Problems installing Office 2004

I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired.

I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher
edition and tried to install it in the MacBook.

I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash.

I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it
did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the
Applications.

After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I
tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not
open.

Any suggestions of what should I do?

ASPereira

In article <1194452272.019428.114510@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,
<antonio.sousapereira@gmail.com> wrote:

> I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired.
>
> I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher
> edition and tried to install it in the MacBook.
>
> I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash.
>
> I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it
> did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the
> Applications.
>
> After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I
> tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not
> open.
>
> Any suggestions of what should I do?

You should have run the "Remove Office" tool.

Microsoft Office, including the trial litters your machine with
graffiti in some most naughty places.
See if the one you just dragged in has a copy of Remove Office.
Run it over and over till it gives up trying to remove any more
wreckage.
Install your real one again. I think Drag and Drop is OK, but the
nervous person's method is to use the installer.

You are not alone. Almost everyone makes that mistake. The free trial
and its installation is an abominable piece of design.

When you finish, clean up your fonts with font book.

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810  E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

Outlook 2002 problem with Eudora
We have a computer that is running Office XP and using Outlook 2002 for their email. Another computer in our office is a MAC that is using Eudora 6.0.1. If the MAC user sends any attachment in their email to the computer running Outlook 2002, the attachments do not come through. If the MAC user sends the same email to a computer in the same office running Outlook 2000, the attachments come through and they are able to open it. The file type is not one that is blocked by XP, we have sent PDF, EXCEL and Word files and none are received. Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks...

Combo Box problem 05-07-07
I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a value the form reverts to the first record it doesn't stay with the current record. I have a NotinList procedure that opens another form to enable the user to add to the list of values in the combo control and when I close this second form the new value is recorded but again the form goes to the first record and doesn't stay with the current one. Anyone any ideas where I can start looking for the reason why this happens? Thanks Tony Tony Williams wrote: > I have a combo control on a form that has when I select a val...

How do I install when "file ZF561407.CAB can not be found"

outlook 2003 problem
hello... my clients have mentioned a "problem" and i am stumped on what to do with it on user accounts that have been renamed because a user left and we wanted the new user to take over their account, after changing the display name, alias, etc. when typing part of their last name in outlook, in the brackets next to it, outlook still shows the prior users login name (i have changed the login name, alias, etc..) all any idea on how to correct this? thanks ed On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:45:16 -0400, "Eddie Walker" <ewalker3REMOVEME@prodigy.net> wrote: >hello...

Excel Time Problem
I exported a file from a telephone switch reporting system as a "tab separated text" file, because when I export the data in Excel I have to deal with merged cells and other formatting problems. I have a couple of columns that have time values like 160:02:05 for logged in time, and 34:16:46 as the waiting dime� Both are time �DURATIONS� or time in a state. I used the Format, Cell, custom and [ss] to get the duration value to seconds, and I get 123406 and 576125 respectively. I then use these numbers in a calculation typically like 1338 / (576125 - 123406) and I get 219 as the an...

Upgrade from Money 2004 to Money 2005
I just upgraded from Money 2004 to Money 2005, and 2 of my accounts (a savings account and a credit card) showed significantly different balances from the last time I looked at them in Money 2004. It seems that, for some reason, when it converted my 2004 file to 2005, it only grabbed a portion of the transactions, and considered the balance as of just before the first transaction it grabbed to be $0, when both accounts actually had non-zero balances at that time. Am I missing something, or is Money 2005 just that poorly designed? In microsoft.public.money, dbrebel wrote: >I just upgrade...

Problems with MS-DateTime-Picker 6.0
My userform has a Multipage control on top. My Microsoft Date-Time-Picker 6.0 Control is sitting on "Page 1" of the Multi-page control. If I change to "Page 2" and try to access the ".Value" of the DTPicker control, it will return an error value. (It is returning the year 1899). What is wrong here? Does the DTPicker need to be on the visible page to be used?? Are there any other things I should know about this DTPicker control? Robert, You could assign the DTPicker's value to a public date variable in its change event. HTH, Be...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Enabling FBA problem
Hello, I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works fine. When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on HTTP virtual server, I receive this error "You must use the IIS Admin to manage this virtual server's settings", but when I start IIS admin console I don't see that option. Can anyone help me with this General wrote: > Hello, > > I have one exchange 2000 server installed on win 2k,and everything works > fine. > When I try to enable forms based authentication with Exch system manager on > HTTP...

Pivot Table Refresh Problems
Hi All: Hoping that someone can help. I am trying to refresh a pivot table using the following code which was inserted on the Daily Production Output Sheet(both sheets in the same workbook). I am using Excel 2003 Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate() 'If data on this worksheet changes, refresh the pivot table Sheets("Daily Production Output").PivotTables("PivotTable3").RefreshTable End Sub The Calculation has been set to Automatic. However when I try to run the above code I am getting the following error" Run Time error 1044, Application defined or Object defin...

Error in posting 4 times! Frustrating problems with html signatures and styles (normal.dot)
I just learned that the message posted 4 times; I thought I had canceled the previous posts where I had not filled in the right newsgroups.... On my machine, it only shows posted 1 time; but I guess that the news server does not support cancellations of posts. Sorry about that...... ...

news option keeps disappearing from Outlook 2004
Outlook and Outlook Express on same machine. Can't make Outlook the default newsreader in Internet Options. News option keeps disappearing from Outlook and keeps reverting to Outlook Express. Solution? Assuming you mean Outlook 2003: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "...

vlookup problem #3
I am trying to a vlookup on formatted text. I I had a long string and extracted certain characters from it using the "mid" function. Now if do a vlookup on the extracted list it doesnt work. But if I were t actually type in the values in the extracted list the vlookup start working. I tried changing the format of the extracted list to general number and text..nothing works. Can anybody please tell me what I am doing wrong? I know my vlookup i correct because it works when i type the values in the table array. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check to be ...

Uninstalling Office 2003 Service Pack 2
I have installed the Service Pack 2 for Office 2003 and have decided that it causes too many problems with Outlook 2003. For example, it sees certain emails as "Junk Mail" and (evidently) believes them to be "phishing". Even after placing these emails in my Inbox and adding the sender to the white list, it refused to allow me to open links from any web page link within the email. I understand that I cannot simply uninstall Service Pack 2, that I must install Office 2003 and then reinstall, without, of course, reinstalling the Service Pack. But if I do that, I wonder...

BP Installation Error
Someone post this question before:- MbfPackager data importation process has failed. please c:\DOCUME~1\ADMIN~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\MbfPackager.Import.NoMerge.Common.xml for more information. Problem: When installing Microsoft Business Portal 2.5. Can anyone help me on this error? I'm installing Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack on Windows 2003 Standard Edition. And, the BP is reading the Great Plains 8.0 database at another server. Cheers, Emily ...

How to find number and description of Installed JREs?
Hi All! Can anyone help me out to find number and description of installed JREs in the windows system. I do know that i can be done by using registry value but how i don't know? Thanks in anticipation. Regards, Zia ...

FRx Export problem
Hi all, Hope someone can help. One of our users is trying to do an export from FRx to excel but is faced with the following error: Error 200 Application-defined or Object-defined error. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening? Many thanks Grant ...

Help!!! Migration Problem!
Morning Guys, We're migrating from one Windows 2003 domain to another (acquisition). DomainA.lab - Forest Trust 2000, Domain Trust 2003 DomainB.lab - Forest Trust 2003, Domain Trust 2003 Migration from DomainA.lab to DomainB.lab - Trust relationship external, 2-way, Domain Wide Authentication Side Filtering disabled on both domain and I can also see the SID History attribute which is correct Problem: Users in domainA cant can't access SOME shares on domainB computers. The SIDHistory attribute in DomainB matches the SID of the group in DomainA, but still no luck. Any su...

mvps.org Restricted Site problem
WinXP/SP3/IE8 For some reason when I go to some pages of the MVPS.ORG stie (HostFile page specifically, but also others) the task bar displays "Restricted Site" and IE8 will not let me download the host file. The Restricted Site list (tools/internet options/security tab) has no entry for mvps.org that I can find but the Trusted Site list has the mvps host file page specifically listed. Can any one give me a means to correct this problem. P.S. I've made no entries into either site, AdAware and SpyBot must have made all entries. Thanks. ...

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

Money 2004 crash on startup #2
just find that it only crash when i use my current user, not happening when i logon as another user, seems my profile has some problem, maybe more startup & program installed. any idea on how to troubleshoot ? =========== just install in my WinXP SP1, which has IE6.0 SP1 installed already. Money2004 Std keep crashing on startup after install. with error dialog of "restart Money - Send / don't send report" any idea ? a further findings, i run Money2004 using "run as" another user, it works ! using local adm or domain userwith local adm right also run correctly....

Out of Office #7
When I try to open the Out of Office Assistant I get a message stating THE COMMAND IS UNAVAILABLE. SEE THE PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION. I have the same issue. Are you using an exchange server and is Office XP fully installed on your PC? >-----Original Message----- >When I try to open the Out of Office Assistant I get a >message stating THE COMMAND IS UNAVAILABLE. SEE THE >PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION. >. > The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are using an Exchange server on the back end as this ...

latest version of office for mac os x?
What is the latest and best version of Microsoft Office? (Using Mac OS X 10.3.5) Thanks in advance. Office 2004 is the latest version, and probably the best (unless your main need is video in powerpoint, those people seem rather unhappy). But best is completely subjective anyhow. Download the test drive from mactopia.com to try before you buy. On 10/5/04 11:43 PM, "C.Wow" wrote: > What is the latest and best version of Microsoft Office? (Using Mac OS > X 10.3.5) Thanks in advance. -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <h...

How to -Templates and themes in word 2004