Page numbers in Word

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements when I choose Header, in other words, in any format.
When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked.

It sounds to me like you simply may have toggled the display of Field
Codes -- Try keying Option+F9 or go into the Header/Footer,
Control/Right-Click what you're describing as a "button" & select Toggle
Field Codes from the contextual menu. If fneither of those suggestions
rectify the situation please provide as much accurate & descriptive detail
as yo can.

Also, make sure you have Office fully updated with SP1 (12.2.0) plus the
12.2.1 interim update & restart your Mac.

--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

<Gifteddood@officeformac.com> wrote in message
> Version: 2008
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)
> Processor: Intel
>
> I cannot get Insert Page numbers to work in word, in documents elements
> when I choose Header, in other words, in any format.
> When I select Insert, etc. I get a grayed button reading "page" instead of
> the numbers. I even had an email response from Microsoft but their
> instructions did not correct the problem. They had me put several items in
> the trash, and finally restart. Nothing worked.

0
CyberTaz

auto number index snafu
I have a 2003 DB I've been adding to for 2 years. It's at 423 records = now. I export to a PDF for simpler searching and viewing. Using the search the other day, I went to grab DVD 186, on carousel tower= 2. And what came up didn't match the record. The index was totally screwed. I went thru all 423 records and created a numeric index by hand. The auto number field is useless. But I would still prefer an auto number field. Trouble is when I create the auto number field, it's still off the actual numbers of the records.. ie: 99-100 is actually 99-186,187, 188, 189 100-385,...

Auto assign Lot Numbers in PO receiving
Hi! Has anyone made a customization to auto assign Lot numbers upon item receipt? My client's lot number is numeric, they want the system to auto assign this. Any ideas? Thanks! -- Marisol Mortera Marisol, Yes indeed, I created one for a client. You probably will not be able to use it as-is because of some client specific functionality but I'm sure you could use this as a stepping stone. The key features were that it would allow for rapid lot number entry by a. Auto-incrementing the lot number - we had Alphanumeric lot numbers so we added a suffix and b. copy the previous lo...

Dates in fomula showing as whole number

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

Menu Page
I'd like to make a menu page with buttons to jump between spreadsheets of a workbook. I will turn off the tabs at the bottom in order to do this, but I'm looking for code for my menu buttons to flip to each spreadsheet. Also to return to the menu from a specific spreadsheet, I'd like to use a right click to jump back to the menu. Can someone help me with this. I'm used to programming in MS Access, so programming in MS Excel is a new venture for me. Thanks, PC How about an alternative... Create that index worksheet and put hyperlinks to A1 of each sheet. And then put a hyp...

reserved words
why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using 2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the field names. fianlly can anyone recommend tutorials on youtube as comprehensive as excel is fun? thanks for the trouble. ged. On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 15:00:01 -0800, stressed windows user <stressedwindowsuser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >why can reserved words be used in a table in excel and not in acess? am using >2007, tested importing a csv file from paypal to acess and protested at the >field names. fi...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Word integration that works ?
Does anyone have a link to a good solution in creating word documents from CRM, i.e. quotes etc. A solution where maybe it's possible to create it with a button and at the same time get an activity attached to the oppertunity. Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 14509 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke denne besked i deres e-mails. Hent en gratis SPAMfighter her. Suggest you look at Mail merge from mscrmaddons. Other than that i...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Does Word have a command that compares to WordPerfect Advance?
I want to advance text to a specific position within the line that is independent of the number of characters that precedes it. Tab will not work as it measures from the preceding character. WordPerfect has a command: "Typesetting" "Advance" that I use for this. Is there a comparable command in MS Word? Word does have an Advance field, mostly for compatibility with documents imported from WordPerfect. If you use the \x switch, it will position the next character at the specified location. According to the help topic on the Advance field, the \x switch &qu...

Ordering by number and text
I use a report to print out checklists that in the detail section have item number to delineate each checklist item. The item numbers as an example are 1-1, 1-2, 1-2a, 1-2b, or 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-3a, 2-3b and so on. The report is grouped by checklist section and the grouping works perfectly but when the report is printed the item numbers are ordered in this order 1-1, 1-10, 1-11, 1-2, 1-3, 1-3a, 1-3b, 1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-9. Obviously I want the the order to be in proper numerical sequence where 1-10 comes after 1-9. but even replacing the '-' with a decimal point doesn't ...

matching columns of numbers

Zero filling a number field
I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but can't figure out how. Any ideas? You don''t say where you're trying to do this, but basically Format(YourAutoNumber, "000000") pdlginternet@aol.com wrote: >I have an auto number field that I want to zero fill to six digits but >can't figure out how. Any ideas? -- There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat! Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003 Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 You can't do that wi...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

Determine number of rows with data

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Word 2008 keeps crashing
I recently purchased a Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008. Whenever I type in Word or copy/paste from another document, I either get an error that says "Insufficient memory" or the application freezes and will not respond. Is there something I can do or just have to wait for an update? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285228210_9363962 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 10:37 AM, in article ee8c846.-1@web...

Converting number to text

Sequentially number lines automatically