Outlook online?

How can I view, update, and manage my Outlook calendar online?  (For free.  I
have already bought the software.)
0
Rbnthom (1)

You've landed in a discussion group for users of Mac versions of Office.
Macs don't have Outlook. Although there are several people here who are
experts in both Mac and PC, and they may come by soon, you're likely to get
quicker results in a discussion group for PC Office. Start here:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx, and
when posting mention the specific version you're using.

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
Canberra, Australia
(My time zone is 5-11 hours different from North America and Europe, so my
follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed)

On 22/7/07 8:28 AM, in article
091B29F5-742F-4238-BC54-87ACD03AE353@microsoft.com, "Rbnthom"
<Rbnthom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How can I view, update, and manage my Outlook calendar online?  (For free.  I
> have already bought the software.)

You can't.  You need Exchange Server for that.

The closest you can come is to "Publish" your Outlook Calendar to a website,
where you can view it when you are not at your desk.

Alternatively, some ISPs will provide you with a hosted and managed Exchange
Server account as part of your mail service.  That will permit you to use
Outlook Web Access to view and manage your calendar online.

Cheers

On 22/7/07 7:58 AM, in article
091B29F5-742F-4238-BC54-87ACD03AE353@microsoft.com, "Rbnthom"
<Rbnthom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> How can I view, update, and manage my Outlook calendar online?  (For free.  I
> have already bought the software.)

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Sydney, Australia.  S33�53'34.20 E151�14'54.50
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

forwarded message come in as .eml, not inline Text Outlook 2003
When people forward messages to me, the forwarded message arrives as an .eml attachment. I am using Outlook 2003. How can I get the system to not convert the forwarded messages as .eml attachments, rather in-line text in the e-mail? Thanks, Leslie They've probably chose to forward as attachment and are using Outlook Express or Windows (Live) Mail. Have them use a normal forward instead. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World...

Sales for Outlook 08-29-05
Does anyone know if you can "Promote" email messages from Outlook folders other than the "Inbox" folder? In the current version of CRM, you can't promote email from folders other than the Inbox. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "BrianF" wrote: > Does anyone know if you can "Promote" email messages from Outlook folders > other than the "Inbox" folder? FWIW, it is also possible to promote emails from folders other than your own inbox - specifically an inbox folder in a shared mailbox. You might get lucky with ...

Read Receipts
Good evening! I am thinking that read receipts are more an Outlook issue than an Exchange issue but wanted to ask here. We have a client who is secretly having us forward all e-mails sent to "PersonX" forwarded to the CEO (and then sent - via rule - to a specific sub-folder of his Inbox). Additionally, I have set up a Transport Rule to forward all outbound e-mails that "PersonX" sends to the CEO. The rule is very basic.... 1) check messages when they arrive 2) from people or distribution list (then select "PersonX") 3) move it to the specifi...

Outlook message settings
I need a way to bring messages from a certain person to the attention of the receiver. I need to use something besides the normal Flag or Important setttings. Is there a way to make a customized message setting? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "haralson@lsb.state.ok.us" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bea01c3a967$79187f00$a001280...

Small text in printed pages from Outlook
I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for appointments etc., the problem is, that when I print the pages [1 page per day] then the text on those pages is tiny - I've been looking for a cure for ages, anyone able to help???? On 11/17/2009 3:02 AM On a whim, Chris Jones pounded out on the keyboard > I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print > pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for > appointments etc., the pr...

Outlook #326
I move all my emails from people to their corresponding folder. (Ex. School sends me an email, after i read it or send it i move it to "School"). I am trying to figure out how to create a rule either in the wizard or VBA to move the message after I forward it to the designated folder. Such as I get a message from my mom and send it to my girlfriend...I would like outlook to move the message from my inbox to my "MOM" folder. If anyone could help I would be ecstatic! EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Server 2000 How-To Videos for Beginner DBAs http://www...

sync Outlook data between multiple computers
Looking for a way to sync both contacts and caledar on two different computers (single user). A tablet PC and a laptop running Win XP w/either Office 2002 or 2003 with peer to peer network. Do you have IR on both? At any rate, see if one of these solutions works for you: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer rweaver <anonymous@discussions....

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

Outlook 2000 unable to connect to Exchange 2003 mailbox
I've just moved over 2500 users from Ex2K servers to Ex2K3. At the same time I also changed the Directory Access servers to use specific DCs and GCs, rather than leaving it set to automatic. The day after moving the mailboxes all was fine...but after a couple of days users report problems when accessing their mailboxes. When the open Outlook and choose 'Connect' Outlook freezes. When they open Outlook in Offline mode and hit Send and Receive it gets to the Retrieving mail stage before again freezing. I've since returned Directory Access to Automatic and the only way I&...

I can't get Outlook to connect to an IMAP4 server
I'm trying to connect Outlook 2000 SP3 (Windows XP Pro, all patches installed, 700 MHz Pentium III, 320 Mb RAM) to Mercury/32 v. 4.01 (Windows 2000 Pro, all patches installed, 350 MHz, 416 Mb RAM). The machines are on a small network running Ethernet (100Base-T full duplex) using a Linksys router/switch. The IMAP server PC has a static IP (192.168.1.222) - the Outlook machine does not. I know that the static IP is correct - can connect to Mercury's HTTP server by pointing Internet Explorer 6 at the IP. I have two problems: 1. When I create an IMAP account, I do not get an...

Remove Unwanted Categories in Mobile Outlook
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2007 and also WM 6.5. I did a sync with my WM6.5 and also OL07, thereafter I realised that there're several Categories in the Mobile Outlook that I do not want. I can't delete them from the WM and was told that I need to do it from OL07. May I know how to do this? The Categories that I do not want appears in my OL07 as "Not in the master list" Currently there're no more calendar entries marked under these categories. Please advice. Thank you. izaac. use the group by category view, go to the category groups you want to...

Configuring Outlook 2003 client to connect to Exch F/E
Hi All, Forgive me if this has been asked before!!! We have 1 exchange 2003 Enterprise edition sevrer in our AD Forest. I want to introduce another exchange 2003 Enterprise server into our AD forest for DR. After I do this I want to introduce a Exch F/E into our forest and leave it behind our firewall. Right now Outlook clients connect to EXCH-01 when we add the F/E server does Outlook automatically configure the client to connect to the F/E server. If not what are the steps to configure the clients to connect Thanks in advance for your answers. Tony An Exchange server supporting th...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

Outlook 07 crashing on launch
Hi Having some issues with outlook 07 on vista business. I have tried removing the localcache but the problem still exists. When i launch outlook it simply doesnt respond and gives no errors apart from the very useful program has stopped responding message. I am using the outlook mdaemon connector plugin. I have also tried reinstalling Office. But same issue accurs. Its only happening on 3 pcs. Kind Regards Rob Have you tried removing the plugin or starting with the /safe switch? "robs" <rob@blackorangejuice.com> wrote in message news:##pr8BrIJHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP04....

Outlook 98 duplicates needing removed
After nearly an hour of searching I am stumped. I have just reformatted my PC and have reinstalled Outlook 98. I then changed PST file locations to where I have mine stored and when I reopened OL98, I have many many duplicate emails. Is there an easy way for me to get rid of them without going through them one by one. I tried MapiLab but they only have Duplicate Email Remover for v2000 and up IRC. Many thanks To remove extra PST(s) from the folder list: Outlook 97 or Outlook 98/2000 (Corporate Mode) - On the Tools menu, click Services. - Highlight Personal Folders service you want to rem...

SHIFT M in outlook
Hi all When in outlook 2000 on my work station at work, if I press SHIFT M it brings up the name of a previous employee who does not even have a profile on the server. Does anyone know how to get rid of this as it doesnt appear to be a signature or anything obvious. Thanks in advance Tom ...

Run time error when opening up Outlook for the first time after logging into computer
I am running outlook XP or 2002 and I have noticed that recently when opening up outlook for the first time after logging into my computer which is running XP pro, that outlook gets an runtime error and will not allow outlook to open. After that outlook opens just fine. One of the changes that I have done is disabled Windows messenger from running at all per article 302089 from microsoft. I am not sure if this is the problem or not, I did have a problem with outlook express opening up slowly and there was a fix for that. Any ideas.. ...

gridlines in outlook 2002 (sp2) messages
im trying to make outlook print gridlines from excel sheets. i copy a piece of an excel worksheet into clipboard and paste it into an outlook email. the gridlines appear ok. but when i go to print- they dont appear on the preview or the print out. what do i need to do to make them visible? also when i paste the same clipboard contents into wordpad and select print preview, the gridlines work! the only way i can figure how to get the gridlines to work in outlook is to paste special and select "microsoft excel worksheet". but the people here are pedantic, and want to be able to just p...

Exchange / outlook public folders and DST
Hi, I have MS exchange server 2003 and XP SP 2 fully patched. DST tested ok but for some reasons, appointments in the public folders are still 1 hour off. Your help is appreciated...(EST Time). Thanx You need to run the rebasing tools against Public Folders that contain Calendar items (type IPM.Appointment). You can do this using the patched Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=933146), or using the Exchange Calendar Update Tool v2 with the patched Outlook tool (when bulk rebasing appointments by an admin). The following post on t...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Outlook 2003
This is very annoying. Somehow, the "Outlook Read Mail" bar is at the top of all "Read Mail" windows. I can swap it with the menu bar, but "Outlook Read Mail" goes back to the top with the next message I read. Is there a way to fix this and have it stay fixed for a while? -- John ...

Outlook Bar folders disappear.
Win XP Pro SP3 OE6 I have several folders in my Outlook Bar.Occasionally and for no apparent reason, some of them disappear!It can be any of them, not just the user generated ones. In other words it could be the Deleted,Drafts and a couple of user folders. And not always the same ones. A restart of OE puts everything back to normal. Didn't see anything relevant in Google. Any ideas? You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test it. If all is well, you can import you...

switch from outlook express to outlook
Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have now). How do they compare and how would I switct to Outlook if I decide to? Thanks. Do you need a calendar or task tracker? "Terry Cuyler" <tcuyler@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message news:034701c36aa1$3ff90870$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Comparison of outlook to outlook express (which I have > now). How do they compare and how would I switct to > Outlook if I decide to? ...

outlook to exchange tracking
Hi All, I have an outlook client that is sending strange messages through the server. I need to track down what the client IP is or what user account is being used to send these messages. Is there a way to track activity between outlook and the exchange server? ...

Is there a way to change outlook express
I just downloaded and installed sp2 and I don't like the "new" outlook express, is there a way to change it back without having to uninstall sp2 update? No. Write down exactly what you don't like about it and ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck!" -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month...