Quick Styles

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

I am taking a class in Word and am very frustrated with how different the Mac version is from what I am studying. Is there a clipboard other than the basic cut and paste? I mean a clipboard where we can see the text stored.
Also, I am looking for "Quick Styles". Using "help" it told me that they are on the formatting palette under "Quick Styles and Effects" I don't have that option on my palette. Does it connect to Word Help for Mac or for the regular version?
I'm frustrated and would appreciate any help offered. Deb
0
debdiego (1)

Indian style Number Format
Dear Friends, Can any one pls Tell me how to format the Numbers as Indian Style. For Eg : i need to have Number format Like 11,11,11,252.00 Insted of 111,111,111.00 Regards, Mahesh This is from Bernard Liengme -------------------------------------------- From a Google search here is a reply by David Richie to the same question in January If you have Excel 2002 or later look up bhattext in help. Otherwise the following format might help you [>=10000000]##\,##\,##\,##0.00;[>=100000]##\,##\,##0.00;##,##0.00 (This format separates groups for India/Thailand, format valid for pos...

How to copy styles from one document to the next?

WPF-style code
Hello there, starting from this minimal XAML <Window x:Class="Acme.Graph.MainWindow" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" Title="MainWindow" Height="350" Width="525"> <Grid> <Grid.ColumnDefinitions> <ColumnDefinition Width="60"></ColumnDefinition> <ColumnDefinition Width="*"></ColumnDefinition> </Gri...

Cannot create quick campaign 07-26-07
What could be wrong when I get an error message complaining about insufficient privileges to access a CRM object when I try to create a quick campaign ? I believe I have all the privileges possible in the system. I figured out the first problem by reading older articles in the NG. I needed to add myself to the PrivUser group in AD in order to make this work (why is that, beats me...) Now I however have a new issue with this. The wizard for creating the Quick Campaign completes nicely, but no emails get sent (I selected an email activity in the wizard). Looking at Exchange logs, I cann...

Painting an object that looks like XP-style control
Hello My application enables designing forms (in the similar way Visual Studio does it). In the design mode each control is represented by my own object which draws itself in the way that resembles the represented control (button, combo, edit box, etc.) Here's the example how I draw the push button: void FieldCtrl::drawButton(CDC* pDC, CRect rect, const CString& pBtnName) { pDC->DrawFrameControl(rect, DFC_BUTTON, DFCS_BUTTONPUSH ); pDC->DrawText(pBtnName, rect, DT_SINGLELINE | DT_CENTER | DT_VCENTER); }; //drawButton It works fine, but there is one problem. When...

Style 401 global customer update
Hello, This has been going on for awhile, and maybe it's normal, but I thought I'd see if something isn't a little off. We are running HQ with 3 stores. All customers are global. We have around 3300 customer in the database. When a 401 is ran, it's updating roughly 1800 customers at every store (we don't have 1800 customers doing stuff with their accounts on a daily basis either). I understand the update if a customer has visited the store, or changed their address, but a lot of these customers haven't had changes made to their account and yet they are being...

Quick Campaign Stays Pending
I installed Microsoft CRM and it seems to be working fine. However, when I create a quick campaign and assign it to a list for a phone call or other activity the Campaign stays at status pending and no activities are scheduled. Can someone please tell me what I am missing? It seems simple, but nothing happens. Thank you! Amy Take a look at your workflow service. Is it started and is it running under a domain acocunt or localsystem. Try localsystem or network and see if that makes a difference ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotne...

XP visual styles problem
I have a project in VC++ 6 , to which I have added the usual code to make the dialog boxes appear in the current XP style ,i.e. a manifest.txt file in the res folder, IDR_MANIFEST RT_MANIFEST MOVEABLE PURE "res\Manifest.txt" in the rc2 file #define IDR_MANIFEST 1 #define RT_MANIFEST 24 in the resource.h file and InitCommonControls(); CWinApp::InitInstance(); in my InitInstance subroutine The problem I am having is for some pages in a property sheet where I have a lot of Combo boxes (40 of them), it is taking up to 4 seconds to draw the page when it is called for the first ...

Retrieving table style information
Dear Experts: I got a document with a lot of tables where I applied user-defined table styles (name convention: all beginning with "tbl_style_ ") to about 50% of the tables: Is it possible thru a macro to retrieve the table style for each table: Example: Table 3: tbl_style_blue Table 4: tbl_style_blue Table 5: tbl_style_red Table 7: tbl_style_grey Table 1, 2, 6: no user-defined table style applied Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub EachTableStyle() Dim oTable As Table For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables ...

How do I quickly change text case in Excel?
I tried using the formula, but all I get back in the cell is the formula, not the revised text. Hi, You can use this piece of code (if the UPPER function doesn't work for you) to change the selected text in the cells to uppercase: Dim c As Range For Each c In Selection c.Value = UCase(c.Value) Next Hope this helps. -- Best regards, Peter Jaušovec http://blog.jausovec.net "Llawler" je napisal: > I tried using the formula, but all I get back in the cell is the formula, not > the revised text. I wish I was more savvy in Excel to be able to use code, but I ...

ListView style of CFileDialog
Hi, How can I find out what the ListView style (e.g. Thumbnails) is of a CFileDialog just before I close it? Richard "Richard" <richi_8@hotmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:mn.930c7d776e765651.0@hotmail.com... > Hi, > > How can I find out what the ListView style (e.g. Thumbnails) is of a > CFileDialog just before I close it? I think you might find the following articles interesting: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/customize_dialog.asp http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms996463.aspx http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/FileDialogEx.asp G ...

AutoText / Quick Parts in Office 2007
In Office 2003, Outlook used the autotext from Word. You create an autotext entry in Word and it was available in Outlook. I have now migrated to Office 2007, however the autotext from 2007 (now in a tab called “Quick Parts”) does appear in Outlook. Upon further investigation, saving anything in the various “Quick Parts” locations still does not make them available to Outlook. My question is: How do I tell Outlook to go look in the Word Quick Parts locations for the autotext features I need? -- Thank you, John Gregory ...

Relation between Active Title Bar and Font size/style
Hi, I am trying to predict the title bar height of each address card. and I found that the title bar height is related to the font's style and size. I found that it is similar to the setting in DisplayProperties->Appearance. When you change the font style/size for title bar, the active title bar height is changing but not in ratio. Does anyone know the relationship between the height of window title bar and font size/style of that title bar? Any system call to calculate this? Regards, Tony Does this help? SystemParametersInfo(....) and SPI_SETNONCLIENTMETRICS -- Vipin Aravin...

Quick DTD syntax question
I have a dtd with the declaration: <!ELEMENT BDD (BSR, (AccountX | Agreement | Delivery | DET | Invoice | Part | Party | PartPres | PriceList)*)> Do I understand this correctly? Given that asterix at the end of the 'OR' list, this means that a properly formed XML must have: 1) A BDD element 2) Within the BDD, a BSR element 3) And finally, (also within the BDD) any number of instances of one or more elements from the 'OR' list, or none at all? (And if there were no asterix at the end of that 'OR' list, there would have to be one and only one copy of only one...

How do I get custom margins & style always by default?
I have no use for any of the established Word Styles. I always use the same & just want my own selected style and my own custom margins to be set in place when I begin each letter. Bob You can't delete the built-in styles, but you should set up a template with the appropriate formatting for your letter. For the basics of template creation, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. Since you are referring to letter templates, maybe you'll find this article helpful too: http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm. -- Stefan Bl...

How do I create a census-style bar graph in Excel?
I've been all over the place and haven't been able to figure out the answer to this one... Let's say I have census data for a city. The data is divided by age groups and sex, so I have two data columns: Age Men Women 0 to 9 353 550 10 to 20 400 343 And so on. I want to create a double bar graph, where one bar represents the series "men" and the other women, and the category values are given by the age column. However, I would like to create a census-style graph, where series "men" is plotted along -X and series "women" is plotte...

Explorer style app
Hi All, I need your advice please: I almost have no experience in doc\view applications. I would like to build an explorer-like mfc application. For that I used the app wizard. I created an SDI application (hope it is the right choice), with a form view as the right view. My difficulty is in knowing what to do when I select an item on the tree control, the Left View. There are multiple item types in my tree for which I want to display their properties in the right view. So I want to show different form views for each tree item type. One solution, which I don't ...

Are Table Styles still not worth using?
Shauna Kelly, on her very helpful site, describes why she avoids using Table Styles (see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html). She writes explicitly about Word 2002 and ends the piece by wondering if the problems she described will be fixed by 2007. I am struggling to create a table style without success (I cannot get the font to override the Normal font). Can I conclude that 2007 works similarly to 2002, in which case Microsoft has STILL not figured this out? How can I get my table style to apply the font I want? I've SET it correctly in the style defi...

XP style controls in non-unicode app
I am writing an application in VS2005. Due to the need to eventually reuse roughly 50k lines of existing non-unicode code, I cannot compile with the unicode flag. This flag appears to be controlling which style of MFC controls are used in my dialogs. In other words, if I build it as a unicode application I get the newer rounder controls, from winXP I believe. If I build it without unicode support I get the older, square style of buttons, etc. from the VS6 days. Do the new styles require unicode support, or is there a way around it? thanks j.goforth wrote: > I am writing an application in...

Quick way to change negative #s to positive
Alot of times at work I need to take a column of numbers and change them to either postive or negative numbers. I would like to be able to select the cells I want then click a button to change the signs of all the cells I selected. Is there such a button, like a +/- button?? If not is the fastest way to do this I can find is to select the cells, hit ctrl H and replace the - with blank. I'm not sure if you want to reverse the sign of each number, or simply convert all numbers to say, positive, even if some already are positive. This gives you 3 options: Sub ChangeSign() Dim ...

Quick Quotes
Does anyone have any experience or ideas how to implement a "quick quote" function? Obviously, the quote system works and should be used, but we have a high volume of customers that will call and ask for a verbal price on a small item that our inside sales folks don't take the time to enter with the formal quote system. It would be useful to just enter the contact, account, part number and the price. I am envisioning something quick like the activity format. Any ideas? TIA ...

Quick Launch luanches OL Twice
Vista OL2007 I unintentionally deleted OL from quicklaunch - so I dragged the one from Start menu onto the desktop to create short cut and moved that to quick launch. Now when I click OL in the quicklaunch it launches two instanaces of OL How can I restore a single instance OL to the quick launch toolbar? -- wallaby Add the /recycle switch to the shortcut in QuickLaunch. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, wallaby asked: | Vista OL...

Can I change the "cell" size in the style gallery
I've created a template and the styles that I want to apply, and I've restircted the available styles to those that I want in the document. What I couldn't restrict, I hid. The result is a list of "only" 24 available styles; of those, there are 8 or 9 that would be nice to have easily available. But I don't want to have to rember hot keys for individual templates. Is there a way to reduce the size of the cells in the Quick Style Gallery, eliminate the sample text, and leave only the abreviated alias? If not, is there an easy way to replace t...

How to quickly find the links?
Hello Experts, Is there a way to quickly find the links from the active workbook? I thought I have delete all the links from other workbook, but when I open the file, it keeps prompting the dialog "Do you want to update the link etc...." I just couldn't find where else is the links. Please help me. Thanks, Yuki ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Get Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm You'll be very, very happy. ...

Any way to export the customer finance charges accumulating in RMS to Quick Books?