Office X as the default address book / mail client

Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac
OS X system?  Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book"
button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the
freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar
functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in
entourage??

I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office
and would like to use them system wide on my mac.

--
v/r,

Joel S. Magsig
CPT, AV
U.S. Army

Joel.magsig@us.army.mil
Joel.magsig@mac.com

Hi

It depends on which version of MacOS you are using.  In most cases there is
an Internet control panel that lets you choose what applications to use for
internet browsing and email. Calendar events are handled by Entourage if it
is selected as the default email program.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <BB8AAB92.9BF%joel.magsig@us.army.mil>, "CPT Joel S. Magsig"
<joel.magsig@us.army.mil> wrote:

> Is there a way to make the office suite of products the default for the Mac
> OS X system?  Ie, when I use Safari and it has the "add to Address book"
> button and I click it it brings me to iAddress Book (or what ever the
> freebie mac address book program is called) same is true for the calendar
> functions. Can I get the mac interface buttons to take me to places in
> entourage??
>
> I'd bet I'm not the only guy that likes the integrated features of office
> and would like to use them system wide on my mac.
>
> --
> v/r,
>
> Joel S. Magsig
> CPT, AV
> U.S. Army
>
> Joel.magsig@us.army.mil
> Joel.magsig@mac.com

0
goldkey741 (69)

Why am I not recieving mail?
Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that sending is complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. "Laxxer14" wrote in message news:37BE1131-59C8-4DB1-B6EC-80880D397D3E@microsoft.com... > Every time i click the send/receive button it will always say that > sending is > complete but receiving is processing. It will come up with an error > 0x8004210A. I don't know what to do about this problem. Do not describe the error. Do not summarize the error. Do not ...

mail blocked?
Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. Any ideas as to why??????? Thanks No, any details on what mail client you are using and any error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Pat <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Yesterday I installed the 5 critical updates recommended | by microsoft. Now none of my e mail is getting through. | Any ideas as to why??????? | | Thanks ...

Roaming Office Errors for Network Users
We have had ongoing issues with Word and Excel, both v.X and 2004. In Word, the problem is usually a Disk Full error, with Excel it is usually a Document not Saved error when the user saves. Our users are network accounts on Xserves running 10.4.9 and clients are both PPC and X86 Macs, running 10.4.7 - 10.4.9. All user IDs are unique and managed via Open Directory. The problems arise typically after the user has been working with the file for some time. In the Word situation, the error pops up unexpectedly, while the Excel error only pops up on a save. In both cases, Word and Excel f...

Junk E-mail filtering on the client side
Hello, I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where the server is, they cannot delete the emails on the server, so I need to do this on each client. Is there a simple way of doing it? (We use Outlook 2003) Thank you. On 5/27/2005 9:27:38 AM, BullGates wrote: >Hello, > > I need to deploy on each users pc a filter that moves the email marked >in the header as "spam" to the Junk E-Mail folder. Due to policies where >the server is, they cannot delete the ...

how do i delet e-mails
how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it I think you are working in imap account click on edit and purge messages it should take care or it "day j" <day j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B617EB3A-24EB-4278-B635-80FCD61F2480@microsoft.com... > how do i delet e-mails i outlook 7 it just draws a line through it ...

Excel 97 to Excel XP (default margins)
I have excel files created in Excel 97. When I open this files wit Excel XP, the margins are not the sames. In Excel 97 are 0,0,0,0. In Excel Xp are 2.5,2,2.5,2 Can you help me? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a quick test and margins set at zero in Excel 97 stayed at zero in Excel 2002. Puzzled. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Could be a different printer driver from when the file was created in 97 vs now in XP? Or even a differ...

outlook vs oe default
ok, so I have outlook 2003 installed as my (admin user) default email. the other user (limited) uses oe, no problem. however, when other user attempts to right click pics to "send to mail receipient" it opens a outlook new message window and when send is clicked it never reaches its destination (presumably as outlook is not default client for this user) what to do? thanks and I forgot to mention (if I need to) that I cant change the oe for the limited user to default mail client since, I guess, the user is limited. the change doesnt take. if I were to change it by run...

Can't send mail after Win2003 SP1 ?
All- After some testing in our labs, we decided to upgrade all production Exchange 2003 servers to Windows Server 2003 SP1. The upgrade went OK, but we did notice one anomaly: Our users who connect via IMAP can no longer send messages. They get an NDR to the effect of " ... you cannot relay for this address" whenever they try to send to external addresses. However, all Outlook 2003 connected users can work just fine and send messages to anyone they want. We checked and re-checked the settings, but nothing seems to help. Anyone else seen this? Hints? Jake Update: To fur...

Computer Password Displays as Company Name on Startup Screen of Office Programs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I start up an office program (doesn't matter which one), the password that is set up for the computer account displays as the company name under the "This Product Licensed to:" line. I went into the Preferences of Word to delete the company name (which was the password) but it still displays. I also reinstalled Office to see if it would give me a chance to input the data, but it didn't...and the password still displays on start up. Does anyone know how I can change this so the log-on password is no...

Default Header & Footer?
Using XP, Office 2003 Without using a template, is it possible to, every time, open a new workbook with say filename and date in the footer? If not, will this be possible in Vista/Office2007? Start a new workbook. Set up everything you want--headers/footers/layout... Save it as book.xlt in your XLStart folder. Then excel will use that when you create a new workbook by clicking on the new icon on the standard toolbar. If you want the same thing when you add a new worksheet to an existing workbook, save another workbook (probably a single sheet???) in that same XLStart folder--but name it...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

Exchange 5.5
We've got an exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain, when i create a new distribution group in Exchange Administrator it appears in the recipients section but not in the global address list (i've checked its not set to be hidden) however if i creat a new user they do appear in the global address list Anyone got any ideas??? Regards Paul ...

USB 3.0 Client Driver
Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? Thanks, Harry Harry Graham <HarryGraham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Are there any changes to a client USB driver required to support 5 Gigabit >data transfers for USB 3.0 compliant hardware? To a certain extent, we don't know. Microsoft does not yet support USB 3.0, so we don't have a "certified" host controller driver to use as a basis. The fundamental philosophies won't change, but there will certainly...

Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail - Contacts - Backup - under Windows 7 Formerly with Outlook Express I used backup software to make a copy of the Windows Address Book and save to my backup media. I was hoping to do something similar after moving to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (WLM). So far I've had little success in finding the folder/file where WLM keeps the contacts in Windows 7. I know I could export to a CSV file each time I do a backup, but boy what a pain that would be. Can someone provide a pointer to info on where the file(s) is/are located? (it would be a bonus if the...

Not even Office Live Using Document Connection
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3331376369_11931625 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit While others are saying they can use the SP2 version of Document Connection to Office Live but not Sharepoint I can�t even get connected to my Office Live Workspace which I have been using via the browser for a long time. I can't add my Office LIve Workspace location to Document Connection. The gear just spins and what�s almost as bad it...

Office 2004 update 11.3.9 weirdness
Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 In article <1194878374.217619.309200@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com>, pattigibbons@nycap.rr.com wrote: > Installed Office 2004 update 11.3.9 when microsoft auto update pushed > it down this morning. Any idea why it changed the name of my hard > drive to "v bc"? Any idea what to do about that? > > mac book pro, OSX 10.4.10 The Office updat...

Windows Mail
I do not know how to set up windows mail. I have Windows Vista. My home page is Charter.net. & I also receive my e-mails from there also. Would like to be able to us Windos Mail also. Would you be kind enough to e-mail me on how to set this up? Thanks jtr4557@charter.net Jim Rogers Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish Adding a New Charter Account in Windows Vista Mail http://www.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1781 -- ...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

Russian menu for Office mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to enable Russian menu and toolbars for Office mac. When i choised Russian in Language dialog, i got message "install russian proofing tools". How can i get this tools? Mac Office doesn't have native language menus & toolbars for anything other than the language version you purchase. If you want Russian menus, etc. you need to purchase the Russian version [I'm pretty sure there is one.]. Also, I don't believe Russian proofing tools are included with the English version of Mac Office. There...

run client program when the system is on
Dear I have no more knowledge about VC.......I did a client-server programming by using Dialog based application.. ....It is working very well..But I need to run client part when the system is on........That i want to run client as service.... But I dont know about the coding of service.Sir,plz help me.....If there is any code to help run as service.I got some code.But I dont know how to use in my project. Rewrite it so it has absolutely no GUI component at all, and conforms to the protocols for being a service. A dialog-based app is remarkably ill-suited for being a service. Fundamentally,...

Out of office #19
MS OFFICE 2000 SR Pro How do I set up an "Out of office"message on Outlook 2000? All info please! If you don't connect to an Exchange server, there is no automatic out of office autoreply. You'd have to spoof it with rules, and note that this means leaving Outlook open, and connected to the internet, for the duration of your absence. See http://www.slipstick.com/rules/index.htm for help. Also see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=196718 - it explains how to set up a template so that autoreply fires only once per sender (as Out of Office does) to avoid mail loops. Spence ...

Adding an Active X control to a cell
I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it fits over the top of the cell seems to be a rather inaccurate method of doing it. Hold down alt while you place it in the cell and it will fit the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick" <rstenson@qualnetics.com> wrote in message news:317AA5B4-7970-45B2-8497-556670E48018@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it f...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

Long URL hard wrap in plain text e-mails in Outlook 2003
When I send an plain text e-mail in Outlook 2003 containing a long URL (beyond 76 characters), this breaks the long URL where users cannot click on the complete URL. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 I could change the plain text to Quote Printable to avoid this issue. How can I do this in Outlook 2003? I do not want to change the text format from plain text to HTML or Rich Text, I need to use plain text. Thanks. I found my answer and this solves the problem for me in Outlook 2003: Line Wrapping Does Not Appear As Expected When You Send E-Mail Messages in Outlook 2003 http://support.microsoft.c...

Don't chart X-axis without values.
On a line chart I am plotting two individual columns and then SUM(ming) these two for a total. Future dates of the individual columns have no data BUT the formula for SUM(ming) the two results in zero (0) which is plotted on my chart. I've tried a number of approches to the formula, blank (""), and Null (which results in a string and causes an error. How can I leave my formula in the future dates and not effect my chart. Obviously, with moving from 300k to zero in one week is scary. Thanks, Hank Hank - Excel can't return a NULL or BLANK from a function (not t...