Office:Mac Student & teacher Edition

Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system,
the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would  be
apreciated.... Lee

0
lbradford (1)

In article <1137343827.070984.191440@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
 "Lee Bradford" <lbradford@havering-college.ac.uk> wrote:

> Why can i not reinstall office onto my imac after restoring the system,
> the cd does not seem to be recognised......? any help would  be
> apreciated.... Lee

Hi Lee!

A variety of things could be happening.

1. Try another CD. Is that one recognized? If so, your Office CD may be
damaged or you may just need to gently wipe it and clean it.

2. Go to Finder menu --> Preferences --> Sidebar. Are "Removable media"
selected to mount in the sidebar?

3. Go to Finder menu --> Preferences --> General. Are "CDs, DVDs and
iPods" selected to mount on the Desktop?

If your "restored" system includes the trial version of Microsoft
Office, be sure to remove it first before re-installing your S&T edition.

Hope this helps! bill
--
William M. Smith
(Microsoft Interop MVP)

The yellow-boxed software came with one product ID, the same kind of one
that's been used since at least Office 2001. Should I have had three of
these product IDs and just received faulty product, or did I goof by
installing each of the computers with this same product ID key?

Can someone point me to a web page that describes how to fix the problem?
I've had no luck finding an explanation in Mactopia.

Andy

0
arkesling (1)
2/9/2006 6:02:23 AM
Hi,

the Student & Teacher version of Office 2004 definitely comes with three
product keys. I remember that early versions of the S&T version of Office
v.X only had one key, but the 2004 version should always include three.

Make sure you check the box in which Office came: you should see three
yellow stickers on the booklet, with three different keys. My guess is that
you accidentally used the same key twice, or even three times, which is why
you can see this message. There is no way of telling which Mac uses which
product key, so follow the instructions on this website to reset the PID
(Product IDentification) code on each machine:

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html

Michel

On 09.02.06 6:02, in article C010370F.6F4%arkesling@hotmail.com, "Andy
Kesling" <arkesling@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed the Student & Teacher edition of Mac Microsoft Office on
> two of my 8th graders' computers and one copy on my graduate student wife's
> computer. When two people try to use Office, we're getting the Office
> already in use error message.
>
> The yellow-boxed software came with one product ID, the same kind of one
> that's been used since at least Office 2001. Should I have had three of
> these product IDs and just received faulty product, or did I goof by
> installing each of the computers with this same product ID key?
>
> Can someone point me to a web page that describes how to fix the problem?
> I've had no luck finding an explanation in Mactopia.
>
> Andy

0
m_bintener (105)

Office 2004: "Paste Special" "Picture" loses 67% of the image
Is anyone else experiencing this problem: --I create a speadsheet or drawing in Excel or PowerPoint. --I select say the spreadsheet, and "copy". --Then I go to Word and "Paste Special":"Picture" and the resulting image is: -->Missing the right 2/3rd of the picture, meaning if my spreadsheet has 10 columns, the first three appear in the picture, but the next 7 are "gone". -->The "picture" is "full size" meaning that when I pull on the corner, it's not like the "missing" part comes into view. It just resi...

Word v.X With embeded Excel charts from Win Office 2000/XP crashes every time
I have a cross platform office. I am running diffrent versions of MS Office, Including v.X, 2004 mac, Office 2000 and XP for PC. Whenever my users get a file from the PC side with embded Excel charts it just shuts down office. In 2004 it opens with no problem. i have re created this with multiple files over diffrent machines and every time it is the same. I have opened the file in 2004 and deleted the Excel data resaved it but when opened in v.X it stil lcrashes. when i jsut copy all the info minus the excel charts to a new doc it opens. Once i re add any Excel data back comes the crashes. S...

how do i download attachments with office 2003
i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? See if the info here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "rollo" <rollo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF9E8BE-ECF2-4B66-8DED-992C16DA5B0D@microsoft.com... >i have uopgraded to office 2003 and cannot download any email attachments? ...

calendars in office publisher 2007
Is there a way to make all twelve pages the same as the first one or do I have to copy and paste everything to each page? All template calendars have a date range with the one page per month. If you are hoping your edits will go to the next month, it won't happen. I have found using text boxes for special events and holidays work better. Much easier to copy/paste. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "me04984" <me04984@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E88529C8-EE13-4676-881D-CB6022600B25@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to make al...

Can you instiall Publisher 2000 with other Office 2003 products?
We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to look out for? Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? bennihaha wrote: > We have some elements of Microsoft Office 2003 installed on a machine here. > We want to install Publisher 2000. Are there any compatibility issues to > look out for? Many recommend installing it in its own separate folder from the main Office installation > Should we even try to install Publisher 2000 at all? Well, if you can't get...

Office 2003 "Out of Office" template issue
Hi all--I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 on it's own (i.e. not exchange server or anything else), I know the "Out of Office" freature isn't available but a work around is to create a template (.oft) using a text editor or similar as I've done that as per the "How to emulate the Out of Office Assistant in Microsoft Outlook" (Microsoft KB311107). Here's my problem: I have 6 email addresses (all SMTP), only one email address can be set as default--that's fine, but if I setup four email addresses as 'Out of Office' for example, the auto-reply Out...

download office 2007 standard?
I purchased an office 2007 standard, but my laptop does not have a disc reader. I was told that it was a trial version that could be downloaded and then activated with my product code. I can not find this. Is there a downloadable version? If not, what else can I do? On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 05:34:01 -0700, Luddkofta wrote: > I purchased an office 2007 standard, but my laptop does not have a disc > reader. I was told that it was a trial version that could be downloaded and > then activated with my product code. I can not find this. Is there a > downloadable version? ...

hyperlink for mac
hi! can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to create a hyperlink to a page (tab) in my excel worksheet? i use a mac. in fact, a mac laptop specifically. so i need to click ctrl then the mouse tab to right click, for example. here's what i want: on sheet 1, i write "more information on sheet 16." then "sheet 16" is a hyperlink to that page (tab), which is sheet 16. the reader can click on "sheet 16" in the text to go to sheet 6 instead of scrolling at the bottom of the page to find sheet 16. Select the cell in Sheet 1, type CMD-K to ins...

How do I edit replace source data links for a chart?
I changed the name of a document which was connected as link to some charts in another spreadsheet. Now the charts are blank becasue they are looking for the spreadsheet with the name that does not exist anymore. How do I change the source data without going into each chart and doing it by hand? Thanks! You could try Edit menu > Links, if another workbook has the right structure (i.e., same sheet names and data ranges as the missing file). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ ...

Mac user sending Japanese characters are received as question mark
I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as question marks. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Mac user using Safari to access OWA hosted on a Exchange 2003 >server. He can read and type Japanese characters but when he sends a new >message or a reponse to a message the Japanese characters are received as >question marks. Does any...

Edit menu on received messages
Hi All Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise. We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modified when received using HTML. The folks would need to know the version of Outlook you are using first. Arne wrote: > Hi All > > Just wanted to know how to disable the Edit menu when you open a received > message, probably a registry modification if it is please advise. > > We would like to remove that Edit menu so the email cannot be modi...

Office 2010 beta clobbered my bluetooth
After installing office 2010 beta on a Thinkpad T43 with XP SP3, Bluetooth is broken. ( the Widcomm package, probably preinstalled on the factory) The BT can be turned on, is visible in device manager and so on - but any attempt to find devices fails. The error message says, unable to find local BT devices. Now I recall seeing something about BT in the Office 2010 release notes or forums, but can't find it. Be warned. --pa ...

Can't edit SQL question in MS Excel/Query
Hello, I'm running Win2k SP3, Excel 2000 SP-1 and have created SQL questions that fetch data from an Oracle 8i DB via ODBC. Sometimes (or actually quite often) I can't edit the SQL questions in MS Query. The MS Query icon just flashes in the taskbar and disappears. Any wiz got any idea what can be done about it? Regards Hans Hans I'm not sure about the MS Query icon you are talking about in the taskbar but the way I can get to MS Query using Excel 2000 and connectiong to Oracle database is choosing 'Data' followed by 'Get External Data', and then choosing '...

Exchange 200 and office 2003 supported?
Hi all, Maybe you can help me out? is the combination CRM 3.0 with Exchange 2000 and office 2003 supported? In the implementation guide of 1.2 it was specifically mentioned that if you had Exchange 2000 you had to have office 200 and for Exchange 2003 you had to have office 2003... I can't find anything on this in the manual from CRM 3.0.... thanx in advance..... Exchange 2000 or 2003 is supported. The Outlook client needs Office 2003 w/ SP1 or Office XP w/ SP3. You can also check out the implementation guide at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f...

unable to view or edit signature outlook 2003 error
i have tried all obvious solutions and nothing seems to work. i can create a signature but it will not remain. the only thing that jumps out at me is that i have noticed that there are %APPDATA% folders all over the place. i am not sure what is causing that.... I have searched for a solution and have found some people with the same issue but no solution that will work. Thanks! Where do you see the appdata folders? (signatures are stored in a folder under appdata) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solution...

how to convert mod to wmv/avi/mp4/mov/mpg for Mac/Windows
Nowdays, more and more people use camcorder to record something happy, such as birthday party, wedding, graduation etc. While, maybe lots of you aren?t familiar with these tools, feeling frustrated about how to convert and import properly those .MOD video files. Now here, I give some little tips and hope it useful to all of you. [b]First, what?s Mod?[/b] .Mod files are actually MPEG-2 files with AC3 audio, similar to a VOB file on a DVD or the M2T files used on Sony hard drive camcorders, this video file format is used on many digital camcorders, such as the JVC Everio, the Canon FS100 a...

Entourage Import from MAC OSX mail
I just loaded Office 2004 and was surprised to find the importing of mail from Apple Mail does not work properly (messages are not imported). I did some research and found this is a known bug (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/842883) Unfortunately this article was written in June 2004 - any ideas how to work around this? I have also found references to running an import script from the 'Value Pack' folder on the CD - my cd does not seem to have such a folder. Thanks for your help. Mark Steele mark@steeleus.com Hi Mark, you'll need to include a few crucial details: what kind ...

PPT hangs up when editing Excel charts
Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to have to recover the PPT file. I know this problem has been documented... any fixes? Thanx! -- Bill Assuming this is 2007 SP2 theres a hotfix available http://support.microsoft.com/kb/975021 Choose view and request near the top -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "Bill" wrote: > Editing PPT imbedded Excel charts, PPT constantly locks up, forcing me to > have to recover...

MDA on General Posting Edit List
I included MDA info on GL Posting Edit List by establishing relationship between Allocation Amount Temporary table and Transaction Analysis Group, then set a few restriction in the report. It takes more than 10 minutes to print (>50,000 record in DTA10200). I doubt it is due to the table relationship and restriction used. Anyone can share his/her experience is much aprpeciated. TQ in advance. ...

Mac Servers
Nobody uses them. No active directory. In article <feaxn.34028$iL1.8929@newsfe24.iad>, "Mocassin joe" <joemocasanto@aol.com> wrote: > Nobody uses them. > > No active directory. Your such a Dufus, that I doubt that you actually have any First Hand Knowledge of What OSX Server Will or Will NOT Do... and for your information Active Directory has been part of OSX Server since at least Tiger (OSX SERVER 10.4) which is NOW two versions out of date...... Duh.... ...

Widows 7 and Student version of Office 2003
I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The student version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003 version can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thoughts out there? "Dixie500" <Dixie500@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:560CCBF8-4379-4D15-B503-34FE3CABACA4@microsoft.com... > I am getting a new Windows 7 computer and like to use Outlook. The > student > version of 2007 does not contain Outlook and I wonder if the old 2003 > version > can be loaded on a Wndows 7 computer. Any thou...

Email in Office 2007
I have two people using this computer. Is there any way to set up email accounts in office 2007 so one Windows 7 user account person gets only their email and me, the other Windows 7 user account, gets only my emails from office 2007? The Windows 7 user accounts are set up for both of us. Office 2007 is installed but not yet active pending question above. I have tried before in Vista and both Windows users got both email accounts in Office 2007 displayed to them. Now I have upgraded to 7 and before I go to far and screw things up........ If a win user configures Outllo...

How do I open a database in Office XP that was created in Office 2000?
I am trying to open a file that was created in Access Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me. How do I do that. You should not have any problems. Could you provide more details on 'it won't let me'? What error message do you get? -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "Christy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012b01c3d103$475b2ad0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to open a file that was created in Access > Office 2000 on my new Office XP and it wont let me. How > do I do that. ...

Can't edit Publisher 97 files in Publisher 2002
Is there a way to edit older Publisher files in Publisher 2002. Did in stall the WordArt patch and the files open correctly, but will not let me edit. Could I install my old Publisher 97 on my computer to complete the tasks I need to do, until I figure how to do this on Publisher 2002? Thanks for helping! You should be able to edit them. I edit my old 97 documents. Are the files on your hard drive? Have you checked to make sure they are not read only? Publisher 97 will run well on your system. Install it to a separate folder. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www...

Out of office assistant #35
When trying to open the out of office assistant I get the following errors "The out of office assistant could not be displayed, A required action was not sucessful due to an unspecified error" After clicking O.K. then I get "System resources are critically low. Close some windows The virtual memory is set to 1000mb min and max I would guess that re-installing or repairing the Outlook install will fix a corrupted or missing file. The virtual memory message is probably a red herring, though it might be worth setting the minimum pagefile size to something much smaller l...