PowerPoint sound files not playing back from CD Office mac 2008

I'm trying to help my daughter with her Power Point presentation.  We have
attached mp3 sound files to her slides.  When I burn the PowerPoint  file to
a disk and take to a second computer to check that it will play, the sound
does not play.  As my computer is a desktop I can't just let her take it to
school.

I tried to increase under the general preferences the sound file size so
that it would not try to link but that doesn't seem to work.

how can I embed the sound before I save and burn the Power point
presentation to a CD?  So that when my daughter tabs through the presentation
the sound files that she attached to each slide will play.  The teacher
insists that we use PowerPoint so we are stuck till we figure this out?  of
course as luck would have it the project is due tomorrow morning.  Good grief!

What am I doing wrong?  Please help.

0
herov (1)

I am not a PowerPoint expert, but I believe that a file is automatically
linked to (as opposed to embedded) if it reaches a certain size. To make
sure that the sound file can be played on other platforms, you can simply
create a folder, save your presentation in there and place the sound file in
there as well. If all the linked media files are in the same folder as the
presentation itself, there should be no problem.

PowerPoint can actually do this for you. Click on File>Save As and choose
"PowerPoint Package" from the file format list. That results in the creation
of a folder containing the presentation as well as any linked media files
used in the presentation. If you burn that folder to a CD, or copy it to a
USB flash drive, your daughter should be able to play the intact
presentation on other computers.

For future reference: it is always a good idea to specify which version of
Mac OS and PowerPoint you are using, as there might be some specific
differences across platforms/versions of PowerPoint.

On 23/02/09 7:20, in article
5FE02474-A77A-4214-AF70-5E84B0DD2E83@microsoft.com, "herov"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
2/23/2009 7:29:13 AM
herov wrote:
> I'm trying to help my daughter with her Power Point presentation.  We have
> attached mp3 sound files to her slides.  When I burn the PowerPoint  file to
> a disk and take to a second computer to check that it will play, the sound
> does not play.  As my computer is a desktop I can't just let her take it to
> school.
>
> I tried to increase under the general preferences the sound file size so
> that it would not try to link but that doesn't seem to work.
>
> how can I embed the sound before I save and burn the Power point
> presentation to a CD?  So that when my daughter tabs through the presentation
> the sound files that she attached to each slide will play.  The teacher
> insists that we use PowerPoint so we are stuck till we figure this out?  of
> course as luck would have it the project is due tomorrow morning.  Good grief!
>
> What am I doing wrong?  Please help.

Hi,

First, make sure your PowerPoint is up to date using Help > Check for
Updates.  There was a bug along the way that affects this problem and
it's been fixed.

Next, use File > Save As and change the type to PowerPoint Package. This
creates a folder that contains a copy of your presentation and copies of
all the media files with proper links.

Burn the entire Package Folder undisturbed to the CD and everything
should work.

-Jim

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Public Folder link to Excel File

Renaming Partial File Names

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

unknown .edb file

printing imported gif files in Excel

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

mfc project not compile in visual studio 2008
I made a mfc project using wizard in visual studio 2008 and it didn`t compile,. i didn`t add anything, just made it as it should be. i tried changing _WIN32_WINNT and WINVER 0x0600 but it just resulted in another errors. i also reinstalled my vs 2008, but it didn`t help. For more informations i have win xp sp2 and freshly installed microsoft visual studio 2008 in a default way. errors: 1>stdafx.cpp 1>c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\atlmfc\include\winnt.h(3019) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'ContextRecord' 1>c:\progr...