

Multiple Attachment issue
We are having problems with multiple attachments to messages in Outlook. Here is our environemnt: Windows 2003 AD Exch 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 The problem is that occasionally when users send multiple attachments the attachments will have the wrong name or the content of one of more attachments will be "scrambled" when the message is received. This does not happen every time but only occasionally. We do not have information store corruption (which is where we looked first). We have a case open with Microsoft but we are not really making any progress. I know this issue is happening ...

Microsoft office #2
will my microsoft office for a pc run on a Mac if I decide to get one, or do I have to start all over again with Microsoft products? Hi, PCs and Macs are very different. The software is also very different, so your Windows software won't run unless you do it in emulation using a Virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <01ec01c3ccd6$1a75a0d0$a301...

Using Trebuchet MS Font : Bold and Italic not in Font Dialog
I've read that you should use the actual "bold variant" family of a font instead of just choosing "bold" (because the latter would just make it heavier and you might lose some definition/character). 1. Is this true? 2. When In use Trebuchet MS in Publisher or Word 2003 they don't show the bold or italic versions that are in the Font folder (Trebuchet MS Bold,etc.) Do they just automagically use the bold family when you bold something? And, if so (BONUS QUESTION) : is this better, the same, or worse "looking" than a font with a special different f...

MS Money 2005
I goofed and set up several inventory products as non-inventory products...is there hope to convert same? Eric A. Nicolaus ...

How do I eliminate duplicate addresses from multiple lists?
Just moved to Exchange from GroupWise. I maintain seperate address lists in excel and access and some of the addresses are in both lists. In GroupWise I could copy an entire column of addresses from an Excel spreadsheet into the To: box and blanks would be eliminated, then I could copy a column of addresses from an access database into the To: box and both blanks and duplicate email addresses are eliminated. How can I configure Outlook to do this? Nichol1947 <Nichol1947@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just moved to Exchange from GroupWise. I maintain seperate address ...

does office 2007 work with windows 7
Ihave a new computer with and want to buy office home & student, will it work with windows 7 Yes -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "jackis" <jackis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB60EF4E-C0E8-4955-9021-496F7924516A@microsoft.com... > Ihave a new computer with and want to buy office home & student, will it > work > with windows 7 ...

*Keeping* multiple CToolbars docked in a single row during window resize
I have an MDI app with several toolbars docked in a single row (using DockControlBarLeftOf etc.) I am trying to prevent the rightmost toolbars from repositioning beneath the other toolbars in the same row as the main window frame is resized. Currently each toolbar is automatically repositioned on the left of the screen in order to prevent it going out of view as the window width shrinks. I would like to keep the toolbars as they are initially set; in a single row, during any window sizing operations. I still need to make the toolbars *manually* draggable, floatable and moveable by user mou...

Is there a trick to having multiple email accounts now!?
I've always had a couple of different email accounts setup in Outlook Express. When I send a message, I select which email address I want the recipient to see as the "sent from" address. Today I tried to add more email accounts, but Outlook won't send mail from them. The new email accounts are from the same place, and I copied the same settings over from the accounts that already work. But no dice. Messages won't send from them. I then deleted all the accounts, disabled virus scanning and then set them up again one at a time - and tested each one as I went. They al...

Web Services access to MS-CRM by Java and http: post
I am trying to integrate MS-CRM with a number of non .NET based applications. While it's true that MS-CRM is based on a web services architecture, the only way I've been able to successfully integrate is by uilding .NET code using the Microsoft Proxy dll. Is there any third party integrator that simply takes all the Microsoft CRM objects and exposes them through standard SOAP calls or better yet, http posts? I want to be able to call alll of the MS-CRM objects from non .NET platforms without having to custom code every object. - Sterling This is a multi-part message in MIME forma...

Office 2007 or 2010
If I buy Office 2007 will there be a free or a reduced rate to upgrade to 2010 when it is released or should I wate for 2010 to come out. -- Mbennett I at least have no idea yet and I presume others have not either.MS did not put out the pricing to the public yet -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "mbennett58" <mbennett58@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C80A4A2F-7C46-45A6-9654-DD8DC7778B85@microsoft.com... > If I buy Office 2007 will there...

WEB Query in Office For Mac 2004
I have one simple question Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not exist. I like this option and use it alot at work on the WINDOWS version. Having this option would sway me to buying it for sure. THANKS In article <944a5172.0409260409.68a71831@posting.google.com>, simon.simonblack@gmail.com (Simon Black) wrote: > Does the function "WEB QUERY" in excel of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC exist. I > have a trail verison of OFFICE 2004 FOR MAC but this feature does not ...

IMF: Shouldn't this option be in the product?
IMF is setup and working wonderfully. I'm using IMF and Connection Filter. The problem is, we have obscure mailboxes (AD accounts w/ Exchange mail) that sometimes receive email. The email generally comes from users who send via HTML forms. So the email looks like UCE, but it's not. How do I configure IMF to say "any time an email is addressed to 'fred@ourdomain.com' always let it thru?" Many thanks and kudos in advance to who knows the answer IMF: How to exclude recipients from IMF filtering http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/04/imf-how-to-exclude-recipie...

MS Word vs MS Publisher
I like the way MS Publisher works. However, I noticed that MS Word seems to be preferred over MS Publisher in preparing manuscripts. Why is this so? Doesn't MS Publisher have what Word has plus more? Tom Thomas Minter wrote: > I like the way MS Publisher works. However, I noticed > that MS Word seems to be preferred over MS Publisher > in preparing manuscripts. Why is this so? Doesn't MS > Publisher have what Word has plus more? > > Tom ================================= Not the same...MS Word is a word processor and though Publisher has certain text options... it is...

Converting MS query from Excel 2003 to Excel 2007
I have a master spreadsheet that I want to convert to xlsm format. However, I have two other spreadsheets that utilize MS Query to pull data from my master spreadsheet. How can I convert my master spreadsheet without losing the MS queries I have built in the other two spreadsheets? Is there a simple conversion process? I have tried to update the individual ms queries but I keep on getting error messages when I point to my master spreadsheet with the xlsm extension. Thanks. The "problem" with MS-Query and Excel 2007 is that instead of downloading the query to a data...