Please Help Me Out Of Word Hell

Version: 2004
Processor: Intel

I have been using Word for years and still can't get it right. I copied and pasted a resume into a yahoo email and mailed it to myself. The resume dates and other info is all over the place. I am trying to create a Word document from the email I sent and I cannot get Bullet listings to go single space on the top half of the document. They will only go double spaced while the rest of the Bullets listings are fine. When I check Paragraph under format it says its Single. So why can't I get the lines to list with single spaces? Also, the document was originally on one page but now is on two. How can I get it all on one page. I was making the font smaller but that didnt help. There should be a way to convert a google or yahoo email into a Word document. If there is please let me know. This is very frustrating. Any help would be great. I hope what I wrote makes sense. <br>
thanks.
0
cannoli38

Thank you. That really helped. One issue I am still having is getting the last Bullet on the bottom to line up under the others. When I use the Format/Bullets and Numbering tool it always places that Bullet too far to the right and I can't move it to the left. How can I get that last Bullet to line up with the rest. Also, after following your directions why couldn't I highlight certain info on the left and move it to the center of the page? The highlighted info would just snap back to the left. <br>
thanks for your help.
0
cannoli38

Help me please, with a formula!
Hi everyone, i need help with the following please: Cell B16 contains a date (which is validated so it is a wednesday) If no data inputed in to cell B27 (9 days > then the date in cell B16) i want cell B27 to turn red. However if cell b16 contains no data then I want cell B27 to do nothing. Hope that makes sense. Many many thanks Dan ...

i need help with finding a specific formula
Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want excel to do the following in laymans terms We have a coloumn of figures. I want excel to look through the coloumn and if any of the figures match I want to add a value on to the original value ! Hope that makes sense and hope someone can help Cheers You could do this with a pivot table. "Dave Edinburgh" <Dave Edinburgh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934EF11A-8442-4A3C-9FCD-4185646C5AED@microsoft.com... > Hi Within Excel I want to be able to run the following formula. I want &g...

Help needed with form and Combo box
This is probably very simple and I have overcomplicated things I have a form which uses a combo box to pull data from my client database where once found there details appear on the form which is actually a new quote/job ClientID / Name / Address JobID / ClientID / Job data ClientID being related. On the form for Jobs I use a combo box to pull in the details of the customer uses ClientID The problem is that I may start a new job unaware that the client does not exist, then obviously it puts up an error message. I would like the ability to enter a new client using the same form, t...

intermittent access to public folders PLEASE READ!!
I have about ten users that cannot access one public folder tree off and on. They can access all other folders without error. The folder is a third level folder, and all permissions are set at the root. Both Default and Anonyms have contributor permission all the way down the tree. If I add the users directly to the fold they gain access for a few hours, then they cannot access again. There is a 1000 users in the enterprise, and everyone else is not having any problems. ANY IDEAS would be great. How many servers you have? If there are several it might be replication problem. Or ...

Pasting Links into Word 2003
When I try to paste a link into Word such as http://microsoft.com it changes to: { HYPERLINK "http://microsoft.com" } and I have to remove the hyperlink to get it to appear as just the text. It used to show the hyperlink as just the text as underlined and changed the color to blue. I like that better. Is there some way to change it back so it shows hyperlinks as underlined text? Thanks -- Justin Press ALT+F9 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor...

my server is down help!!!!
i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a problem.. it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please This is not a lot of info to go on. Please post the relevant Event ID's. In addition, check your Antivirus logs, have you run any Windows Updates lately and what version of Exchange are you talking about with SP Level? -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B32E4DD0-2DF1-4C95-BCEE-88A837E85D0C@microsof...

Is there any predictive text application for Word
I am looking for a predictive text application for use in Word, or even better an application within Word itself ...

is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
Our trainers in the field need a tool that operates like Word that will hold gifs and support graphics easily and reliably. They need to be able to easily customize complicated engineering presentations for customers on short notice. Of course, they want it to operate like Word (so there isn't much of a learning curve). Is Microsoft Publisher the answer? Can you use Word to edit Publisher files? If not, is the learning curve to get up to speed on Publisher long (if you are familiar with Word)? -- DH Publisher is a snap to learn, If you can do Word, believe me, Publisher is easy. ...

Why when I receive a word document it comes as a wordpad?
Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' - does this mean that when I send Word attachments they don't come out properly either?? How can I fix this?? "mare2852" <mare2852@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A26001-1DD0-4F74-9492-506E507717B0@microsoft.com... > Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails > with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' -...

error -199 when attaching word document into entourage
User is Running Mac office 2004 Today when I tried to attach a Word document with an email message the response was: "An unknown error (-199) occurred". We have installed update 11.2.4 hoping this would resolve the issue but it is still happening. There are posts suggesting to copy all data to new document and save but with endnote and form data this becomes a real chore for the user. I note that she gets this error more frequently when using data from the server, we tried to copy the file to her local computer but with the same problem. However when she has the file emailed to...

How to extract all words in a cell except the last one?
I'm sure that has been solved before, but I cannot find or figure ou the right formula so far. I have a column of cells that have the first name, middle name(s) an last name in that order in one cell. I've seen formulas to extract the first or last word of a cell. I want to extract the first name and middle names, that is all word except the last word (or last name). Thank you for replying with the solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =LEFT(A1, FIND("^", SUBSTITUTE(A1,"_", "^", LEN(A1) - LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1, "_&qu...

VBA/Macro/Date format help
Hello Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum. Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all, when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling! I can ...

Word error message
Every time I try to close Word, i receive a message that says word has stopped working. Larry wrote: > Every time I try to close Word, i receive a message that says word has > stopped working. Are you trying to close Word from a .NET application (for which this newsgroup is appropriate), or did you intend to post to a newsgroup/forum which deals with Word? If the latter, I suggest you also tell them which operating system you are using and which version of Word. (Or just google it.) -- Andrew "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Help Please
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3345217232_16739679 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit I use Entourage 2008 on an Exchange 2003 server. When I enter a meeting request/calendar event on a calendar contained in a public folder on the system, the event requests are repeatedly emailed to the calendar administrator. How can I make this stop? --B_3345217232_16739679 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"...

Simple "if word exist among theese cells, then true"
Im banging my head on the "find" functions. They give me a -value- when I need TRUE/FALSE for an IF function. It must be a much easier way to return TRUE or FALSE if a word exist within an area: Data: A1: Orange A2: Apple A3: Banana Function: 1: Is "*Apple*" in A1:A3? = TRUE! 2: Is "*Tomato*" in A1:A3? = FALSE! -- JemyM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JemyM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26945 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=517716 =N...

A hint in the right direction... please :)
We have a small business selling computer products and now we have a website to sell the products on. We have 3 main suppliers each with a few thousand products and currently I am using a macro (many infact) in excel to combine the current data files we get from each supplier into one file that gets uploaded to the website for import. However we would like to move the whole thing over to access to hopefully speed up the daily process of creating the file for upload. I get similar data from each supplier although obviously the columns arn't in the same order etc and one supplier has info th...

HELP ! Problema con OCX in DLL
Ho un problema con il quale mi sto scontrando da diversi giorni ! Ho creato una DLL che esporta una classe di tipo CWinThread, questo thread crea una CDialog modeless che contiene l'oggetto OCX. Il costruttore della dialog esegue: Create(CParent::IDD,NULL); mObject.AttachControlSite(this,IDC_OCX1); con mObject oggetto di tipo classe wrapper del controllo Chiamando la maggior parte dei metodi, e agendo sulla maggior parte delle proprieta dell'OCX viene generata un'eccezione COleException con codice di errore DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH, DISP_E_BADPARAMCOUNT o altro del genere. Con poch...

Putting a word into a cell.
I would like to put a word into a cell depending on the value in another cell. Example: Cell A1=399 Cell B1=401 Cell C1=400 Cell D1= Pass or fail So if C1 is within or equal to A1 and B1 I would like D1 to say Pass. If C1 is outside the range of A1 and B1 I would like D1 to say Fail. Also if its Pass I would like it to be Green text and Fail to be Red text. Thanks in advance Carl -- the-jackal =IF(AND(C1>=A1,C1<=B1),"Pass","Fail") also select D1 and use Format/Conditional Formatting, and change the 2nd dropdown to be "equal to", and type the w...

FindAsUType Help
O.K. I copied the code and ran the debug. Got an error msg, Duplicate Option Statement. I erased this as was stated in the previouse help question. I created my form, put in a combo box with Part Name, Part Number and location as my choice. Left the next box unbound. I then put in the filter the field with an unbound text box. I highlighted the small box in the upper left corner of the form in design view and under the events tab under properties I inserted =Find AsUTypeLoad ( [Form ] ) I set the form to continuse form. I then checked each property for each box on the form ...

HELP! Priv1.edb Restore
We are having issues with our Win2003 server running E2003. After trying a system recovery it looks like we will need to breakdown/build up the server again with OS and E2003. Once we do that we have the existing Priv1.edb fully intact that we want to extract out the mailboxes and restore to mailboxes on the new Priv1.edb created with the new server build. 1. Is this the right course of action? 2. What utility does this best... Exmerge, Eseutil, migration wizard??? 3. What are the steps to follow so that the new E2003 setup can extract out and create mailboxes from an existing 10gb ...

Downloading From The Bank
I did the fix and can now open my money file. I had to repair the file as the home page showed values in the billions (were that it was true!) I noted that all my account numbers were replaced with '???????' Now when trying to make epays or download statements, I get this: "The following transactions failed because the provider encountered an error. Check your logon credentials and try again." I also got another error nmessage that said the bank's internet address was invalid. I went to the online services manager in Money, with the same results. I tried thei...

Out Of Office Assistant Help
Working in a Microsoft Exchange enviroment, using Office XP. One of our users has no out of office assistant in the tools menu of outlook. Other users have the assistant, using the same version of office. We've reinstalled office on his computer, with no change. Not sure where to go with this one, and I'd really appreciate some help. Please let me know if any further information is needed. Thanks, Carl Carl Jas <krazycarl@gmail.com> wrote: > Working in a Microsoft Exchange enviroment, using Office XP. One of > our users has no out of office assistant in th...

tiny letters help
All of a sudden, my letters in word are teeny, tiny. I have looked at everything that was suggested in prior posts and nothing has worked. Old documents are fine, and it prints fine but I can't read the screen. Have you tried changing the zoom? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "judi" <judi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E610266-4597-41F5-8C40-61BB455ED834@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, my letters in word are teeny, tiny. I have looked at > everything that was suggested in prior posts and nothing has worked. Old > doc...

Help! I accidentally deleted a payment for invoice
I'm fairly new to Money, using 2006 Small Business, and in haste I accidentally deleted a payment for invoice deposit in an account register. I haven't found a way to get it back. Is there any way? I don't want to mess it up more, but I wonder if I should delete and re-enter the entire invoice? Thanks for your help, Helena In microsoft.public.money, MarlinPress Manager wrote: >I'm fairly new to Money, using 2006 Small Business, and in haste I >accidentally deleted a payment for invoice deposit in an account register. I >haven't found a way to get it bac...

Desperately seeking help re: Web access and Administrator Account
Hi, I've just installed CRM 3 on SBS, and have it working to the point where it shows up in Outlook on my desktop. I have data in BCM that I want to migrate, and I've installed the migration wizard. Everything worked up to the last Verification step, where I get the message "Current user does not have Restricted Access Mode". From various threads I've read, it appears that this can be set for the Administrator, but I can't find the place to do that. I can't get CRM to open up in a browser, so the only tools I have for opening it up are the ones that appear ...