Office v.X, Eudora 6, Send To Mail Recipient

This has likely been discussed in the past but extensive searching on
Google and on the MS Knowledgebase hasn't revealed it.

Despite it being possible on OS 9 in both Office 98 and Office 2001, I
find that Office v.X on OS X does not treat Eudora 6 as a compatible
email client for using File > Send To > Mail Recipient. It will work
with other mail clients however, such as OS X Mail. When trying to
select Eudora 6 the menu option will be greyed out.

Is there a solution to this? Can Eudora 6 actually be used?
0
deetect (4)

Gregg Wanciak <deetect@yahoo.com> wrote:

        Hi Gregg,

> Despite it being possible on OS 9 in both Office 98 and Office 2001, I
> find that Office v.X on OS X does not treat Eudora 6 as a compatible
> email client for using File > Send To > Mail Recipient. It will work
> with other mail clients however, such as OS X Mail. When trying to
> select Eudora 6 the menu option will be greyed out.
>
> Is there a solution to this? Can Eudora 6 actually be used?

 Ijust gave it a try and I had no problem. I suspect Eudora is not
properly specified as your default e-mail client. You can specify the
default e-mail client in the Internet PrefPane in MacOS X before 10.3
and in the Mail app preferences in 10.3.

It shoudl do the trick, (hopefully),

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org (Corentin Cras-M�neur  [MVP]) wrote in message news:<1g89w9p.1egpvm4isat30N%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org>...
> Gregg Wanciak <deetect@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>         Hi Gregg,
>

> > Despite it being possible on OS 9 in both Office 98 and Office 2001, I
> > find that Office v.X on OS X does not treat Eudora 6 as a compatible
> > email client for using File > Send To > Mail Recipient. It will work
> > with other mail clients however, such as OS X Mail. When trying to
> > select Eudora 6 the menu option will be greyed out.
> >
> > Is there a solution to this? Can Eudora 6 actually be used?
>

>  Ijust gave it a try and I had no problem. I suspect Eudora is not
> properly specified as your default e-mail client. You can specify the
> default e-mail client in the Internet PrefPane in MacOS X before 10.3
> and in the Mail app preferences in 10.3.
>
> It shoudl do the trick, (hopefully),
>

>         Corentin

Hmm, I set Eudora as the default app in the Internet Preferences.
Switching which email client was the default in Internet Preferences
was how I determined that the Send To Mail Recipient feature would
work at all. I'll go back and have another look at my friend's
computer tomorrow.
0
deetect (4)
1/29/2004 12:51:52 AM
> >  Ijust gave it a try and I had no problem. I suspect Eudora is not
> > properly specified as your default e-mail client. You can specify the
> > default e-mail client in the Internet PrefPane in MacOS X before 10.3
> > and in the Mail app preferences in 10.3.
> >
> > It shoudl do the trick, (hopefully),
> >

> >         Corentin
>
> Hmm, I set Eudora as the default app in the Internet Preferences.
> Switching which email client was the default in Internet Preferences
> was how I determined that the Send To Mail Recipient feature would
> work at all. I'll go back and have another look at my friend's
> computer tomorrow.

I've been looking through the preferences in the Mail app. I just
don't see anything relating to setting a default email client. Can you
tell me where, specifically, that setting is? Thanks.
0
deetect (4)
1/29/2004 12:27:53 PM
>>>  .../... You can specify the default e-mail client
>>> in the Internet PrefPane in MacOS X before 10.3
>>> and in the Mail app preferences in 10.3.
>>
>> Hmm, I set Eudora as the default app in the Internet
>> Preferences. Switching which email client was the
>> default in Internet Preferences was how I determined
>> that the Send To Mail Recipient feature would work at
>> all. I'll go back and have another look at my friend's
>> computer tomorrow.
>
> I've been looking through the preferences in the Mail
> app. I just don't see anything relating to setting a
> default email client. Can you tell me where,
> specifically, that setting is? Thanks.

Which version of Mac OS X are you running? It's not too
clear form the above if it's 10.2.x (your first reply
seems to mention the "Internet" pref pane) or 10.3.x (your
second reply mentions the Mail.app, where it has to be set
in 10.3.x).

--
Bernard Rey - Toulouse
0
Gregg Wanciak <deetect@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I've been looking through the preferences in the Mail app. I just
> don't see anything relating to setting a default email client. Can you
> tell me where, specifically, that setting is? Thanks.

Is the Mac in MacOS X 10.3 ?? Otherwise, as Bernard and I mentioned, you
need to look in the Interent PrefPane.

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
                     MVPs.org: http://www.mvps.org/
Retirez NoSpam de mon adresse pour m'�crire/Remove NoSpam to e-mail me
0
korventeen (753)
1/29/2004 9:42:53 PM
"Bernard Rey" <b.rey@DontSpamMe.mvps.org> wrote in message news:<61b101c3e674$ef71bff0$a301280a@phx.gbl>...

> >> Hmm, I set Eudora as the default app in the Internet
> >> Preferences. Switching which email client was the
> >> default in Internet Preferences was how I determined
> >> that the Send To Mail Recipient feature would work at
> >> all. I'll go back and have another look at my friend's
> >> computer tomorrow.
> >
> > I've been looking through the preferences in the Mail
> > app. I just don't see anything relating to setting a
> > default email client. Can you tell me where,
> > specifically, that setting is? Thanks.
>
> Which version of Mac OS X are you running? It's not too
> clear form the above if it's 10.2.x (your first reply
> seems to mention the "Internet" pref pane) or 10.3.x (your
> second reply mentions the Mail.app, where it has to be set
> in 10.3.x).

Another look at my friend's eMac revealed they were running 10.2.8
with an older version of Mail.app. Thus, the only way I could find to
choose the default email client was in the Internet Preferences.
Selecting anything other than Eudora 6, such as Mail.app or Entourage
will activate the feature in Office v.X to allow to Send to a Mail
Recipient. Selecting Eudora 6 grey's out that option. So now I'm
wondering if there's a preference file or plist that should be trashed
in order to get Office to accept Eudora 6 as well.
0
deetect (4)
1/29/2004 9:46:47 PM
Gregg Wanciak <deetect@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Another look at my friend's eMac revealed they were running 10.2.8
> with an older version of Mail.app. Thus, the only way I could find to
> choose the default email client was in the Internet Preferences.

Yep, that's the way to go.

> Selecting anything other than Eudora 6, such as Mail.app or Entourage
> will activate the feature in Office v.X to allow to Send to a Mail
> Recipient. Selecting Eudora 6 grey's out that option.

Really weird.... It could be an issue with the Internet Config database.
You can try setting up the e-mail client default option through a
freeware like IC-Switch.

http://flip.macrobyte.net/software/ic-switch_en

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
              (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
                     MVPs.org: http://www.mvps.org/
Retirez NoSpam de mon adresse pour m'�crire/Remove NoSpam to e-mail me
0
korventeen (753)

change outlook to only beep for inbox mail (not filtered mail)
I get alot of mail from lists etc and have outlook (2003) setup to move those list emails to folders and skip the inbox. I check on those lists when i need to but things that come to my inbox are usually things i need to know about right away. It is distracting to hear the beep or see the envelope icon when its one of the list emails. That said, it is really useful to hear the beep or see the icon when the email is just things in the inbox. So, is there a way to limit the various notifications to sound off *only* for inbox items? Any help/suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated! Cheers ...

Sending email with a set subject from a specific mailbox
Hi, Thanks a lot in advance for reading and any sort of help on this. I have several mailboxs in outlook and when I send an email I set the "From" field to one of these mailboxes. For a particular one of these mailboxes, I have to make sure the subject line contains this text: "Category/Cat=E9gorie : PROTECTED A/PROT=C9G=C9 A" for all new and reply messages for that particular mailbox. Is there anyway to check for this (rules/macro/any other way) and if it is not there add it to the subject line before sending it out? Any help or direction is highly appreciated. Thanks,...

Custom X-Axis Scale for Chart
Hi. I want to plot a frequency (measured in Hz, x-axis) : level (measured in dBfs, y-axis) chart in Excel (2000) - I'm importing data from a .txt file which I have to got work fine, with the data appearing in the spreadsheet. My problem is that I want to create a logarithmic scale on the x-axis but not to the base of 10 (default). At every set interval/distance on the x-axis I need the value to double (i.e. starting from 20Hz, then 40, 80, 160, etc.). Is there any possible way of doing this? Thanks for your help. Thom - Check out my Arbitrary Axis Scale page: http://www.geoci...

Send Form and Subform in Email
I have a form and a subform that I would like to send via email to the person I am auditing. I would like to include the a field or two on the form in the subject if possible as well. I am fairly new to VBA code please help. TXDalessandros wrote: >I have a form and a subform that I would like to send via email to the person >I am auditing. I would like to include the a field or two on the form in the >subject if possible as well. I am fairly new to VBA code please help. You do know that you cannot send an actual form outside your database, right? Your best bet, if you...

MS Office programs won't launch or open
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I have been running MS office programs for a few years. Now for some reason they won't open or launch. Every time I try to open a program the icon bounces on the dock but the program won't launch. I tried to uninstall the program with the CD that came with it and I have the same problem. It looks like the program will open - but then nothing happens. I have the current version of the MS Office 11.5.0. I have tried to reinstall the update and again, it just moves around on the dock, but won't open. I see he...

hvordan oprettes e-mail skabelon i outlook 2007
Jeg skal med mellemrum sende 4 forskellige mails til forskelliger modtagere. jeg har tidligere (outlook 2003 tror jeg) kunne oprette skabeloner som jeg kunne redigerer i og sende, men det kan jeg ikke få lov til i 2007... ...

Text Rotation
Hello, I want to draw into a DC some rotated text, drawing also the rectangle like the selection of that text. Everything works fine except...I cannot align the text vertically to the bottom of the rectangle. Function DrawText can do that but only for single line text. I've tried also to create a bitmap with the unrotated text and rotate that bitmap but the bitmap it's not transparent and the rotation is slow... Can anybody suggest me what to do? Thanks in advance! Absolom, If single-line DrawText can do what you want, you might try to use multiple calls to this function. Yo...

windows live mail "contents of this message can not be found"
Randomly get this "contents of this message can not be found" when checking headers. Using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. Jeff "JSan" <jsweisel@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#ZV1zPWvKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Randomly get this "contents of this message can not be found" when > checking headers. Using Windows Live Mail with Windows 7. Try turning on troubleshooting logging and look at the log for more clues. However, IMO the built-in diagnostics are usually insufficient so I would supplement whatever is there wi...

Junk Mail Questions
I have Outlook 2003 with the built in SPAM filter. Is there a way to tell it that a message that made it to my inbox is SPAM? Note: I own a copy of iHateSpam. Is this superior to what Outlook has? Should I run one or the other, or both? Matthew Right click the message. Choose Junk Email and choose one of the options there. Regarding iHateSpam and Outlook...they are different. I have both and I've tested both against the same mailbox. They both work very well. iHateSpam catches about 95% of my junk mail and so does Outlook. However both work on different messages. A message Outlook ...

how do I transfer my emails from outlook express 6 to outlook?
I've tried to burn my inbox / sent to a disc, and read in my new computer, and import for outlook. Doesn't work. No network is available. should I try a direct connection? Any advice? OE, inc all mail files, and OL need to be on same PC, then export from OE to OL "Joepas32" <Joepas32@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2469E518-674B-417B-91F3-EB39BF4BF122@microsoft.com... > I've tried to burn my inbox / sent to a disc, and read in my new computer, > and import for outlook. Doesn't work. No network is available. should I > try a d...

Public Folder Does not send out email.
I have a group of public folders that we use to receive email from our website. using the folder assistant function, I have set the folders up to forward a copy of received messages to the appropriate person in our company. But, the folder is also configured to send a reply to the original sender. For instance, someone send us their resume, it gets delivered to a folder anme careers. The folder assistant them forwards a copy to the head of HR (that works fine), but it does not send a reply to the person tht submitted the resume. I had this problem with a 5.5 installation and reca...

Outlook not sending .doc attachments to OE users
Using OfficeXP, if I attach a Word document (.doc) to the email, only other users off MS Outlook will receive it, but the users of Outlook Express users will not. Now here is the kicker. If I send the email to another MS Outlook user and they forward the message with the attachment, the Outlook Express users will receive the attachments. I even had the email server checked and they say that it shows that the attachments were sent to the Outlook Express users. Any ideas? Is it a Outlook issue or a Outlook Express issue? I think it is a OE issue but any help would be appreciated. Steve...

Can't receive mails from Hotmail & MSN accts
Hotmail and MSN users can't email to our work domain. As soon as the user hit send, the mail get bounced back as undeliverable. Checked our work spam guard, and the mails are not reaching to the spam guard. All other emails have no problem getting to us. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Please post the text of the bounce message. "Roget Luo" <roget168@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23hvg9oR%23GHA.3860@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hotmail and MSN users can't email to our work domain. As soon as the user > hit send, the mail get bounced back as undel...

workflow e-mail template dropdown list is empty
hello i want to create a rule for object (case ) like: When case is created e-mail to: (account); .... and here I want to put an e-mail template, but the dropdown list is empty. I have created all kind of e-mail templates but... the list is still empty. can anybody tell me what can i do to see my templates there thankyou Have you entered an e-mail template for Case objects? Templates are stored by object type. Did you publish the email template as public? E-mail templates to be used in workflow, must be published as public, not private. Hope this helps. Rich Elliott Associat...

How do I change the group heading COLOR of incoming e-mail?
Is it possible to change the COLOR of the HEADING of a group for an incoming e-mail? It's pretty annoying having to search and search for incoming e-mail. Thanks so much. yes, its automatic formatting-and is part of the view settings. you can use Tools, Organize. to access it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slips...

Tracking Internal e-mail origin
Can I identify which client station is sending an internal e-mail? Some of the e-mails are to vaild users others are not. Thanks for any help C.R. On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:50:41 -0700, "crmcmurray" <crmcmurray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I identify which client station is sending an internal e-mail? Some of >the e-mails are to vaild users others are not. > >Thanks for any help >C.R. Message Tracking? Look at the Internet Headers? Check the received headers in the email. Typically the last received header contains the IP address of the machin...

How do i change the default mail delivery location for all incoming messages?
This is a POP3 server. In Outlook, if i go to Tools | Options | Mail Setup | Data Files, and then select a particular PST file, and the click the Settings button, in the Outlook Data Files dialog, another dialog opens that has a text box that contains the path of the data file. But, this path cannot be edited, it appears to be read only. What i want to do is move that file to a different drive, then point outlook at it, so it continues to use it for all incoming mail messages. Thank you. Tom Conlon Close Outlook and move the file. When you restart Outlook, it should ask you where the f...

Exchange version 2k / 2k3 and the mail router...
Hi folks - wonder if someone could point me to some deffinitive information on this please? In the taining material for MS CRM 1.2 it states that if you install MS CRM on Windows 2000 then you need to intsall the Exchange Router on Exchange 2000 and if CRM is on W2K3 then the router needs to go on Ex2K3 too. Seems a little out of step and oddball to me. Anyone got any clue on whether this is true or not and why this is? Thanks.. ...

error message preventing installation of office SP1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel keep getting request to install SP1 update12.1.0 and end up with this message"You can't install office 2008 SP1 update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I was offered 2 choices, to select my external hard drive(4101GB Free) or my Mac HD (232 GB free)- neither one works. Should I install this update or is this update not meant for the Mac version of office 2008? If not for me how can I get rid of the repeated request that I Update? ...

reconciliation report #6
Every time I go to reconcile my checking account the beginning balance is always the same. In other words, it does not keep up with the current amount. This is creating a lot of frustration. Does anyone know of a fix? In microsoft.public.money, tledford wrote: >Every time I go to reconcile my checking account the beginning balance is >always the same. In other words, it does not keep up with the current amount. >This is creating a lot of frustration. >Does anyone know of a fix? When you reconcile/balance, the initial balance is the algebraic sum of the opening balance plus...

Outlook XP
When clicking on the "Send" button in Outlook XP to send a message - the message just stays on the screen and doesn't get sent. Receiving mail works fine as does forwarding and replying. I only have a problem with new e-mail messages.the e-mail client uses an SMTP server on a network to send - All messages stay in the outbox and the account settings appear to be OK. However when the Send button is selected they do not get sent and stay in the outbox and no error message appears. Any help on this would be gratefully received Michael Hewson MCP Have similar problem, but my pr...

Can't send or receive in Outlook 2002
My ISP provider said I needed to contact Microsoft and perform a "Rip and Reinstall" however Microsoft will not support my software issue since I purchased the licensed through Dell. Dell's service contract is only for Hardware. Does anyone know how to perform a RIP and Reinstall? Perhaps if you stated what your problem was rather than repeat what someone uses as a catch-all phrase, we might be able to help you. What is the problem and what error messages are you receiving? When does this happen and what did you change just prior to it starting> --� Milly Staples [...

unable to send to one domain, telnet to and get 550 5.7.1 unable to relay for when i do RCPT TO:
I have no problems sending out anywhere but this one domain. Running SBS 2003 w/ Exchange 2003. users have gotton it back with The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #4.0.0 smtp;451 Please try again> and There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mydomain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 Contains .gif file (blacklisted)> I t...

ATT and Windows Mail
Windows Mail and ATT has been working fine together, until recently. I am not allowed to send mail anymore. It still receives fine. I received the error message below. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'st . Agnes', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E According to... http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401570&ct=9000818 The Outgoing (SMTP) server port should be 465, not 25. Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Win...

Outlook 2003 Mail Filter oddity
Hello, I've tested this issue on another computer running IMAP on Outlook 2003 and it doesn't occur. The user says this was not always occuring. My client uses Outlook 2003 configured with IMAP, it has a mail rule to move sent items from the local PST to the sent items folder in the IMAP account. When the mail is moved by the mail rule it places the email at the top of the list under the IMAP sent items folder. The user filters his sent items "Arranged by: TO" w/ "A on top" It is only filed appropriately after he clicks on the email in ...