Office2004 crashes in VBA

Hi All

I'm having a problem with my office 2004, it crashes when I forget to
make a space infront of a ( in the VB
editor.

Office force quits, and tells me that it will recover my data, but it
doesn't do so...

I'm not that experienced with the VB editor, but it seems ti me that
office should only give me a warning, and let me correct the mistake -
or is it supposed to quit?

Hope you can help me with a solution to this problem

regards

Hi Janus:

It's not supposed to quit.

I don't think the space is the problem.  Show me the whole code module and I
will have a better chance.

Cheers

On 10/10/06 5:29 AM, in article
1160422159.995675.182720@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com,

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)

Who can help me with a VBA
Hello everybody, Who can make a VBA code for me??? I have an sheet called "insertsheet", in cell B8 people can fill in 1 till 10 with validation. In a other sheet called "Dataprocessing" I want row 23 is visible when B8 is 1 I want row 23 + 24 visible when B8 is 2 etc. At the same time I want the same in a sheet called "List" but then start at row 27 Who can help me. Thanks in advanced. Regards, BL One way: Put this in your insertsheet code module: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim n...

Word 2007 Crash
I was merrily typing along in a table in a Word 2007 document (a .docx file) and the pop-up message appeared "You have exceeded the maximum number of pages supported by Microsoft Word." At that point the data down at the bottom left of the screen read: "Page 15 of 76" and "Words 21,708" When I clicked on the x at the top right of the message box (the ONLY option) the box disappeared, and everything looked OK. As soon as I placed my cursor back at the place where I was adding text, the entire Word screen turned a light transparent gray and the cur...

pop up reminder vba
Dear all, I have a query for expiry dates that gives me today expiry, that includes birthdates passport and visa renewal how can I set a vba that allows me to get a pop up once I open the access file. I'm new in vba and I don't know how to do it please help Have a look at: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Birthday2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Tia" <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote in message news:381669bf-e35a-4596-bfcc-50a118f9a5f0@m16g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >...

Credit & Debit Transactions Crashing POS!?!
We've experienced a POS crash on a number of occasions when utilizing the integrated credit card process -- both credit and debit. Has anyone else experienced this and how did you fix the problem? We've talked to both DRS and Microsoft but stll can't seem to fix the problem. Thanks! Well, the fact that it happens on both credit and debit may point away from this, but it's possible that the PINPad draws more current than the PC power supply can support. This causes a short brown-out and the PC becomes unstable. If you're using an OPOS based MSR, you may be havin...

Learning VBA & Macros
Dear All, I am begining to learn the VBA aspect of Excel in order to develop applications in Excel. Any suggestions how I may proceed with this effectively. Thanks vvraj -- vvraj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ vvraj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33100 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=529106 vvraj, here are some places to start, Have a look at the links posted on this site, under the heading of, Excel Lessons & Tutorials (#tutorials) http://www.mvps.org/dmc...

VBA Code for Pasting Sheets
I would like a spreadhseet that pastes the contents of one sheet into another sheet. I like like to do this for 7 different sheets For example: I would like paste the contents form sheet titled "sheet1" into a sheet titled "data1". Continue to process for pasting "sheet2" into "data2" and "sheet3" into "data3" all way until "sheet7" and "data7". thanks, Curt Subject: Automated Copy Paste Subject: Copy/Paste Import/Export Data VBA Code On Apr 27, 10:49=A0am, Curt <C...@discussions.mi...

VBA
First let me send my thanks out to Pieter who has helped me a great deal on something else but that help has allowed me to get to this point, and Wolfgang who directed me to an MSDN site where I found the rest of what I needed for this one. Thanks to you all.. I have written the code below to run as a toggle from a command button and everything seems to work fine except displaying the changes to the properties of the commandbutton. Specifically the transparent property. The button should be transparent when the StartUp Options are set to secure the DB, and visible when the DB is unse...

Accessing Query Description thru VBA
Hi, I'm working on a procedure to 'package' a query to export it to a file, email it and allow the peson on the other end to import it. I want to be able to package the query description as well - and to write it on the other end - but for the life of me, I don't see how I can read/write the description (in the properties) of the query - can anyone put me on the right track? TIA If the query has a description, you can get at it like this: CurrentDb.QueryDefs("MyQuery").Properties("Description") If there is no description, this *should* yield e...

Outlook crashes
I have an end user who is working off of a new laptop running xp sp3 with office 2007, all fully patched. The server is exchange 2007 on windows 2008. This is the second laptop for him and it has been rebuilt from scratch once. Outlook regularly crashes for him when new mail arrives. The only thing he does different from other users in the environment is to use categories to organize his email. The event log is event 1000 and is a variation of this content - Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6514.5000, stamp 4a89dc70, faulting module mso.dll, version 12.0.6425....

Sharing VBA Code between Word and Access 2007
I want to share code (e.g., functions and programming notes to myself) between my Access and Word. How is that done? Not sure I'm following what you're after ... If you have code you've written in Access, referring to Access' features and functions, why would it work in Word, which has different features and functions? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. ...

Junk Senders crashes OL2003
When I go to junk senders options and go to the block senders list I crash. This started after I tried to load my junk senders.txt into the list. How can fix this? Don't import old lists of junk senders - use the filter set on high and add domains or addresses as needed. The junk senders lists are limited in the number of entries they can hold and importing a large list (generally over 500kb) created in an old version of outlook is too large. See if deleting the srs file for your profile helps, if not I think you'll need to delete the junk keys from the registry. Look for the srs ...

Frequent Money 2003 Crashes
Hi, I have Money 2003 Deluxe. Windows XP Home. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Money with no success. I have tried the salvage.exe program that I downloaded from microsoft with no success. I have also tried the auto salvage program within Money (msmoney -s) with no success. Here is what happens: I download updates from Ameritrade. I select the updates to view them and then I select "next" at this point, Money crashes and I get the XP dialog box to send/don't send an error report to Microsoft. This happens every time. Any advice on how to fix it? Thanks, Scott...

Merging worksheets with VBA Code -- HELP!
Hello I need help with using a VBA code to merge data from a range of worksheets in a workbook. I have several worksheets that are formatted the same except they may have a different amount of rows of data on each spreadsheet and they are named for each of my employees. When I run the Macro, it is giving me all of the details, columns and rows from the 1st sheet only, Sonia G then it only gives me the information in colums A, B, C, E, F, G, I from the other work sheets. However, all of the worksheets have information in columns A thru AA. I used the following code for a Summary She...

Accessing Emails when Windows crashes
Sorry if the answers to the following question is in this group but could not find when searching. Question: Is there a file I can burn to CD/DVD that will contain all my email history that I can then access when I reinstall windows given I cannot run windows due to unfixable errors. 1. My windows has crashed and I am having diffficulty in fixing the boot file using the recovery console. (error: unmountable boot volume and when I use the FIXBOOT MBR and CHKDSK /P or /R commands am told unfixable erros) 2. My harddrive was pretty much full to capacity prior to the crash so have not got room...

Notes Crash Outlook 2003
In searching for this problem I find a lot of hits on the web (back to 2000), but none here in this newsgroup. When I click on my Notes folder Outlook 2003 crashes everytime. I've tried the fix and repair, I renamed MSMAPI32.DLL to .OLD so Outlook would rebuild it, unloaded all the apps, nothing has worked. Has this problem ever been solved? Anything else that may be causing the problem? I've not tried it yet (although I may just to save the notes) but supposedly it will work if I boot to safe mode (which might mean there's a problem with the registry?). Thanks, Paul ...

Xcellery and VBA/Macros
I am interested in collaboration with Excel files. More specifically, I need to share an Excel file with other people. Data could be entered back and forth from a number of people. Instead of email files, etc., an online collaboration tool would be useful. I stumbled upon an Excel collaboration program called Xcellery (www.xcellery.com). This program seems to fit the bill. The only problem is that my current Excel file utilizes VBA code/macros. I noticed that the Xcellery protocol is to use one of their templates or import files from a local computer. The VBA editor is password protect...

EXCEL 2008 CRASHES
Excel keeps crashing. I have the latest Mac operating system OS X 10.5.<br> I have reinstalled Office. Does not help. No other programs crash, Word ect. are ok.<br> Bob <bobplame@officeformac.com> wrote: > Excel keeps crashing. I have the latest Mac operating system OS X 10.5. It does for me too when I copy from Excel or when I try to import .csv files. I fear it might be a bug and we'll have to wait for an update to see any improvement in this regard :-( Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org ...

Another Office Crashes
Here is my error report. I have gone through the fourms and none of the helps have allowed my office to start. I have tried two install disc. What does all of this mean? Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2008-02-13 23:35:17 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.0.0.071130 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00089ac7 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unknown B...

Media Sharing Dialog Crashes
I have a sneaking suspicion that WMC 3.0 (inside WMP11) is broken on my PC due to an accidental over-install of WMC 2. However, whilst the WMC 2 files are in the programs folder, and its icon is in the start menu, WMC fails to start when clicked. The Media Sharing dialog box (under Library in WMP11) will show when selected. However it lists no devices, and clicking "share" and then settings causes a crash in NTDLL.DLL that brings down WMP11. I've tried reinstalling WMP11, but that changes nothing. I can't do anything about WMC 2, because Add/Remove do...

Outlook 2002 keeps crashing in XP
Hi, We are running Outlook 2002 on XP and many of our users=20 are experiencing problems with outlook crashing for no=20 reason, there is no particular task that causes outlook=20 to close! I have applied SP=A3 as it metioned fixes for instability=20 but the problem still occurs! Has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve this? Cheers Neil Hi, I can report the same situation in the last week on all my fully patched OUTLOOK 2002 and XP installations. The lockup appears to happen in any folder with preview pane active and focus is on an email with an attachment of any type. Starting OU...

Range Problem in VBA
I currently have the following VBA code so that a calendar appears in cell HG: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Target.Address = "$H$6" Then Cancel = True Call OpenCalendar End If End Sub _____________________ This code works great and inserts the relevant date into the cell etc... Nonetheless, I want to ammend this code so that I can double click on any cell within the range H6:H1000 (as opposed to only Cell H6) and the calendar will pop up and the user can select a date and it will be entered into th...

Address book crashes Outlook
Hi all, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 on an XP machine. What happens is this: When I am in Outlook and looking at the Inbox, I can click on the Address Book icon and it opens normally. However, if I open a "New Mail" window and click on he "Address Book" icon next to the "To" field - outlook freezes. The same thing happens if I click on the "Address Book" icon next to the "To" field in a Reply. Here's what I have tried so far: I ran scanpst.exe on the pst file, no problems found, same problem continues. I uninstalled Outlook, the...

Excel crashes
We're running Excel 2003 with SP3 on Window XP sp3. I have a couple users experiencing frequent Excel crashes. One of them even got a report of Excel crashing when Excel wasn't even running. In both cases, when Excel is restrarted, it "recovers" files that they were not working on. Any clues? ~Jason Just a guess... Try changing the default printer to something else--even if you have to install a different printer driver for a printer that doesn't physically exist. I read somewhere that lots (most???) windows crashes are caused by bad printer driver...

How could I optimize this VBA project ?
Hi ! I have a little issue with a workbook : it takes wayyyy too long to update... So I have a sheet called "Map", where I must update comments on certain cells... the problem comes from the 2 For... Next statements that take a lot of time to process, because I have to activate 4 different sheets each time... I have about 150 system, and 12 planets for each, that's 1800 possibilities !!! Can I get the same result with another method ? I tought about create another sheet where I could retrieve all infos I need, but I can't figure out how to do this... Currently, I ha...

VBA & Outlook
I thought there used to be newsgroups dedicated to using VBA with Outlook. Where have they gone? What is now the recommended newsgroup for VBA/Outlook questions? MS is currently switching off the newsgroup server and moving MS groups to; http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories "Rod" <rodrodrodrod@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#gl7rdYBLHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I thought there used to be newsgroups dedicated to using VBA with Outlook. > Where have they gone? > > What is now the recommended newsgroup for VBA/Outloo...