PPT quits when launching slide show with Office 2004 11.3.9

I have two users with MacBook Pro notebook and OS X 10.4.11 running
office 2004 11.3.9. Both of them are having trouble running powerpoint
slide shows. When they do, the app quits with an unexpected error.

I've taken the following steps

rebuilt their prefs
deleted MS Office cache files
reinstalled office - tested without patches - same issue
reapplied patches - tested - same issue
tested as another user
tested as admin user
tested with external display attached and removed

The odd thing is that both systems had been working as expected prior
to Apples 10.4.11 update and the MS Office 2004 11.3.9 patch. Other
systems with the same spec and os build are running as expected. Are
there cache files or preferences in the root library or system folder
that may relate to this issue? Has anyone else had similar issue?
Thanks for any help.
0
dcrew (6)

Hi,

My first steps would be to:
1. Run Alsoft DiskWarrior
2. Run Apple's Disk Utility and use it to repair permissions.

My experience is that fixes 95% of the problems I've ever encountered.

MVP McGimpsey has some suggestions on his web site:
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/trouble04.html

Re-installing will rarely do any good unless you run the uninstaller that's
in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder on the hard drive first.

-Jim

Quoting from "diskgrunt" <dcrew@ziba.com>, in article
ed58794b-a8cd-4407-aa37-78ab78114f9d@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)
1/8/2008 2:53:13 AM
On Jan 7, 6:53=A0pm, Jim Gordon MVP <goldke...@WarmerThanWarmMail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My first steps would be to:
> 1. Run Alsoft DiskWarrior
> 2. Run Apple's Disk Utility and use it to repair permissions.
>
> My experience is that fixes 95% of the problems I've ever encountered.
>
> MVP McGimpsey has some suggestions on his web site:http://www.mcgimpsey.co=
m/macoffice/office/trouble04.html

> Re-installing will rarely do any good unless you run the uninstaller that'=
> in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder on the hard drive first.
>
> -Jim
>
> Quoting from "diskgrunt" <dc...@ziba.com>, in article
> ed58794b-a8cd-4407-aa37-78ab78114...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, on [DAT=
E:

> > I have two users with MacBook Pro notebook and OS X 10.4.11 running
> > office 2004 11.3.9. Both of them are having trouble running powerpoint
> > slide shows. When they do, the app quits with an unexpected error.
>
> > I've taken the following steps
>
> > rebuilt their prefs
> > deleted MS Office cache files
> > reinstalled office - tested without patches - same issue
> > reapplied patches - tested - same issue
> > tested as another user
> > tested as admin user
> > tested with external display attached and removed
>
> > The odd thing is that both systems had been working as expected prior
> > to Apples 10.4.11 update and the MS Office 2004 11.3.9 patch. Other
> > systems with the same spec and os build are running as expected. Are
> > there cache files or preferences in the root library or system folder
> > that may relate to this issue? Has anyone else had similar issue?
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> --
> Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
>
> MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
> MVP infohttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/- Hide quoted text -

I failed to mention those steps had been taken. I also failed to
mention that there was a recent update to Java that had been installed
and I manually removed and reinstalled the java package from the OS X
disc in an attempt to repair anything that the install may have
damaged. I am still perplexed. I upgraded another system today, taking
the same steps as I had with the previous system and did not receive
the same issue. Any other thoughts?

0
dcrew (6)
1/9/2008 12:47:43 AM
On Jan 8, 4:47=A0pm, diskgrunt <dc...@ziba.com> wrote:
> On Jan 7, 6:53=A0pm, Jim Gordon MVP <goldke...@WarmerThanWarmMail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > My first steps would be to:
> > 1. Run Alsoft DiskWarrior
> > 2. Run Apple's Disk Utility and use it to repair permissions.
>
> > My experience is that fixes 95% of the problems I've ever encountered.
>
> > MVP McGimpsey has some suggestions on his web site:http://www.mcgimpsey.=
com/macoffice/office/trouble04.html

> > Re-installing will rarely do any good unless you run the uninstaller tha=
t's
> > in the Microsoft Office 2004 folder on the hard drive first.
>
> > -Jim
>
> > Quoting from "diskgrunt" <dc...@ziba.com>, in article
> > ed58794b-a8cd-4407-aa37-78ab78114...@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com, on [D=
ATE:

> > > I have two users with MacBook Pro notebook and OS X 10.4.11 running
> > > office 2004 11.3.9. Both of them are having trouble running powerpoint=

> > > slide shows. When they do, the app quits with an unexpected error.
>
> > > I've taken the following steps
>
> > > rebuilt their prefs
> > > deleted MS Office cache files
> > > reinstalled office - tested without patches - same issue
> > > reapplied patches - tested - same issue
> > > tested as another user
> > > tested as admin user
> > > tested with external display attached and removed
>
> > > The odd thing is that both systems had been working as expected prior
> > > to Apples 10.4.11 update and the MS Office 2004 11.3.9 patch. Other
> > > systems with the same spec and os build are running as expected. Are
> > > there cache files or preferences in the root library or system folder
> > > that may relate to this issue? Has anyone else had similar issue?
> > > Thanks for any help.
>
> > --
> > Jim Gordon
> > Mac MVP
>
> > MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
> > MVP infohttp://mvp.support.microsoft.com/-Hide quoted text -

> I failed to mention those steps had been taken. I also failed to
> mention that there was a recent update to Java that had been installed
> and I manually removed and reinstalled the java package from the OS X
> disc in an attempt to repair anything that the install may have
> damaged. I am still perplexed. I upgraded another system today, taking
> the same steps as I had with the previous system and did not receive
> the same issue. Any other thoughts?- Hide quoted text -

I managed to get the crash report and found this tidbit pretty
interesting, it seems there may be something going on with the Opengl
Rendering hence the crash.

Rosetta Version:  17.26
Args:  	/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft PowerPoint /
Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft PowerPoint -
psn_0_2228225
Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)

Thread 0: Crashed (0xbfffd280, 0x16f2a03e)
0x16e4d1ec: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/GLEngine.bundle/GLEngine :
_gliInitializeLibrary + 0x4c
0x9369ef38: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
OpenGL : _glcValidatePlugin + 0x98
0x9369edb4: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
OpenGL : _glcPluginConnect + 0x54
0x9369fd20: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
OpenGL : _CGLQueryRendererInfo + 0x170
0x97964f70: /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL :
_aglQueryRendererInfo + 0x34
0x84eab114: No symbol
0x8525e758: No symbol
0x8525be58: No symbol
0x852897e0: No symbol
0x8528f2b4: No symbol
0x84f49cb8: No symbol
0x84f46e70: No symbol
0x84f3b3c4: No symbol
0x84caf3c8: No symbol
0x84caf2cc: No symbol
0x93247a5c: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
__Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCall=
Rec
+ 0x3e0
0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
__Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP=
14HandlerCallRec
+ 0x160
0x93246ec0: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
_SendEventToEventTargetWithOptions + 0x28
0x9324e8b4: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
__Z29ToolboxEventDispatcherHandlerP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEvent=
RefPv
+ 0x138
0x93247d74: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
__Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCall=
Rec
+ 0x6f8
0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
__Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP=
14HandlerCallRec
+ 0x160
0x9324e758: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
_SendEventToEventTarget + 0x28
0x84cc9850: No symbol
0x84f49618: No symbol
0x84f37f88: No symbol
0x854ad8f0: No symbol
0
dcrew (6)
1/9/2008 1:09:04 AM
Yes:  Looks like you have an update that has failed to apply.

First, download and apply the latest APPLE Combo Updater.

Then download and apply each of the Office updates 11.3.5 and later...

That will almost certainly sort it out.  I am sorry, I can't tell from the
dump which one has failed to take, but one of them has.

Cheers

On 9/01/08 11:09 AM, in article
2b8ecec9-d63b-46d9-a2d0-64b728829b13@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
"diskgrunt" <dcrew@ziba.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> __Z29ToolboxEventDispatcherHandlerP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEventRe
> fPv
> + 0x138
> 0x93247d74: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :

__Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCallRe>
> + 0x6f8
> 0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> __Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP14
> HandlerCallRec
> + 0x160
> 0x9324e758: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)
1/9/2008 9:52:24 AM
On Jan 9, 1:52=A0am, John McGhie <j...@mcghie.name> wrote:
> Yes: =A0Looks like you have an update that has failed to apply.
>
> First, download and apply the latest APPLE Combo Updater.
>
> Then download and apply each of the Office updates 11.3.5 and later...
>
> That will almost certainly sort it out. =A0I am sorry, I can't tell from t=
he
> dump which one has failed to take, but one of them has.
>
> Cheers
>
> On 9/01/08 11:09 AM, in article
> 2b8ecec9-d63b-46d9-a2d0-64b728829...@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com,
>

> "diskgrunt" <dc...@ziba.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 8, 4:47=A0pm, diskgrunt <dc...@ziba.com> wrote:

> >> I failed to mention those steps had been taken. I also failed to
> >> mention that there was a recent update to Java that had been installed
> >> and I manually removed and reinstalled the java package from the OS X
> >> disc in an attempt to repair anything that the install may have
> >> damaged. I am still perplexed. I upgraded another system today, taking
> >> the same steps as I had with the previous system and did not receive
> >> the same issue. Any other thoughts?- Hide quoted text -

> > I managed to get the crash report and found this tidbit pretty
> > interesting, it seems there may be something going on with the Opengl
> > Rendering hence the crash.
>
> > Rosetta Version: =A017.26
> > Args: =A0 /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft PowerPoint /
> > Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Microsoft PowerPoint -
> > psn_0_2228225
> > Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
>
> > Thread 0: Crashed (0xbfffd280, 0x16f2a03e)
> > 0x16e4d1ec: /usr/libexec/oah/Shims/GLEngine.bundle/GLEngine :
> > _gliInitializeLibrary + 0x4c
> > 0x9369ef38: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
> > OpenGL : _glcValidatePlugin + 0x98
> > 0x9369edb4: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
> > OpenGL : _glcPluginConnect + 0x54
> > 0x9369fd20: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/
> > OpenGL : _CGLQueryRendererInfo + 0x170
> > 0x97964f70: /System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL :
> > _aglQueryRendererInfo + 0x34
> > 0x84eab114: No symbol
> > 0x8525e758: No symbol
> > 0x8525be58: No symbol
> > 0x852897e0: No symbol
> > 0x8528f2b4: No symbol
> > 0x84f49cb8: No symbol
> > 0x84f46e70: No symbol
> > 0x84f3b3c4: No symbol
> > 0x84caf3c8: No symbol
> > 0x84caf2cc: No symbol
> > 0x93247a5c: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
>
> __Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCa=
l=ADlRe>

> > + 0x3e0
> > 0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> > __Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTarget=
Ref=ADP14
> > HandlerCallRec
> > + 0x160
> > 0x93246ec0: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> > _SendEventToEventTargetWithOptions + 0x28
> > 0x9324e8b4: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> > __Z29ToolboxEventDispatcherHandlerP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueE=
ven=ADtRe
> > fPv
> > + 0x138
> > 0x93247d74: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
>
> __Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCa=
l=ADlRe>

> > + 0x6f8
> > 0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> > __Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTarget=
Ref=ADP14
> > HandlerCallRec
> > + 0x160
> > 0x9324e758: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
> > Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
> > _SendEventToEventTarget + 0x28
> > 0x84cc9850: No symbol
> > 0x84f49618: No symbol
> > 0x84f37f88: No symbol
> > 0x854ad8f0: No symbol
>
> --
> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>
> Please reply in the group. =A0Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>
> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
> Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name- Hide quoted text -

I actually ended up finding the following solution via Apples support
forums -

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=3D1275520&tstart=3D-1

This is midway down the page so I'll quote it here:

"This solution worked for me, tobyobi, but I did it without rebooting.
Since frameworks are accessed as they are needed, you should be able
to remove/replace them live.

My procedure was as follows:

1. Go to an identical computer model running 10.4.10 and make a .dmg
of the OpenGL.framework file (this preserves ownership and
permissions), saving it to the desktop:

sudo hdiutil create -srcFolder /System/Library/Frameworks/
OpenGL.framework ~/OpenGL.dmg

2. Copy the resulting dmg to the destination computer. I put it at the
top level of the drive.

3. On the destination computer, quit all open Applications (as a
precaution), then open Terminal.

4. Make a backup of the current OpenGL.framework:

sudo mv /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/
Frameworks/OpenGL.framework.bak

5. Mount the .dmg:

sudo hdiutil attach /OpenGL.dmg

6. Copy the replacemt framework over:

sudo ditto /Volumes/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/
OpenGL.framework

7. Unmount the .dmg:

sudo hdiutil detach /Volumes/OpenGL.framework

8. Try PowerPoint again. "

Worked like a charm.
0
dcrew (6)
1/9/2008 8:10:48 PM
Whoa!!  That's scary :-)  I suspect the latest Apple combo update would have
accomplished the same thing.

This sounds like the buggy QuickTime update that came out a few months ago
strikes again :-)

Cheers

On 10/01/08 6:10 AM, in article
730d80b0-9ffb-4184-94de-b49237ece053@l1g2000hsa.googlegroups.com,
> [...]

>>> __Z29ToolboxEventDispatcherHandlerP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEven�
>>> tRe
>>> fPv
>>> + 0x138
>>> 0x93247d74: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
>>> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
>>
>> __Z23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCal�l

>>> + 0x6f8
>>> 0x93247040: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
>>> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
>>> __Z30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRef�
>>> P14
>>> HandlerCallRec
>>> + 0x160
>>> 0x9324e758: /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/
>>> Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/HIToolbox :
>>> 0x84f49618: No symbol
>>> 0x84f37f88: No symbol
>>> 0x854ad8f0: No symbol
>>
>> --
>> Don't wait for your answer, click here:http://www.word.mvps.org/
>>
>> Please reply in the group. �Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.
>>
>> John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
>> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltdhttp://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
>> Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
>> +61 4 1209 1410, mailto:j...@mcghie.name- Hide quoted text -

> I actually ended up finding the following solution via Apples support
> forums -
>
> http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1275520&tstart=-1
>
> This is midway down the page so I'll quote it here:
>
> "This solution worked for me, tobyobi, but I did it without rebooting.
> Since frameworks are accessed as they are needed, you should be able
> to remove/replace them live.
>
> My procedure was as follows:
>
> 1. Go to an identical computer model running 10.4.10 and make a .dmg
> of the OpenGL.framework file (this preserves ownership and
> permissions), saving it to the desktop:
>
> sudo hdiutil create -srcFolder /System/Library/Frameworks/
> OpenGL.framework ~/OpenGL.dmg
>
> 2. Copy the resulting dmg to the destination computer. I put it at the
> top level of the drive.
>
> 3. On the destination computer, quit all open Applications (as a
> precaution), then open Terminal.
>
> 4. Make a backup of the current OpenGL.framework:
>
> sudo mv /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/
> Frameworks/OpenGL.framework.bak
>
> 5. Mount the .dmg:
>
> sudo hdiutil attach /OpenGL.dmg
>
> 6. Copy the replacemt framework over:
>
> sudo ditto /Volumes/OpenGL.framework /System/Library/Frameworks/
> OpenGL.framework
>
> 7. Unmount the .dmg:
>
> sudo hdiutil detach /Volumes/OpenGL.framework
>
> 8. Try PowerPoint again. "
>

> Worked like a charm.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

CRM 3.0 on Outlook 2007
Hello, I installed the spanish version of CRM Client on my Outlook 2007. I noticed the user interface has changed. With this version any time I click on a CRM entity it pops up an Internet Explorer window. Is this normal or should I still be seing the data On oultook application (that was the case of CRM for Outlook 2003)? Regards, Irene Nothing changed (assuming you are reffering to the v3c update) in this regard. The CRM for Outlook client has typically opened browser pages. The only exception was if you double clicked on the core Outlook items. Basically, if you click from an O...

DAO is less relevent than Wnidows 3.1
why do you diptards still use DAO again? why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon " S u s i e D B A [ M S FT ] " <s u s i e d b a @h o t m a i l.com> wrote: >why do you diptards still use DAO again? > >why would you want to have 2 different DIALECTS of SQL? > >Anyone using MDB or DAO should be fired and then spit upon Note that this person is really A a r o n K e m p f and that he is not an employee of Microsoft. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond onl...

Office Reinstall
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I purchased the full version of Office 2008 with my Mac last summer. Everything was working fine until 3 weeks ago when Word disappeared completely. It cannot even be found on the HD. All other applications with Office are still there and functioning fine. I downloaded the trial version of Office 2008 hoping I could do a reinstall (I cannot find the install discs - after moving 3 times this year!). My product key will not work with the trial. Is there anything I can do to get this going again? Thanks in advance. On 10/6/09 5:24 PM, ...

Preventing Recipient Names from Showing
I have a long list of people I am addressing a message to. I want the recipient to see that it is coming to them, but not be able to see anyone else's name/address that it's being sent to. I've tried the BCC field but then even the recipient does not see that it was sent to them. I'm afraid they will think it is junk mail if they don't see it addresses to themselves. Check out http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail for other options -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Microsoft Money Deluxe 2004 #2
How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home Edition. In microsoft.public.money, Don wrote: >How do I install on a drive other than C? I am running Windows XP Home >Edition. Early in the install process, Money has a place to click to change where the installation is to take place. If you install in a drive other than the system drive, there could be an issue. I was thinking there might be, but I don't find a reference. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/79917/en-us implies that should work. There is no problem. I have always installed Money (from M...

show tasks on the calendar
I would like to see tasks on the calendar in both weekly and monthly view -it gives you a sense of those "things to do" items that are coming up. I tried it with due dates and start dates, clicked "show tasks without due dates", clicked show all tasks, consulted Help and my copy of Outlook for dummies. It seems so basic but I HAVN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET IT TO DO IT!!! Related question -why is it that Microsoft software NEVER behaves as you would reasonably expect? -e.g we all write "to do" type items in our paper diarys for certain days -without a fixed time...

Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX
I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade? You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs. Office 2004 is the latest version. Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but not for a free new version. On 3/8/05 8:02 PM, "anonymous" wrote: > I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 > in 9.x. Do I ...

DSUM #3
[Excel 2003] I have a worksheet that looks something like this: A B C Charge Payable Paid $100.00 Y $650.25 Y $ 25.00 N 10/1/2007 $ 85.75 Y I would like to place a formula in a cell that will return the sum of all expenses in column A for rows which have a "Y" in column B and no value in column C. I think DSUM is the function to use, and I have read several help pages on it, but no formula I have tried has actually worked. I would appreciate any help. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(A2:A10...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

User status in Sharepoint 3.0
I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is there away to do this with out office Communicator or free software to do this? We are a small company with about 10 users. Nothing I'm aware of. This is built in integration with the OCS platform. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:089333D7-F0D4-4994-87E3-74A387AE33D0@microsoft.com... > I see there is a user status that works with Office Communicator. Is > there > away to...

Excel question #9
Is there a way that I can transpose the order of the values in a cell? For example I have the values of 10.200.13.1 in a cell and I want to transpose(not sure if that is the correct term or not) the order of the values in the cell so that they appear as 1.13.200.10. thanks for any help as I have literally 4 pages of these kind of values that I have to flip. -- Brian blanktree at hotmail dot com Hi try the following user defined function from John Walkenbach's book Excel 2000 formulas (great resource by the way): Option Explicit Function REVERSETEXT(text) As String ' R...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...

Excel sheet truncated after copying to powerpoint slide
Hi, We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is changed. We can see only some part of the sheet. Let me know if anybody faced this problem.. Thanks in advance Shekar. Debra Dalgleish posted this link that you may want to review: http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00068.htm Microsoft wrote: > > Hi, > > We are using Office 2000 with sp3. When we copy excel sheet to power point > slide, some of the rows and colums are truncated. Also the font size is > changed. We can s...

Microsoft Office Connector to MSN
I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works? Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them more money. Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote: > I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home > Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have > Microsoft Outlook....

Send button not showing after updating to SP3
I have updated the office 2002's .msi file with SP3 for network distribution. After redeploying the updated file I few users do not have a send button when the try to send a message. I have tried to delete their accounts and set them up form scratch with no luck. My only work around was to install office from CD. I need to resolve this problem. The installation from the network is a great tool. Thanks DG ...

upgrade #3
Hello, I just received an e-mail from my bank which states they will no longer be supporting MS Money 2000 or 2001. I currently have Money 2000. I am looking to upgrade, however do NOT wish to lose any of my financial data or the ease of epaying my bills. When I upgrade, do I delete the old MS Money and leave the *.mny file ? Or do I complete an install and let Money 05 remove the old MS Money ? thanks for your help, Jason Already replied to. "dejaking" <dejaking@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DD057-70DF-404A-AD65-CE0E914B366D@microsoft.com.....

Excel (Office Home & Student 2007)
Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spreadsheet sort alphabetically? How? Question 2. Does anyone know where the updates are for Office? Thanks in advance. Dave __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5046 (20100421) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Please see "Sort" and "Updates" in Excel Help. Either press F1 or click on the little white and blue question mark in the upper right corner. David Dyke wrote: > Question 1. Can I have an Excel Spr...

Money 2004 did not convert Quicken 2003 H&B Invoices: Problem?
I am trialing Money 2004 Small Business. Just got it last night and installed with no problem. It grabbed my Quicken 2003 files and for the most part converted. There was some omissions in the Stock transaction area since Quicken doesn't handle Call Options, at lease without some adustments. However, I was disappointed that no Invoice file information was converted. Is this a problem or does Money not convert Quicken 2003 H&B invoice files? If Money is supposed to convert Invoice files where might have I gone wrong? TIA ---- Tom Duprex No, what you see is what you get. The ex...

Outlook Express #3
Where does Outlook Express store received email messages? I'm trying to setup a new HD and don't want to keep booting to different drives to export data. In article <0f0801c34676$c8efcd70$a001280a@phx.gbl>, jkstueve@nktelco.net says... > Where does Outlook Express store received email > messages? I'm trying to setup a new HD and don't want to > keep booting to different drives to export data. > Tools-Options-Maintenance-Store Folder. BTW, FYI this group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 and 2002, NOT Outlook Express, which, although similar...

email 11-05-07
DQoiY2FybG9tYXJ6YW5vIiA8Y2FybG9tYXJ6YW5vQGVtYmFycW1haWwuY29tPiB3cm90ZSBpbiBt ZXNzYWdlIG5ld3M6TzlSMW1YMUhJSEEuNTE2MEBUSzJNU0ZUTkdQMDUucGh4LmdibC4uLg0KPiAN Cj4gDQo+ ...

CRM 3.0 Upgrade. Missing notes in Cases, that were there in 1.2
Just finished my upgrade from 1.2 to 3.0 on Monday. Have been upgrading SFO clients over the last couple of days. All data came over fine, and all looks and is working great. Had a couple of users report that notes they had put in some of their Active Cases in 1.2 are no longer there. If they click the drop down arrow, the notes are in the summary. If the case is opened they are nowhere to be found. This is true in both the web/SFO client. Anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Terry I know of a limitation in v3 whereby the note title does not display in the note list view, this can be more ...

Sorting #9
Hi, I have an Excel table consisting of 2 sheets. Both sheets have names, dates, text etc. When I sort the first sheet on name (for instance) the whole table is sorted (Correct: the person still has his data attached) On the second sheet however, only the chosen column is sorted, creating mayhem in the table (person D now lives in person G's town!). How can I configure the sheet so that the whole line follows the sorted items. Thanks Jean-Marc "Jean-Marc" <jean-marc.kaltenrieder(remove)@seco.admin.ch> wrote in message news:72C71B9C-E01A-4293-BCCA-FC9FC5804A62@microsoft.c...

Office Outlook 2003 & OWA problem
Hopefully someone knows how to help me with this.. I have one user who's new email only appears in his inbox via OWA. "Regular Outlook" says the his inbox is "up to date", even though it does not download any of the new mail.. What makes this really strange, is that if I delete one of these new messages from his inbox via OWA, the message now appears in his deleted items via regular Outlook.. I have tried clearing his offline files, plus I completely uninstalled outlook once, rebooted, then reinstalled and I am still having the same problems.. I have checked...

Problem Upgrading To Microsoft CRM 3.0c
I am trying to upgrade from 3.0.5300.0 SBE to 3.0c on my laptop for the Outlook Client. I keep getting to the point where it tells me that I have to install the required Microsoft SQL Server Express Edition with the minimum version of 9.00.2407 and when I try to do that by clicking on the Install button it looks like it is trying to do that for a while then I get a message "Extraction Failed: Data Error (cyclic Redundancy Check) and I can go any further. I have tried this several times and I can only get to this point. I had installed v3.0c on this laptop using the same cd that I...