Pls help me out.

Greetings to all.

i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac
that is in german.
do you think i can reset the language to english without having to
re-install the whole sofware?
if so, how?

thank you all so much!
0
tchinlai (5)

On 10/5/04 4:16 PM, in article
2ee7bd29.0410042316.72004f36@posting.google.com, "luc" <tchinlai@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Greetings to all.
>
> i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac
> that is in german.
> do you think i can reset the language to english without having to
> re-install the whole sofware?
> if so, how?
>
> thank you all so much!

You can't reset the language of the version you have. You must install an
English language version.

Office is not a Cocoa application, and has no localization files.
Localization files allow Cocoa applications to switch languages. This isn't
an option with Carbon applications like the MS Office suite.

Gene van Troyer
| Office 2004 | OSX.3.4 | PBG4 | iMac 20" |

gevantry (62)
10/13/2004 12:22:28 AM
Thanks so much...will go get an English version right away.

thanks again!

Gene van Troyer <gevantry@nirai.ne.jp> wrote in message news:<BD92A454.7034%gevantry@nirai.ne.jp>...
> On 10/5/04 4:16 PM, in article
> 2ee7bd29.0410042316.72004f36@posting.google.com, "luc" <tchinlai@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Greetings to all.
> >
> > i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac
> > that is in german.
> > do you think i can reset the language to english without having to
> > re-install the whole sofware?
> > if so, how?
> >
> > thank you all so much!
>
> You can't reset the language of the version you have. You must install an
> English language version.
>
> Office is not a Cocoa application, and has no localization files.
> Localization files allow Cocoa applications to switch languages. This isn't
> an option with Carbon applications like the MS Office suite.
>
> Gene van Troyer
> | Office 2004 | OSX.3.4 | PBG4 | iMac 20" |
tchinlai (5)
10/14/2004 8:36:24 AM
On 10/12/04 7:22 PM, in article BD92A454.7034%gevantry@nirai.ne.jp, "Gene
van Troyer" <gevantry@nirai.ne.jp> wrote:

> On 10/5/04 4:16 PM, in article
> 2ee7bd29.0410042316.72004f36@posting.google.com, "luc" <tchinlai@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greetings to all.
>>
>> i am a new Mac user. i inherited a ibook loaded with MsOffice for Mac
>> that is in german.
>> do you think i can reset the language to english without having to
>> re-install the whole sofware?
>> if so, how?
>>
>> thank you all so much!
>
> You can't reset the language of the version you have. You must install an
> English language version.
>
> Office is not a Cocoa application, and has no localization files.
> Localization files allow Cocoa applications to switch languages. This isn't
> an option with Carbon applications like the MS Office suite.

Actually, MSN Messenger, which is a Carbon application, has localization
files included in the package that make it quite easy to switch the
application language by changing the system language.  Localization file
features are not limited to Cocoa applications at this point.

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

Help with Macro Please
I have recorded the following macro that will set the print area for a particular sheet:- Sub Pset() Range("A1:K1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$K$14" End Sub What I want is to automate this process for all sheets within a workbook. What I intending to do was:- For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Range("A1:K1").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$K$14" As the print area within each sheet is differen...

Need help on comparison of dates in different format.
Hi I have question pertaining comparison of dates in different format :- eg. 20 April , 2004 [Cell A1] 20-4-04 [Cell A2] I was using if not function. ie. if(A1=A2, True, False). The result always shown as False. Pls help as to how could I do correct way solving this problem. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Hi are both cells real date values or are they stored as 'Text'?. Check both values with =ISNUMBER(A1) =ISNUMBER(A2) th...

Help again
I have tried a variety of formulas, but I haven't been able to get anything to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have a worksheet as below. EMPLOYEE Bump MACH Month 3001656 N Y Oct 04 There are rows for every employee for every month, I.e. Nov 04, Dec 04 etc. the way data is retrieved it is added to the bottom of the worksheet so there will be entries for the same employee for every month. Bump and MACH will be either y or N. On another worksheet in the same workbook I need to fill in the same information. This worksheet is structured differentl...

Need Help with Sumif Function including dates
Hi, I need some assistance with tracking my commissions that are due to be paid each month. The "Comm Due Date" is in column "C", rows 3 - 30 which list by date all of the Commissions Due to be paid and the "Comm Balance" is in column "H", rows 3 - 30 which has the Commission Balance due for each sale. I tried utilizing a formula from a post that I found from April '05 but for some reason I keep receiving a #NAME? error. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong. I want to find the total due by month so that as I add additional sale...

Cnnot find help with Event ID 958
Error 1: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 958 Date: 2004/01/20 Time: 15:51:09 User: N/A Computer: computername Description: Following master server DN appears to be pointing to a deleted object. This may prevent Exchange Routing Service from functioning properly. Please check your DS setting. <CN=NAME-WEB\0ADEL:e3ab4aa3-b6ad-4d8b-bb36- aa563fe97ec3,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Companyname,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=interfaces,DC=loca l> For m...

Blue Screen Issues!! HELP!
Hi... I'm getting a bluescreen that never fails to appear right after I log in to my profile. A couple times I was able to dial up and get online and stay on for a half an hour, and then the bluescreen would pop up. I have... Windows XP (media edition) SP3 on a Dell Dimension E520. The bluescreen... Says something about a "wait operation *somethingsomethingsomething* DPC Routine." the error code is STOP: 0x000000B8 I can boot in safe mode just fine. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!! Thanks! RLH If safe mode is available,then once in xp...

Help on deleting sheets?
I need to delete sheets 2&3 on workbooks that are already made. changed the default for 1 sheet now but I have about 300 workbooks tha I want Sheets 2&3 deleted off of. Thanks Dou -- doug5309 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- doug53098's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38540 Hi Doug, Try the following Sub DeleteSheetsFromAllBooks() '=================================== ' Based on Ron de Bruin's Sub Copyrange2 ' ...

Please help
A friend sent me a few large e-mails yesterday. They made Outlook crash (freeze and is not responding). Now, everytime I try to get in Outlook, since they were the last e-mails received, Outlook is trying to open the e- mail and is unable (the bottom part where the message is supposed to show up remains blank and Outlook crashes). I tried opening it and quickly deleting the e-mails, I tried clicking on another smaller e-mail (so it would try to open that one) - with no avail. Nothing works. Everytime I try to get in, it crashes. I cannot use it anymore. I was using a personal folder. ...

Trying To Average cells Need Help!!!
This is what i have & works well {=IF(AR6="L",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} Now what im trying to do is add AW6 IF name is entered I tried these but not working {=IF(AR6="L",IF(AW6>"",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} {=IF(AR6="L",OR(IF(AW6>"",AVERAGE(IF(AT$6:AT$66>=0,AT$6:AT$66)),"")} I get a Name or False error( CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP) On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 10:52:01 -0800, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is what i have & works wel...

Dates and Pivot Table Help Please
I need to group a bunch of assests under a generic heading by date. For example, I have leases that mature on the 1st, 8th, 23, and 24th of say Jan 04. What I want to be able to do is just show that there are four maturing in Jan 04, 7 in Feb 04, 13 in Mar 04 etc, etc. not show the dates individually on the pivot table. I have tried putting in the date as text ('Jan 04, 'Feb 04 etc) but the pivot returns them out of order and not grouped in any way. What adds to the problem is that I have Jan 04, 05 and 06 (as well as all the months in between) and this confuses the heck out of the t...

Please Help: compare values in two columns present in seperate tab
Hi All, How can I compare values in two columns (columns are in different tables) ? I also want to display the values that dont match in a seperate table. For eg: If values in Column1 from Table1 does not match Values in Column1 from Table2 then display those values in a seperate table Is there a way to do this? THanks in advance Here's one way: http://www.fmsinc.com/microsoftaccess/query/distinct_vs_distinctrow/unique_values_records.asp -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "sam" wr...

HELP: OWA login through iframe doesnt work
Please, help. Im using DNN site and I was set owa login screen in IFrame. OK, i can see this logon screen when I try to access to this page, but after I have entered my username/pass (which are correct) and press OK, the logon screen appears again. Whats the problem? Thanks! ...

remove "Protected Storage System Provider" do not help #2
After updating from Outlook2000 to Outlook XP(2002) OutlookXP keeps asking for passwords for every account :-((( I have tryed the trix "remove Protected Storage System Provider" in the registery (done by the letter as described in two Q-articles) but it do not help or change anything :-((( Please help -- erik Denmark ...

Basic Excel Help....!
Hi, I am a newbie to this board and to excel.. I have a list of numbers: 07973190447 07788520694 07803297928 07753115869 07736777401 What I want to do is delete the 0 at the start and replace it with 44 is there a quick way of doing this... Thanks, Simo ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Copy this formula down the next column and format as number. =A1+44000...

RMS 1.3 / PCCharge HELP
We're running 1.3r and use PCCharge for processing credit cards and charges. We just opened another store and noticed that all of our credit card tenders at the new store are listed on the PCCharge Credit Card Summary report as being entered MANUALLY even though we SWIPE the cards through our MSR in our Cherry keyboard. Our other store doesn't have this problem. This causes us to endure additional charges through our credit card processing company. Does anyone know WHY the card swipes are being put through as MANUAL entries and what do I need to do to make them get processed as...

Help with formula #5
I am working with a income statement. In column A are the account classifications, column B identifies th account as fixed or variable expense, column C is the value. Wha formula can I use that I can total the Fixed and Variable costs in tw different cells based on what is in column B so that if I change th letter in column B to either V or F the total Fixed or Variable amoun will change accordingly A B C Sales 10,000 Sales Returns V 500 Cost of Goods V ...

Excel Chart Help
Hello Everyone, I've been tasked with updating a 14 year old excel macro running on a 15 year old mac :(. I'm running into problems with the replicating the charts. Heres an example: http://img99.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0103080255gp2.jpg (Sorry about the quality, camera phone...) Each group represents a different area of our state and each group has its own average line. I'm having 2 problems. Grouping the data from each area together. When I try to set each area up as a series it groups the first entry of each area together then the second entry for each area and so on. ...

Help Creating XLL
Where can I find an example or help creating an XLL? I'd like to create an add-in that allows new Excel formulas. Here are a couple of articles that you may find useful HOWTO: Build an Add-in (XLL) for Excel Using Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178474 XLL A library for creating high performance Excel add-ins http://xll.sourceforge.net Justin Starnes wrote: > Where can I find an example or help creating an XLL? I'd like to create an > add-in that allows new Excel formulas. ...

Need help with slow AutoFilter
I have a file that will be distributed to about 400 people that displays data that they will need to filter and print out. The worksheet contains about 36000 records. I am using an autofilter, but my problem is that the autofilter takes about 3 seconds to apply, but about 4 minutes to take off. Each time a user autofilters, they should get about 100 records. Manual Calculation is turned on, but I can't figure out how to make the removal of the filter any faster. I am using Excel 2003, and we are not currently using Sharepoint globally, so the only way I know of to communicate the data ...

Help on Great Plains VBA
Hi, I am a beginner to Great Plains. When I try to Place ListView Control in VBA editor, i receive a message saying "The control could not be placed, because it is not properly licenced". And also when I try to import a form which is already designed with a listview control, I receive a message "Unknown COM error". Plz could someone help me in this prpblem. Thanks in advance. Vijitha. Vijitha, The problem is exactly that, some controls must be licensed to use in development. By creating a userform and placing a control on it, that is development. In this case, yes y...

Help with annual planning reports!
What would be the best way to update a large Excel file for next year planning package? We do a 3-year plan which uses the following data: Prior year actual 2002 Current year actual 2003 Plan year 1 2004 Plan year 2 2005 Plan year 3 2006 So for next year's plan each year will increase by 1. There are man reports in the file which use the individual years data. Is there a easier way to update this each year? Currently I am copying the prio year's data and then pasting as values in a section below the curren data. Formulas in the reports t...

Can someone help me to understand schema locations?
I have this xml: [xml] <Report p1:schemaLocation="Data_Feed http://server/reportserver?param1=foo&param2=bar" Name="Data Feed" xmlns:p1="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="Data_Feed"> <Data/> </Report> [/xml] And, I'm trying to read it... without success. I'm using code from this KB318545 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318545), but not having much luck. That its not working is probably because I don't understand how to map the info above to the parameters needed ...

link to another file or alternate means of providing help/instruct
I created a Word 2007 form and would like to somehow include a file containing instructions on how to use the form. Is there a way to link to or call an ancillary file from a Word template/form? I would like the user to be able to press a radio button to open and read the instructions, and then dismiss that file without closing or modifying the template/form.... Thanks, Ferg -- Nowisthetime4allgoodmen2come2theaidoftheircountry The difficulty with this is that you cannot force remote users to run the macros required and without them it is academic. There are two no-macro...

need help with budget in Money 2002
I am having a problem with the budget tool in Money 2002. When I set up a savings goal it won't let me put all my extra income into the savings goal. It says I don't have enough. For example if my income is $5000 per month and my expenses are $3000 per month I should have $2000 per month to spend or save. If I make a goal of $18000 per year savings it says I don't have enough and that I only have enough to save $12000. I don't understand. Can anyone help? Thanks. The information in the budget planner should tell you why it thinks this. Do you have debt payments?...

Help me! Crack Vista
Help me.... how to crack window vista enterprise Here's how to crack open the case: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/2e680b8d-211e-41c5-a0bf-9ccc6d7e62a21033.mspx <g> -- Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni SDET - XAS Services - Microsoft Corporation Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com ---------- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included s...