Office:Mac 2008 Home&Student edition -- can't use while someone else is using a DIFFERENT edition

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Here's the problem. Purchased H&S edition and installed on 3 computers on office network. Since needed to use Office on another computer, purchased standard 2008 Office and it wouldn't install. Then purchased another H&S edition (after trying to take Office back). It will install on my computer, but will not allow me to use while someone else on system is using Office. It seems to be fixed on the same ID number.

Can't find a MS tel no to call. HELP!!!
0
lizesqe (1)

See if this helps:
http://www.entourage.mvps.org/version/license_version.html#reset

lizesqe@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> Here's the problem. Purchased H&S edition and installed on 3 computers on office network. Since needed to use Office on another computer, purchased standard 2008 Office and it wouldn't install. Then purchased another H&S edition (after trying to take Office back). It will install on my computer, but will not allow me to use while someone else on system is using Office. It seems to be fixed on the same ID number.
>
> Can't find a MS tel no to call. HELP!!!

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Outlook meeting request
Hi, I've spent a couple of hours playing about with Outlook to see if I can solve a problem that my manager has tasked me with. In our department the standard method of booking holiday in your calendar is to create an all-day event flagged as 'Busy' or 'Out of Office', and to invite your manager as an attendee. The manager will then approve or deny your holiday request by accepting or declining the meeting notice. However, the problem with this method is that it automatically ends up blocking the manager's calendar for that day as 'Busy' or 'Out of Office...

Anyone use Mailwasher?....
If so does anyone have problems with their outlook form time to time when using? If so is the kind of problem when outlook won't find your pop servers? Best regards Jerry Not sure if this helps, but I love mailwasher... Turn off your automatic receive. Use mailwasher with 2 minutes or so receive, after you open it when you see new messages in the taskbar, clean up and confirm THEN press F9 in outlook to receive mail. Works great.... p.s. get the pro version, its worth the 20 bucks! >-----Original Message----- >If so does anyone have problems with their outlook form time t...

Can I load Office 2003 onto Windows 7?
I have Office 2003 and just purchased a computer with the new Windows 7. Will I be able to load and use it? "snoopy8569" <snoopy8569@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4ADC2EE-7CF2-4404-9FFE-437C05516A7B@microsoft.com... > I have Office 2003 and just purchased a computer with the new Windows 7. > Will I be able to load and use it? > As long as you abide by the EULA, have at it. If OEM no, if retail then it has to be on one computer and a secondary computer for the exclusive use of the primary user of the first. Ensure that you ...

linking pages in two different work books
trying to link two different pages in two seperate workbooks. filling in statistical data in first workbook in specific fields. then having to open the next work book and insertin the same in formation again. don't wnat to be redundent and would lik to populate worksheet in workbook 2 with the same input from workshee in work book -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am also in need of this ability. I have a list on one sheet and a chart with the names from the list o another, same workbook. I have been linking each individual name fro the list to their location on the ...

Someone who can provide TRaining in NJ
Hiya, I just openned a retail store in NJ. I need some help with some features and am looking for some in store training formyself and my partner. We are looking for informal, mostly question and answer training and demonstration and maybe some assistance in setting up some features we are unsure about. We have been using the system for several months now. Marc We have installed over 100 stores across North America remotely. Are services are a $100/hr and we can spread out training sessions over serveral days to allow you to digest the information. If interested you can contact me a...

M2006 and BOA
What's the word on Active Statement and Money 2006? I used Active Statement on M2004 and had no issues even though BOA site says it's for M2000. Can I still use Active Statement or is there a better method now (Yodlee, QIF)? Have to say I don't know anything about Yodlee except the problems I've read here. I guess it's a Front End to most FI's that want to charge you $6 a month to integrate with Money or Quicken - is that right? Andrew, You can still use Active Statement. Yodlee is an aggregator that is able to provide account information outside your FI&#...

How do you print a page of labels, all different
I am attempting to creat a page of labels, all different names instead of one label on the entire page. How do I do this? Mail merge -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mutzie" <mutzie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DA54B74-C109-487D-A142-08765886B424@microsoft.com... >I am attempting to creat a page of labels, all different names instead of >one > label on the entire page. How do I do this? Mail merge assistance http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH010504371033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft....

Office Setup Assistant
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel I get to the part in the setup where it says "Create an Office Identity" but when I click "Continue" nothing happens. I have closed it and reopened it several times and even tried reinstalling Office, but I still am having the same problem. Can anyone help me? On 6/26/09 8:50 AM, in article 59b772d7.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "keinkein13@officeformac.com" <keinkein13@officeformac.com> wrote: > I get to the part in the setup where it says "Create an Office Identity" but > when I click "Continue" n...

Inbox subfolders used to pop up reminders, not in this new contract w/O2K (nor at home in new O2003).
This is so funny that it's occurring at home and at office with 2 different Outlook versions though both on Win2K. For years in Win98SE with O2K, the flags in inbox subfolders would always work. Same with O2K on Win2K for over a couple of years or more now at other work contracts. Now new contract with O2K on Win2K _and_, coincidentally, new O2003 on new Win2K installation at home, no subfolders are working either when for years of experience at home they did. What's so very different now, really? After years of relying on this feature and in combination with a certain set of rule...

Office 2003 Update "Unsuccessful"
I installed office 2003 and have chosen the update option which shows m the need to download and install "Office 2003 Critical Update KB828041". I can download the file, but when it attempts to install immediately get the message "update unsucessful". I've made sure tha antivirus and firewall software is disabled when attempting update, bu to no avail ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hello... I had what seems to be the same problem...

office format palette
does anyone know how to fix the strange disappearance of the format=20 palatte on office for mac? it opens entirely off the screen and i'm=20 unable to click on it to move it to an area where it is visible. how = did it=20 get there in the first place? strange! thanks, eilie In article <077101c3af7e$7d3ff730$3101280a@phx.gbl>, "eilie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > does anyone know how to fix the strange disappearance of the format > palatte on office for mac? it opens entirely off the screen and i'm > unable to click on it to mov...

Upgrading Exchange 2K Std to 2K Enterprise Edition
Hi all, Has anyone out there upgraded Exchange 2000 Standard edition to 2000 Enterprise edition? Is there any documentation outlining best practises for such an upgrade or can anyone relay their experiences from having done it? How long would such an upgrade take? Any info received would be much appreciated... Thanks... -- Cheers... Hi, Basically you need run setup from the Exchange 2000 Enterprise CD selecting the "re-install" option during setup. Regards Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "hevris" <hevris...

how can i add the global fields on the windows using the modifier
Hi All how can i add the global fields on the windows. Sharat Mittakola You can't. Only fields from the linked table can be added to a window. For the rest you would have to make local fields and populate it via ADO. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "smittakola" <smittakola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BDA6D20-A423-44DB-B2E9-CD473E1068A2@microsoft.com... > Hi All > > how can i add the global fields on the windows. > > > Sharat Mittakola ...

Edit Default Filter
I have been creating reports for my company's CRM system, From the book Working with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 have have learned how to enable Pre-Filtering and setting the Filters when a report is published. Recently I created a report from a simple query and published to CRM, when trying to edit the default filter the report filtering critera window says "This report cannot have a default filter" but does not provide any insite as to why. I'm not excluding the possibility that I am doing something wrong, if any one out there has an idea please let me know. Below is ...

Setting a Different Currency for a Quote than its Opportunity Curr
I wonder, is there a way to set a different curreny for a quote than that of its parent opportunity in CRM 4.0, because I noticed that this field becomes read only for child quotes and cannot be changed ?? Some of our sales need to create quotes within an opportunity that might have different currencies than that of their parent opportunity. ...

What is load order of addin in office components
Hi all If office components ( word, excel, powerpoint....) has more than two addins are installed . Then what will be order of loading of those addin. for example i have one addin which sets visible property of some menu item to false. And another addin which sets visible property of some of those item to true.... So How can i make load order of addin to fixed? or other way how can i disable other addin to load when my addin is loaded.? Is it possible? I am using VBA,VC6, and want to check this on almost all version of office... Another thing that i want to ask I am displaying office doc...

Main text box in outgoing mail not accepting edits. Why?
I have a bit of a problem, I can type anywhere but the text portion of an e-mail in Outlook. Any suggestions on what I should try to fix it? ...

Where is the SEND button for email messages in Office Outlook 200.
I read all the older emails. I am using Vista Basic and brand new Office Outlook 2007 and brand new Office Home and Student, 2007. Do you have an email account configured in outlook? That is required. The send button is next to the To/From/subject field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can acce...

Setting the display format of a query using the DateDiff function
I have a question concerning the display of a calculated field based on the DateDiff function. Assume there exist “Start Time” and “End Time” fields that contain valid date & time information, and the date and time difference between these two fields is 75 minutes. I have created the following queries successfully… Duration (Min): DateDiff("n",[Start Time],[End Time]) Duration (Hrs): DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[End Time]) The “Duration (Min)” query shows the following result: 75 The “Duration (Hrs)” query shows the following result: 1 I am trying to find a method...

Comparing data from different spreadsheets????
Hi I have some a small problem with comparing data. I have data on to different sheet: Sheet A names account no. fred 12 Marie 54 An so on.... Sheet B also includes names and account no. but not identical to the ones in sheet A. Since the list is endless....more or less is is most convinient to keep the two sheets. The problem: I wish to find out which names and accounts are repeated in both A and B. If possible as an output in a blanc sheet C. Hopefully someone can assist me. I have tried to use countif and if but have not succeded. Hi One way would be...

Custom XML Parser (without using XmlDocument)
Hi, I'm wondering on how to go about writing a simple XML parser, one that doesn't use the XmlDocument class (DOM API) and relies only on (in-built, so to say low-level) file system and string parsing functions. Are there any examples or sample code that illustrates on how to go about building a custom XML parser on these lines. The main issue is that I'm not quite sure about how to render the XML file to an in-memory data structure of some sort using a custom parsing approach. Once I manage to build an in-memory hierarchical data structure from the XML data file, I can manipulate...

changing the program used to open an attachment
I need to open a .dbx file (e-mail message folder) and I accidentaly chose Word, and didn't uncheck the always open box. How can I try to open this file with the correct program, and what is the correct one? Outlook express doesn't come up as an option, and I'm pretty sure that's the one I need. Thanks. Hi, Have you tried saving the attachment to your local PC then right-clicking and selecting "Open With... > Choose Program", then selecting the appropriate application? Louise "Berklee" <4tek@vom.com> wrote in message news:0b2c01c34baf$35...

How to get the list of all SQL Server foreign keys in a database by using Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Smo ?
Hello. I have found many post telling how to create a foreign key with SMO but no one explaining how to list them. Anybody knows ? Thank you, Gilbert "Gilbert Tordeur" <gilbert.tordeur@orange.fr> wrote in message news:epHLDvm1KHA.3744@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > I have found many post telling how to create a foreign key with SMO but no > one explaining how to list them. > > Anybody knows ? > > Thank you, > Gilbert > On SQL Server, it's: select * from sys.foreign_keys works for sure on SQL Serv...

Trouble saving files on Windows fileshares with Word or Excel 2008

Asking for Office 2000
I have Microsoft Office Pro and when I am running Outlook, I often get a message that states the following: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Microsoft Office 2000 Standard disk and click OK." There is a pull-down menu with one option: "Microsoft Office 2000". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Office Pro. That doesn't help. Your advice is appreciated. So what happens when you insert Office Disk? David "Howard" <patents@howardeisenberg.com> wrote in mes...