Proofing tools included in Office 2004 Mac

Can anyone tell me which proofing tools come with a localized version
Office 2004 Mac? I know for Windows that each localized version does
only contain a few other languages, e.g. the English Office 2004 Mac
does contain English, French and Spanish proofing tools.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/localized.mspx

As I needed English, German and Japanese I have got the Office Proofing
Tools from Microsoft but it seems to me as if this is not available for
the Mac version.

So, what languages does the Mac version include? Is it the same as for
Windows or does it contain more?

I hope someone can tell me what comes with the (international? = the one
sold in Japan) English Office 2004 or German Office 2004.

Thanks,

Gerald
0
vogt (7)

Hi Gerald -

From ~/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Shared Applications:

*Proofing Tools*
Finnish Spelling
German Dictionary (pre-reform)
English Hyphenation
Brazilian Spelling Dictionary
Italian Spelling Dict
Spanish Hyphenation
Swedish Hyphenation Dictionary
Swedish Hyphenation
Swedish Spelling3
German Thes Dict (post-reform)
German Spelling
Japanese Proofing
NL Hyphenation Carbon
Italian Thesaurus Dict
Brazilian Spelling
Portuguese Spelling
Brazilian Thesaurus Dictionary
Brazilian Thesaurus
Norwegian BOK Hyph Dictionary
Norwegian BOK Hyphenation
Norwegian BOK Dictionary
Portuguese Hyphenation
German Grammar
French Thesaurus Dictionary
Portuguese Thesaurus
Danish Hyphenation
Italian Grammar Dict
Italian Grammar
UK English Thesaurus
Swedish Thesaurus3
German Thesaurus
French Spelling
French Grammar Help
French Hyphenation
English (US) Word Forms
Dutch Thesaurus Dictionary
Spanish Spelling3
Spanish Thesaurus Dict 2
Japanese Proofing Dictionary
French Thesaurus
English Spelling
Portuguese Spelling Dictionary
Portuguese Hyphation Dictionary
German Thes Dict (pre-reform)
Norwegian NYN Hyphenation
Danish Spelling
Danish Dictionary
Norwegian NYN Hyph Dictionary
Norwegian NYN Dictionary
Norwegian BOK Thesaurus3
Australian Spelling Dictionary
Swedish Thesaurus Dictionary
US English Hyph Dictionary
Dutch Hyphenation Dictionary
Aus English Hyph Dictionary
Danish Thesaurus Dictionary
German Hyphenation
Italian Spelling3
German Dictionary (post-reform)
Spanish Thesaurus
Swedish Grammar Dictionary
French Grammar Dictionary1
French Dictionary1
Finnish Thesaurus3
Portuguese Thesaurus Dictionary
English Grammar Dictionary
German Grammar Dictionary
French Grammar Dictionary2
Brazilian Hyphenation
Dutch Spelling Dictionary
Norwegian BOK Thes Dict
Spanish Dictionary
Swedish Grammar
Swedish Dictionary
French Grammar
Bokmal Spelling
Finnish Thesaurus Dictionary
Spanish Thesaurus Dict
Italian Thesaurus
Danish Thesaurus3
French Grammar Parameter
French Hyphen Dictionary
French Grammar Reference
Danish Hyphenation Dictionary
US English Thesaurus
US English Spelling Dictionary
Spanish Hyphen Dictionary
Nynorsk Spelling
Italian Hyphenation Dict
English Grammar
Brazilian Hyph Dictionary
French Dictionary2
NL Thesaurus Carbon
Italian Hyphenation
German Hyph Dict (pre-reform)
German Hyph Dict (post-reform)
Finnish Hyphenation Dictionary
Finnish Hyphenation
Finnish Dictionary
English Thesaurus
NL Spelling Carbon

Regards |:>)

On 3/12/06 3:28 AM, in article #KTZ77aRGHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
"Gerald Vogt" <vogt@spamcop.net> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which proofing tools come with a localized version
> Office 2004 Mac? I know for Windows that each localized version does
> only contain a few other languages, e.g. the English Office 2004 Mac
> does contain English, French and Spanish proofing tools.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/editions/prodinfo/language/localized.mspx
>
> As I needed English, German and Japanese I have got the Office Proofing
> Tools from Microsoft but it seems to me as if this is not available for
> the Mac version.
>
> So, what languages does the Mac version include? Is it the same as for
> Windows or does it contain more?
>
> I hope someone can tell me what comes with the (international? = the one
> sold in Japan) English Office 2004 or German Office 2004.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Gerald

CyberTaz!

Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I wanted to know. The Mac version
contains all the dictionaries I need. Great.

Gerald
0
vogt (7)
3/12/2006 10:46:27 PM
Glad it works out for you!

Regards |:>)

On 3/12/06 5:46 PM, in article eyYKLbiRGHA.4384@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
"Gerald Vogt" <vogt@spamcop.net> wrote:

> CyberTaz!
>
> Thanks a lot! That is exactly what I wanted to know. The Mac version
> contains all the dictionaries I need. Great.
>
> Gerald

Top 10-What do you LIKE about Money 2004?
Ok, maybe it's the season, but I have some things I DO like about MS Money 2004... 1. No more "Operation cannot be performed" message 2. Free TaxCut E-Filing-I use Taxcut, so Why not? 3. Free one year Credit Reporting. After buying a home, this is good info. 4. Able to track my mortgage correctly (So Far) 5. I've figured out all the quirks in BUDGET and have learned to work around most of them 6. I learned to NOT use the Debt Reduction module. Great idea, hope they get it right! 7. I really like the Money interface. Quicken is too confusing-I like the customizati...

Money 2004 & VAT
Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or sales Tax? Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, premium, small business?) Best Regards John I think you'd need to enable VAT tracking (at least that is what I did in M2000 standard) <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b51801c45012$0b13b1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does Money 2004 Standard automatically calculates VAT or > sales Tax? > Is mny. file size related to Money version (standard, > premium, small business?) > > Best Regards > John If the standard versi...

out of office reply #10
How do I set up an "out-of-office reply"? The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are using an Exchange server on the back end as this is a server-side operation. If you are using Exchange, ensure that the Exchange extensions are enabled under Tools->Options->Other->Advanced button under Add-in Manager. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer pattygeise@ade...

How to install Office H&S 2007 on 4th new computer?
We purchased Office Home and Student 2007 which allows for use on three computers and we installed it on my computer, my wife's and my son's. Now my son has had to purchase a new computer and the old one is broken and no longer in use. How can we change the installation so that my son can once again have the Office software? Insert Office cd, install, if online phone activation fails use phone activation. The licence is for 3 working PC's "Omega14" <Omega14@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE47B200-2CC7-491A-958B-01280CCF08CE@micro...

Alt text for images in MAC
Does anyone know if it is possible to add alternative text to images and graphics inserted into an Office document (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) on a Macintosh? If so, how and which version does this become available? If not, workarounds? In article <5b69224e.0411121117.4c654d0d@posting.google.com>, baileyosu@yahoo.com (Lori at OSU Web Accessibility Center) wrote: > Does anyone know if it is possible to add alternative text to images > and graphics inserted into an Office document (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) > on a Macintosh? If so, how and which version does this become > availa...

help installing microsoft office home and student
Version: 2008 I just brought a brand new macbook (white). I already have microsoft office 2008 student and home edition but have left the cd at home in Australia with my family. I'm trying to install it on my macbook - I have the product key but can't seem to find where I can download it online. I don't want to have to purchase it again as I only just brought it in July last year. Can someone help me with where I can find it online to download - everything is upgrades. thanks. jessica82@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > > I just brought a brand new macbook (whit...

Office 2007 01-17-10
I have two accounts set up in Office 2007. I would like to use a different signature for each one. I have created two different signatures but I can't assign a signature to an account. Just the the default signature which ever that is. How can I get a different signature when I email from different accounts (Without going back and changing the default signature)? "Glen" <Glen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E168E1FD-3818-461E-9E6B-923792D25AA8@microsoft.com... > I have two accounts set up in Office 2007. I would like to use a different ...

Money 2004 Std compatible with SP2?
Is Money 2004 compatible with Windows XP SP2? I have read from other postings there have been some problems. I do not know if these were unique to the individual computer or not. Please advise before I prepare to install SP2. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Robert Sharon wrote: >Is Money 2004 compatible with Windows XP SP2? Yes. M04 Deluxe works fine here on XP Pro SP2. The reports seem to be isolated cases many of which seem to be firewall related issues. "Robert Sharon" <r.sharon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:iLOjd.78774$OD2.49141@bgtnsc05-news.op...

Why can I not open an Excel Compound file with Office Excel xp?
I receive Excel files via e-mail from my head office that can't be opened with Office xp. As close as I can tell, these files are called "Compound Excel Files". I can't find any explanation of what a Compound File is and why I wouldn't be able to open it. In addition, when I notified the office, they cut out the pertinent information segment of the file and re-sent it. Surprisingly, I was able to open it. They claim they didn't change the format or program. There's information on compound documents in the following article: Using a Dual File Format i...

Office Test Drive
My Office Test Drive just expired and I would really like Office 2004. Do I have to buy the full version or can I buy the "upgrade"? The description of upgrade says you qualify if you had a promotional package installed on your machine, which I believe the test drive would be considered. Before I buy the Upgrade, will this work? Just trying to save some money if I can!!! I think the promotional packages they were referring to would be things like the "Office Party" promotion where you got it cheaper with a new computer (and *maybe* student/teacher edition). Did you lo...

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector #2
I have two Hotmail accounts that I opened nearly a decade ago. Therefore they still are able to be accessed through Outlook and Outlook Express. As they still have this functionality, is there any benefit of using this Microsoft Office Outlook Connector? Does it add any more features, and does it still keep the emails and interface free from adverts? Thanks ss. Skip it for now. I've tried it and it doesn't work on the free Hotmail accts. BTW, Vista's Windows Mail (formerly OE) will not access Hotmail as OE did. I assume the connector might be needed for Office 2007 O...

Office for Mac-----64 bit edition
Does anyone know if Microsoft Office for Mac is available in the 64 bit edtions and if so is there a URL. Any also URL at all that talks about Office 2004 for the Mac would help On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:49:04 -0500, Ritchie wrote (in article <BC39F8EB-5E77-4259-B21B-750B2CBF4B44@microsoft.com>): > Does anyone know if Microsoft Office for Mac is available in the 64 bit > edtions and if so is there a URL. Any also URL at all that talks about > Office 2004 for the Mac would help THere are plenty sites that talk about Office 2004. Try Google and you'll see... Now I ...

CRM v4.0 (Titan) XP and Office 2003 Compatibility
When Microsoft CRM Version 4.0 is released, will I be required to upgrade to Vista or Office 2007? i.e. will version 4.0 work on my current XP environment? Is their any documentation to back this up? Many thanks Neil -- na Those of us testing Titan are under NDA so cannot say anything at this point. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Neil Max" <NeilMax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F97C36E-82E0-43CF-8C9C-90AABA4FFBA5@microsoft.com... > When Microsoft CRM Version 4.0 is released, will...

Cannot stop Open Office from being default program for .doc files

eConnect BizTalk Adapter 2004 using Static Solicit Response Port h
Hello, I am trying to create a Static Solicit Response Send Port in BizTalk 2004 Explorer using eConnect transport type and found that in the Transport drop down list eConnect is not listed. Does this mean I cannot use eConnect for Static Solicit Response Port? Note: I can create a Static One Way Send Port using eConnect only. -- mj ------=_NextPart_0001_70D095CF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, Currently, only Static One Way Port is supported. You cannot use eConnect for Static Solicit Response Port. -------------------- Thread-Topic: eConne...

When link clicked in Outlook Beta (from Office 12), extra request made to server
If anyone from Microsoft is listening . . . (sorry about the "yelling" . . .) THE FOLLOWING SEEMS TO BE A BUG IN OUTLOOK IN OFFICE 12. Using the Office 12 Beta version of Outlook: I have a link in an e-mail. I click it. This brings up Internet Explorer, as expected. (I have seen this with Outlook + IE 6 and also the new IE 7 beta.) Note that the requested URL performs a REDIRECT. Now here's the strange thing: In my server logs, there are TWO requests to the page to which the redirect is pointed. This is pretty terrible, because a session cookie is managed by the server....

I am unable to launch microsoft for mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this microsoft office setup assistant pop's up. Unlike the other users with this question i have tried following there instructions and register but the page wont load. I am a student and i depend on excel for school assignments and have been really annoyed with not being able to get this open. PLEASE help me. On 4/21/09 5:42 PM, "rachel_13@officeformac.com" <rachel_13@officeformac.com> wrote: > Everytime I click on one of my icons to open this micros...

About Equation Tool
To who are to be concerned, I am Chew Chit Siang, a student from TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN COLLEGE from Malaysia. I am the last year student and doing my final year Computer Science and Statistic project right now. My fyp topic is EasyMath software that allow users to enter the equation and the software will calculate the answer for users and also included steps for getting answer. This sound interesting and makes me want to complete this project but I facing one problem that inserting mathematical equation like Equation Tool in MS Word 2007. So the purpose of my email is wanna to ask...

Is office live small business and Outlook 2007 the answer?
Does Office Live Small Business provide a way to sync my outlook files on multiple computers and online? I have Office Pro 2007 on all computers and domain registration, email, etc. with Yahoo. Right now, keeping my email, calendar, etc. organized between multiple computers and yahoo mail is a nightmare. I have a NAS server in my office but that has not provided a solution for us. Self-hosted applications are out of my price range and I don't have the technical expertise to support them. There has to be a better way to manage everything. Any advice or suggestions would be ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook #2
Windows did an automatic update and when it restarted, I got the message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." I ran the command "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" then I got the message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switch you are using." Does anyone have a remedy to this? Please help! Thanks! What version of Outlook? "go4life" <thmickens@verizon.net> wrote in message news:75687118-60e9-45a1-9826-2a674affed19@j9g2000vbp.googlegroups.com... > Windo...

Why are some recurring bills not included in Budget?
Hello, I am using Money2005. Most of my recurring bills are included in Budget - but two are not. Instead, autobudget calculates a figure based on the bills. I can't see any reason why these two bills are not also included in Budget as a recurring bill - any suggestions? ...

Out of Office Reply
Does anyone know if there is a way of using the "out of office auto reply" in outlook 2002 without having to buy the full version of exchange? (I don't need any of the other features...just the out of office one.) Thanks Scott You can spoof the Out of Office Assistant using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to...

Mac Office 2004 License
My iMac came with a pre-installed Office 2004 trial. I've bought a copy locally with a registration number. How do I enter the registration number? In article <1180539907.084468.6340@a26g2000pre.googlegroups.com>, robert.behney@gmail.com wrote: > My iMac came with a pre-installed Office 2004 trial. I've bought a > copy locally with a registration number. How do I enter the > registration number? You don't. Test Drive can't be turned into a standard version. Nor should it be left on the HD. Run the Remove Office application on the purchased install CD t...

I can't install certain Office 2004 fonts
Hello! I have a problem installing certain fonts from the Office 2004 CD. The fonts are: MS Mincho MS PMincho MS Gothic MS PGothic Gulim Font Book does not install the fonts when I drag them to the application or the fonts folder. Nothing happens when I double-click them either. Please tell me how to resolve this issue. Thank you! (I am running Mac OS 10.3.4 on an iBook G4) In article <e976ad55.0408130454.1f8b83df@posting.google.com>, hihlordjp@yahoo.com (hihlordjp) wrote: > Hello! I have a problem installing certain fonts from the Office 2004 > CD. The fonts are: > > ...

Office Update for OS-X (10.4.7)
Anyone know if/when there will be a release so users can update Office 2004 for MAC that will work with Tiger, 10.4.7? I have been unable to take advantage of any of the Office updates for quite awhile since according to Microsoft on May 28, 2006 this was a known issue for Apple and so far there seems to be no fixes. Thanks, Scott On 10/7/06 23:12, in article 1152569558.487632.208370@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com, "scott-pwfb" <scott.gingold@gmail.com> wrote: > Anyone know if/when there will be a release so users can update Office > 2004 for MAC that will work with Ti...