Office v.x Test Drive Timed Out After Two Weeks

I bought my wife a Macintosh G4 tower.  I purchased Office
v.x at the same time, but UPS delivered the Office package
separately.  We found the test drive software on the hard
drive and used it while waiting for the Office software.
I was waiting for a friend to come back from vacation to
get help exporting e-mail from Entourage so I could
uninstall the test drive and install the real software.
Something happened--my guess is it was configuring the
system to use local time (it defaulted to Pacific)--that
caused the test drive to suddenly stop working.  Is there
some way to get the e-mail my wife had on the system (an
analog to the PST file?), or is all that e-mail lost?  Can
I access the e-mail through the mail program?

Phil Adams

How to get USB drive real serial number without WMI?
Hi all, i'd like to know how to get the serial number of a USB drive without using WMI. Possibly the one that doesn't change when you format your drive. Thanks in advance As far as I know you can't... you have to use WMI. David ====================================== David McCarter [Microsoft MVP] www.dotNetTips.com David McCarter''''s .NET Coding Standards available at: http://codingstandards.notlong.com "star-italia" wrote: > Hi all, i'd like to know how to get the serial number of a USB drive without using WMI. > Possi...

query on records based on time interval
If I have a table something like this:startdate | stime | endate | etime | tool3/3/07 | 8:47 | 3/4/07 | 00:30 | A3/4/07 | 3:57 | 3/4/07 |4:30 | B3/4/07 |8:21 | 3/4/07 |9:20 | CCurrently I have a form which use to open dailyrecord.I have one textbox([date]) for enter date and a button to view.Is it possible when I wan to open a new form with all the records on3/4/07it will only give me the records from 3/3/07 7:00 till 3/4/07 7:00(thus, only show tool A and tool B)my currently event procedure for the button is below:Dim strSQL As StringDim strWhere As StringIf Not I...

Office for MAC
I have a MAC too and I have installed Office 2008. I would like to know if it's possible, as Technet subscriber, to download the last beta of Office 2011 for MAC. Thanks. Vincenzo Huh? Well, if you're a subscriber, have you logged on to your Technet account to see if it's available? "vinsoft" <vinsoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:353A7303-CADD-40AF-86D1-178CD516126D@microsoft.com... :I have a MAC too and I have installed Office 2008. : I would like to know if it's possible, as Technet subscriber, to download : the last beta...

Office Windows not visible
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have just installed the 2008 version but it was happening in my 2004 version too. When i open a document it doesn't show up / you can't see it. it is listed under 'window' as being open have to click click click around and don't even know what i last clicked on to get it to randomly appear, if at all.... in the 2004 version when it started doing it, i could go to 'window' and click 'bring all to front' but it doesn't work in 2008. its driving me nuts! any ideas what is happe...

Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database
Hi, I have been tasked with Importing MS Office Excel Comma Separated Values Files into a MS Access 2003 database. These files were exported from a DB2 database.I have also been given the DDL code. I have Googled a solution to this task and have tried creating these tables using the DDL code in a query within a blank MS Access database. Is there a more expedient way to achieve this? I noticed, for example, that a field in DB2 has a data type of "decimal" while the same field in MS Access 2003 would have the data type of "number". Thanks, Zuf What follows i...

Change Time in a Cell from [hh]:mm to decimal value ie 16:45
Here lies the problem. I'm cheap, I want to be paid for every minute that I work, I do the time cards for work and I'm using Excel to perform the functions. I have no problem with adding and subtracting the times in single cells or totalling all of the time. If I come up with a person having 47 hours and 13 minutes how do I get Excel to convert 47:13 to 47.22 so that I can then multiply the 40 by hourly rate and the 7.22 by 1.5 the hourly rate ? -- Thank You, God Speed, and Semper Fidelis Hi! This all depends on how you have things setup. To convert 47:13 to 47.22 just mu...

One Exchange server handling two forests
Hi, I currently have an AD forest (say xyz.com) that has and Exchange 2003 server installed. We have just inherited another domain (abc.com) and they would like to have Exchange functionality also. Is there any possibility of using the Exchange server in the xyz.com domain? Thanks for your help in advance. Greg On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:47:02 -0800, Greg Edmonds <GregEdmonds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I currently have an AD forest (say xyz.com) that has and Exchange 2003 >server installed. We have just inherited another domain (abc.com) and they >w...

Macro for Print page 1 thru x
can i write a macro to print page 1 thru x, with the x as a cell value for the user to input....for example some people want to print 1 thru 3, 1 thru 6, 1 thru 9....i just want them to key the 3 or 6 or 9 or whatever and the print macro refers to it. thanks for any help you can provide. t Two examples to get you started... and an alternative. Macro 1 will use the value stored in Sheet 1. No matter which sheet the use has opened. Macro 2 will use the value stored in A1 in whatever sheet happens to be active at the time. Sub Macro1() Dim xPages xPages = Worksheets("Sheet1")....

get the text string appear the most times !
Hi, all ! Sorry abt posting this question many time, but I think I gave a hard understanding question before. In my report, I need to get the value of a group of records that appear the most times. For example: I have a text "Sushi" appears in my report 10 times, "Nobashi" appears 20 times, "shrimp" 5 times ---> my desire that is a textbox show "Nobashi" as result. Hope this way is easer to understand my problem. Any suggestion for this ? Thanks with appreciated of all ur time. Luan. ...

Two excel instances ?
Hi, is it normal behaviour of excel to open two (or more) its instances when operating on large files (say ~90MB each) ? I had this question because one of my friends was wondering why his excel started up twice when he tried to open a couple of big xls files. I mean why doesn't it handle this kind of task internally opening another workbook ? I'm relating to excel from MSO2000 if it's important. Regards - PeDe Are you sure it is really two instances of Excel, and not just two icons on the TaskBar? Go to the Tools menu, choose Options, then the View menu. There, uncheck th...

OFFICE 2007
I ASKED HELP RESOLVING GRAY OUT DICTIONARY IN SPELL CHECK BUT FOUND SOLUTION FROM PREVIOUS POST. THANKS -- Marc ...

Common Office Platform
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there a common office platform for both Windows 7 and Mac OS 10? If not, when will there be one? What do you mean "common platform"? If you mean will the same product you buy work on either operating systems ... AFAIK there is not and I doubt there ever will be. From the screen shots about Mac Office 2011 (or whatever it's called) it looks like the next version of Office will look more like Office 2007 and 2010--both of which are for Windows (not limited to Windows 7 AFAIK). ...

Time Format
-53323.9904390046 Hi can you please help me how to change this to time format HH:MM:YY AM/PM What Date/Time should that value actually be? "Dinesh" wrote: > -53323.9904390046 > > Hi can you please help me how to change this to time format > > HH:MM:YY AM/PM ...

Office 2007 SP2 ADM files download are the German files
When I try to download the latest Office 2007 ADM files on MS or in Technet it's in German. Anyone got a 3rd party link they know is in English? ...

a test
test DO NOT SPAM ...

Calculate times between dates and times in Excel
How can I calculate the time in minutes between 2 events with format (date,hour) or format date in a cell and time in another cell, without weekends and holidays, for employees with 8 hours/day. It depends what you mean by "format (date,hour)". If they are true Excel date/time cells, use: =(a2-a1)*24*60 Format as a number If they are not date cells, give us a sample of what they look like. Regards, Fred "Helio" <Helio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBCA6451-CFBE-44BF-AE5A-2E68B201003A@microsoft.com... > How can I calculate t...

test #27

Sent items
When I send an email and check my "Sent Items" folder it shows that it was sent 1 hour earlier. Like outlook does not recognize day light savings??? What's the deal? Do your Daylight Savings Time options match between Outlook Calendar and WIndows System TIme? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brian Prewitt (STA) asked: | When I send ...

how do i import multiple data sets at one time?
I'm importing a bunch of data and I'm using the import external data command in the data menu. I click on my file and choose delimited and then add a space in the next screen. It turns out to be two columns of data. I do this 10 times and was wondering if there is a way to import all the data at one time to simply save time. If anyone out there has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Thanks in advance. Assuuming that the files are all of the same two-column format, in a DOS Command Prompt window: Copy File1.txt + File2.txt + File3.txt + File4.txt + File5.txt File2Import.tx...

Current Time #2
I am trying to have the current date show up in a cell. How do I achieve this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =today() "CMarkou >" <<CMarkou.zh63f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:CMarkou.zh63f@excelforum-nospam.com... > I am trying to have the current date show up in a cell. How do I achieve > this? > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > Got it never mind! :) --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =now() format the cell setting to TIME "CMarkou >" <<CMar...

Mail merge times; How not to show seconds please? #2
I have a spreadsheet being used for mail-merge to Word letters, which includes times for appointments. In the s'sheet the formatting is for hh:mm but on merging the seconds also show and this is not required. I'd like to know the easiest way of merging to show only the hour & minutes. Is there a formula to convert or remove the seconds values please? I'd rather not have to manually enter another column of "text" formatted times if there is another way that anyone can help me with please? Thanks a lot. Hi Gill, I see you expected an answer within an hour. Please ...

two users, one email account
Windows XP Home and Outlook 2003 I have set up two Windows user accounts. I want both to be able to use exactly the same email account in Outlook - see the same read/unread/sent messages, etc. Can I do this, and if so, how? Stephen <none> wrote: > I have set up two Windows user accounts. I want both to be able to use > exactly the same email account in Outlook - see the same > read/unread/sent messages, etc. Can I do this, and if so, how? Add a mail profile for each user in Control panel, and when you add the Personal Folders service, point each profile to the same PST. T...

Countif function with two ranges, possible?
Hi, I'm trying to use the COUNTIF function to count the number of cells that have a value >= 1. The problem is that the cells I have are split into two ranges: =COUNTIF(AU3:BA3:BK3:BM3,">=1") does not work. Does anyone know how I should re-write the formula (or use another one)? Range 1: AU3:BA3 Range 2: BK3:BM3 Thanks in advance. This forum is usually great. /Daniel Just can add them yourself: =countif(au3:ba3,">="&1) + countif(bk3:bm3,">="&1) bash wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm trying to use the COUNTIF function to cou...

play a movie that is on hard drive, NOT a separate DVD
I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them? Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the harddrive. I have Vista. Locate the file,R.click on it,create a shortcut,move to desktop,R.click on it, select "open with",select WMP..Also,in WMP,open tools,options,locate file types tab,select all. "CWE" wrote: > I've downloaded some of my movies onto my harddrive (C); how do I play them? > Media Player only seems to want DVDs, recorded TV, etc., but nothing from the > harddrive...

Windows installer runs when opening Office 2003
I have both Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on my XP Pro machine. Office 2007 is working just fine, but in the past month or so I see the Windows Installer preparing to install message every time I start Word, Excel, Access, or Publishing 2003. All four programs open after a minute or so; in Word I get an error message: "An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Please run setup and select Repair." The other three programs do not display such a message. I have not installed Powerpoint 2003. I have tried running Setup from my Office 2...