Receiveing a Microsoft Document in Word

Hi Guys

Recently I was sent a word document by a colleague that contained
algebraic equations. Upon receiving the document I noticed that it had
black boxes where the equations would be instead of the equations. I
have Microsoft Office for Mac on my Powerbook.Fortunately I also have
VirtualPC on my Powerbook with Office Professional also installed for
emergencies. I was able to access the document properly that way. The
question I have is what might have caused this and can I correct this
problem. I was under the impression that with Office for Mac these
problems would be eliminated.

0
shoshoni9 (2)

In article <1113715721.703930.297060@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "Shos" <shoshoni9@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have Microsoft Office for Mac on my Powerbook

Which version of Office and which MacOS?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/17/2005 7:04:13 AM
I have MacOSX 2.8 and OfficeX for Mac
On Virtual PC, I have VPC-7 and MicrosoftOffice XP Professional

0
shoshoni9 (2)

received date in saved items
Weekly I forward messages from work to my home e-mail address. When I used Outlook Express, messages that were moved from my inbox to my saved item folder would retain the original message date. Now in Outlook 2003, I am getting the date when I forwarded the message, not the original date. How can I retain the original date? Sorry, I wasn't really clear - I attach the e-mail messages to a cover e-mail. When I move the ATTACHED messages, they don't show the original date. They show the date of the cover e-mail. So if I forwarded messages from 11/1 through 11/7 but I forwar...

Outlook 2000 blocking Images in email received
I am in a corporate environement and I see the images sent internally but the other employee does not any ideas? ...

Need help with CDONTS or other object to receive mail in a specific way
Hello, Is it possible to write a script using CONDTS object to read all emails from the SMTP IIS "Drop" folder without changing the username and email address in LogonSMTP? or is there completely another way to do it. Here is what I want exactly the program to do: I just want to have one script that will be able to pickup and read all emails that arrive regardless of the email prefix. For example, I want the script to read: R34DY8@email.com , UH34GR@email.com , VM73G8@email.com in one run. As you notice, the email prefix is a special code that I will want to extract from every emai...

Balance adjustment in Microsoft Money
When I try to balance my MS money checking account I get sometimes this error. "for account adjustment, you have entered an income category for an expense, or an expense category for income. Do you want to change it?" It looks like that I am trying to place a balance ajustment in the wrong category. What I am doing is when my balance is negative I just categorize as a regular adjustment. But what happens when the difference is positive? How should I categorize it? Rod Categorizing the positive difference as the expense category is OK too. The warning is just that. This does m...

hyperlink pointing to a different page of the same word document
How do I create a hyperlink pointing to a different page of the same document? and then I want to be able to go back to the original page Bookmark the location that you want to link to. Then insert a hyperlink pointing to the bookmark ("Place in This Document" in the Hyperlink dialog box). To go back after you've clicked the link, press Alt+Left arrow (assigned to the WebGoBack command). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Abilio" <Abilio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9F22E2F-5133-4A46-AEBF-84D173C356FE@microsoft.com....

Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Online Communities
Date 5/4/2010 Starting in early summer 2010, Microsoft will begin progressively closing down the Microsoft public newsgroups to enrich conversations in the rapidly-growing forum platform. This decision is in response to worldwide market trends and evolving customer needs. Microsoft continues to invest in forums to reduce customer effort, consolidate community venues and make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence. Forums provide a healthy community environment with less spam and make answers easier to find by customers and search engines. Additionally, f...

Receiving Transaction Entry #3
Client is getting a "You cannot change the PURCH account at the sumary level. Change the inventory account for the line item instead" message when trying to change distributions in the Receivings Transaction Entry. I saw the KB article explaining why this was changed and what to do about it but it doesn't explain what to do if you have multiple accounts to be distributed. Not to mention what to do about changing the amounts. If you change the amount at the item level, it then changes the amount for the accounts payable account. If you try and add in another distributio...

Microsoft.public.commercial
So, I see that this newsgroup is no longer listed in the community. What happened to that bad boy? TPTB determine it was a dead one? -- Brian Kvalheim From the volume of questions regarding commercial printing of Publisher files I guess so. Maybe if they, TPTB, fixed GDI it wouldn't be so much of a problem. Matt Beals Consultant Enfocus Certified Trainer Markzware Recognized Trainer (425) 582-8554 - Office (206) 201-2320 - Voicemail (206) 618-2537 - Mobile mailto:matt@mattbeals.com Come visit me at: http://www.automatetheworkflow.com http://www.mattbeals.com http://blog.mattbeals.com ...

"Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed to block unsafe expressions...." ???
Rebuilt my system last week. Since then, when I run Access 11, I get the following two dialogs: ======================================================= "Security Warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. Do you want to block unsafe expressions?" ======================================================= (click "No") ======================================================= "Security Warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked. To block unsafe expressions, Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pack 8 or later must be installed....."" "Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Pac...

Receiving emails to two different domains
I have two Exchange 5.5 servers in two different domains. We have recently bought a third domain and the company want the users in the two exisitng domains to be able to use the email address from the third. I know it is possible with a single domain, however is it possible with two? Let one server handle the two domains and the other one will mirror for the domain which it resides on. hope this can help >-----Original Message----- >I have two Exchange 5.5 servers in two different domains. >We have recently bought a third domain and the company >want the users in the...

Posting word file as ectension by Tbird
My default mail client is Mozilla Thunderbird. If I attempt to send a file from Word (2007) as attachment T'bird just opens with no new email with attachment window. It works fine with Wordpad and Publisher. Is there a known problem with Word/Thunderbird? I have tried T'bird in Safe Mode to exclude extension problems. It works OK with Outlook and Seamonkey, but then they are not my mail clients. -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk What do you see in the Registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Clients>Mail? For Thunderbird to be used, you ...

Microsoft GP- Change Doc Sort to Date, not number
Currently, all of the transaction inquiries have a default sort of document number. Most of the time we want to veiw the transactions by date, so we have to hit the down arrow, select "by Document Date", then hit Redisplay. That's three mouse clicks every time! Microsoft should either change the default, or better yet give the users the option to set their own default sort order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Document Property Control Contents Not Saving
I am using the standard built-in properties to create a report template. I am using those properties in the document as property controls (via the Insert ribbon Quick Parts > Document Properties). I am having trouble with just one property -- the Company property .When I create a new document from my template and enter information into the Company control, then click SAVE, the contents are lost. The control reverts to showing the default grayed out text 'Company'. What is going on? ...

why do documents on network drive show "document in use?
When I try to open a WORD or EXCEL document or attach a file in OUTLOOK that are on a network drive, I get a message that "the document is in use". However, if I save the file down to my PC harddrive, I can open or attach the document. The problem only happens with Microsoft Office products and has just started happening in the last few weeks. How do I fix this problem? Your help would be appreciated ...

How do I attach an excel document to a word one for mail merge?
I am currently trying to set up a letter which I will be mailing out to numerous people on a regular basis. I have an excel sheet - database - set up with all required information. I am able to do a mail merge, but for this instance I would like to attache the excel sheet to the word document so that I don't have to insert the data each time I am sending the letter. Please, please can anyone help???? Ruth, This is indeed possible, my colleague did it once.. However I do not know how. but maybe you can find your answer on the Word discussion group or the Word help.... -- Jeroen ...

Help Needed Installing Templates D/Led from Microsoft Templates Site
I recently D/Led a bunch of templates for Word and Excel. After the D/L completed, there were a number of cab files in the target folder. However, none of the files have a default application assigned. Stuffit will not work, and a search of the MS site left me cold. I am running Office X, Mac OS X Tiger. Can someone tell me how I exptract files from cab files. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. -- Thanks Gary Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Out of some piece of idiocy, you can't download templates in a Mac-usable form. If you can do the extraction on a windows compute...

Word and Excel Won't Open
I have used the 2007 Office Suite for about 2 years. Suddenly without making changes to the program settings, Word and Excel won't open. I get the following messages: Word: There is not enough memory or disk space to run Word. Excel: Not enough memory to run Microsoft Office Excel. Please close other applications and try again. None of the suggestions I get from the operating software helps to resolve the problems. Can anyone help? Interesting that Word says memory OR diskspace, while Excel only cries about memory. The folks here may want more info on just what is a...

MS Word 2003 on XP Pro SP3
Problem Description: For the last couple of days Word has not been acting properly. So yesterday morning I ran update and was notified that this is not a genuine version, which is totally incorrect as I know I purchased Office 2003 Standard and I have the CDs. I decided to "activate" Word and received a message that it has already been activated. Now when I go to Help, Check for Updates, I am taken to http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/default.aspx, and am no longer taken directly to the page where my system is checked for updates automatically (as was in...

OE 6 will receive maiil, but won't send mail
Earlier this week my OE 6 stopped sending mail and I don't know why? My setting all look correct. I compacted all OE 6 folders and then tried ReRegistering it's libraires, but didn't have great success. When I ran the following commands here is the result: msimn /reg - nothing I could see happened regsvr32 mshtml.dll - mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegister entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered regsvr32 shdocvw.dll - DllRegisterServer in shdocvw.dll failed. Return code was: 0x8002801c regsvr32 browseui.dll - DllRegisterServer in browseui...

Major file bloating in Word97, is it fixed in Word 2003
I needed to do a document and also prepare a PowerPoint for use on a laptop. unfortunately, due to Murphy's Law, the only laptop I have in working order at the moment is an ancient Windows 98 system with Office 97 that I haven't used in years. I thought it might be easier to prepare the stuff in Office97 rather than worry about accidentally using something that would make my document incompatible. While putting a few tables and charts from Excel into a Word document, my file size swelled. Worse, when I was revising and deleting a few charts, then making a few new ones it didn...

how do I insert text in a word document converted by pdftoword.com
I scanned a document into word2007, but in order to edit it, had to convert to pdf and then reconvert from pdf to word via the pdftoword.com site. This was supposed to allow me to insert text, but I can't. What am I not doing? Did your scanning process did some kind of OCR or did it turn out a tiff or jpeg? To me it sounds as if you just scanned in the thing as an image (tiff, jpeg, ....), which you then put in a pdf. Converting the pdf back to Word wouldn't give you the text but once again the image. Yves "Bo" <Bo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How do I insert a check box in a document
How do I insert a check box in a "word" document? "cityfarmerus" <cityfarmerus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10714F96-132B-4D98-ADC9-42C3FC38FE44@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a check box in a "word" document? Version of Word? In 2003 and earlier right click on the toolbar and check the Forms toolbar. You will see a form box appear that when clicked will cause a box to appear on the screen at the cursor. If you set protection for forms this will then be a checkbox that can be checked or unchecked in the flow of ...

My word documents suddenly hide all text...what to do?
All of my word documents now appear blank. However I can select and copy into another document -- as long as it isn't into another word document. Additionally outlook now can't use word as its editor. Is the software corrupted or did I inadvertently change a setting? It sounds as though your normal style has been formatted with the text coloured white, and that you have the automatically update styles option set in the style dialog. Only Outlook versions up to 2003 can use the matching Word version as editor. (Word 2007/10 have their own Word-like editors). This is ...

This record is read-only in Microsoft CRM. Changes will not be syn
What is the solution to getting this error when updating contact information in CRM?? ...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementing
MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/IBM Lotus Notes Domino... http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com ...