Recently installed Microsoft Office 2008 and now I cannot open Excel, Powerpoint or Word

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac earlier this month through a Lease program my work offers. Upon installation I was able to use Excel, Powerpoint and Word. I tried to open up some of the excel files I was using and I would get an error message. I tried opening up the other applications such as powerpoint and word and those to were affected. I am able to open entourage as well as the messenger and project gallery. I tried installing the service pack updates and restarting my computer and that did not help.

I also unistalled and reinstalled the office application and that did not help either. The error message I receive is below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Date/Time: 2009-08-29 15:17:50 -0700
Application Name: Microsoft Excel
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Excel
Application Signature: XCEL
Application Version: 12.2.0.090605
Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: 0x000076a6
Blame Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Blame Module Version: unknown
Blame Module Offset: 0x000076a6
Application LCID: 1033
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409

Thread 0 crashed:

# 1 0x0204c6a6 in _RegInitialize + 0x000008CE (MicrosoftOLE + 0x000076a6)
# 2 0x0204c8e6 in _RegInitialize + 0x00000B0E (MicrosoftOLE + 0x000078e6)
# 3 0x0204b010 in _RegFlush + 0x00000506 (MicrosoftOLE + 0x00006010)
# 4 0x0204bdaf in _RegOpenKey + 0x00000045 (MicrosoftOLE + 0x00006daf)
# 5 0x0213d2d3 in _IsolateFilename + 0x00000095 (MicrosoftOLEAutomation + 0x0003e2d3)
# 6 0x0213f585 in _LoadRegTypeLibOfSzGuid + 0x00000057 (MicrosoftOLEAutomation + 0x00040585)
# 7 0x0213f9c8 in _LoadRegTypeLib + 0x000000CE (MicrosoftOLEAutomation + 0x000409c8)
# 8 0x03c88234 in _ChartInitialize + 0x00000078 (MicrosoftChartPlugin + 0x0008e234)
# 9 0x0156778e in _McpInitializeAllFrameworks + 0x000002C6 (MicrosoftComponentPlugin + 0x0005178e)
# 10 0x015676cd in _McpInitializeAllFrameworks + 0x00000205 (MicrosoftComponentPlugin + 0x000516cd)
# 11 0x00417eaa in __mh_execute_header + 0x00416EAA (Microsoft Excel + 0x00416eaa)
# 12 0x0048e4be in __mh_execute_header + 0x0048D4BE (Microsoft Excel + 0x0048d4be)
# 13 0x0048e3e5 in __mh_execute_header + 0x0048D3E5 (Microsoft Excel + 0x0048d3e5)

X86 Thread State:
 eax: 0x00000000 ebx: 0x0204c62a ecx: 0xa02f4720 edx:0x0438bf40
 edi: 0x00000001 esi: 0x0438bf4c ebp: 0xbffff228 esp:0xbffff1f0
  ss: 0x0000001f eip: 0x0204c6a6 cs: 0x00000017 ds:0x0000001f
  es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x00000000 gs: 0x00000037 eflags:0x00010213

Thread 1:

# 1 0x9327b3a6 in _signgam + 0x930D4482 (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x000013a6)
# 2 0x93302eab in _signgam + 0x9315BF87 (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x00088eab)
# 3 0x021d9271 in _MerpCopyURLForActiveDocsCache + 0x00000E5D (merp + 0x00007271)
# 4 0x021d980d in _MerpCopyURLForActiveDocsCache + 0x000013F9 (merp + 0x0000780d)
# 5 0x021d97c0 in _MerpCopyURLForActiveDocsCache + 0x000013AC (merp + 0x000077c0)
# 6 0x021d8d61 in _MerpCopyURLForActiveDocsCache + 0x0000094D (merp + 0x00006d61)
# 7 0x932ac155 in _signgam + 0x93105231 (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x00032155)
# 8 0x932ac012 in _signgam + 0x931050EE (libSystem.B.dylib + 0x00032012)

X86 Thread State:
 eax: 0xffffffa6 ebx: 0x932f2287 ecx: 0xb00a0a5c edx:0x9327b3a6
 edi: 0x00000175 esi: 0xa10bdc13 ebp: 0xb00a0ac8 esp:0xb00a0a5c
  ss: 0x0000001f eip: 0x9327b3a6 cs: 0x00000007 ds:0x0000001f
  es: 0x0000001f fs: 0x0000001f gs: 0x00000037 eflags:0x00000202

Loaded modules:

0: Microsoft Excel (12.2.0.090605 Reg=en Loc=0x0409): /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Excel.app/Contents/MacOS/Microsoft Excel
1: Netlib: /Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Microsoft Excel.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/Netlib.framework/Versions/12/Netlib
2: MicrosoftComponentPlugin: /Applications/Microsoft Offic
0
scrubjake (1)

On 8/29/09 3:27 PM, in article 59b7b3b4.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"scrubjake@officeformac.com" <scrubjake@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I also unistalled and reinstalled the office application and that did not help
> either. The error message I receive is below. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

From your report it shows you are updated to 12.2.0, but your log indicates
MicrosoftOLE is involved. This is not one of the typical crashed modules we
see. It indicates to me your office files are the culprit.

Crashed Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Crashed Module Version: unknown
Crashed Module Offset: 0x000076a6
Blame Module Name: MicrosoftOLE
Blame Module Version: unknown

Testing in a new User will quickly tell you if the problem is system wide or
if it�s your User�s folder that contains the problem.

Go to System Preferences --> Create a New User in Accounts. Switch to the
New User by logging out/in or use Fast User Switching. Test Office there.

If the problem goes away then it's not your Office install, but if the
problem exists in this new User, then you need to do a re-install of Office.

Steps to re-install Office

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/reinstall_steps.html>

If the problem went away in the new User, see this page for help:

Troubleshooting Your User Account for a Problem

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/test_user.html>

BTW, how much free space on your drive and how much RAM? How to check....

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/faq_topic/performance2.html>

Let me know what you find in your testing.

--
Diane

CRM 3.0 and Microsoft VPC Help
Forum Members: I am trying to install Microsoft CRM 3.0 (VPC) and Microsoft VPC 5.3.582.45. I can't figure out how to get the CRM image up and running. My CRM files are loaded on an external hard drive. Please help! Thanks, Casey Please clarify: The CRM 3.0 VPC expired on 11/30/2008 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Virtual PC Demonstration - August 2007 Release: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=57394BC8-5ECC-422E-A066-34189F48F8C8&displaylang=en Directions: For the VPC documentation and demonstration materials: download the VPC Documentation and Demonstrati...

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9

New to excel

Looking for Excel Help

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

owa cant open ppt attachments

Document Viewer installer error

learning Excel #3

cannot open hyper links in outlook

How to get to email from Word

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Error 130