Problem registering Office:mac 2008

I receive the following message when trying to register my new "office:mac home and student":<br>
"Id. del producto no v�lido (PID): Escriba un PID v�lido.<br>
(Ejemplo: 51872-442-2230403-56078)"<br>
My macbook has as preferred language spanish, then a screen on Spain appears when I try to register my product, bought in FL, USA.<br>
How can I passthru this message?
0
aleczir (1)

<aleczir@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I receive the following message when trying to register my new "office:mac
> home and student":<br> "Id. del producto no v�lido (PID): Escriba un PID
> preferred language spanish, then a screen on Spain appears when I try to
> register my product, bought in FL, USA.<br> <br> How can I passthru this
> message?

You could try temporarely switching your system to English before
attempting to enter the serial number, but I'm a little surprised.... I
really didn't think that the language mattered at all. I was under the
impression that the serial numbers were more ir less universal.

(or maybe you're not talking about entering the serial number in the
installer to install Office)

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Right now the site is messed up making registration virtually impossible.
However, registering has nothing to do with the operation of the software or
legitimacy of ownership - it does little but offer the opportunity to
subscribe to the Mactopia newsletter:-)
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<aleczir@officeformac.com> wrote in message
>I receive the following message when trying to register my new "office:mac
>home and student":
> "Id. del producto no v�lido (PID): Escriba un PID v�lido.
> (Ejemplo: 51872-442-2230403-56078)"
>
> My macbook has as preferred language spanish, then a screen on Spain
> appears when I try to register my product, bought in FL, USA.
>
> How can I passthru this message?

0
CyberTaz
1/28/2008 10:12:51 PM
I have the same problem. I can't register my Office 08 Student edition. I put in the PID, but it say it's wrong. I'm putting exactly what it is.
0
Justin
1/29/2008 4:39:35 AM
Same answer:  Don't bother.  Registration is broken.  It will be fixed
eventually.

But its ONLY purpose is to sign you up for a newsletter, so you may decide
not to bother :-)

On 29/01/08 2:09 PM, in article ee8b155.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Justin"
<Justin> wrote:

> I have the same problem. I can't register my Office 08 Student edition. I put
> in the PID, but it say it's wrong. I'm putting exactly what it is.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
1/29/2008 12:03:15 PM
When the setup assistant asks to enter my address, etc., it's crashing when I try to continue past the first screen. Is this a symptom of the same registration problem?
0
Steven
1/31/2008 6:23:38 AM
No.  The known bug" is that the Website won't take a valid product serial
number.

You have a new issue.

Want to give a bit more detail?

On 31/01/08 3:53 PM, in article ee8b155.4@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Steven"
<Steven> wrote:

> When the setup assistant asks to enter my address, etc., it's crashing when I
> try to continue past the first screen. Is this a symptom of the same
> registration problem?

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
1/31/2008 1:02:30 PM
I just installed Office:mac 2008. Now I keep getting the message that the system can't find the keychain for Safari. I never had this message before so am equating it to the installation. No matter what I do, the message keeps popping up.
On 1/31/08 4:29 PM, in article ee8b155.6@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"franpvan321@officeformac.com" <franpvan321@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I just installed Office:mac 2008. Now I keep getting the message that the
> system can't find the keychain for Safari. I never had this message before so
> am equating it to the installation. No matter what I do, the message keeps
> popping up.

Is the problem in registering or entering your CD key? Registration is not
necessary and gets you nothing but on the MSFT mailing list.

There is a problem between Office 2008 and Safari. All I have seen is that
safari is adding extensions to files being downloaded now. Evidently it's
affecting other areas as well. I didn't experience the problem.

Have you run keychain first aid?
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/1/2008 2:46:01 AM
Try using Disk Utility to "Repair Permissions".

Given that the Office Installation does not touch the keychain, whatever
caused it was not "Office"  :-)

Cheers

On 1/02/08 9:59 AM, in article ee8b155.6@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"franpvan321@officeformac.com" <franpvan321@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I just installed Office:mac 2008. Now I keep getting the message that the
> system can't find the keychain for Safari. I never had this message before so
> am equating it to the installation. No matter what I do, the message keeps
> popping up.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
2/1/2008 11:40:32 AM
The registration problem has been fixed, however if anyone is still having any issues registering we'd appreciate hearing about it.

-Courtney Nash
Mactopia Site Manager
I have installed Office 2008 on two macs -- one MacBookPro and one MacBook,
both running Leopard -- and both have suddenly reported problems with
Keychain for Safari.  I notice others have mentioned this -- any thoughts?

Courtney_Nash@officeformac.com wrote:
>The registration problem has been fixed, however if anyone is still having any issues registering we'd appreciate hearing about it.
>
>-Courtney Nash
>Mactopia Site Manager

0
dmadigan
3/7/2008 6:27:31 AM
On 3/6/08 10:27 PM, in article 80c968902a889@uwe, "dmadigan" <u41910@uwe>
wrote:

> I have installed Office 2008 on two macs -- one MacBookPro and one MacBook,
> both running Leopard -- and both have suddenly reported problems with
> Keychain for Safari.  I notice others have mentioned this -- any thoughts?

Have you run Keychain First Aid? Could also be a permissions issue. Lots of
users have had problems in Leopard with permissions especially if they used
the update method to install.
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/7/2008 10:56:34 AM
Thanks, Diane.  I found that piece of advice just after I posted my query. It
worked.
Dan

dmadigan

Instant Search Pane Problem in Office 2007 Outlook
User on XP SP3 Recently updated user from Office 2003 to Office 2007. Once inside Outlook 2007, the User tries to do a Search of email from a certain user using the "Instant Search Pane" window and only receives Email from two days ago, nothing in the past, which indeed there is email from this "User" she is looking for. Tried REMOVING the Outlook Profile and creating it again and this did not work. Next Step was to Rename the Windows Profile Reboot device and Rebuild it again and this did not work. Had 3 different people log onto this system and the "Instant ...

Microsoft Office 12
I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of updates. Sonya wrote: > I downloaded the trial version for 30 days however, I can install > the office 12 due to what I believe the error code 646 when I am > trying to install updates on my system. This is becoming an issue > becayse each month I am experiencing problems with installation of > updates. ...

X.400 stack problem
Hello i need help with this, i cant create a tcp x400 stack in the x400 protocol, the procedure that i followed is the next, but the problem is that the option "new" dont appers. if someone know abotu this.. thanks. PROCEDURE To create a TCP/IP X.400 stack: Start System Manager: On the Start menu, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then click System Manager. Navigate to X.400. : System Manager Administrative Groups Administrative Group Servers Server Protocols X.400 Right-click X.400, click New, and then click TCP/IP X.400 Service Transport Stack. ...

Hyperlink with a bookmark does not work in Office 2007
I have searched everywhere I could and cannot find a solution. Need to link to a document and bookmark. The document opens, but not at the bookmark (Word opens at the beginning, Excel opens on the tab where last saved). I use the format of Document.doc#Bookmark or Spreadsheet#NamedRange. Has anyone found a solution? -- Thanks, Andy ...

Ballancing Problem
I recently setup a new bank account and have been having problems ballancing it for the past 4 months. I key all my transactions into my register manually and then download them from the bank about every other day, or so, to know what has cleared and what hasn't. I rarely use the manual C, all of my transactions have the E. Now I like to double check the bank to the paper statement monthly, all I used to do is start the ballancing process it I would key in the info from my statement and it would move over to the ballancing side leaving the "E" in the "C" field...

Need help with dual domain name problems
Setup: FES: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 BES: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 I'm just getting Exchange setup, I have internal communications working properly but have run into a problem sending externally. The organization has different internal & external domain names, lets call them abc.com (internal) & xyz.com (external). When a message is sent to an external address it goes out as user@abc.com. Since abc.com doesn't exist externally reply attempts fail. I need the exchange to change the sender to user@xyz.com when sendin...

If then-problem
I created a report with 2 entryfields: Afdeling BGVer I wrote following code If Me!Afdeling = "Groodkeukenmedewerker" Then Me!BGVer = "ikke" End If I tried to put it in the Details_Format property and the Report_Page property without any result. What did I do wrong? Thanks JP Problem solved.... never mind this question Jean-Paul wrote: > I created a report with 2 entryfields: > > Afdeling > BGVer > > I wrote following code > > > If Me!Afdeling = "Groodkeukenmedewerker" Then > Me!BG...

autofilter problem #2
Is there a formula to delete empty rows within a column? I use autofilter to delete empty rows. but when the data changes in the cells, I have to manually operate the listbox each time in order to delete empty rows that have changed. i am trying to cut out the extra step of using the listbox to delete empty rows. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Can I uninstall office xp if I have installed office 2007?
I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but I use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 also? If you still have officexp installed, uninstall it "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D189CF-EC33-4D49-B7CE-760EF1AB34E5@microsoft.com... >I am getting updates from office xp that are cluttering my disc space, but >I > use office 2007. Can I uninstall these updates or are they needed by 2007 > also? ...

Problems with CAsyncSocket::Receive
I'm having problems with my CAsyncSocket derived class. I'm using TCP and the problem manifests itself on the client side. Sometimes my OnReceive will get called and when my handler calls Receive, will return with a zero return value. Microsoft help states "If the connection has been closed, it returns 0." When this happens, what should I do? Is there cleanup I should do? I've tried calling CAsyncSocket::Close. My code then waits 5 seconds and then attempts to reconnect. It seems to get into a funny state and all communications grinds to a halt. What should I do?...

Xfr excel data from Office 97 to Office XP
I have been working on an excel document, that I often carry home with me and use on my laptop. The file was created in Excel XP and my laptop runs excel version office 97. Using the file on both computers worked great until recently. The file is now 600KB and will no longer open on my laptop at home with the office 97 software. It works great at work only on the excel XP. I do not understand why all of a sudden I can no longer access this file at home. I could really use some help, does anybody have any ideas? ...

Office 10 1.5 and Panther Fax
I have been successfully using OS X.3's new Fax facility on all applications - it lets me pull fax numbers from OS X Address Book in every program except Office! The "To:" field normally automatically fills in the intended recipient's name from my first few key strokes. However, in Office, I have to enter everything from memory. Even if I bring up the People list, they cannot be selected. Anyone have any idea when MS is going to fix this? Or, is it just my installation? I am using a PowerBook G4/1Mhz/512Mb RAM/60Gb HD/Panther/Office X 1.5. TIA, Bette In article <9e82a...

Problem with 'Tasks' in Outlook
Not sure if this goes here, but I thought I would ask since we are using Exchange 2003. We have some users that like to use the Tasks in Outlook. The person that creates a task is the owner. If they owner closes a task then that task will be closed for everyone else that is part of the task. Somehow this group of users managed to create a task that says it has a different owners. Example: On user A's workstation Outlook says the task owner is user B. On user B's workstation outlook says the own is user A. So, it says it has two different owners, but it actually behave...

Exchange 2000 address books permissions problem
I have several exchange address books in all address books and global address books. My problem is thus - I want to hide certain address books from all users of a particular domain ie the Global Address Book from Doma in 1 users. I have tried denying to domain 1\ users as well as denying from domain 1\securitygroup - where the security group contains those users. I have also blocked inheritance on the test address book I wish to hide - Any ideas ???? ...

Problem printing inserted images
I've been having a strange printing problem lately, when I insert images in my files some of them print out as solid black rectangles. The strange thing is that up to about a week ago I was able to print out the same images just fine, and if I open the images in Microsoft picture and fax viewer they print fine as well (so I know the file isn't corrupt). Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers than many applications. Go to your printer manufacturer's web site and look around for an updated driver. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://o...

i need to setup an office work schedule grid for 7 employees
How do I setup a Timeline Grid for an of 7 people? Timeline Grid, Need more information: Hours of operation, lunch time (1/2 or 1 hour), same job or different, etc. the more information the better :-) "Timeline Grid" wrote: > How do I setup a Timeline Grid for an of 7 people? ...

Dcount Problem
I know this is an elementary problem but the more I try to fix it the more confused I get. I need some simple help here. I have searched the Group for an answer but can't find one so here goes. ----------------------------------- I have a form that contains a Dcount. I can't seem to get the syntax correct. Table name: tblNameList Field: option1. This field only contains one of two records both currency. It either contains $0.00 or $15.00. I am trying to count the number of times that $15.00 appears in the field option1. The Dcount I am trying is this but I get an error...

Problem
I'm a Newbie. Church secretary died, no one knows how to use database as is. I have re-entered data from scratch in new worksheet - all of it! Because many couples do not share same last name, it was suggested that I create these columns First_Name1, Last_Name1, AND, (actually a column containing the conjunction "and") First_Name2, Last_Name2. This design was based on creating mailing labels and a directory. To have it work in printing labes, etc, I was to leave Last_Name1 blank if the couple shared the same last name. A limited test was positive with data imported by word for...

Select query problems Access 2003
Good morning everybody I'm using Access2003 on Windows XP SR2 I want to run a select query using parameters to query a table of placenames and details. All pretty straightforward. When I try a click event using the selection of a combo or listbox to set the criteria in the query { Forms![frmSearch]![cboName] } the query gives a nil return nothing happens....the form opens but doesn't display any results. But when is use a txtBox and manually enter known data and run a command button everything works as it should This is the code for the cmd button. Private Sub cmdS...

problem with append query
Hello experts, I have a form witha subform, I need to append the records from the subform into a table. I set it up and it seems to be fine but there is a problem. Only one record from the subform is appended into the table and it is always the record that is selected. is there any way to send all the records that are showing in the subform window to the table? Thanks again in advance Isn't this the same question I just replied to in the Reports NG? Please ask your question in a single NG. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UC...

Project : error PRJ0050: Failed to register output.
Im currently refactoring an MFC application to an MFC DLL. What reasons would stop regsvr32 registering the DLL? It gives the following hint "Please ensure you have the appropriate permissions to modify the registry." Which I can assure you I do have. My hunch is it is something to do with some global data that may be being created etc - which was fine in an exe but now not in a DLL ? Are there some definate do's/dont's when using a DLL vs an EXE ? Has anybody had this type of problem before? Im just having to eliminate lots of code to try and find the culprit? &qu...

Duplicate Dates Problem
Hello, Using Excel 2007. I have three Columns of data, similar to this: Wish to have the dates as the X axis, and show the next two Columns on the same plot. 21-Apr 143 21 26-Apr 147 93 3-May 144 91 13-May 135 128 13 May 128 81 17-May 143 93 17 May 137 86 22-May 127 89 22-May 123 83 I have the first, the Date column, formatted as: Date / 14 Mar I was hoping to graph this data, and have a line connecting "all" the points (of each column's data). For the second Column, I do have lines connecting the data with the unique dates of 21 Apr thru 3 May For some reaso...

Excel 2003
Hi All, I have used the Text Import Wizard in all versions of Excel from 9 onwards without any problem. Since upgrading to Excel 2003, that is where the fun starts. For som reason when opening a .txt or .rpt file, the preview seems to ad little squares at the end of each line. When scrolling down th preview, then back up, the data then jumbles itself up. I presum these squares are printing characters of some sort but how can I ge rid of them? It is causing all sorts of issues with pre-set macro that I have set-up from previous versions of Excel. Regards, PAUL -- LEXCER ---------------...

problem with macro setting
hi all, i have a problem every time i open file with existing macro there an error: "Because of your security settings, macros have been disabled. To run macros, you need to reopen this workbook, and then choose to enable macros" i use excel 2007. i already change my setting in Trust Center Settings and choose Enable all macros (not recommended,....) but still failed. If i create a new one than create new module, the macro will run but if i save and close then reopen, i can't run that file... what wrong with me? many thanks reza Review the below http://...

OLE Automation Excel OpenText slow problem
Hi! Attachment is the testing project ,put the two files into d:\, d:\\kor-kor-csv-.NETFramework11.xls can be any .xls file, you use one .xls file to save as a csv file then use my project to do test, you can also change the code to other location. You can see OpenText method has such big difference on .xls and .csv files, so i just want to know if we can make OpenText on .csv files faster, just like .xls. Sorry, attachment can't be uploaded. It's urgent. Thanks a lot! BRGs ben Hi Ben, If you could not upload your test project(zipped) as an attachment in the post, ...