PDF Maker not working in Office 2004

I have tried the PDF maker in Word and Excel 2004 and it seems to be =
very=20
slow and the status bar stops about 1/4" short of being "done" and will =
go=20
no further.  I don't want to use the Print PDF file in the print =
fucction as the=20
master digital file output can be several times larger than the input.

Any ideas?  Adobe Acrobat 6.2 Pro just says go to the PDF maker in the=20
word/excel application when you try to open a word document to PDF it.
0
jwiles (1)

John Wiles <jwiles@nmsu.edu> wrote:

> I have tried the PDF maker in Word and Excel 2004 and it seems to be very
> slow and the status bar stops about 1/4" short of being "done" and will go
> no further.  I don't want to use the Print PDF file in the print fucction
> as the master digital file output can be several times larger than the
> input.

I've had similar problems. I still use the System PDF maker. I just open
the files in Acrobat Pro afterwards and go through the PDF optimizer to
remove the embedded fonts that make the documents so large... It works
like a charm

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)
<korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

>> I have tried the PDF maker in Word and Excel 2004 and it seems to be very
>> slow and the status bar stops about 1/4" short of being "done" and will go
>> no further.  I don't want to use the Print PDF file in the print fucction
>> as the master digital file output can be several times larger than the
>> input.
>

> I've had similar problems. I still use the System PDF maker. I just open
> the files in Acrobat Pro afterwards and go through the PDF optimizer to
> remove the embedded fonts that make the documents so large... It works
> like a charm

If you just print to the Adobe PDF printer, you get the same benefits as the
Macro, only without the annoying dialogs.

john

--
John C. Welch         Writer/Analyst
Bynkii.com              Mac and other opinions

John C. Welch <jwelch@bynkii.com> wrote:

        Hi John,

> If you just print to the Adobe PDF printer, you get the same benefits as the
> Macro, only without the annoying dialogs.

.... when it works... What John and I were saying is that the Adobe
virtual printer often fails on us and just sits there for ever doing
nothing. In this case, I create the PDF through the system  Print to PDF
function and later optimize it in Acrobat.

I NEVER use the macro. I trashed the PDF Maker plug-ins ages ago. It's a
complete waste of CPU cycles...

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

Money 2004 Passport login problems
Anyone besides me having problems with passport login on Money 2004? The problem is hit and miss. It fails most of the time but I can usually get logged on in 5-10 retries. This started sometime on Friday about the same time as I started having problems getting the online quotes to download. I've fixed the download problem with the ActiveX updates but I'm still having the passport login issue. Just curious to see if it's just me. LB Same problem here. I thought it was just me, but I guess not. Problem started on Friday as well. >-----Original Message----- >Anyone besid...

Debt Plan on MSFT 2004
I tried to set up a debt plan on money 2004. I inputed all the information and said that I wanted to make monthly payments of $350. The problem is when it set up a payment schedule for me it said that I should pay $2,000 for the first month. Is there a way to fix this so I can get payments that are more sane or is this just the way that the debt planner works? We are having the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? Ryan >-----Original Message----- >I tried to set up a debt plan on money 2004. I inputed >all the information and said that I wanted to make monthly ...

53 weeks in 2004 skews x-axis year increment on charts.
Excel 2003. On a chart with weekly data point values and a total range from 2000 through year to date 2006, the fact that 2004 had 53 weeks rather than 52 skews the yearly increments on the x-axis (bottom scale) on the chart. It shows 2004 correctly, but shows 2004 again for the actual 2005 tick mark and 2005 for 2006. I've tried setting the number of catagories between the tick marks at 53 (instead of 52), but it throws off the alignment of the year label to the tick mark and it gets incrementally worse every year. Need a way of making the scale on the x-axis ignore that 2004 h...

Office and the Mac
How would a network of Macintosh clients enjoy Office System servers like LCS, SPS...etc. Will there be a loss in functionality? Do they have the necessary clients to access these servers? In article <9a95a9d9.0406232344.84f7d09@posting.google.com>, janasiudu@yahoo.com (June) wrote: > How would a network of Macintosh clients enjoy Office System servers > like LCS, SPS...etc. Will there be a loss in functionality? Do they > have the necessary clients to access these servers? Hi June! From what I've read about Live Communication Server, you would have to have a Mac-comp...

Money has stopped working
I just purchased Money Plus Premium and whenever I go into investments I get the following error: "Microsoft Money has stopped working". I implemented article # 942485 and it had no impact on my issue. This is fairly aggrevating, any help is appreciated... -- Thank you! Operating System is? (I don't know MSKBs by number without URLs--is this the one on Vista DEP?) "i005860" <osterhaus@msn.com> wrote in message news:33BE6872-EEA6-47BA-A07E-024BF6DCCFAF@microsoft.com... > I just purchased Money Plus Premium and whenever I go into investments I > g...

.pdf file not working in UserForm
SITUATION: want to place a .pdf file in a UserForm so when a user clicks a CommandButton in a worksheet, the UserForm comes up displaying the .pdf file and the user can scroll through the pages. WHAT’S BEEN DONE: 1. UserForm3 created. 2. Adobe AcroPDF1 control inserted/confirmed in UserForm – from Toolbox. 3. CommandButton1 inserted in worksheet. 4. The following code inserted in Module1 [thanks go to Jacob Skaria on MSDN]: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() With Me.AcroPDF1 .LoadFile "S:\.........\DTM-09-007.pdf" [the ...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

On Create Workflow not working
I am trying to add a new workflow rule to our system. All I want to do is send an email when a new order is created, that's it. I have many other, much more complex workflows running just fine. However, it seems I can no longer add an On Create workflow rule. If I change this rule to On Assign, it runs fine. For some reason, any new On create rules are not running, the old On create rules still work. Does anyone know what this could be? Any help is appreciated. This is only affecting the Creation of workflow rules for Orders. Is there a maximum # of rules allowed for each...

outgoing email stopped working
My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I can still receive email fine. I've been through text support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an outlook problem. Any suggestions? Julie Fairchild What errors do you get? Julie wrote: > My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, although I > can still receive email fine. I've been through text > support with my ISP (prodigy/SBC) and they say it is an > outlook problem. Any suggestions? > > Julie Fairchild >-----Original Message----- >My outgoing email stopped sending yesterday, a...

2005 accounts from 2004
Using 2004. Install 2005. It auto's over to the bank and downloads every account I have. Of the 9 accounts, I only want 4 in 2005. I can co\lose the unwanted accounts, but can not deleate them without deleating all of the accounts. All my reports are distorted because of the unwanted accounts. How can I get rid of the extra accounts? ...

Automatic Replies to Internet not working
Contrary to the below KB article our automatic replies are not reaching Internet users. Scenario: We have two domains: 1. company.com 2. company.net When any email is sent to user@company.net we need an automated reply sent. We followed http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010347871033.aspx and it works wonderully for internal users, but Internet users do not receive the reply. Any ideas? Internet Recipients Do Not Receive Out-of-Office Message http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323665 instead of allow ooo, you would need to check allow automatic re...

Reports not working from client machines
Hi, Reports are not working for me from client machines - neither from web client nor from outlook client. I guess, the problem is that, while installing crm we have given http://localhost/reportserver as the reporting server url. I need to give ip of the report server machine then... btw, reports are working perfectly fine, if I login to server machine and access it from web client. do anyone know, how this setting can be changed? I tried 'Repairing' the installation, but there is no option to specify report server url. Thanks... Hi, In the registery settings you can chang...

microsoft office chart documentation / API
Hello, I'm trying to incorporate this microsoft office chart 10.0 activex control into my MFC dialog application. I can see the control on the dialog, and that is fantastic. I cannot populate it with any data programatically though - and I cannot find ANY documentation for how to use this activex wrapper. All I'd like to do is create a bar chart with 4 data points from an array, to start. Does anyone have any examples, or just where I could find documentation on this? There are a lot of articles out there that are somewhat similar using vb or other versions of the chart control, but...

Office Clipboard in Office 2007, Windows 7
Hi all, I have a user that for a long time has been using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 for photo management, and Word for creation of reports with his photos. This weekend, I upgraded him to Windows 7, and as part of the process upgraded him to Office 2007 SP2, up from the original release. Along the way were several other office updates as well. His original workflow was to crop the photos to his liking in the photo editor, then copy them and paste them directly into his word document. I had seen him do this in past while looking at other issues in word, and it worked. H...

Outlook 2007
We are implementing Outlook 2007 - Exchange 2010 across the company and we are noting that while we can open and save attachments directly from the email in either preview pane or full view (by right clicking and saying "Save As"), the Save Attachment button does not work in the Email Toolbar. Having put the Save Attachment button in my quick access toolbar, I note that it does not work either when I open the full Email. I am thinking this might be related to the Exchange/Outlook relationship. Our exchange server in on our LAN and I have my connection set to "Dow...

How can I rewrite IF IsError Function to Work in VBA
I am trying to write this code in VBA. Does anyone know the best code to make this work? If (IsError(mSumIfs / Kountifs),"NA", mSumIfs / Kountifs) If (worksheetfunction.IsError(mSumIfs / Kountifs),"NA", mSumIfs / Kountifs -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=157710 [url=&quot;http://www.thecodecage.com&quot;]Microsoft Office Help[/url] "DogLov...

Assign Macro to button in Excel doesnt work Any ideas?
I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro" option does not appear!! Any Ideas Hi Mike can you see assign macro - but it is greyed out? or is it not an option at all? if it is greyed out you'll notice around the button little diagonal lines, click on these and they should go furryish .. now try right mouse clicking. if the option is not there at all, please post back letting us know how you created the button. Cheers JulieD "Mike@Becketts" <Mike@B...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Making Taskpad work for me
I just started using the Calendar and Taskpad functions for my Outlook 2000. When I do a printout of my oneday view, I'm frustrated because it lists all of the tasks, not just the ones that are due that day. I can't figure out how to either change the view so it only shows the tasks due that day, or to create a view that doesn't show the tasks at all. I would also appreciate anyone's opinion on what benefits I would gain by upgrading to a new version of Outlook. Thanks, Dave ...

Money Import Handler doesn't work anymore in Money Deluxe 2006
It used to, for years, but now whenever I download an account statement, whether from my bank or from a credit card account, the statement gets downloaded, apparently, but Money doesn't do anything with it. If I save the downloaded .OFX file, instead of choosing the Money Import Handler, I can then go to File - Import - Download Statement and Money uses the data correctly. Under Tools - Settings - Online Service Settings, the following options are chosen: Overwrite transaction dates... Replace downloaded payee name... Automatically mark accepted transactions... Enter electronic pay...

Runtime error for money 2004 deluxe
I upgrade my notebook and try to install my money 2004 deluxe and after installing, I start the program and I have the message " Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library" Runtime error! Program: c:\program Files\Microsoft money\System\msmoney.exe abnormal program termination" Anyone can help, Thank in advance In microsoft.public.money, Joe wrote: > >I upgrade my notebook and try to install my money 2004 >deluxe and after installing, I start the program and I >have the message > > >" Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library" > Ru...

Compare Full 2002 with Office 2003 Publisher
I have been running the full version of 2002, and now have installed the Student Edition of 2003, which includes Publisher 2003 in the Office Suite. Is my 2002 more powerful/complete than the Office 2003 version? Would I be having to do without certain features, and if so, which? Thanks in advance for any advice. Ellen in MN 2003 is superior to 2002. You will not have to do without any features. The best part is the terrible text box outline is gone. I can't remember what is was called other than derogatory names. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ellen...

2005 Upgrade from 2004 Issues
I am a long time user of Money. I was using 2004 and upgraded to 2005. I have run into several issues. Some I could fix and some I am still trying to deal with. I still have time to go back and reload 2004 and not lose too much. Here were my issues. -For some reason, several of the begining balances did not come over. This caused my account balances to be off. (I fixed these) -The bills and Deposits is 5 times longer with many repeats for some strange reason. It will not even let me edit them. (Might have to delete all and reenter??) -My 401k account and another investment accou...

importing old money info into new PC with money 2004
group, We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now want to import the records from the old box to the new one. Does any one know the path for doing so. Thank you, Dave- In microsoft.public.money, David U. wrote: > We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now >want to import the records from the old box to the new >one. Does any one know the path for doing so. If you can do it easily, copy the .mny file to the new box into your Documents folder. Double-click it in Windows Exp...

Money 2004
I've got a handful of transactions that when money autocompletes them, they have no category or an incorrect category. Everytime I go back and correct the category, but the next time, my corrections never show up. How can I get the corrections to stick? Or delete the existing autocomplete entry so I can recreate it. Thanks. Ray. -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...