office mac 2008 #5

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

office mac 2008 will not open after installtion

On 6/16/09 1:49 PM, in article 59b76ae1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jessezcali@officeformac.com" <jessezcali@officeformac.com> wrote:

> office mac 2008 will not open after installtion

Move the Microsoft User Data folder to the desktop. Re-install Office 2008
from DVD. Run the 12.1.0 SP1 upgrade (SP1 is not needed with newer DVDs)
then the 12.1.9 upgrade. Move contents in the old folder back to the new
Microsoft User Data folder.

--
Diane

> On 6/16/09 1:49 PM, in article 59b76ae1.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
> "jessezcali@officeformac.com" wrote:
>
> > office mac 2008 will not open after installtion
>
> Move the Microsoft User Data folder to the desktop. Re-install Office 2008
> from DVD. Run the 12.1.0 SP1 upgrade (SP1 is not needed with newer DVDs)
> then the 12.1.9 upgrade. Move contents in the old folder back to the new
> Microsoft User Data folder.
>
> --
> Diane

thank you Diane i will give it try. have not tried this one yet. >

How to create Office Sta 03 from a picture?
New to Office 03, I figured out how to "create stationary" (neat)! But, NOW I wish to advance, and try as I may, have been totally unsuccessful! I now come to all of your & your knowledge? I also am posting one other question I've tried over & over; successful 1x, but didn't write down, as I was experiment'g and now forgot HOW I did it!? DUH! First, wish to know HOW to create MY OWN office statonary from a picture I have found I wish to use as statonary and background for stationary? HELP PLEASE? Not a "geek" in ANY definition of the term, I nee...

sending e-mail #5
Whenever I send an e-mail from my Outlook, it posts my address as being from "comcast mail," instead of my e-mail name. I want to know how to change this, because some recipients delete it when they don't know who it's from. Thanks mdboudreaux CChange your display name under your account properties. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After scratching one's head, mdboudreaux@comc...

Moving an Exchange Server to a new office, different subnet and IP
I need to find the simplest way to move an exchange server to a new location, with the least amount of down time. 1 thought is to create a redundat server at the new location, replicate the data in then take down old, ship to the new location, and bring it back up, then probobly taking one down, or making one a front-end, the othe a back-end. The new location is already linked in over a WAN, however they are on a different subnet At this point I am very open to suggestions, any will do Thank you for your time... How fast is your WAN? How much data do you have to move? What do you mean...

Exchange 5.5/2K3 and Address Book views
Hi all! We have a mixed exchange org at the moment with exchange 5.5 and 2003 (SP1). Can someone please tell me how to setup the Address Book view to be like the one used by 5.5 users for exchange 2003 users? Or does anyone know how to migrate the exch 5.5 GAL to exch 2003 to save waht looks like a lot of work? Thanks in advance!! Ste On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:19:42 -0000, "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all! We have a mixed exchange org at the moment with exchange 5.5 and >2003 (SP1). Can someone please tell me how to setup the Address Book view &g...

Mac Excel 08 puts "#VALUE!" in all pivot table references when opening an WIN Excel 97 file.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently bought a MacBook Pro 15.4, 3.06GHz, 8GB RAM running Mac Excel 2008 (v12.1.0 080409). When I use Mac Excel 2008 to open excel files that I created in Windows Excel 97 2004, all my pivot tables convert correctly but any REFERENCES to any fields within the pivot table do NOT show the valid values that Excel 97 showed. Instead all refrences have &quot;#VALUE!&quot; in the cell. There is a valid reference startement there but no valid value. How can I fix this? You are a few updates behind: make ...

How much is it Microsoft Office Online ?
I can not fined how much is Microsoft Office Online?Thank you A Katona "alfkatona" <alfkatona@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52A34FC8-0FFF-48FE-966C-87D916AEEAFB@microsoft.com... > I can not fined how much is Microsoft Office Online?Thank you A Katona It's bot. It's free. If this is what you mean: http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/FX100647101033.aspx "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#DEPvpPwKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > It's bot. Ooops! A Freudian slip - s/be &...

date calculations #5
I am trying to calculate the average and median of a value in column I when the date in column H has a month value of January. This is my formula: {=AVERAGE(IF(MONTH(H$4:H$1494)=1,I$4:I$1494))}. Any idea why I get the wrong result? Blank cells would return TRUE for MONTH = 1 as well, you can use =AVERAGE(IF((Range1<>"")*(MONTH(Range1)=1),Range2)) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "kraway" <kraway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0114035-9BA9-4255-9EDD-315387BCB6D8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to calculate the average and median of a value...

Exchange 5.5 limits
Hi all - Currently running 5.5 sp4 on Win2K sp4. I was hoping to upgrade to at least Exchange 2000 this year, but I don't think it's in the cards. I was wondering if there is a point where 5.5 starts behaving flaky (db size, user count,..). My iron is pretty heavy - a Dell PowerEdge with dual 2.GHz xeons - 3GB ram and the database drive is raid 0 76GB. Current stats are - single site, 35GB priv store - roughly 650 users. I should add that it is rock solid currently (I know I just cursed myself) - any foreseeable issues? Many Thanks. Pete RAID 0 is huge issue - you loose...

Mail encoding in Entourage and Outlook for Mac (Beta-2)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>We have a problem with writing non English text in emails. If I write email which have Lithuanian letters in it, like( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;&amp;#279;&amp;#303;�&amp;#371;&amp;#363;� ) recipient (Outlook 2007 or Apple Mail) receives this as ( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;??�??� ). This can be solved with inclusion of any spacial symbol like Euro sign ( � ). If this sign is anywhere in the email text, Entourage or O...

Word X
I get this error when opening MS Word 10.1.1. Also, Entourage won't launch. Anyone have any suggestions? Hi James, First thing you need to do is install the Office X updates available here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX You can skip the 10.1.3 update because it is incorporated into the 10.1.4 update. Then use Disk Utility First Aid to repair permissions on OSX. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: &l...

Move/Migrate 7.5 To New machine
I'm a sysadmin spearheading the migration/move of a GP 7.5 installation to a new Win2K server (SQL Server 2000, of course). Right now we do not have a GP consultant to help us with this. I would like some tips/experiences of others who have done this. Do you really need a consultant to help. (And if you are a GP consultant, please tell me why we need you!) We also have two allied apps to move: Xpede and WorkforceROI. Any experiences you might having moving/replicating these apps along with GP would be helpful. Many thanks! Rich I just did this migration a week ago. First, there is a ...

Can't select tect in Office 2007 applications
HI, Runnig Office 2007 Ultimate on Windows 7. All worked fine when first installed yesterday. Then out of nowhere I can no longer highlight or select any text in Word or Outlook using the mouse. All menu's work fine. Have to use the arrow keys to move around documents and emails. Un-installed and re-instaled Office, no joy. Mouse works fine in all other apps. All very odd! ...

Formula Error #5
Hi, I have a spreadsheet, one sheet per month (ie November, December etc), which has this formula to calculate the daily average of sales (column P, and column U is for account sales, of which there may be not be any for the month), AVERAGE(IF(P10:P70>0,(P10:P70)+(U10:U70))) CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER. This is in cell F72, one row per day, and the >0 part of the formula is there so that future days are not calculated. I have a summary page for this current financial year, and each month contains this formula in cells B6,B8,B10 - B28: ='NOVEMBER 07'!F72 (as per it's month), how...

Adding SQL 2008 expr SP1 as prerequisite
Please could someone advise on the best way of adding the necessary bootstrap files for SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 (I am running VS 2008 SP1). I have added SQL Server 2008 Express (pre SP1); I think this was following the instructions at the following: http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlexpress/archive/2008/09/12/faq-installing-the-sql-server-2008-express-clickonce-bootstrapper-for-visual-studio-2008-sp1.aspx However, pre SP1 does not support Windows 7 so I need the SP1 files. I can download the installation files: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=01af61e6-...

Office applications crash on one machine but not others
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Word and Excel frequently crash on one of the three iMacs in our office. There is no pattern to this. The same 2004 version (different licenses and product keys, of course) on our other machines seem quite stable. Do we need to uninstall and re-install Office? [If we have to do this, how do we identify which product key relates to the troublesome machine? Also, how do we save and transfer the email database in Entourage]. On 4/16/09 7:57 AM, "DougalMac@officeformac.com" <DougalMac@officeformac.com> wrot...

GetFileType returns 5
Hi I am using GetFileType API and passing it the handle returned from GetStdHandle(STD_INPUT_HANDLE) the returns value from GetFileType is 5. What does it signifies. GetLastError returns 0. I could not get any information related to it in MSDN or in winbase.h file. Regards Jakir Good question. I just checked out the latest SDK I have installed (which is supposed to cover XP), and it only enumerates values 0..3, consistent with the documentation. What platform and version are you running under, and what do you think the stdin handle represents? It might help. joe On 20 Jul 2004 12:31:5...

Office assistant does not work after update
I have a problem with the assistant after update outlook xp to outlook 2003. The sourcefile (for example clippit.acg) would not found, and i have to install the assitant new. How can i update outlook without this? Thanks, Erwin ...

Ms outlook 2000 / exchange 5.5 VIEW problem.
I have several users sharing an exchange mailbox that seems to have a recurring problem. Problem: In one of the folders, "inbox", there is a problem with the scrolling. It seems to be a "views" problem. Half the time, when you scroll, the scroll bar will go from normal size to this really tiny bar for no reason. Then it won't let you scroll to the end of the mailbox. Sometimes messages actually "disappear" when opening the item directly below it. Looks like it's deleted! If you close outlook however and reenter, all messages are there until you sta...

microsoft office XP media content disk
Last summer (Aug.2002)I purchased a Dell Computer with microsoft xp home and microsoft office software loaded with no back-up disks. A member of my family recently was using Microsoft Publisher and noticed that she could not insert a clip art item without loading a "microsoft office XP media content disk". I was never given this disk and was not aware what I can do now. I contacted Dell Support and they "pretended" that they did not know what I was talking about. Help!!!! What should be my course of action. None of the clip art items in the loaded software are available...

how do i use office 2003 after trial period
My 60 day activation has expired.I need to know the price of office 2003 and is it a one time payment.My activation key does not work right now will i use the same activation key when i purchase office 2003. Office came with my new pc and i have the disc. The cost depends on the version of Office you need - and yes, it's a one time cost for that version. Can't help you with the rest, I've never used a trial version. My guess is that there will be a new key with payment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "donald" <donald@discussions.micros...

Most occuring Exchange 5.5&2000 eventid errors
Hi, I'm looking for a list which displays most or all exchange 5.5 event id errors and warnings. This to configure an eventlog monitoring program, and setup alerting. Is there such a list available? Joris. Why not set monitoring for errors and warnings from Exchange services? Joris wrote: > Hi, > > I'm looking for a list which displays most or all exchange 5.5 event > id errors and warnings. This to configure an eventlog monitoring > program, and setup alerting. > > Is there such a list available? > > Joris. ...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

Activation of Microsoft Office 2007 Home and Student
I really need some help... I have installed my copy of Home and Student 2007 on two computers, but here's the problem. My desktop computer crashed which had the second legit use of the key. My third legit key use was to re-install the Home and Student on the computer that crashed. I tried to install it on my new laptop (which I desperately need for school), and it said I used it too many times. Is it possible that Microsoft or anyone out there could help me out in this sticky situation? Thanks in advance! Did you ever consider to use the Telephone Activation and speak to a re...

Exchange 2003 and Exchange 5.5 SMTP
Hello! I recently upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 by joining existing site of the 5.5. Since then I moved all my mailboxes to 2003. My 5.5 is still in place and all external mail is still being routed to 5.5. Here is what i think is a problem that I noticed recently. When I send out mail to multiple external recipients, and then I go to the message tracking center in 2003, I can see that the email is being transfered from 2003 SMTP to 5.5 MTA for delivery. Why does this happen? Shouldn't the 2003 SMPT make the delivery itself? Please advise. Thank You On Tue, 21 Jun 2005...

Website Development Application for the Mac
Hello, I am a new convert to Mac. I used MS Frontpage previously for my web page development work. Is there a good Web site development application for the Mac that you would recommend? Thanks. > I am a new convert to Mac. I used MS Frontpage previously for my web > page development work. Is there a good Web site development application > for the Mac that you would recommend? Thanks. The parallels to FrontPage would be Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive. Other programs I've seen mentioned recently but know nothing about: RapidWeaver GoodPage PageSpinner BBEdit (used along with Sty...