outlook 2007 hang

can only get it to start in safe mode and safe mode:1
word also won't start except in safe mode, excel and PP fine.

0
13hockey (4)

This newsgroup is for Office for Mac; you should repost in a newsgroup
dedicated to Win Office, or even Outlook itself.

On 05/03/08 14:37, in article
B71788BF-A88E-4B60-9CD1-48BFD9D9DD43@microsoft.com, "13hockey"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)

"FULL NAME" Showing reversed in Outlook 2007
Just upgraded to OL 2007 From 2003 and new contacts entered now are showing up in reverse name order even though the name is correctly entered in details section. Comes up correct in "File As" but backwords in FULL Name. Old contacts are fine. Help please? TIA! So what settings did you specify for your Full Name field? -- Russ Valentine "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3689B9EC-C94A-45AE-9E07-BBB3807B77FF@microsoft.com... > Just upgraded to OL 2007 From 2003 and new contacts entered now are > showing up in reverse name order even t...

Outlook 2003 with IMAP Problem
I use Outlook 2003 as my e-mail client (configured as IMAP) Randomly my inbox or other imap folders will not show the e-mails in the folder or it will only show a few in the folder (typically really old ones) Then all of a sudden (like an hour or two) it resyncs with the server and show everything. While the error is happening (where it doesn't show all the emails) new emails that arrive after the problem will show properly. Please help try removing the account and add it again. Your email should be safe since it is stored on the server. You will download all your headers again which...

Outlook 2002 problem with rules
Good day: I have multiple email accounts that come into Outlook. I have a spam rule first that looks for a SPAM in the subject line and moves it to a junk mail folder. Then I have a rule for each account so they all go into their appropriate folders. Problem is I am getting 2 copies of each spam mail, one in each account folder and one in the junk mail folder. This worked fine in Outlook 2000, and I can not figure out why it is doing this now. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you Mark mark@whitestardata.com <mark@whitestardata.com> wrote: > I have multiple email accounts ...

Outlook inbox causes Outlook to crash
I am running Office XP on MS Office XP Pro. About five days ago, I updated from MS using the auto update function. Ever sense, whenever I try to go into my Inbox, Outlook crashes. I get a message that Outlook has encountered a critical error and must close. I can use all other folders in Outlook: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, etc. with no problem. When I try to enter the Inbox, Outlook crashes. I have tried using the fix and repair function - no help. The computer is configured so my wife has log-in to her "side" and I have one to my "side". Her Outlook f...

Outlook
Does anyone know if, and how, you can turn off the mail icon which appears in the taskbar whenever new mail arrives? (I am ware that you can turn off the sound and message via the e-mail options menu) Thanks What version of Outlook are you running and what mode (Corp/Workgroup, Internet Mail Only, etc.) do you have it installed in? If you're not sure, check Help | About. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. M...

Outlook 2003 Exchange Caching
Anyone know where the exchange cache file is created on the outlook 2003 client machine? It's an OST file. Search for that. You may need to enable showing hidden and system folders to be able to see the file in Windows Explorer. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014501c3aed3$eb8a7cc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know where the exchange ...

syncing contacts with outlook 2000 with itouch
I cannot sync my itouch with Outlook. I have Outlook 2000 installed, is this compatible with the itouch or do you need the latest version of Outlook for this to work? Not an Outlook question. Contact whoever supports your sync software. -- Russ Valentine "Ellie" <Ellie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6D846EA-FD98-4D7F-A33B-34277F5B533A@microsoft.com... >I cannot sync my itouch with Outlook. > > I have Outlook 2000 installed, is this compatible with the itouch or do > you > need the latest version of Outlook for this to work?...

Outlook 2003 and Word 2003
I would like to know how I would create a signature for email and insert into individual messages using Word as my email editor. As it stands right now I can use OL as my editor and insert a signature, however I cannot find a similar command when using Word as my email editor. I run a business and maintain a web site so I need two different signatures, any way of doing this? Thanks Have you tried asking Help in Word "Create email signature"? the directions are very good and once you have your signature defined, you can right click and select from any of your Outlook sig...

AutoText / Quick Parts in Office 2007
In Office 2003, Outlook used the autotext from Word. You create an autotext entry in Word and it was available in Outlook. I have now migrated to Office 2007, however the autotext from 2007 (now in a tab called “Quick Parts”) does appear in Outlook. Upon further investigation, saving anything in the various “Quick Parts” locations still does not make them available to Outlook. My question is: How do I tell Outlook to go look in the Word Quick Parts locations for the autotext features I need? -- Thank you, John Gregory ...

Outlook 2003
Every time I get back to the office after being away for a while, my screen gets barraged with appointment reminders when I launch Outlook. It�s an annoyance; I�m never interested in what�s occurred in the past, just what�s upcoming. Is there any way to suppress these? Thanks, A_C turn off reminders - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www....

Outlook doesn't send messages with attachments
Hi, I've tried to send an email with an attachment and Outlook displays the send/receive dialogue, gets to 50% and then just sits there. Outlook is still operational but it won't send the email. If I take the attachment away from the message it goes no problems. I've tried various file sizes ranging from 300k to 2Mb in size and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any info on this or what might be wrong? Thanks Craig Did you ever find out why Outlook won't send attachments, jpg's etc? arsingerjr@comcast.ne ----- Craig Fiddick wrote: ---- Hi ...

outlook new message has no subject
The subject line is not there when I create a new message in outlook so recipients get an email from me with no subject. Of course it has no subject until you put one in. Explain what you are = doing to expect a subject line prefilled. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, LSA1019 asked: | The subject line is not there when I create a new message in outlook | so recipients get an email from me with no subject. D...

where did my outlook go?
I performed a clean reinstall of Windows Millennium & Works Suite 2000.outlook express reinstalled but not outlook. How do I reinstall outlook? From iether a standalone OL disk or frm an MS Office disk OL is a seperate app, not included with win* or works* David "anne" <kq8387kq@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:043901c36b5e$9c579830$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I performed a clean reinstall of Windows Millennium & > Works Suite 2000.outlook express reinstalled but not > outlook. How do I reinstall outlook? ...

autosync notes from Outlook to Smartphone
I have converted my Palm treo device information to Outlook and see all the notes on the Outlook note section. But when I autosync, the notes don't transfer to my smartphone. Any ideas? version of outlook? are you using activesync? do you have notes enabled for syncing? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

On-line training program for Microsoft Project 2007
Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a basic and intermediate level of MS Project 2007? There's a lot of options. Check the MPUG newsletter. Bill Raymond is teaming up with Versatile to offer a bunch of free sessions. Other options (that I am aware of off the top of my head) MS Project Experts ProjectProCorp Versatile ....and I am sure a bunch of others who will respond to this post. "JB" wrote: > Hello, can someone recommed an effective on-line training program to learn a > basic and intermediate level of...

How can I preview image attachments in Outlook 2002?
Is there any way to configure Outlook (I am using 2002) to display image attachments in the same way that Outlook Express does? i.e. embedded at the end of the e-mail? If this is not possible, is there a way to View or "Preview" the image attachment without having to "Open" it, or "Save" it and then open it, in my image editing application? No. There is no version of Outlook that can be configured to do inline previewing of attachments. The only time you would see a graphic is if someone sent you an html formatted message and had inserted the picture as a...

How do I set up 4 postcards per page in Publisher 2007
I could do this in 2003 and can't seem to be able to in 2007. Anyone had any luck with this? Thanks Use one of the Avery US Letter postcard templates. They work every time. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cdarwin" <cdarwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEAA8060-8AC2-4024-8BCE-331F0864E94C@microsoft.com... >I could do this in 2003 and can't seem to be able to in 2007. Anyone had any > luck with this? Thanks ...

Outlook 98 Personal Folders -> Outlook 2003
The boss asked me another question today, he has a ton of email stored in personal folders on his old computer, now if I can save myself from having to forward all those emails to his email account and download them that would be bomb. There has to be a way to back up his personal folders with all the emails inside of them. This is very important, any help as soon as possible is appreciated. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Can't yo...

Outlook keeps downloading the same messages
Outlook keeps downloading the same messages from Earthlink. I have NOT checked to leave messages on the server, but it does anyhow. This problem has been intermittent for the last few weeks. And when the problem is present, Outlook isn't downloading the attachments to the messages, even when I mark to do so. ...

Outlook 2000 Send Emails
I tried accessing some of the previous posts regarding this feature and I am not sure if this has been addressed. So here is my version of the problem: Win 2k, Outlook 2000. Sends and receives fine (had McAfee Virus scan and firewall installed). Since upgraded to Internet Suite 6, I cannot send any mails, Regardless of attachments but incoming mails are OK. Error 530:Authentication required, 0x800ccc78, Rejected by sender. I have tried uninstalling virus scan, disabling all components of the security suite, and I have also contacted my ISP provider (Comcast) who swears up and down that...

Visio Professional 2007
Recently, I was given a gift that included MS Office Visio Professional 2007. I would like to install it on my machine which is running MS Office 2005. Can I still install my visio product or will I need to upgrade my ms office 2005 to 2007? There is no such product as MS Office 2005. There was MS Office 2003. You can install Visio 2007 while using it with Office 2003 without having to upgrade.. Michael "ddlldrinc" <ddlldrinc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8EB51BA-B263-494C-938F-8316771F7A44@microsoft.com... > Recently, I was given a gift tha...

Delegating tasks with Outlook
I have a Server and 2 Workstations. I would like the ability to do the following: 1. Delegate tasks from my Workstation to someone on the other Workstation. 2. Share folders so that two people can work on the same email folder. Think I can do that with Net folder sharing?? Do I really need Exchange to do this or can I just use 2 versions of Outlook on each PC? I will most likely be using Outlook 2003 beta at first. If I have to go to Exchange (which I have) is it complex to set up? Thanks, Jon -- Jon12345 Jon Lawrance ------------------------------------------------------------------...

Repeated Outlook CDO Update Prompts
Since installing the latest Office 2000 update as listed on the Office Update website on 1/16/06, we are getting repeatedly prompted to install the Outlook 2000 Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) update from the year 2000 on ALL our Windows 98 and ME machines. We have tried several times to (re)install the CDO update, and each time it says it installs successfully, yet it comes up again the next time we run Office Update. This appears to be a problem with the Office Update detection engine. As an addendum to this post, the update we installed on 1/16/06 (which ended up causing the CDO proble...

programs accessing outlook 2002 problem
Hi there, I'm a new user who needs some help! As soon as I enter a contact, task or calender entry into outlook 2002 I get the following notification window open: "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should chose "No" (small check box) Allow this for (1-10 minutes drop down box) Yes No Help (buttons)" If I press yes or no the dialogue box just keeps coming back and if I press help it just tell me to press yes or no. I can allow it for up to 10...

Outlook Express
Hi, any one know how can move my "Bloked Sender List" from my outlook express client (on my workstation pc), to my outlook express client on my notebook ???? THXs in advance... Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed wit...