Office V.X update

I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I
can't open any office programs without providing a CD key.  There was
no warning about needing a CD key to install an update.  Problem
is....I don't have one.  Is there any way to find the CD key on the
computer? Please help if you can.....I use office daily and now I have
a major problem on my hands... :(
Thanks!

0
rainlya (4)

In article <1139362727.012355.289690@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 rainlya@gmail.com wrote:

> I downloaded and installed a office v.x security update today and now I
> can't open any office programs without providing a CD key.  There was
> no warning about needing a CD key to install an update.  Problem
> is....I don't have one.  Is there any way to find the CD key on the
> computer? Please help if you can.....I use office daily and now I have
> a major problem on my hands... :(

How did you get Office in the first place?

Updates often disable known pirated/widely distributed keys. If you
*had* a key it will be on your CD package. If you no longer have that,
you can try following the process here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326246/en-us

If you never had a key, you'll need to buy a copy of Office.

Obviously, if you got Office through your school or work, you should go
back to your IT department.

You should be able to remove (using the Remove Office application on the
install disk) and reinstall Office to your previous version and continue
to use it.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/8/2006 3:37:45 PM
Thank you.  I bought my powerbook used and office was pre-installed.  I
contacted the original owner but he couldnt help me.  I went ahead and
ordered the student version of office which will be here in a few days.
 I did install the office 2004 trial which will work for me until I get
my copy.  Not sure how to uninstall my v.x though...it doesn't have an
uninstall option in the folder.

0
rainlya (4)
2/8/2006 9:29:49 PM
Thank you.  I bought my powerbook used and office was pre-installed.  I
contacted the original owner but he couldnt help me.  I went ahead and
ordered the student version of office which will be here in a few days.
 I did install the office 2004 trial which will work for me until I get
my copy.  Not sure how to uninstall my v.x though...it doesn't have an
uninstall option in the folder.

0
rainlya (4)
2/8/2006 9:29:52 PM
In article <1139434192.118909.225040@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "rainlya" <rainlya@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you.  I bought my powerbook used and office was pre-installed.  I
> contacted the original owner but he couldnt help me.  I went ahead and
> ordered the student version of office which will be here in a few days.
>  I did install the office 2004 trial which will work for me until I get
> my copy.  Not sure how to uninstall my v.x though...it doesn't have an
> uninstall option in the folder.

There will be a Remove Office application on the Office 2004 Student
Edition disk, in the

    Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tools:Remove Office:

folder. Use it to remove the other versions before installing your new
2004 version.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
2/8/2006 11:44:18 PM
On 9/2/06 10:44 AM, in article
jemcgimpsey-D6F768.16441708022006@msnews.microsoft.com, "JE McGimpsey"
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

> In article <1139434192.118909.225040@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
>  "rainlya" <rainlya@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thank you.  I bought my powerbook used and office was pre-installed.  I
>> contacted the original owner but he couldnt help me.  I went ahead and
>> ordered the student version of office which will be here in a few days.
>>  I did install the office 2004 trial which will work for me until I get
>> my copy.  Not sure how to uninstall my v.x though...it doesn't have an
>> uninstall option in the folder.
>
> There will be a Remove Office application on the Office 2004 Student
> Edition disk, in the
>
>     Microsoft Office 2004:Additional Tools:Remove Office:
>
> folder. Use it to remove the other versions before installing your new
> 2004 version.

And empty the Trash too before installing the new version (I know JE will
correct me if this is no longer necessary; I'm prompted by the fact that
Unix/OSX is aware of what's in the Trash.)

Cheers,

Clive Huggan
============

Thanks everyone for all the help!  :)

0
rainlya (4)

When to use .Edit & .Update
I am trying to update a field on a form. My old code: Me.ProjectNameShort = Trim(Me.ProjectNameShort) worked in ACC2003, but threw edit, update ... error when used after going to ACC2007. So I am trying to use a .edit and .update method. This is what I have so far, but this updates the first record, not the one that is on the form. Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tbl_Projects") 'Add date/time stamp for DateUpdated With rs .Edit !DateUpdated...

Microsoft Update browser detection error
I go through once a month and touch workstations used by volunteers. I manually install Windows updates and other updates and a general operation check. Upon inspection this month, one workstation I launched MU and a window came up stating that MU only works with IE5 or later. This workstation had IE7 installed. I thought the easiest and quickest fix would be to update to IE8, which I did. But manually launching MU after gave me the same display page, that IE5 or later must be used. So when the WU shield came up, I downloaded and installed the updates that way, but I'm...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

To view GAL in Head office exchange
Hi all, We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. Regional offices have Exchange 2003 as well as Head office and are link through VPN. Appreciate all help Thank you !! =?Utf-8?B?Um95IFN0b24=?= <RoySton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1AC2966D-4656-43FB-8B3E-191EFD856EF0@microsoft.com: > We have 2 regional offices and a Head office, I would like to allow the > users from regional offices to view the Head office GAL, is it possible. > > Regional offices h...

updating concurrent data on a worksheet and adding new row
Hi. I would like to log dates and data (eg temp). I have several functions I am doing on the row of data and wish to update daily and add a new entry while shifting down the previous entry (the whole row) for some delta comparisons. I wish to log 365 days. I am a bit confused how to approach this and of the right terms to use or search for and have come to you for some clues. I wish to do all this in Excel without an external Database. Thank you. NB Suppose your first row has labels like "Date", "Temperature", "Humidify", etc You can type the d...

Moving rows from one sheet to another based on a particular cell v
Here's what i am trying to do - Create a status report of multiple worksheets. The first sheet will include all items in an "open Status" - Status column. I would like to have seperate reports for deferred, closed and pending. When I change a status on the first sheet to closed. Is it possible to have the entire row moved to the closed report worksheet. I am not great at this so if this is possible - i'll need some step by step help. ...

Outlook 2007 and Office XP
Can I use Outlook 2007 and retain Office XP - users in the office do not want to learn Word 2007? Yes, but you will lose all Office automation, like Send To from Office, = mail merges, etc. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Phil Erlich asked: | Can I use Outlook 2007 and retain Office XP - users in the office do | not want to learn Word 2007? ...

How do I turn on Excel Autosave in Office XP?
Craig There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job. To download the 97 version go here..... http://www.stat.jmu.edu/trep/Marchat/sp2001/Library.htm I...

Out of office reply #5
I have outlook 2002 but I appear not to have out of office reply available to me. I have discovered you need Microsoft Exchange that has an auto reply wizard. I am having the same problem. In Outlook you have to creat rules. If you determine how to write a rule to notify senders that you are Out of the Office, would you please share it with me. Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >I have outlook 2002 but I appear not to have out of office >reply available to me. >. > ...

Send button not showing after updating to SP3
I have updated the office 2002's .msi file with SP3 for network distribution. After redeploying the updated file I few users do not have a send button when the try to send a message. I have tried to delete their accounts and set them up form scratch with no luck. My only work around was to install office from CD. I need to resolve this problem. The installation from the network is a great tool. Thanks DG ...

Xml and unicode values with &#x...
Hello! I like to use the XmlTextWriter to write some SVG files. But in some cases, I need the '&' as '&' and not as &amp;. Example: <glyph unicode=3D"&#x4c;"/> Some code-snippet: XmlDocument ^ doc =3D gcnew XmlDocument(); .... XmlAttribute ^ a =3D doc->CreateAttribute("unicode"); a1->Value =3D ??? - what to write here? ... Stream ^ fs =3D gcnew FileStream(filename, FileMode::Create); ... XmlWriter^ writer =3D gcnew XmlTextWriter(fs, gcnew UTF8Encoding); = How can I force to write the att...

The dates on the category (X) axis label do not match data?
I have a chart that pulls dollars in sales and charts it by date. The dates are off in the charts by a few days. What am I doing wrong? check first in <Chart><Source data><series> and check that your X and y data has the appropriate staring points. also if the dates on the chart are tilted, it may just look like they are not on the correct spot. Double click on the axis and set the alignment to 90 degrees. "TKGerdie" wrote: > I have a chart that pulls dollars in sales and charts it by date. The dates > are off in the charts by a few days. What am...

How can I convert seconds into minutes? (mm:ss -> min.x)
Hello, I have several telephone numbers from different providers. The statistics from most of all are in minutes (eg: 137.83) But one of them is in mm:ss format. I need to convert mm:ss to min.x. As an example: The total is 630:15 I need to convert this to 630.25 Or 155:50 to 155.83 Many thanks in advance. Just multiply by 24 and format as 0.00 -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Capss" <Capss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E9C2709-B7C7-4A0C-B224-0821C894C4BB@microsoft.com... > He...

Microsoft Office Connector to MSN
I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have Microsoft Outlook. Therefore, I cannot install the Microsoft Office Connector to MSN. I have Outlook Express and it's working fine. Do I "NOW" need to go buy Microsoft Outlook? Doesn't it come with XP or Works? Microsoft won't tell me anything without me giving them more money. Donna <holyjuicer219@msn.com> wrote: > I am so very confused. I purchased Windows XP Home > Edition and Microsoft Works 7.0 and I still do not have > Microsoft Outlook....

Urgent! Help Needed To Install Office 2008 on MacBook Air
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel This morning I was told to install MS Office for Mac 2008 on my bosses MBA. We have a multi license package and the disk for his computer is off site. I used a disk that has been installed on another computer thinking that I could at least get it installed and enter the correct product key later. The installer kept stalling out and crashing so I put the folder it had installed into the trash bin and emptied it. I now have the correct product key and I can't get to the installer screen that has the input prompt for t...

Is it correct that an 81/2 x 14 tent card fold newsletter prints .
I want to make a newsletter on legal size paper. I want it to fold like a "tent card" and give me a page one (and page four) size that is 81/2' wide and 7" long. Then the inside, pages two and three I want to actually do as one 8 1/2 x 14 page. When I start to set this up, the newsletter from a template prints pages 1 and 2 together, head to head at the center and pages 3 and 4 on the other sheet also head to head. Is that right? Am I wanting to do something weird? Try selecting Booklet as your layout. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:43:06 -0700, eyedoc <eyedoc@discuss...

Update Query
I have three tables: tblVendors, tblForecast and tblTemp tblTemp VENDOR_NAME, SERVICESUITE_NAME, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, REGION_NAME tblForecast VENDOR_ID, FHIST, SERVICESUITE_ID, REGION_NAME, Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4 tblVendors VENDOR_ID, VENDOR_NAME, VENDOR_DESC, REGION_NAME I am trying to populate (append) records into the tblForecast from tblTemp by matching VENDOR_NAME in tblVendors with the VENDOR_NAME in tblTemp. If a match occurs I want to write the entire tblTemp record to the tblForecast and add the VENDOR_ID from tblVendors to tblForecast. PK in tblVendors = [VENDOR_ID] PKin tblForecast =...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Problem updating references on a chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs. Each tab has a 6 month audit score that looks like this: MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab. What I am trying to do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to the left, then add a SEP score. The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR MAY JUN JUL & AUG. I can't get it to automatically add SEP. I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it for 50 ...

how do i veiw a calender from outlook on office live?
i am trying to share calenders. the help said i could veiw mine and others calenders online at microsoft office. ...

Is your microsoft office outlook download update looping?
-- PackersFAN In article <3F7B4D82-187F-4022-BF52-C085A98CF410@microsoft.com>, lambeau@discussions.microsoft.com says... > If you're talking about the outlook (hotmail) connector - yep - that's what it does for several of us it seems. Use this link: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e- 41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en Or if you cannot unwrap, get the link is connected to from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx -- Duncan. Yes, I am experiencing same thing. "...

Upgrading Microsoft Office when switching to OSX
I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 in 9.x. Do I have to buy new software to have the version of Office that is compatible with OSX or can I download an upgrade? You can run Office 2001 inside Classic in OS X, or you can purchase Office X or Office 2004 as OS X-native programs. Office 2004 is the latest version. Owning Office 2001 qualifies you for the discount on an upgrade copy, but not for a free new version. On 3/8/05 8:02 PM, "anonymous" wrote: > I recently upgraded my Mac from 9.x to OSX. I was running Office 2001 > in 9.x. Do I ...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

Updating a table from Form Entry
I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form. The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank, when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote table will update BEFORE the report prints? Larry -- Neve...

Can not install Office Ultimate 2007 because of a setup error mess
Hello group, I have a desktop with no Office Suite which I built with Windows XP Pro SP2 (Version 2002), from a WGA Kit. I ordered the back-up discs (2 pcs) Office Ultimate 2007 from digital river.com store and tried installing in this machine but I get this message: "Setup error: The language of this installation package is not supported by your system." I tried it on the 2nd DVD drive of the same machine but same result. I tried installing the Office software in a Sony Vaio laptop and it seems it will install properly and I discontinued the setup. Any information/ass...