Printing with Office 10.1.5

I am running OS X 10.2.8 on an indigo iBook and have upgraded to the
latest version of MS Office v.X as noted.

I did the upgrade to see if I could fix a prior problem that would not
allow me to print Word docs using a HP Deskjet 842C printer.

To print, I have to convert to PDF and then send to the printer.  This
only happens with Word docs.

If anyone has found a solution would appreciate hearing.  The
conversion is a problem for many clients with whom I share docs and a
time waste for all of us.  Many thanks for feedback.
0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Bob,

Try using MacOS to remove the printer and then add it back in again. See
if that fixes the problem.

-Jim

Bob Hest wrote:

> I am running OS X 10.2.8 on an indigo iBook and have upgraded to the
> latest version of MS Office v.X as noted.
>
> I did the upgrade to see if I could fix a prior problem that would not
> allow me to print Word docs using a HP Deskjet 842C printer.
>
> To print, I have to convert to PDF and then send to the printer.  This
> only happens with Word docs.
>
> If anyone has found a solution would appreciate hearing.  The
> conversion is a problem for many clients with whom I share docs and a
> time waste for all of us.  Many thanks for feedback.
0
goldkey74 (611)

Managing multiple worksheets 03-24-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I regularly create files with 50+ worksheets with interlinked references - mostly historical and projected financial statements. Is there anyway possible to group files in a folder in the tab bar at the bottom of the sheet for ease of navigation? For example, can I group together all worksheets for 2009, 2010 etc in separate folders that can be expanded or contracted for ease of navigation? <br><br>Thank you On 3/24/10 12:16 PM, dad4peanuts@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: M...

Sounds in Office 2004
I just installed Office 2004 over Office X and I have no sounds -save etc. <br> The sounds on all other programs work fine - just Office. Any ideas? The problem was solved. Preferences. ...

Office Update doesn't recognize current Service Pack level
Hi - I went to the Microsoft Office Update site & let it scan for updates I needed (I am currently at Service Pack 3 on Office 2K), but it came back as saying I needed to install Service Pack 1. Any one have any ideas here? Thanks, Jeff ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

How can I print page 2 of each sheet in a workbook?
If I understand your request, the first point to clarify is that "each sheet" does not have a page 2 - If there are 10 sheets & each one contains 2 pages of data, each page is still sequentially numbered 1-20. One option is to select the area to be printed on each sheet and go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. Once you do this for each sheet, go to the Print dialog box and select Entire Workbook. HTH |:>) "sflower" wrote: > ...

Getting Windows Installer error message when starting Office appli
When I start an Office application I initially get a "Windows Installer" window to pop up stating "Preparing to install...". Approximately 30 seconds or so later a window pops up titled "Problem with Shortcut". The statement in this window is "This update package could not be opened. Verify that the update package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify this is a valid Windows Installer update package." I am running Vista and Office 2007. This has not been a problem in the past. It appears a recent...

Exch 5.5 to Exch2003
I am planning a migration from Exch5.5 SP4 running on W2K SP4 to Exchange2003 running on Server2003. The current W2K SP4 platform is an ad/dc. Since this will not be until this summer I would like to get all my ducks in a row. Any suggestions as to 'planning resources' would be a great help. Thanks, Mike Lawson We are in the same process as you...we just started reading some documents found at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/upgrade.mspx and we found those very interesting...you should look those too I think. CDT "Michael Lawson" <mike...

Need Rights to Exchange 5.5 Public Folder
I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this subject. Any help would be appreciated. if you mean a "top level" folder, go to the Configuration container, then in the right pane, double-click the "Information Store Site Configuration" object...on the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab, grant yourself per...

Deleting Accounts on Exchange 5.5
I would like to know how to delete accounts on exchange 5.5 with a NT domain in an automatically way. http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/39508/39508.html On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 15:24:25 -0700, Ana Mar´┐Ża Pacheco <ana_pacheco@provincial.com> wrote: >I would like to know how to delete accounts on exchange >5.5 with a NT domain in an automatically way. ...

whihc microsoft office can i use to determine loan amortization
I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization "Justin Reyes" <JustinReyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:304D4935-F597-4BE9-A290-59C78A19AEBC@microsoft.com... |I am looking for programs wherein I can determine loan amortization You need Excel, not Access -- Len ______________________________________________________ remove nothing for valid email address. ...

CRM 1.2...What kinds of language is available ???
Hey, I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... but don't know what languages are included.... so please, let me know what languages are included!!! Thanks!!! Here you go: U.S. English International English German French Italian Spanish Dutch Danish Brazilian Portuguese Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. San Francisco, CA >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >Hey, >I heard CRM 1.2 is availbale in 9 languages.... >but don't know what languages are included.... > >so please, let me know...

Outlook Not Responding #10
The power shut down and my computer rebooted will attempting to create a new e-mail. Now I can not get Outlook to start up. The Outlook 2000 icon comes up and I can hear the computer running but that is as far as it goes. I have to go into the Task Manager (program not responding) and shut it down. My OS is Win2000 Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions? Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will nee...

How to 1. Jump to a specific page (in a massive document) based on a search then 2. Copy and paste an string of characters a few lines above it.
BACKGROUND/CONTEXT I am working from a very large word document, approximately 1000 pages long. Each page has one 'article' on it. I am currently doing something manually, which I would love to do using a macro. I am populating a table (which happens to be in an Excel spreadsheet) One column is the Article number 'xxxxx'. One of the other columns is a 'Topic' which is typically three alphanumeric characters (like AA1, AD4, BB4 DO6 etc.) PROBLEM/TASK This is what i have to do Step 1 - Jump to the page with the article number. Achieved by p...

ADC won't connect to Exchange server 5.5.
I am running Win2k SP4 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on it. I want to migrate Exchange 5.5 to a new Win2k3 R2 member server running Exchange server 2003 SP2. Since I need coexistence, it asks me to run Active Directory Connector. Once ADC installed, I entered the name of my server and the default 389 port. Then on step 2 of the ADC it says to click data collection, when I click run it says "Server migrate (server_name): 389 is not an Exchange 5.5 server or an SRS service." LDAP is enabled on Exchange 5.5. and I tested LDAP connectivity on port 389 on both ends and it wo...

unable to do 1/4 page landscape postcard in publisher 2007
I am trying to do a 1/4 page LANDSCAPE layout in publisher where I can print 4 postcards per page in the landscape mode. I have done this for years with 2003, but now with the new 2007, I can do it in PORTRAIT mode, but not landscape. I do not like the looks of in portrait, but everything that I have tried, will not work. If I try to print in landscape, it will only do 2 per page, not the 4 needed. I have done custom pages, with multiple pages per sheet, but I cannot get it do in landscape. Help please! Use one of Avery's US postcard templates in page layout. They work every ...

crm queue 10-09-07
hey all i've created a new queue called 'support' email address is support@*.com ad user is disabled when i use message tracker on exchange i see the emails are being forwarded to router@*.com but they are not going into the support queue i've restarted the server but still didn't work any ideas? thanks Hi, Run the CRM E-Mail router Rule Deployment Wizard to deploy the rules to each CRM user's mailbox, and to all queue mailboxes. Best regards, Merijn "devnull" wrote: > hey all > > i've created a new queue called 'support' ...

Print Preview using CPreviewDC
Hi there, I have a problem trying to implement a print preview function. Yet the printing itself is no problem. I have this chart control with a method m_graph.PrintGraph(CDC *pDC) which outputs the data to the CDC object. Now I want to do Print Preview similarly using the CPreviewDC class mentioned in the MSDN Documentation instead of the CDC class. How do I setup the CPreviewDC object without a print dialog? And after I have printed the content into the CDC class how do I display the print preview? ...

Date + 10 days?
I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. I want to create a field that automatically shows the date the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. I would also like the field to show up in red when the due date is past. =?Utf-8?B?YXJjaDI1Mg==?= <arch252@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9F8D2485-C1BB-41DB-8B94-E5DA949F87C2@microsoft.com: > I have a field that shows the date I sent a notice to someone. > I want to create a field that automatically shows the date > the notice is due back, which is 10 days from the sent date. >...

Global List Problem on Exch 5.5
Hi , I am trying to resolve this, a user has joined the London branch, she is listed in the Cambs Global address book as being in Bristol and Cambs despite not having worked at the Bristol branch for over a year, on contacting the Bristol branch I find that the user no longer appears in the Bristol Global list, the user is only listed in the Cambs Global address book , confusing! does this sound like a replication issue. Any advice gratefully received. regards Kev On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:25:53 -0700, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi , I am...

Older Office
A friend of mine has an older version of Office with Word 5.1a. She also refuses to upgrade to OS X because of the fear of not being able to use that version of Word. Right now she is at OS 9.0 and still is able to use Word. She wants to get a FireWire CD burner which will require 9.1. If she updates to 9.1 will she break Word 5.1a? Thanks -- Walt Basil www.basilweb.net To email, use (first name)@(last name)web.net Possibly. Word 5.1a is not supposed to run on OS 9. People have gotten it to, but I understand certain features don't work, apparently inessential ones. As far as ...

Set Print Preview to always show color
It was easy enough to get Publisher 2003 to perform a print preview in black and white using Tools, Commercial Printing Tools. I want to set it back to print preview in color but it refuses to do so. I have jacked around with all of the radio buttons for Any Color, Single color, Process Colors, etc. but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me out, please do so. -- Thanks Wes Newman How about the printer settings? Are they set to color? The Generic Color Postscript for Commercial Printing has a color choice in the preferences. Paper/Quality tab. Have you checked the printer pre...

Office Install Fails
Given: Fresh install Windows XP Pro with SP3 Office 2007 Pro Symptom: Office 2007 Pro Install Error Message: "Setup cannot find Proofing.en-us\Proof.es\Proof.cab" When I go to the specific directory and click on it and retry I get the error message "Invalid location". If I retry from a parent directory (IE: \Proofing.en-us) I get the same "Invalid location" message. I can see the appropriate files on the CD. Trying something else I attempted to copy the parent directory (Proofing.en-us) and all contents to the C: drive. ...

Print Receivables Schedule Payments
How can I print the invoice (as in Transaction>>Sales>>TRansaction Entry) of an individual Schedule Payment in Receivables Management? I dont want to print the entire Schedule Invoice used, just a specific invoice (Tools>>Routines>>Sales>>Posted Schedule" Rico: Go to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Document or Transaction by Customer. You'll find the invoices in this inquiry window. Highlight the invoice you want print and click on the Document Number link to open the Receivables Transaction. You can print the invoice from there. Frank Hamelly...

AutoUpdater not running in my office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, My Office 2008 AutoUpdater will not run when in my office. It runs fine at home but due to the size of the files I prefer to run the updates in the office. We use a proxy cache in the office but I would have thought that AutoUpdate would simply use my system network preferences. Strangely if I run the update check at home and it reports updates are available and then bring the computer into the office it will download and install fine - so it appears it is only the checking for updates that is affected. I cannot fin...

Not Print Zero values
Howdy, I need to do one of two things: 1) My zero values are hidden but they span down 300 cloumns. Is there away to hide these from printing? 2) The zero values above are a simple currency total between tw fields. I have filled the incrementing formulas down about 300 rows. I there a way to fill in the next incrementing formula [(b2)*(d2)] whe the calulation is made? I want to keep from having 300 growin formulas, I'd rather try to have them incrimentaly auto fill so m print outs wont have 20 extra blank pages. many thanks -- RubberSou ----------------------------------------------...

Exchange 5.5 Screenshots Required
Hi All, Can anyone send me screenshots of the 11 tabs displayed in the Exchange 5.5 Mailbox properties dialog? I'm using the Japanese version and need English screenshots so I can see what I am doing... :-) If possible, please send them in zipped format to ahayes [at] cvi [dot] co [dot] jp with the subject Exchange 5.5 Screenshots. Also, if anyone is using Network Associates Groupshield 5 for Exchange 5.5, I'd like screenshots of the settings pages as well. Thanks. Regards...Andrew You should get your pics soon. Andrew Hayes wrote: > Hi All, > > Can anyone send m...