Office:Mac UpGrade

How far back is the upgrade allowed?

I currently use Office 2001.

I couldn't find the upgrade requirement on Microsoft's website!

Thanks.

0
jprzypek (1)

jprzypek@frontiernet.net <jprzypek@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> How far back is the upgrade allowed?
>
> I currently use Office 2001.
>
> I couldn't find the upgrade requirement on Microsoft's website!

I don't think 2001 would be a problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/howtobuy.aspx?pid=upgrade

        Corentin

--
                    --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) ---
korventeen (753)

How do you use the Livescribe smartpen with MS Office products?
I just received a Pulse Smartpen as a gift and I love it. I am curious about how other users of Office products utilize their smartpen features with Office ...

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

Office 2000 & Office 2007
Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. Is so how ? "Kevan McArthur" <Kevan McArthur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0B994BB-CF9A-4053-8B09-D55B1B3894FE@microsoft.com... > Just got a new laptop with windows 7. Had purchased office 2000 for my old > pc, can I updgrade to Office 2007 or do I have to buy it all over again. > Is > so how ? You can upgrade to any upgrade edition of Office 2007. You will need the installation dis...

Working with Office Live Workspace
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Does Office for Mac work with Office Live Workspace? ...

Out of Office settings 2007 outlook
Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. 2007 office just had Exchange service pack 2 installed and hot fix KB970892 I did a Test E-mail AutoConfiguration test all ok You are best directing this too an exchange or outlook group Simon "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BABA10B5-D450-4C63-9AE5-40A23143DD19@microsoft.com... > Out of Office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is > currently > unavailable. > 2007 office > just had Exchange service pack 2 instal...

Office 2007 ultimate and Outlook 2007 Installation
I currently have Outlook 2007 on my PC. I will be installinf the complete ultimate suite. Do I need to uninstall the current outlook 2007 first? If I don't and install over it, will I loose my emails and folders? I would prefer to install all of the office suite in case there are files or links that could be omitted if I choose not to install outllok from the suite. Thank you for your help RGH Which Office 2007 version do you have installed at present -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be a...

Office 2008 Setup Assistant Repeatedly Crashes
Installed Office 2008 via Remote Disc to a Macbook Air. When launching Office Apps, Office Setup Assistant opens but when I attempt to continue it crashes. Here's the error report Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2008-02-16 12:00:46 -0800 Application Name: Microsoft Office Setup Assistant Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.setupassistant Application Signature: MosA Application Version: 12.0.0.071130 Crashed Module Name: EntourageLegacy Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x000e921f Blame Module Name: Ent...

Reintstalling Office 03 on a new machine, Excel does not appear
Hi, Had to put a new hard drive in my notebook, and reinstall XP home and all my software. Reinstalled Office from original disks, and most of it works. Word is fine. However Excel does not appear in Start/All Programs or anywhere else. Tried three times. What's up? Mike Try Start>Run excel.exe Anything? When you re-installed was it a "typical" or a "custom"? Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/remove programs. Scroll down to Office 2003 and change/remove. Select change. Follow your nose from there and you can see if Excel has been installed. Hav...

Upgrade to 10
Frustation building...I'm trying to upgrade to 10.0 from 8.0 SP5 in a test environment on a Virtual machine. When it tries to install the components it fails on the MS Sql Server native client 9, MS Dexterity Shared Components 10, and the MS Application Error reporting 11. It tells me to look at the .tmp file for information but I can't find the stupid .tmp file. I'm running the upgrade from the DVD on my local machine and connecting to the test server via Remote Desktop Connection. Any help out there???? -- jav If you have access to Customer/Partner Source s...

Upgrade from 2008 home to full
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am using 08 office for home edition, after few months I want to have the full version. Can i upgrade to full version?? Paul pjeya25@gmail.com On 8/5/09 5:54 AM, in article 59b79a49.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "PJFirstMac@officeformac.com" <PJFirstMac@officeformac.com> wrote: > I am using 08 office for home edition, after few months I want to have the > full version. > > Can i upgrade to full version?? No, you have to purchase the full version. Because you've used it for several mon...

Office 2003 rollout
I am trying to roll out Office 2003 using an MST file - deployed from System Center Essentials. The installation is successful on the workstation, and SCE reports the installation as successful. However upon reboot the workstation says that it needs the Office install again. I pretty much accepted the defaults in creating the MST file using the Resource Kit's Custom Installation Wizard. I did make a few changes to the product features, but that's about it. Initially I did have the MST configured to remove any prior versions of Office but suspected that this could...

Office 2003 #3
I installed Microsoft Office 2003 and cannot create, reply or forward email. I am receiveing the error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I have applied all of the updates for Office 2003. I'm having the exact same problem...same message. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, as well. No help! >-----Original Message----- >I installed Microsoft Office 2003 and cannot create, reply >or forward email. I am receiveing the error message "The >messaging interface has returned an unknown e...

Outlook Sales not working after upgrade
I had the Adventure Works test set up and working with version 1.0. Then after I upgraded the web interface works but the Outlook Sales client doesn't. It acts like it installs correctly and when you open Outlook it has the CRM folder, but there is nothing in it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nate ...

Student Office for Mac Woes.....
First, thanks in advance to all those who help Next, I must admit, Mac is TOTALLY different. I'm being straight forward about this, Mac is tough for me to get use to in order to help my daughter since I'm so use to Windows etc. We installed Student Office for Mac in her new laptop she bought last week for college. We did NOT uninstall the Demo, thanks to M$ being so inept by not providing a pop up warning of some sort during install. What must we do now? She installed her college Student Office for Mac, used it before she learned about the required deletion of the Demo version?...

Procedure for upgrading from trial DPM 2007?
I would like to know what is the procedure for upgrading from the trial version of DPM 2007? I've seen some articles about 2006 but little about 2007. What do you do about the SQL server instance name MS$DPM2007EVAL$ vs. MS$DPM2007$? Do you restore the reporting services data bases as well? Thanks, Michael Micahel, Very astute. That is the big gotcha when upgrading. check out this technet: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb968905.aspx "Michael" wrote: > I would like to know what is the procedure for upgrading from the trial > version...

Out of Office Subsequent Rules?
Hi, I've created a couple of Out of Office rules (Exchange 2000 Server and Outlook 2003) and am having trouble with the subsequent rules action. I need to have mail that is sent to me when I'm out of the office forwarded to my Blackberry phone (yes, I know there is a Blackberry server to do this but for just one user that's over the top) APART from when messages contain attachments. So I have created the first rule in the order list that says when any mail arrives that has attachments, move it to a specific mail folder (so I can deal with it later) and NOT TO PROCESS SUBSEQ...

office 2003 install question
I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive. I have Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to install this on my new laptop without an optical drive. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! "freddy" <freddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B1912A3-B7DB-4585-A902-543F04317242@microsoft.com... > I just purchased a new HP laptop that does not have an optical drive. I > have > Office 2003 with my product key and want to know if there is any way to > install this on my new laptop withou...

Getting Started Section in Office 2003
whenever I open an Office application like Excel, there is that section to the right 'Getting Started.' I am using Office 2003. this happens in Word as well. How can I remove them? I've looked in Tools > Options but wasn't able to find anything myself. I don't want them open when I intially open the application. Thanks in advance. Hi dsimoens! No need to post to more than one group. Press any key to continue on opening the file Make a couple of minor changes The save the file and re-open If created in an earlier version of Excel I think that saving will produce a di...

Office Icons - tweaking and saving
The icons provided when installing Office leave, shall we say "something left to whish for" ... Which leaves me with the task of editing them. I make several toolbars, global and local, full of macros, each one with a separate icon (no text - takes to much space). In order to successfully separate these icons I need to make if not unique at least different. It’s tedious and mundane, but once done - I'm happy again. That is until the computer crashes... Is there not a program, or something, that lets me save and by all means, retrieve these icons? I use the...

how do i create an office data connection file
i want to call a parameterized data connection. i want to eventually put this in office sharepoint server 2007's data connection library. every time i open the connection file i have successfully created that connects to the db, it want me to pick a table. i can cancel out of that and change it to sql and say to use a procedure, but i can't save this file, and the "Edit Query..." and "Parameters..." buttons are disabled so i can't set parameters. why is it so hard to work with this thing? thanks ...

How do you set up an "Out of Office" auto reply??
Can someone give me some quick, easy directions? http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, VLC asked: | Can someone give me some quick, easy directions? ...

Can I use Outlook 2007 with Office 2000 Professional?
I have Office 2000 and I need Outlook 2003 or higher. What is the most cost effective way to achieve this? Thanks. Install Office 2000 w/out Outlook 2000 in folder: c:\program files\microsoft office 2000 Install Outlook 2003 in folder: c:\program files\microsoft office 2003 Just keep in mind that when you mix and match versions that you will have some compatibility issues. What else... since you own Office 2000, you might want to check your favorite retailer of computer hardware/software and see if you can acquire a new copy of Office for a reasonable price. "tom...

Office assistant error
Hi everyone, I only joined today so easy on me!!!!!! We have Outlook 2003 and Office 2000 SP3 intalled and receive the following error when Outlook is opened and then try to open any other applications, i'e word, excell "The office assistant could not be started. Please repair the assistant by running office 2000 setup and selecting repair office 2000". Running repair does not make the error message stop. The office assistant works in all applications the error message just keeps popping up. If I open word or excell on their own it's not a proble as soon as outlook 2003 is...

Office Picture Manager e-mail option greyed out
Hello, Using the Office Picture Manager, I select a picture, then select e-mail pictures. Within this pop up on the right hand side, i am supposed to be able to Attach, Display as previewed, and then create message. Only thing is all of the selections are grayed out and nothing can be selected. Questions are, Is Picture Manager hard coded to use Outlook or Outlook Express only? Are there any registry settings which might be massaged to point to another e-mail program? Thanks ...

File Locked Error
I'm still trying to talk our IS group into rebooting the server... I'm a little curious how the lock actually follows the file. Even i we copy it to another computer, the XL file still complains the file i locked. Is there a lock flag that is embedded in the file properties? Steve Lady Layla Wrote: > If the file is stored on the server and the file is saying it is locke > by a > user -- if the user's system has been rebooted, most likely the onl > thing that > will release the lock is rebooting the server. It is unfortunate bu > it does > have to be do...